Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC Awards

Posted by pfibiger 
ECAC Awards
Posted by: pfibiger (---.198.175.24.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2009 10:39AM

Tyler Mugford - Top Defensive Forward
Riley Nash - First Team All-ECAC
Ben Scrivens, Brendon Nash, Colin Greening - Second Team All-ECAC
Keir Ross - All-Rookie Team

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Re: ECAC Awards
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2009 03:02PM

pfibiger
Riley Nash - First Team All-ECAC
Ben Scrivens, Brendon Nash, Colin Greening - Second Team All-ECAC

[www.collegehockeynews.com]
Can't disagree. Riley Nash-Honorable Mention Ivy? Yeah I know they are different leagues, but even other newspaper articles have questioned that. But again who really cares about Ivy hockey.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2009 03:30PM

Greening was 5-7-12, Nash was 3-5-8 in Ivy competition. Doesn't seem that hard to figure out.

Posted by: Trotsky (199.46.196.---)
Date: March 17, 2009 07:01PM

pfibiger

Really glad to see both of these. Tyler getting the recognition is outstanding. For Ross, I'm just glad to see we're not completely crazy in thinking he'll be a strong cornerstone of the D in '11 and '12.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2009 08:04PM

CowbellGuy
Greening was 5-7-12, Nash was 3-5-8 in Ivy competition. Doesn't seem that hard to figure out.
But then there were 3 other players with Ivy stats better than Nash who got nothing. Nash's stats were equal to Vokes and Wilson. But who knows how they pick them, maybe couldn't pick any more Yale forwards so had to pick Nash. Anyway I still feel no one will care about this after the year is done. Much like Harkness told Dryden when told Princeton wanted him as they were going for Ivy title, we're going for national title. Get what's important and forget the rest.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2009 08:17PM

Trotsky
pfibiger

Really glad to see both of these. Tyler getting the recognition is outstanding.

Agree...it's a very nice feather in his cap, and also great to see the league recognizing just how important Mugford is to this team.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 17, 2009 11:23PM

Jim Hyla
CowbellGuy
But then there were 3 other players with Ivy stats better than Nash who got nothing. Nash's stats were equal to Vokes and Wilson. But who knows how they pick them, maybe couldn't pick any more Yale forwards so had to pick Nash.
These awards are not supposed to be simple stat counters (top 3 point getters get first team, etc.) so the fact that others had more points than Nash shouldn't necessarily matter. Obviously voters (the coaches I assume) do use points as a proxy to some degree but it's just not the whole story.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 17, 2009 11:50PM

Jim Hyla
CowbellGuy
But then there were 3 other players with Ivy stats better than Nash who got nothing. Nash's stats were equal to Vokes and Wilson. But who knows how they pick them, maybe couldn't pick any more Yale forwards so had to pick Nash. Anyway I still feel no one will care about this after the year is done. Much like Harkness told Dryden when told Princeton wanted him as they were going for Ivy title, we're going for national title. Get what's important and forget the rest.

I heard he told Dryden, "We're going for the only unbeaten, untied NCAA championship team in history." Good thing he did, 'cause Dryden made the coach look like a prophet! woot

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 18, 2009 12:10AM

Swampy
I heard he told Dryden, "We're going for the only unbeaten, untied NCAA championship team in history." Good thing he did, 'cause Dryden made the coach look like a prophet! woot

bang

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Germ (---.35-65.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 12:25AM

Swampy
Jim Hyla
CowbellGuy

Was Dryden actually on the undefeated untied team? I thought he was on the other national championship team.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 18, 2009 12:30AM

Germ
Swampy

Was Dryden actually on the undefeated untied team? I thought he was on the other national championship team.

He was. Brian Cropper was the goalie in 1969-70.

Hence, bang

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 01:17AM

Beeeej
He was. Brian Cropper was the goalie in 1969-70.

Hence, bang

I kinda read that as more sarcasm, but maybe that was just me.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2009 08:36AM

KeithK
Jim Hyla
CowbellGuy
But then there were 3 other players with Ivy stats better than Nash who got nothing. Nash's stats were equal to Vokes and Wilson. But who knows how they pick them, maybe couldn't pick any more Yale forwards so had to pick Nash.
These awards are not supposed to be simple stat counters (top 3 point getters get first team, etc.) so the fact that others had more points than Nash shouldn't necessarily matter. Obviously voters (the coaches I assume) do use points as a proxy to some degree but it's just not the whole story.
That was my point to Age. I only pointed out the stats to show it wasn't just based on stats, as he suggested. I guess the point being that if he was so good in the ECAC, but not in the Ivy, he must have looked spectacular in the non-Ivy ECAC games. Or maybe the Ivy selections are meaningless.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2009 08:35PM

Beeeej
Swampy

bang
I assumed Swampy was kidding.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login