Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Other ECAC 2-27-09

Posted by marty 
Other ECAC 2-27-09
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2009 11:17PM

Clarkson beat RIP 4-2 but not without a rally from 4-0 by the Engineers. Apparently the rally bothered the Clarkson band. Listen to what happened with 41 seconds remaining in the third period. How surprising that these well behaved CCT folks seem to lose their composure.rolleyes

Game clip

Re: Other ECAC 2-27-09
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2009 11:30PM

Well at least RPI looked really sharp in those pink and black jerseys with the matching pants and helmets.

My eyes still hurt from watching that clip, but from Clarkson's day-glo yellow jerseys. ;-)

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2009 11:53PM

I couldn't make out much of anything on that clip. Care to enlighten those of us with sub-canine hearing ability?

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2009 11:55PM

andyw2100
I couldn't make out much of anything on that clip. Care to enlighten those of us with sub-canine hearing ability?

They were beating drums.

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 12:17AM

Chris '03
andyw2100

They were beating drums.

If that's the case, Clarkson is allowed to do that at Cheel. It's their Disco Tech cheer.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2009 07:09AM

marty
Clarkson beat RIP 4-2 but not without a rally from 4-0 by the Engineers. Apparently the rally bothered the Clarkson band. Listen to what happened with 41 seconds remaining in the third period. How surprising that these well behaved CCT folks seem to lose their composure.rolleyes

Game clip
I rest my case, no ranting needed.

Date: February 28, 2009 07:13AM

Flyers1037
Chris '03
andyw2100

They were beating drums.

If that's the case, Clarkson is allowed to do that at Cheel. It's their Disco Tech cheer.

The game was in Troy.

Posted by: Rich S (---.wayneschools.com)
Date: February 28, 2009 10:11AM

Give it a rest, Jim. rolleyes

Date: February 28, 2009 10:12AM

You should know by now that's "gold" as in "Golden Knights." :-}

Date: February 28, 2009 10:58AM

Rich S

Another brilliant post Rich. Jim is one of the few who stick up for you here. Here's a clue.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.albyny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 12:23PM

marty
Rich S

Another brilliant post Rich. Jim is one of the few who stick up for you here. Here's a clue.

Rich isn't the only one who thinks Jim needs to give it a rest.

frankly, it doesn't help the Ivy League's reputation as snooty, spoiled, and self centered to hear someone complain because it isn't done the "Cornell" way that it is obviously the wrong way.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2009 01:21PM

No matter that "the Cornell way" is what the rulebook says?

Date: February 28, 2009 01:28PM

Dpperk29
marty
Rich S

frankly, it doesn't help the Ivy League's reputation as snooty, spoiled, and self centered to hear someone complain because it isn't done the "Cornell" way that it is obviously the wrong way.

It has nothing to do with the Cornell way. The use of artificial noisemakers during play is prohibited not by Cornell but by the NCAA. Jim would have reason to be upset with the Cornell band too if they beat drums in the middle of play.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2009 01:38PM

Chris '03
It has nothing to do with the Cornell way. The use of artificial noisemakers during play is prohibited not by Cornell but by the NCAA. Jim would have reason to be upset with the Cornell band too if they beat drums in the middle of play.

The Cornell horns kept playing "Rock'n'Roll Part 2" after the puck was dropped for the third period last night at Yale. Playing quietly, but playing.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 28, 2009 02:17PM

Beeeej
Chris '03

The Cornell horns kept playing "Rock'n'Roll Part 2" after the puck was dropped for the third period last night at Yale. Playing quietly, but playing.

And that annoyed a bunch of us old fartstimers. :P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: February 28, 2009 02:25PM

Chris '03
Dpperk29
marty
Rich S

And Jim would be upset.
Beeeej
And they shouldn't. We can certainly keep that going by ourselves. That's the beauty of it, the fact that the fans keep up a cheer by themselves. You have no idea how impressed other fans are when they see what happens. (Well yes you probably do have an idea.)

One of my retired partner's daughter, both are CU grads, brought her fiance up from Philly to see a game. He loves hockey and had the usual jaw dropping reaction to the crowd.

So band, do it by the rule book, we can handle the rest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2009 02:28PM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 02:33PM

Can we at least keep the complaining about how Clarkson does things to when we do it against you guys?

Date: February 28, 2009 03:04PM

daredevilcu
Can we at least keep the complaining about how Clarkson does things to when we do it against you guys?
Why?:-)

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 05:30PM

marty
Flyers1037
Chris '03
andyw2100

They were beating drums.

The game was in Troy.

Yes, I am aware. But I don't think the Clarkson band knows any better. drunk

They might have also been inebriated, but that is just a personal observation.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 05:41PM

Flyers1037

And god forbid today's college students have a drink or break the rules in any way. They're the ones who are going to be paying (metaphorically) through their noses for the foreseeable future due to the collective financial sins of their forebears.

I say, enjoy it while you can, kids.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2009 06:58PM

Thanks, everyone, for all of the score updates from last night's action.

To my surprise, the only thing that happened in the ECAC, ouside of Cornell-Yale, was the Clarkson band played their drums during play.

Date: February 28, 2009 09:42PM

ugarte

To my surprise, the only thing that happened in the ECAC, ouside of Cornell-Yale, was the Clarkson band played their drums during play.

At least now we know what really matters to you guys, forget what happens to help or hurt Cornell's seed, F that Clarkson band. deadhorse

Date: February 28, 2009 09:43PM

Scersk '97
Flyers1037

And god forbid today's college students have a drink or break the rules in any way. They're the ones who are going to be paying (metaphorically) through their noses for the foreseeable future due to the collective financial sins of their forebears.

I say, enjoy it while you can, kids.

Amen to that.

Date: February 28, 2009 10:31PM

daredevilcu
ugarte

At least now we know what really matters to you guys, forget what happens to help or hurt Cornell's seed, F that Clarkson band. deadhorse
Is it really dead? Or is it red?bugeye

Date: March 01, 2009 04:36AM

Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

At this point, Jim, I think it's been exhumed at least seven times now for added beatings. If all the red (and white, green, and gold) hasn't already been beaten out of it, I'd be shocked.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 01, 2009 07:51PM

Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

is it red? or carnellian? lol...

Date: March 01, 2009 08:16PM

Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

Better carnellian than dead doesn't quite make itpop, but I appreciate the lighthearted comment.:-)

Date: March 02, 2009 05:27AM

Jim Hyla
Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

Better carnellian than dead doesn't quite make itpop, but I appreciate the lighthearted comment.:-)

Thanks Jim. It was right up there with elynah folks referring to Clarkson's "gold" as "yellow." :-}

Date: March 02, 2009 05:30AM

Marty, you're the master of brilliance. I eagerly await your frequent inane trashing of RPI and Union.

And what is your point in your post above?

Date: March 02, 2009 05:52AM

Rich S
Marty, you're the master of brilliance. I eagerly await your frequent inane trashing of RPI and Union.

And what is your point in your post above?

I'm not surprised that you don't understand the post.

Date: March 02, 2009 06:07AM

I didn't say I didn't understand it.

Let me rephrase it. Your comment was pointless.

Now go back to sleep. Schools are closed here so Im doing just that. Perhaps your mind could use some extra rest, eh?

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2009 09:46AM

Rich S
Jim Hyla
Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

Thanks Jim. It was right up there with elynah folks referring to Clarkson's "gold" as "yellow." :-}

Hey, it's not our fault the uni manufacturers used the wrong dye. :)

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 02, 2009 10:57AM

Rich S

Gold:

Yellow:

and of course, ;-)

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 02, 2009 11:09AM

RichH
Yellow:
What does Colorado College call their colors?

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.181.---)
Date: March 02, 2009 12:07PM

RichH
Rich S

Gold:

Yellow:

and of course, ;-)

the first one is better described as metallic gold (yes I know this is oxymoronic because the actual substance gold is a metal), where as the second is just gold.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 02, 2009 12:20PM

Dpperk29
RichH
Rich S

Gold:

Yellow:

and of course, ;-)

the first one is better described as metallic gold (yes I know this is oxymoronic because the actual substance gold is a metal), where as the second is just gold.

Not really oxymoronic (or even moronic ;-) ), but redundant. And again, I say: ;-) ;-) For all I care, Michigan can call their yellow "corn," which they do.

Date: March 03, 2009 10:36AM

Beeeej
Rich S
Jim Hyla
Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

The maker of the jerseys didn't use the wrong color. The colors can be found in a Pantone color chart.

Date: March 03, 2009 12:11PM

Rich S
Beeeej
Rich S
Jim Hyla
Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

The maker of the jerseys didn't use the wrong color. The colors can be found in a Pantone color chart in between the colors urine and vomit.

FYP.

Date: March 03, 2009 03:48PM

Chris '03
Rich S
Beeeej
Rich S
Jim Hyla
Rich S
Jim Hyla
daredevilcu
ugarte

The maker of the jerseys didn't use the wrong color. The colors can be found in a Pantone color chart in between the colors urine and vomit.

FYP.

Ha hah...it's sad that the only colors you can appreciate are white and red...or is that "carnellian"? laugh

Many teams wear colors that are not red and white and or are a variety of gold in case you hadn't noticed. :-D
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 03:52PM by Rich S.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.220.---)
Date: March 03, 2009 04:03PM

Rich S
Ha hah...it's sad that the only colors you can appreciate are white and red...or is that "carnellian"? laugh

So sad yet so very true... :-P

Posted by: Trotsky (199.46.196.---)
Date: March 03, 2009 04:51PM

And 100% top of their graduating class...

Date: March 03, 2009 05:09PM

Dpperk29
Rich S

I think we appreciate all the colors in the box.

Date: March 03, 2009 05:11PM

Wow, that's really pretty entertaining, thanks for digging that up.

Posted by: RichH (---.com)
Date: March 03, 2009 07:59PM

Trotsky

And on January 8, 2009, hip-hop drew its last breath.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2009 11:01PM by RichH.

Date: March 03, 2009 08:08PM

RichH
Trotsky

And on January 8, 2009, hip-hop drew it's last breath.
Hey, I thought it was pretty good.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 03, 2009 08:26PM

Jim Hyla
RichH
Trotsky

....and he didn't do it during play nut

Date: March 03, 2009 11:38PM

Jim Hyla
RichH
Trotsky

That is NOT contrary evidence. Sorry.

Date: March 04, 2009 08:15AM

RichH
Trotsky

I liked the Subway reference. ;-)

Posted by: RichH (---.com)
Date: March 04, 2009 08:41AM

jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

Your comment only serves to strengthen my statement.

Date: March 04, 2009 10:47AM

RichH
jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

To clarify, I liked the irony of the Subway reference in the context of a school that shares Subway's colors.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 04, 2009 06:41PM

jtwcornell91
RichH
jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

To clarify, I liked the irony of the Subway reference in the context of a school that shares Subway's colors.
Clarkson IS the official second-tier tech school of Subway Sandwich Shops.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.220.---)
Date: March 04, 2009 09:17PM

Josh '99
jtwcornell91
RichH
jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

I'd rather have a quiznos...

Date: March 05, 2009 03:23PM

marty
Dpperk29
Rich S

I think we appreciate all the colors in the box.

I think you should try thinking outside "the box."

Date: March 05, 2009 03:26PM

Josh '99
jtwcornell91
RichH
jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

"Third rate Tech school" according to Al.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2009 09:45AM

Rich S
Josh '99
jtwcornell91
RichH
jtwcornell91
RichH
Trotsky

"Third rate Tech school" according to Al.
He says what he says, and I say what I say. :-}

Re: Third rate...lol
Posted by: Rich S (130.156.38.---)
Date: March 13, 2009 08:47PM

you can look at the archives I suppose, or simply take my word for it.

His "third-rate" comment is so ridiculous that I'm still laughing over it.

Date: March 14, 2009 09:04AM

Rich S
And bringing it up.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2009 10:47AM

ugarte
Rich S
And bringing it up.

And obsessing over it. Even though my understand is he never actually said that.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2009 11:17AM

Rich S
you can look at the archives I suppose, or simply take my word for it.

I don't care what Al said, Rich. What I said was my own opinion and I don't see you disputing it.

Date: March 14, 2009 11:28AM

Josh,

If you're referring to your comment re: Clarkson being a second rate tier school connected to Subway, that deserves no comment other than it's laughable.

Maybe you should seek an opinion from the Subway spokesperson. :-D

Date: March 14, 2009 11:30AM

The refernence was brought up elsewhere earlier in this thread by someone else.

Date: March 14, 2009 11:33AM

DeltaOne81
ugarte
Rich S
And bringing it up.

And obsessing over it. Even though my understand is he never actually said that.

"Obsessing?" Hardly. only commenting when it was brought up in jest earlier.

Your understanding is incorrect. He said, in part that he had worked for the biggest tech firm there was and that they didn't care a damn about Clarkson as it's a third rate tech school.

That's not word for word exactly but very very close.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.dhcp.sffl.va.charter.com)
Date: March 14, 2009 12:59PM

Rich S
DeltaOne81
ugarte
Rich S
And bringing it up.

"Obsessing?" Hardly. only commenting when it was brought up in jest earlier.

Your understanding is incorrect. He said, in part that he had worked for the biggest tech firm there was and that they didn't care a damn about Clarkson as it's a third rate tech school.

That's not word for word exactly but very very close.

How many days or weeks ago was that? Let it go, Rich. Let it go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login