Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Other Conference Tourneys 3/19/08

Posted by Rita 
Other Conference Tourneys 3/19/08
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 09:58PM

14 minutes left in the 3rd

Duluth 2 v. Minnesota 1.

I tuned in just after the 3rd period started and I thought I heard that goofer goalie Kangas (sp) got pulled and isn't even on the bench. I'm not sure if it was due to play or sickness.

Re: Other Conference Tourneys 3/19/08
Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:25PM

They don't seem to play defense in the WCHA, do they?

Date: March 19, 2009 10:26PM

Final!

UMD 2 v. Minnesota 1.

Date: March 19, 2009 10:27PM

Awww... the Gophers lose. "Oh boy," says the Beav.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:32PM

Rita

Duluth 2 v. Minnesota 1.

I tuned in just after the 3rd period started and I thought I heard that goofer goalie Kangas (sp) got pulled and isn't even on the bench. I'm not sure if it was due to play or sickness.

Kangas left after the first period with the flu. Near the end of the game, Gopher's backup goalie made several consecutive saves and color guy Doug Woog shouted "Kenny Dryden he is!"
UMD goalie Alex Stalock played a great game.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 10:34PM by jkahn.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 10:41PM

jkahn
Rita

Duluth 2 v. Minnesota 1.

Kangas left after the first period with the flu. Near the end of the game, Gopher's backup goalie made several consecutive saves and color guy Doug Woog shouted "Kenny Dryden he is!"
UMD goalie Alex Stalock played a great game.

BTW, the topic of Brodeur's record came up on PTI the other day with the question "greatest ever?" and both Kornheiser and Wilbon agreed that the right answer was Dryden.

Also, UMD winning over UMTC. Is that good for Cornell? I don't even know anymore.

Date: March 19, 2009 10:41PM

Yeah, the UMD goalie did indeed stand on his head, especially during the Gopher pp midway through the third. There were several times when I thought the gophers were going to tie it up.

UMD finally picked it up a bit at the end of the third period started to get the puck into Minnesota's zone. For a good stretch there, the bulldogs couldn't get it over the center ice line.

The Gopher announcers seem to think Cornell (and all teams in the top 10 PWR) is guaranteed a berth. We shall see.

Date: March 19, 2009 11:38PM

RichH
Also, UMD winning over UMTC. Is that good for Cornell? I don't even know anymore.

Over in the YATC thread, I came up with a scenario under which we end up as a #1 seed. It seems that an upset special in the WCHA is good for us.

Since we can't turn the comparisons with Screw U, God's Team, and the Bluesers, wins by them in their conference tournaments seem the best policy. For some reason, a Northeastern loss also helps us.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 19, 2009 11:42PM

It's always a good thing when Minnesota loses, regardless of the PWR consequences.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2009 12:00AM

Scersk '97
RichH

Over in the YATC thread, I came up with a scenario under which we end up as a #1 seed. It seems that an upset special in the WCHA is good for us.

Since we can't turn the comparisons with Screw U, God's Team, and the Bluesers, wins by them in their conference tournaments seem the best policy. For some reason, a Northeastern loss also helps us.
Aside from us winning, it seems that upsets tomorrow are the key. UML, Wisc, and UMD beating NU, Den, and NDak, will get us fourth. It doesn't look like CCHA matters, since Mich and NDam are in no matter, and the lower CCHA teams can't beat us. But if UML, NDak, or Denver wins tonight they jump ahead of us and we can't get a 1.

Date: March 20, 2009 01:30AM

Jim Hyla
Scersk '97
RichH

Aside from us winning, it seems that upsets tomorrow are the key. UML, Wisc, and UMD beating NU, Den, and NDak, will get us fourth. It doesn't look like CCHA matters, since Mich and NDam are in no matter, and the lower CCHA teams can't beat us. But if UML, NDak, or Denver wins tonight they jump ahead of us and we can't get a 1.

I think you mean Northeastern in that final sentence.

But, honestly, you really should try some scenarios before you make the optimal situation sound so easily achievable. I have yet to find a scenario that gets us the 4th #1 without an unlikely tie between Denver and NoDak in the WCHA consolation.

EDIT: Playing around a bit more, I also discovered that RIT winning (and, therefore, staying in the top 25 RPI) is (smacking head) pretty important for our fortunes.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2009 01:57AM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2009 02:23AM

Scersk '97
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97
RichH

But, honestly, you really should try some scenarios before you make the optimal situation sound so easily achievable. I have yet to find a scenario that gets us the 4th #1 without an unlikely tie between Denver and NoDak in the WCHA consolation.

EDIT: Playing around a bit more, I also discovered that RIT winning (and, therefore, staying in the top 25 RPI) is (smacking head) pretty important for our fortunes.
Well, seriously what did you think I did? I was able to get it right after the WCHA game ended, now I can't get it even with the tie. I don't know why unless something was wrong with the playin result and they changed it. Now I can't find any way to a first seed. Also I never said it was easy, just possible as you had stated. Yes, I meant NU.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 20, 2009 04:46PM

KeithK
It's always a good thing when Minnesota loses, regardless of the PWR consequences.

jtwcornell91 likes this

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 20, 2009 05:27PM

Jim Hyla
Scersk '97
Jim Hyla
Scersk '97
RichH

Well, seriously what did you think I did? I was able to get it right after the WCHA game ended, now I can't get it even with the tie. I don't know why unless something was wrong with the playin result and they changed it. Now I can't find any way to a first seed. Also I never said it was easy, just possible as you had stated. Yes, I meant NU.

All I was indicating was that your short list of results that would end up with us in 4th was too short. That's all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login