Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Grand Rapids Regional Viewing Locations Thread

Posted by Beeeej 
Grand Rapids Regional Viewing Locations Thread
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2009 03:28PM

Bring 'em.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

New York City
Date: March 23, 2009 03:30PM

Ship of Fools is giving us priority for the Saturday game and, if we make it, the Sunday game. We get the entire main room. Wear red, bring your friends. Ship of Fools is on 2nd Ave. between 82nd and 83rd St., on the east side of the street.

Saturday regional semi-final against Northeastern is at 4pm.

If we win, the regional final (national quarterfinal) against the winner of Notre Dame vs. Bemidji State will be at 8pm on Sunday.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Grand Rapids Regional Viewing Locations Thread
Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: March 23, 2009 06:07PM

I doubt I will get anywhere with this one, but is anyone going to be at Mammoth Mountain?

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 06:32PM

Anyone in Syracuse? I don't know of anywhere in particular that has ESPNU - I've been working too hard lately and haven't gotten out much. I'd gladly join some folks out somewhere if anyone has a location in mind . . .

Boston
Posted by: Robin (132.183.13.---)
Date: March 23, 2009 06:42PM

Even though NCAA basketball may coincide, I assume that the Sports Depot in Allston, MA, will allow us TV to watch some hockey.

Saturday 4pm, Cornell's regional semi-final again Northeastern.

Sports Depot
353 Cambrige Street
Allston, MA 02134
(617) 783-2300

Boston fans, come on out. I'll call the Sports Depot to confirm.

Atlanta
Posted by: rmandel (---.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 23, 2009 11:57PM

The Cornell Atlanta Alumni Association (CAAA) will gather at The Famous Pub in Toco Hills to watch all remaining hockey games as the team marches to the Frozen Four.

Saturday, March 28
First Round vs Northeastern – 4:00 PM

Sunday, March 29 (if we win on Saturday)
Second Round vs ???? – 8:00 PM

The Famous Pub
2947 N Druid Hills Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
(404) 633-3555
www.famouspubsports.com

No event fee. No cover. Everyone pays for their own food and beverage. Wear your RED.

Note: The Famous Pub is a smoking facility.

Posted by: ChipJ (146.189.136.---)
Date: March 24, 2009 07:17AM

I'll be there (Boston - Sports Depot) since Comcast does not have ESPNU
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 10:07PM by ChipJ.

Houston
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: March 24, 2009 02:53PM

Just received an email with this information

Join the Cornell Alumni Association of Greater Houston (CAAGH) as we cheer on the Cornell hockey team! This game is part of the NCAA tournament to determine the four top teams for the "Frozen Four" and ultimately the National Champion. RSVP to Dave Gilkeson at Gilkeson @at swbell .dot net if you plan to attend. Go Big Red!

Cornell vs. Northeastern Hockey
Saturday, March 28, 2009, 3:00 p.m.

Fox and Hound Pub & Grille
11470 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77077
(on Westheimer, just east of Kirkwood)
281-589-2122
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 04:01PM by Beeeej.

Washington, DC
Posted by: Josh 03 (---.fws.gov)
Date: March 24, 2009 10:04PM

Washington DC Gamewatch

Penn Quarter Sports Tavern
639 Indiana Ave NW
Washington, DC
Metro: Archives-Navy Memorial-Penn Quarter (Green/Yellow)

This event is free. We will be here on Sunday too if Cornell wins on Saturday.
Drink specials include:

$4 23oz. Miller Light & Blue Moon Drafts
$10 Miller Light Pitchers
$16 Rail Margarita Pitchers
$15 Rail Mixed Drink Pitchers

--------------------------------------------------------

Also, the Cornell Club of Washington will be hositng a Cornell hockey happy hour on the Friday of Frozen Four weekend for all Cornell hockey fans attending the 2009 Frozen Four. Same bar at 5-8 so that people that want can attend the Hobey presentation and skills competition. Details to be posted here after the Regionals.

[www.cornellclubdc.org]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 10:07PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2009 10:32PM

anyone know anything going on in cincinnati? I will be there for the game, and would like to catch it with some people if possibe.

Re: Boston
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2009 03:33PM

Robin
Even though NCAA basketball may coincide, I assume that the Sports Depot in Allston, MA, will allow us TV to watch some hockey.

Saturday 4pm, Cornell's regional semi-final again Northeastern.

Sports Depot
353 Cambrige Street
Allston, MA 02134
(617) 783-2300

Boston fans, come on out. I'll call the Sports Depot to confirm.

This is now confirmed and we'll be back there should we be playing on Sunday at 8 p.m.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.putnaminv.com)
Date: March 25, 2009 03:57PM

Here's the official link: [www.cornellclub.org]

Please try to RSVP with me as this helps facilitate getting the right-sized table at the Sports Depot before the game starts.

Josh
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 03:58PM by jputterman24.

Chicago
Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 25, 2009 05:05PM

Chicago

Watch Cornell Take On the Northeastern Huskies

Cornell is the #3 seed in the Midwest Region and is playing the #2 seed Northeastern Huskies at 3 pm CT in the opening round of the NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Harry Caray's Tavern in Wrigleyville at 3551 N. Sheffield will televise the game for all interested Cornell alums. Because the NCAA Basketball Regional Finals start at 3:30 pm, we encourage people to arrive before the game to ensure seating.

The restaurant has a full dinner menu which can be accessed here.

Children under 21 are permitted if accompanied by an adult.

Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009
Time: 3:00 pm Central Time (but arrive early to secure seating!)
3551 North Sheffield Avenue
Chicago, IL

Questions?: Ed Connolly : 312.560.0184 or emc5@cornell.edu

Go Big Red!
Although from Chicago you should get your ass to Grand Rapids. We need the support there.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 06:23PM by jkahn.

Buffalo
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2009 10:24PM

The Cornell Club of Greater Buffalo invites you to cheer on the Big Red as the Men's Hockey Team skates in the NCAA Tournament in their march towards the Frozen Four. We have confirmed a viewing location that will dedicate a live feed of the broadcast for those of us who prefer our March Madness on the ice rather than in the gymnasium.

Saturday, March 28
First Round vs Northeastern ? 4:00 PM

Jack Astor's Bar & Grill (In the Walden Galleria)
2000 Walden Ave
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
(716) 684-7693

There is no event fee or cover. Everyone pays for their own food and drink. Be sure to wear your Carnelian Red and White!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 10:48PM by Beeeej.

Northern California (Seriously, doesn't ANYBODY realize they can edit their own subject lines?)
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 25, 2009 11:20PM

CAANC sent the following info:

===============================================================
Event Details:

Place: Ricky's Sports Theater and Grill (http://www.rickys.com)

15028 Hesperian Boulevard. San Leandro, CA 94578 (510) 352-0200

Time: The puck drops at 1 PM PDT

Questions? Contact Joe Lemberg at eastbay@cornellnorcal.com

================================================================

Personally I'd rather see sopmething in South Bay or Peninsula.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 11:28PM by Beeeej.

Re: Northern California (Seriously, doesn't ANYBODY realize they can edit their own subject lines?)
Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 12:30AM

KeithK

Personally I'd rather see something in South Bay or Peninsula.

Your wish is granted.

I don't want to compete with an official CAANC event but we did already set something up on the Penninsula. I was about to post it when I saw the CAANC message.

We will be watching at the

Ice Oasis (aka Nazareth Ice Oasis)
3140 Bay Road
Redwood City, California 94063
Ph. 650-364-8090
[iceoasis.com]

The restaurant is upstairs (it is no longer members only). Note that there is a public skating session at the same time so if you have kids they can be occupied. The restaurant overlooks the ice.

If you need more info then PM me. Rana is co-hosting since there is a chance I will be late.

Roy Kornbluh

Re: Northern California (Yes, i know I can edit my subject line. But why?)
Date: March 26, 2009 02:14AM

Roy 82
KeithK
Your wish is granted...We will be watching at the Ice Oasis
Hmmm.... Do I dare? I'm pretty sure Cornell has never won a game that I've watched at Ice Oasis in several tries.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 12:37PM by KeithK.

Portland, OR?
Posted by: GTSnowracer (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 11:45AM

Anybody in Portland know a place that might be showing the game? It was tough last weekend to find someone willing to swtich of basketball...I didn't get to watch until OT.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: March 26, 2009 12:26PM

Beeeej
Bring 'em.(Seriously, doesn't ANYBODY realize they can edit their own subject lines?)

Not really paying much attention to them in flat view as opposed to threaded.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 12:36PM

Chris 02
Beeeej
Bring 'em.(Seriously, doesn't ANYBODY realize they can edit their own subject lines?)

Agreed. In flat view I never notice the subject line so I almost never think to change it. Now I'm even less likely to do so since I know I can elicit exasperated comments from Beeeej.

Re: Portland, OR?
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 12:39PM

GTSnowracer
Anybody in Portland know a place that might be showing the game? It was tough last weekend to find someone willing to swtich of basketball...I didn't get to watch until OT.
Can't help you for Oregon. But it's usually a lot easier to find a TV on the second weekend of the squeakball tournament. I think there are only two games scheduled for Saturday. (Well, four women's games too. But seriously...)

Re: Subject Lines
Posted by: mnagowski (12.19.225.---)
Date: March 26, 2009 01:35PM

KeithK
Chris 02
Beeeej

Agreed. In flat view I never notice the subject line so I almost never think to change it. Now I'm even less likely to do so since I know I can elicit exasperated comments from Beeeej.

I'm partial to flat view myself, as well. But thanks. I just spent the last twelve hours trying in vain to figure out what they hell Beeeej changed in my post. Mystery solved.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 01:57PM

KeithK
Chris 02
Beeeej

That's what I told him but he doesn't listen. That's why nobody will bring him to Tuscaloosa.

Re:Anywhere
Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 02:51PM

Beeeej
If we win, the regional final (national quarterfinal) against the winner of Notre Dame vs. Bemidji State will be at 8pm on Sunday.

Has the network that the regional final will be on been announced?

And since this question is in response to a Beeeej post, and he will answer my questions in as uselessly narrow a manner as possible, as if my question were being answered pursuant to a contract with Satan* ....

if it has been announced, what network is it?

* I understand that I have earned this treatment.

Re: Re:Anywhere
Posted by: cbuckser (---.ospd.ca.gov)
Date: March 26, 2009 03:32PM

ugarte
Has the network that the regional final will be on been announced?
ESPNU. The days of simulcasting the regionals are over.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: March 26, 2009 05:45PM

KeithK
Roy 82
KeithK
Your wish is granted...We will be watching at the Ice Oasis
Hmmm.... Do I dare? I'm pretty sure Cornell has never won a game that I've watched at Ice Oasis in several tries.

Yes, but that is because you were mostly watching second round games against teams like Minny and Wisconsin that were basically home teams. I don't consider you to be bad luck, just a statistically consistent victim.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 06:14PM

Roy 82
Yes, but that is because you were mostly watching second round games against teams like Minny and Wisconsin that were basically home teams/
The Minnesota game was unfair to Cornell for at least three reasons I can think of off the top of my head, but the Wisconsin game could have gone either way. From where I sit, we didn't end up with the National Championship that year primarily because Wisconsin got lucky before we did: that game had to end sometime.

New Haven viewing location
Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 10:12PM

New Haven, CT

If anyone in southern CT wants to watch the game with me, the Black Bear Saloon in downtown New Haven gets ESPNU and would make a TV available. Let me know if you're interested.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2009 10:34AM by dbilmes.

Rochester
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2009 10:30PM

My couch. PM for details.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Rochester
Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 11:21PM

jtwcornell91

How many people can fit on your couch?

Posted by: RichH (---.att-inc.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 11:53PM

Killer
jtwcornell91

How many people can fit on your couch?

Probably one more than could fit in ugarte's ECAC viewing location.

Philadelphia viewing for Northeastern Game
Posted by: DZ (192.147.58.---)
Date: March 27, 2009 09:18AM

Any recommendations for a bar to watch the game at on Saturday?

Yale-VT NCAA regional semifinal
Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 11:34AM

If anyone is in the Cambridge area and interested in catching the Yale-VT game this evening at 6:30pm, 'Tavern in The Square'
in Central Square, 730 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, carries ESPNU and claims they can probably show the game (although with March Madness starting at 7pm they are not guaranteeing the full game).....

Re: New York City
Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 12:41PM

I just got an email from NY Net News that the game will also be shown at Faces and Names at 159 W54th St (at 7th ave).

Anyone planning on going there instead of Ship of Fools? I have a feeling SOF is still the place to go and is where I'm headed.

Re: Philadelphia viewing for Northeastern Game
Posted by: Kristen'00 (---.dhcp.chop.edu)
Date: March 27, 2009 01:29PM

I've called a couple of places and Fox and Hound (15th and Spruce in Center City) gets ESPNU, but is debating on if they'll show the game. I was told yesterday that they'd let me know today before 5pm, depending on Saturday's projected March Madness schedule. Maybe it'd help if others call them too to show that we could get a group there?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 01:34PM

jtwcornell91

Ew.

Date: March 27, 2009 01:42PM

A-ron
I just got an email from NY Net News that the game will also be shown at Faces and Names at 159 W54th St (at 7th ave).

Anyone planning on going there instead of Ship of Fools? I have a feeling SOF is still the place to go and is where I'm headed.

I'm going to SOF because I arranged it with the owner and because it's absurdly convenient for me, but I'm glad there's a second option. I hope we get a great turnout at both places.

- Steve Worona

Syracuse
Posted by: statenaurora (---.syr.edu)
Date: March 27, 2009 04:52PM

Any luck with finding a place or interested people? I'd like to watch at a bar, otherwise I'll have to watch at the office.

Posted by: Kristen'00 (---.dhcp.chop.edu)
Date: March 27, 2009 05:02PM

Not a really helpful update, but the guy from Fox and Hound says we can "probably watch the game," but he can't promise anything.

However, Cavanaugh's in University City does get the game and they say they'll have it on. It's at 119 South 39th Street (at Sansom) Philadelphia, PA 19104. Phone number 215.386.4889. So anyone who's interested, head over to Cavanaugh's!

Westchester
Posted by: MattShaf (151.202.126.---)
Date: March 27, 2009 05:28PM

If there is interest, Black Bear Saloon in White Plasins has ESPN U and will show the game. Can't speak for any beer specials.
If there is no interest I will probably be watching from home (thanks Verizon Fios:-D) in HD (if the games are being broadcast in HD)

Re: Watching in Ithaca Questions
Posted by: CornellChris (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 06:57PM

Normally I'd catch the game on TV at one of the many Cornell friendly bars in NYC. However, I thought this year it would be fun to make the drive to Ithaca and watch it there. As such, a few questions if someone would be so kind as to help me out:

1) I see there's a Lax game that same day at noon. Since I'll be in town anyway, I figured I'd take in that game as well. How's the tailgating scene for Cornell lax these days? Is it worth showing up an hour or two early to have a few beers in the parking lot?

2) In between the lacrosse & hockey games, I was going to grab a bite to eat. There was a restaurant I loved that was right on the water. However, for the life of me I can't remember the name. A Google search tells me it was most likely the Boatyard Grill, but I can't help but wonder if I'm thinking of another place. Is there another restaurant on the water even closer to campus?

3) For the hockey game itself, I wanted to watch at a sports bar in Collegetown. When I was at Cornell, this would obviously have been the Bear Lodge. However, someone told me that the Bear Lodge closed down. Say it ain't so! Another fan told me it was still there... so who's right? Hopefully I'll be able to watch at the Bear Lodge and grab some chicken chili at the Nines during an intermission.

Also, any other suggestions while I'm in town? Thanks for the help everybody!

-Chris

Re: Watching in Ithaca Questions
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 09:04PM

Amazingly, the Brew Pub in Frederick, MD we ate at tonight had the games on. Guaranteed that won't be happening if it's opposite anything more locally palatable tomorrow -- like say hoops, or hunting, or angling...

Re: North Jersey
Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 27, 2009 09:59PM

A place that will always accomodate college hockey fans for sure is "Miami Mike's Sportz Bar" iin the Ramada Inn on Rte 10 West in East Hanover.

Mike is now the owner and is very accomodating although most folks there will be there to watch hoops, he will give the hockey crowd at least a few TVs.

I may stop by after an earlier committment.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 08:42AM

So does the fact that all the teasers for today's game had us listed as playing on ESPNU, and not ESPNU HD, indicate that the game won't be broadcast in high def?

If so, that's horrible.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 08:48AM

Jordan 04
So does the fact that all the teasers for today's game had us listed as playing on ESPNU, and not ESPNU HD, indicate that the game won't be broadcast in high def?

If so, that's horrible.

Another "everything's amazing and nobody's happy" moment?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 09:20AM

Jordan 04

If so, that's horrible.

The only way they were going to broadcast the game in HD was if we were playing in an NHL rink that already had the cameras there. I don't think they were going to truck out the equipment for a hockey regional.

NCAA hockey in Ithaca
Posted by: npwirth '10 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2009 02:56PM

The brothers of Alpha Delta Phi will be hosting a viewing "party" in their house on 777 Stewart Avenue today at 4. Open to all students. Please call 917-628-8916 if you are planning on coming. Beverages and possibly food will be provided.

Posted by: jputterman24 (---.c3-0.bkl-ubr2.sbo-bkl.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 28, 2009 07:11PM

We'll be back tomorrow (Sunday) for an 8pm start (correct me if I'm wrong on the time). they said they can give us the private room tomorrow because it doesn't conflict with basketball, though I personally liked having the local northeastern fans behind us...

Date: March 28, 2009 07:19PM

Beeeej
Ship of Fools is giving us priority for the Saturday game and, if we make it, the Sunday game. We get the entire main room. Wear red, bring your friends. Ship of Fools is on 2nd Ave. between 82nd and 83rd St., on the east side of the street.

Saturday regional semi-final against Northeastern is at 4pm.

We get all three rooms at Ship of Fools tomorrow night at 8pm. We packed the main room for the opener. Bring your friends!

- Steve Worona

Re: NCAA hockey in Ithaca
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 07:27PM

Awesome game!

Anyone in Jersey want to do something closer than NYC on a Sunday night? I know there's the place on Rt 10 that been suggested. Other suggestion welcome. Anyone?

Posted by: abmarks (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 07:56PM

jputterman24
We'll be back tomorrow (Sunday) for an 8pm start (correct me if I'm wrong on the time). they said they can give us the private room tomorrow because it doesn't conflict with basketball, though I personally liked having the local northeastern fans behind us...

Wee. I think I'll actually make it this time

Re: Northern California (Look Ma, I edited my subject line:)
Posted by: Roy 82 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 08:04PM

Roy 82
KeithK

Your wish is granted.

I don't want to compete with an official CAANC event but we did already set something up on the Penninsula. I was about to post it when I saw the CAANC message.

We will be watching at the

Ice Oasis (aka Nazareth Ice Oasis)
3140 Bay Road
Redwood City, California 94063
Ph. 650-364-8090
[iceoasis.com]

The restaurant is upstairs (it is no longer members only). Note that there is a public skating session at the same time so if you have kids they can be occupied. The restaurant overlooks the ice.

If you need more info then PM me. Rana is co-hosting since there is a chance I will be late.

Roy Kornbluh

Un(*&976believable game! The KKurse has been broken.banana
We will do it again tomorrow at 5PM at the Ice Oasis.
BTW, Alex is keeping the restaurant open just for us tomorrow so let's have a good turnout and tip nicely.

Re: Houston
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 10:13PM

Chris 02
Just received an email with this information

Join the Cornell Alumni Association of Greater Houston (CAAGH) as we cheer on the Cornell hockey team! This game is part of the NCAA tournament to determine the four top teams for the "Frozen Four" and ultimately the National Champion. RSVP to Dave Gilkeson at Gilkeson @at swbell .dot net if you plan to attend. Go Big Red!

Cornell vs. Northeastern Hockey
Saturday, March 28, 2009, 3:00 p.m.

Fox and Hound Pub & Grille
11470 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77077
(on Westheimer, just east of Kirkwood)
281-589-2122

This one is a NON bump for Sunday. Dave said he hadn't reserved the place for Sunday. It was a good crowd of about 20 people today (including one Northeastern party pooper).

Re: North Jersey
Posted by: ajc69 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 11:03PM

is anybody else going to this bar? I really wish I could make it to nyc but work the next morning is screwing everything up

Posted by: dadeo (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 11:04PM

How was Cavanaughs? I hope they will be open & showing it tomorrow night!!!!
Dave '02

Jersey Sunday viewing location?
Date: March 28, 2009 10:59PM

Splitting off from the viewing thread to be able to have a separate dialog...

Does anyone in northern-ish Jersey, who doesn't want to go into NYC on a Sunday night, care to find a viewing location in this area? I know there's been a place mentioned in East Hanover, but suggestions are welcome...

Anyone?

Re: Jersey Sunday viewing location?
Date: March 28, 2009 11:04PM

We're looking for a place and would love some company, we're in paramus, what are you thinking?

Date: March 28, 2009 11:13PM

Well, I don't know much in the area, although Miami's Mike Sports Zone has been recommended (by our favorite Clarkson fan, though). It's on Route 10 in East Hanover (just east of Morristown), at the Ramada apparently.

I'm in Springfield, so that's fairly equidistant for us. Open to suggestions though.

Date: March 28, 2009 11:54PM

sounds good, we'll be there, if any other jersey folk want to come out we'd love to get a crowd!

Date: March 28, 2009 11:54PM

Well, anyone who's interested, either respond here or PM me, let me know how many in your group, and whether you have any suggestions for locations. And I'll try to call places and set something up tomorrow.

Re: Buffalo
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 10:17AM

Buffalo-area Cornellians will be at the same viewing location tonight at 8PM for the Second Round:

mnagowski
Jack Astor's Bar & Grill (In the Walden Galleria)
2000 Walden Ave
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
(716) 684-7693[/center]

Date: March 29, 2009 10:32AM

So for New Jersey, I'd like some more numbers potentially before I try to call anywhere. I only have a few now. Please PM me or respond here.

MIAMI MIKE'S IS OUT. STAY TUNED.

PLEASE PM ME if you intend on coming. Because if we only have a few people and, if justin tv stays up, I'm not sure if it'll be worthwhile.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 03:21PM by DeltaOne81.

Re: Westchester
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 29, 2009 10:47AM

MattShaf
If there is interest, Black Bear Saloon in White Plasins has ESPN U and will show the game. Can't speak for any beer specials.
If there is no interest I will probably be watching from home (thanks Verizon Fios:-D) in HD (if the games are being broadcast in HD)

Too bad I didn't read this before going out. I was at the Sports Page, which was generous enough to give me two TVs.

Haven't decided between the Page or my house tonight.

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 11:06AM

I was at Black Bear -- they gave me a big screen above my booth as well as the small screen at the table itself so if I wanted to see (close caption) what the announcers were saying.....(and they seemed to talk a lot about CU, didn't catch the NU homerism)...

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 29, 2009 11:10AM

I was also considering Lazy Boy tonight, just for a change of pace and some better food and beer options than the Bear.

But I'm starting to think it's Ship of Fools or nothing for me. I've exhausted my sports bar budget for the month, so if I'm going to watch hockey out three nights in a row, I might as well do it in style.

Re: Northern California East Bay? (I edited my subject line) ;-)
Posted by: Ketty (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 01:28PM

New poster here. So, I guess there are no organized viewing locations in the Berkeley/Oakland/SF area then?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 01:30PM by Ketty.

Re: Jersey Sunday viewing location? - Scotch Plains last resort
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 01:35PM

The Stage Coach in Scotch Plains on Park Avenue (off Route 22) would be a secondary choice on account of having TVs not big TVs but it's a friendly place. Yesterday they were closed for a bar mitzvah so I got to watch on radio instead. I'm willing to drive half an hour in some direction. Based on my experience, if we get a group, a responsible adult, if there is one, should call to confirm they can get ESPNU and we can get a TV, so we don't all drive for nothing. I think the last of the NCAA regionals should be over by 8.

Date: March 29, 2009 02:15PM

DeltaOne81
Well, I don't know much in the area, although Miami's Mike Sports Zone has been recommended (by our favorite Clarkson fan, though). It's on Route 10 in East Hanover (just east of Morristown), at the Ramada apparently.

I'm in Springfield, so that's fairly equidistant for us. Open to suggestions though.

I'd love to join you guys, would even wearmy Green and Gold too, but am swamped with school work since yesterday was a washout so hopefully you've decided to go to Miami Mike's.

It really is a good place and over the years Mike has become a good college hockey fan. He'll treat you right.

Date: March 29, 2009 02:35PM

Ketty
New poster here. So, I guess there are no organized viewing locations in the Berkeley/Oakland/SF area then?
There was the San Leandro location for yesterday's game (scroll up for my post). Not sure if they're going back. Try emailing eastbay@cornellnorcal.com. Contact name was Joe Lemberg.

Posted by: Ketty (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 02:37PM

thanks!

Date: March 29, 2009 03:11PM

DeltaOne81
So for New Jersey, I'd like some more numbers potentially before I try to call anywhere. I only have a few now. Please PM me or respond here.

The plan is:

Miami's Mike Sports Zone (at the Ramada Inn)
1310 Route 10 W
E Hanover, NJ 07932
(973) 386-5622
[www.ramadaeasthanover.com]

PLEASE PM ME if you intend on coming. Because if we only have a few people (and if justin tv stays up), I'm not sure if it'll be worthwhile.

... and you'll post a public note about how many are coming? So as to encourage us all to come (who've privately said we are). If it's just like 2 people some of us might stay closer to home. But I really want to do this is a group environment. This is where we need a Cornellian with a big house and a big TV and DirecTV to step forward. Alas, we have no DirecTV.

P.S. Thanks for organizing and helping out Cornell's sense of community. The Cornell Fund still wants a check from you, though.

Date: March 29, 2009 03:17PM

Miami Mike's is a NO GO for New Jersey. They're closing early tonight, after the basketball.

Stay tuned, and check your PMs.

Date: March 29, 2009 04:34PM

There is no official New Jersey event. It just turned out to be too late to really get this together, which is no one's fault but my own. Lesson learned.

However, there may be a few people at the Stage House Restaurant & Bar in Scotch Plains, NJ. I encourage anyone who's interested to scout it out, and maybe we'll try to use them for more official future events.

Stage House Restaurant & Bar

I will likely not be there unless the internet options all fall through, but if we like the place, we can see about using them for consistently in the future.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 04:35PM by DeltaOne81.

Re: Grand Rapids Regional Viewing Locations -- Stage House, Scotch Plains, NJ
Date: March 29, 2009 06:14PM

Two of us will be there, at least. Stage House is a nice sports / pretend-we're-still-singles bar (too late to help me) across the hall from a pretty good restaurant. Pub food in the bar. Stage House, 366 Park Avenue Scotch Plains 07076 at First Street. As I recall there are TVs not jumbo TVs.

Kind of sad that we don't have a better handle on really good sports bars in NJ. (The other one near us doesn't even bother to bring in satellite.) I always thought there were a zillion sports bars around but not so.

LGR!

Date: March 29, 2009 07:37PM

Probably too late here but how far are you guys from East Hanover? That's easily the best (Miami Mike's) Sportz Bar in NJ and if the hoops are done by 8 pm, you'd have the joint all to yourselves.

Date: March 30, 2009 08:40AM

DeltaOne81 checked out Miami Mikes and found they were tuckered out from all the NCAA hoops the past two weeks that they were closing early. The Stage House turns out to have upsized its TVs since I was there last and it was a fine place to watch our dreams get dashed again.

The Stage House turnout there was small but it was still fun, as before in other venues and at games themselves, to share a common experience with Cornellians separated by a bunch of years. eLynah once again proves its merit for hooking up (initial terminology) Cornellians. Commercial dating services should do so well.

Date: March 30, 2009 04:57PM

billhoward
eLynah once again proves its merit for hooking up (initial terminology) Cornellians. Commercial dating services should do so well.

I like you Bill, but not that much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login