Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Grand Rapids Roll Call

Posted by Rita 
Grand Rapids Roll Call
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 11:48AM

I'm definitely going (and Abby-Bâby is doing her first hockey road trip!)

We have a room at the Days Inn in downtown Grand Rapids, about 8 blocks from the arena.

I left a message with the Cornell ticket office indicating that I wanted tickets and would call back tomorrow. I would rather have tickets that indicate I do indeed belong in the Cornell section, rather than being "smuggled in" like in Green Bay (I got tickets through ticket master that were for another part of the arena).

I'm hoping we do not have to worry about a "badger-like" influx of Irish fans in Grand Rapids.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 03:45PM by Rita.

Re: Grand Rapids Roll Call
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 11:59AM

Just bought my ticket.

Edit: And flights: $292 flight (Allentown to Grand Rapids) and car on lastminute.com. Plus it's on United, so I get mileage. banana
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 12:21PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 12:08PM

I'm going.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 12:44PM

I hope to, but not sure yet. I did get a room at Courtyard Grand Rapids. It's connected to the Arena, next door. They have a enclosed walkway system like downtown Mini. I got senior rate $118 per night.woot They have reg rate $139. Hopefully I'll get to use it.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 12:48PM

Jim Hyla
I got senior rate $118 per night.woot They have reg rate $139. Hopefully I'll get to use it.
You're not old enough for the senior rate yet, are you? Not the way you toss that candy around!

Posted by: RedAndBlue'08 (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 12:53PM

I'm going. If anyone in Ann Arbor wants to car pool let me know.

Posted by: ansky629 (---.wireless.umnet.umich.edu)
Date: March 22, 2009 01:06PM

I'm thinking about going. I'm looking into these "student tickets" though as I'm a grad student at Michigan. Apparently they're half the price, but if I can't get those I guess I'll have to go for the full-price seats. Anybody know if/when regionals usually sell out? Will I be able to wait for tomorrow to call the ticket office?

Posted by: ansky629 (---.wireless.umnet.umich.edu)
Date: March 22, 2009 01:08PM

Hey - I might be interested in carpooling. I would just need to know when you would want to leave/come back as I have class Friday and Monday morning.

Date: March 22, 2009 02:09PM

Well, I'm officially going. Carpooling with Blair Bacher. Getting up early Sat. AM and driving through.

Posted by: Annie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 04:58PM

Ned and I will be there! Got a cheap flight from Rochester--Cleveland-GR from Expedia. Staying at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown. LGR

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 05:01PM

I'm pretty sure I can't make it, but there's a slight chance I'll be able to work things out. Do I need to worry about the games selling out, or am I okay to wait?

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 05:05PM

For anyone in the area, what's the "best" airport to fly into? Does Grand Rapids have a decent sized airport?

I'm an undecided.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 05:45PM

judy
For anyone in the area, what's the "best" airport to fly into? Does Grand Rapids have a decent sized airport?

Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is in Grand Rapids. Lansing (LAN) is about 60 miles away and could be a cheaper flight depending on where you're coming from.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 22, 2009 06:49PM

ebilmes
I'm pretty sure I can't make it, but there's a slight chance I'll be able to work things out. Do I need to worry about the games selling out, or am I okay to wait?

Regionals very rarely sell out, and if they do it's because the host team is playing there. This year I don't think that's a real concern given the draw in Grand Rapids. In any event, I presume you're not waiting until you walk up to the arena to buy tickets - if you find out on Thursday that you can go, I don't think you're at any risk of not being able at least to buy tickets online at full price.

ETA: I loved the regionals experience in Grand Rapids in 1997, but I just can't justify the trip this time. I've got a trial Monday morning, and I certainly can't spend the money to fly out there expecting to leave Sunday whether we win on Saturday or not. Guess I'll be organizing Ship of Fools again.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 06:56PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 07:02PM

I'm not going this time, but if anybody on the fence has not been to Grand Rapids, I recommend it. Very nice city; interesting building.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: March 22, 2009 07:36PM

Saddly, during the game I'll be about halfway down Bright Angel Trail headed for the bottom of the Grand Canyon. I probably won't hear the result of Saturday's game (and hopefully Sunday's) until Monday afternoon when we get back to the South Rim... :(

You'd think that of ANY family out there, mine would be the one who could schedule a trip like this after hockey season!

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 08:40PM

I can't make it there either, but I'll be down for the Ship of Fools viewing.

Date: March 22, 2009 09:13PM

I hate to ask, worried about a negative outcome, what about the Pep Band?

Date: March 22, 2009 09:23PM

Jim Hyla
It's a much shorter trip than Minny or GB, and they've been to every regional I know of, including Grand Rapids '97, so I sure hope so.

Date: March 22, 2009 09:25PM

jkahn
Jim Hyla
It's a much shorter trip than Minny or GB, and they've been to every regional I know of, including Grand Rapids '97, so I sure hope so.
Agreed, but times are tough.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (128.189.243.---)
Date: March 22, 2009 09:33PM

Jim Hyla
jkahn
Jim Hyla
It sounds like they'll be sending 25 to GR this year.

Posted by: fatchance72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 09:49PM

Jim Hyla

The pep band will be there.

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 09:50PM

Lauren '06
Jim Hyla
jkahn
Jim Hyla

The money always appears for the NCAA tournament hockey games.

Date: March 22, 2009 09:55PM

Flyers1037
Lauren '06
Jim Hyla
jkahn
Jim Hyla

The money always appears for the NCAA tournament hockey games.
for Minny, the money only came after a lot of us on this board pitched in, thanks to a campaign started IIRC by Jim, so I understand his concern.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 10:08PM

Presumably Cornell will have some allocation of tickets, but I don't see any discussion of the subject on the Corenll athletics web site story. Would someone please refresh our memories of how it has worked in the past?

Posted by: kfish (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 22, 2009 10:09PM

One more from the hockey hell-hole of Lafayette, and one from the hockey haven of Sault Ste. Marie.

Posted by: bernie (---.echostar.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 10:38PM

flying from denver to chicago-midway very early saturday and then driving with fellow 86er mike. staying at the downtown days inn in grand rapids as well

mike points out that bemidji was also in the green bay regional in '06. a similar observation to marquette being our 2nd round opponent in the ncaa hoops tournament two years in a row

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2009 10:46PM

An option for those considering it from NYC: round trip flights early AM Sat into Chicago, and early Mon am out of Chicago are currently $160.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 12:24AM

Wish I could but it's just not in the cards this year. I hope those who are making the trip make the rest of us proud. cuss drunk snore coffee drive

(That sequence of smileys was intended to indicate that you should yell loudly at the games, drink copious amounts of beer afterwards, get some sleep, caffeinate and travel home safely. :-))

Date: March 23, 2009 01:05AM

Josh '99
Wish I could but it's just not in the cards this year. I hope those who are making the trip make the rest of us proud. cuss drunk snore coffee drive

(That sequence of smileys was intended to indicate that you should yell loudly at the games, drink copious amounts of beer afterwards, get some sleep, caffeinate and travel home safely. :-))
Thanks for the kind words.**]

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2009 05:58AM

I'll be there via some combination of cities. Grand Rapids was fun in '97 with the pep band and we were not downtown so actually seeing the city would be swell.

Notre Dame's rink is small - smaller than Harvard's - so they naturally have been selling it out. Their winter break tournament in suburban Chicago (about the same distance as it is to Grand Rapids) drew mostly Notre Dame fans with the other schools at quite a distance. There isn't much to go on for Northeastern drawing fans in the NCAA's.

I like the draw. Notre Dame (3-4-0), Northeastern (3-5-3), Cornell (3-5-0) and Bemidji (0-6-0) all have losing records this year against teams in the tournament. I expect mostly Notre Dame and Cornell fans as the two closer schools to GR, with almost no risk of a sellout and probably not even close.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 07:53AM

Tom Pasniewski 98
I'll be there via some combination of cities. Grand Rapids was fun in '97 with the pep band and we were not downtown so actually seeing the city would be swell.

Notre Dame's rink is small - smaller than Harvard's - so they naturally have been selling it out. Their winter break tournament in suburban Chicago (about the same distance as it is to Grand Rapids) drew mostly Notre Dame fans with the other schools at quite a distance. There isn't much to go on for Northeastern drawing fans in the NCAA's.

I like the draw. Notre Dame (3-4-0), Northeastern (3-5-3), Cornell (3-5-0) and Bemidji (0-6-0) all have losing records this year against teams in the tournament. I expect mostly Notre Dame and Cornell fans as the two closer schools to GR, with almost no risk of a sellout and probably not even close.
Well I hope you're right, because late last night Ticketmaster shut down selling series tickets. Single session tickets on sale Wed. Here's hoping for CU ticket office.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2009 08:46AM

Jim Hyla
Well, I'm officially going. Carpooling with Blair Bacher. Getting up early Sat. AM and driving through.

When are you planning to drive back?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2009 08:47AM

nyc94
Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) is in Grand Rapids.

Tom Brokaw
Stunning news from Michigan today, as former President Gerald Ford was chopped into little bits by the propeller of a commuter plane.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: Grand Rapids ticket info
Date: March 23, 2009 10:08AM

Cornell is getting 400 tickets.

They do not have a lot of info yet about price (they think ~ $65).

However, they did take my name, credit card info etc.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 23, 2009 11:21AM

Rita

Me too. All we need now is another 398 buyers. These regionals can be a lot of fun if we get a good contingent of hardcore Faithful there. Everyone, please join us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 11:23AM by jkahn.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 23, 2009 12:03PM

jkahn
Rita

Me too. All we need now is another 398 buyers. These regionals can be a lot of fun if we get a good contingent of hardcore Faithful there. Everyone, please join us.

Actually only another 395 Faithful :-); I got tickets for 3 others that are going.

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 23, 2009 12:58PM

I'm tentatively going, and leaning toward driving from Ithaca. Just grabbed a hotel reservation for a room with two queen beds, which should allow for up to four of us if people are happy to share. Anyone need bed space?

Posted by: judy (63.240.196.---)
Date: March 23, 2009 01:00PM

Rita
jkahn
Rita

Actually only another 395 Faithful :-); I got tickets for 3 others that are going.

I would be one of those 3 so we still need to work on decreasing that number.

Me: confirmed for Grand Rapids. Just need to get my plane ticket.

Posted by: redhair34 (64.206.92.---)
Date: March 23, 2009 01:11PM

I'll be there with my dad.

Posted by: las224 (---.c3-0.80w-ubr10.nyr-80w.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 03:12PM

I may try for Ship of Fools this time. I had to leave early last Friday (had a friend coming into town and needed to pick her up from Penn Station), and also came late, resulting in a very un-Faithful appearance. However, this time I'll know to get there early to get a table and make some friends!

Posted by: audreybb (141.211.72.---)
Date: March 23, 2009 03:48PM

I'll be driving from Ann Arbor also, and I'm happy to give a ride.

Also- anyone in Grand Rapids know of a good bar where we could congregate pre/post-game?

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 23, 2009 03:56PM

I'll ask around, but I'm betting the Black Rose or Bull's Head Tavern will be good options. The bar in the J.W. Marriott will also be convenient, but might be pricey.

Posted by: redhair34 (64.206.92.---)
Date: March 23, 2009 03:59PM

mha
I'll ask around, but I'm betting the Black Rose or Bull's Head Tavern will be good options. The bar in the J.W. Marriott will also be convenient, but might be pricey.

Along those lines, I'd appreciate any restaurant/bar or time-killing recommendations from folks who are familiar with the area.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2009 04:01PM

redhair34
mha

Along those lines, I'd appreciate any restaurant/bar or time-killing recommendations from folks who are familiar with the area.

Well, the Ponderosa around the corner from the Motel 6 was great twelve years ago. demented

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2009 04:11PM

jtwcornell91
Jim Hyla

When are you planning to drive back?
Leave early Monday.

Date: March 23, 2009 05:50PM

Jim Hyla
Tom Pasniewski 98

Well I hope you're right, because late last night Ticketmaster shut down selling series tickets. Single session tickets on sale Wed. Here's hoping for CU ticket office.

Just got an e-mail from the Verizon Wireless arena in Manchester that tickets are still available even with BU and UNH plus the Sioux playing therecrazy Looks like those who want tickets in GR can have them through the Cornell ticket office. Maybe after 16 NCAA appearances and 7 Frozen Four appearances, UNH fans have realized what their name really stands for and given up hope.

Date: March 24, 2009 12:34PM

judy
Rita
jkahn
Rita

I would be one of those 3 so we still need to work on decreasing that number.

Me: confirmed for Grand Rapids. Just need to get my plane ticket.

That number has dramatically dropped to 194 or lower thanks to me, oh and the 200 tickets Cornell never asked before because they knew they couldn't sell them. According to the ticket office, sales are slow and they won't even sell the 200. I'll be at the Amway, which looks like the other hotel connected to the arena arriving Friday evening leaving Monday morning. It appears to be just a slight step up from the Motel 6 in '97.

Date: March 24, 2009 01:24PM

The number to buy from Cornell Ticket Office is 607-255-4247, between 9Am and 4PM.

And if you buy tickets from somewhere else- Cornell is based in section 109.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2009 11:12AM by audreybb.

Date: March 25, 2009 12:34PM

This is from the Northeastern University site:

The Northeastern Athletics Department has arranged for a student travel package that includes round-trip bus transportation, a two-night hotel stay (double occupancy) and one ticket for all three regional games. Buses will depart from Forsyth Street at 7 a.m. on Friday, March 27, and return depending on the outcome of Northeastern's games.
The price for all that is $175. I haven't seen much here about Cornell students going. I hope we are not outnumbered but fear we might be.

Ticket office idiocy
Posted by: ebilmes (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 25, 2009 12:36PM

I stopped by the Cornell ticket office yesterday morning to purchase tickets for the regional, and I was told that instead of buying their all-session pass for $65 I should purchase a student pass for $30. Well, fine. They gave me the number of the arena's box office manager and told me to call him.

After trying to reach him seven times, I finally got through this afternoon, and he told me that they were no longer selling student tickets. Or all-session passes. Instead, I'll have to pay for two full-price single-session passes. I understand that they're not expecting a lot of students to make the trip, but surely they could be a little more accommodating.

Re: Ticket office idiocy
Date: March 25, 2009 12:41PM

ebilmes
I stopped by the Cornell ticket office yesterday morning to purchase tickets for the regional, and I was told that instead of buying their all-session pass for $65 I should purchase a student pass for $30. Well, fine. They gave me the number of the arena's box office manager and told me to call him.

After trying to reach him seven times, I finally got through this afternoon, and he told me that they were no longer selling student tickets. Or all-session passes. Instead, I'll have to pay for two full-price single-session passes. I understand that they're not expecting a lot of students to make the trip, but surely they could be a little more accommodating.
If you're planning to stay regardless of Saturday's outcome, just buy a Saturday ticket and if we lose you can have mine for Sunday (or if we win I'm sure you can buy one from a Northeastern fan).

Posted by: mnagowski (12.19.225.---)
Date: March 25, 2009 01:05PM

This is from the Northeastern University site:

Imagine that! An Athletics department that actually cares about its students.

Posted by: audreybb (67.194.211.---)
Date: March 25, 2009 01:29PM

Founder's Brewery is half a mile from the arena...

Date: March 25, 2009 03:43PM

Their departure point is only a mile away from me. Not a bad deal but that's one long bus ride and I guess they're presuming they will get in by Friday night - not a guarantee with two border crossings. Also, sounds like you would have to spend Sunday night on the bus should things not go our way. May their bus break down, get stuck in Canada or otherwise not make it and MAY CORNELL WAKE UP AND DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS SOMEDAY. People would pay a bit extra $$ for this convenient campus to rink service. I'd have to think that NU is even taking a loss on this even with student ticket rates and double occupancy. That would also mean NU thought to buy student tickets and CU didn't.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2009 04:43PM

In which section are the Cornell seats?

Date: March 26, 2009 11:36AM

Posted by: RichH (---.att-inc.com)
Date: March 26, 2009 06:47PM

Jordan 04
An option for those considering it from NYC: round trip flights early AM Sat into Chicago, and early Mon am out of Chicago are currently $160.

Hartford to Chicago: $139 R/T which is ridiculous.

Normally I dislike Roll Call threads for all but the big games + long trips, and this is both. After much hemming/hawing, I'm in +1 (I guess that's how the kids say it). Got the lastminute flight+car deal...they even let the tickets be from 2 departure cities, which was somehow both cheaper and more flexible.

Too bad we have the early game...all my options into GRR were to arrive at 3:41 pm, which is shaving it too close. So a Blues Bros. style drive from Chicago to Grand Rapids it is, then. People doing the same need to remember that GR is an hour ahead of Chicago time.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 06:49PM by RichH.

Grand Rapids - Elynah Pre-Game
Posted by: jkahn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 26, 2009 11:34PM

ELynah pre-game:
GP Sports in the Amway Grand Hotel (adjacent to Van Andel) has 40 TV's. Sounds like a convenient spot to get together and watch No. Dak. - UNH which starts at 2.

Re: Grand Rapids - Elynah Pre-Game
Date: March 27, 2009 12:02AM

jkahn
ELynah pre-game:
GP Sports in the Amway Grand Hotel (adjacent to Van Andel) has 40 TV's. Sounds like a convenient spot to get together and watch No. Dak. - UNH which starts at 2.
Sounds good to me; now all I have to do is get there on time and still be awake from the tripdrive from Syracuse.coffeeProbably not too much of this.drunk

Schafer predicts "no atmosphere"
Posted by: ebilmes (208.105.239.---)
Date: March 27, 2009 08:23AM

Mike Schafer
I think the biggest thing, in my experience, is that the crowds are usually empty. There is no atmosphere. ... For our situation, Northeastern and Cornell, there will be nobody in the stands. You have to be prepared for that and create your own excitement.”

[cornellsun.com]

Re: Schafer predicts "no atmosphere"
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: March 27, 2009 08:36AM

ebilmes
Mike Schafer
I think the biggest thing, in my experience, is that the crowds are usually empty. There is no atmosphere. ... For our situation, Northeastern and Cornell, there will be nobody in the stands. You have to be prepared for that and create your own excitement.”
So those of us going better be ready to make a lot of noise. We can make atmosphere, as long as the band is there. Any signs anybody? Hopefully candy coming.uhoh

Date: March 27, 2009 09:22AM

How about cough drops instead? :) Must remember to go buy a large bag tonight.

Re: Will Call Window
Date: March 27, 2009 11:47AM

FYI, the "Will Call" window at Van Andel opens on Saturday at 10 am.

Get your tickets in advance, meet Jeff and others for pre-game beverages and cough drops.

Date: March 27, 2009 10:40PM

ebilmes
Mike Schafer

[cornellsun.com]

Well, maybe if the NC$$ would run a promotion like this there would be a few more bodies in the stands. **]

However, my dog Abby would not do much to contribute to the cheering unless it was a game between rabbits and squirrels. help

Date: March 27, 2009 11:15PM

I've got a bag of 80 cough drops!

Date: March 27, 2009 11:17PM

judy
I've got a bag of 80 cough drops!

+48 here **]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 28, 2009 01:55AM

Rita
Well, maybe if the NC$$ would run a promotion like this there would be a few more bodies in the stands.

There are so many ways that could go wrong. panic

Posted by: Rita (---.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 12:34AM

Trotsky
Rita
Well, maybe if the NC$$ would run a promotion like this there would be a few more bodies in the stands.

In some people's opinion, so many things have gone "wrong" in this tournament, so how could it be worse. And Abby-Bâby still would not have anything to add in a game between Big Red and Beavers. :-)

Posted by: judy (---.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 12:51AM

Rita
Trotsky
Rita

In some people's opinion, so many things have gone "wrong" in this tournament, so how could it be worse. And Abby-Bâby still would not have anything to add in a game between Big Red and Beavers. :-)

Does she like to chase small animals? How about small animals like beavers. Think she might want to take a bite out of them first before we get to them?

Posted by: jkahn (---.pools.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 29, 2009 09:49AM

Anyone awake for breakfast? PM or just post here with details.

Edit at 11:35 - nevermind, Jim H. and I just had breakfast at Big Boy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 11:35AM by jkahn.

Date: March 29, 2009 01:19PM

Ottawa Tavern. 5ish to pregame and catch the BU/UNH game- 5:30 start
Corner of Ottawa and Pearl.
I called ahead to make sure it's not a problem. They're expecting us between 5 and 5:30. The lady did take my name down.
Open to all ages until 9pm.

Menu: [www.allmenus.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 01:53PM by judy.

Date: March 30, 2009 03:12PM

Kristi, Tyner, Abby and I made it back safely to Lafayette. It was great seeing people I met at Denver & previous Cornell games and meeting new members of the Lynah Faithful (and friends).

I hope everyone else (in particular Jacob '06 and Tonya!!!) got home safely.

It was a great weekend of hockey and although the Big Red came up a bit short and without that ticket to DC, they skated hard and played well. I was so impressed with Blake Gallagher's grittiness (which I think tops Chris Abbott in '06) and Evan Barlow's heart these past few weekends.

Date: March 30, 2009 03:54PM

Home and in one piece. My throat hurts a lot though and I'm really hoping that it was from the cheering and because I somehow came down with a cold.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 30, 2009 05:44PM

judy
Home and in one piece. My throat hurts a lot though and I'm really hoping that it was from the cheering and because I somehow came down with a cold.

It's from cheering. You should watch the crowd cutaway after the Ross goal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login