Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

North Country Roll Call

Posted by Jim Hyla 
North Country Roll Call
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2009 08:38PM

OK, who is going? I'm all alone (well, I'll have candy), but will be there.

Re: North Country Roll Call
Posted by: daredevilcu (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 25, 2009 10:12PM

I'll be there in the band. Clarkson's though :P

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2009 10:38PM

See you there.

Posted by: lynah80 (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: January 25, 2009 11:41PM

daredevilcu

Bring some Kleenex.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 26, 2009 07:53AM

To mop up the Cornell section?

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.220.---)
Date: January 26, 2009 12:29PM

I'll be there saturday night, wearing a gold Clarkson Jersey.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 26, 2009 01:13PM

daredevilcu
But will you be at the St. Lawrence game?

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: January 26, 2009 02:39PM

Dpperk29
Well, that should be easy to pick out amongst all those other yellow ones. :)

Date: January 26, 2009 02:49PM

Robb
Dpperk29
Well, that should be easy to pick out amongst all those other yellow ones. :)

The Green Shoulders and the number 77 on the back, the sleeves, and the right shoulder should help too...

Posted by: Joe09JD (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2009 04:08PM

I'll be there with a friend. Any suggestion on bars in Canton and Potsdam for pre-game dinner or a drink?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 26, 2009 04:18PM

Joe09JD
I'll be there with a friend. Any suggestion on bars in Canton and Potsdam for pre-game dinner or a drink?
There used to be a fern bar with a sort of art deco frontage right off the main square in Potsdam that was decent. Granted, it's been about 12 years since I've been there.

There is nothing... nothing at all... in Canton except for a mob-run restaurant that advertises in both teams' programs. Don't sit with your back to the window.

Eschew Pizza Hut.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 04:19PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 26, 2009 05:05PM

Joe09JD
The Blackbird Cafe in Canton seems to have decent beer and wine lists.

Posted by: Saints#1 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2009 07:20PM

Well for eats there is always McCarthy's restaurant in Canton, good food (a little pricey). Eben's Hearth accross from the first main entrance to Cheel in Potsdam on Route 11. That is one of my favorite places to eat, love the Samuel Partridge burger yummmmm.....Also, for bars in each town, there is the Hoot Owl in Canton. It is located behind the railroad tracks on the same street as st. lawrence university is on. Always a good time, nice little bar. There is the Dave's II right on main street in Canton next to the Chinese place, small bar but nice. In potsdam there is the Ton's sports bar. Love this place, but a little more on the rowdy side (my favorite crazy). If you need any more info just ask.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 27, 2009 08:00PM

Saints#1
Eben's Hearth accross from the first main entrance to Cheel in Potsdam on Route 11.

What he/she said

Date: January 27, 2009 08:53PM

redhair34
Saints#1
Eben's Hearth accross from the first main entrance to Cheel in Potsdam on Route 11.

What he/she said

Get to Eben's early, service is notoriously slow

Date: January 27, 2009 09:09PM

He ;)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2009 09:17PM

Saints#1
Well for eats there is always McCarthy's restaurant in Canton, good food (a little pricey). Eben's Hearth accross from the first main entrance to Cheel in Potsdam on Route 11. That is one of my favorite places to eat, love the Samuel Partridge burger yummmmm.....Also, for bars in each town, there is the Hoot Owl in Canton. It is located behind the railroad tracks on the same street as st. lawrence university is on. Always a good time, nice little bar. There is the Dave's II right on main street in Canton next to the Chinese place, small bar but nice. In potsdam there is the Ton's sports bar. Love this place, but a little more on the rowdy side (my favorite crazy). If you need any more info just ask.
Saints#1, maybe you can help me out with something. RichH and I were trying to figure out the name of a place we went to after a game back in 2002. This place was a bar (not sure if it was also a restaurant) that was in a building that was something along the lines of a big old house or similar building that had been remodeled. It wasn't far off Main Street in the middle of town. We were guessing maybe it was the St. Lawrence Inn that closed a few years back, but haven't been able to make much headway confirming this because when you put "St. Lawrence Inn" into Google the results are for a hotel of that name in Morrisburg, Ontario. Any idea whether we might be right, or if not, what the name of the place is that we're thinking of?

Date: January 27, 2009 10:46PM

Josh '99
Saints#1
Saints#1, maybe you can help me out with something. RichH and I were trying to figure out the name of a place we went to after a game back in 2002. This place was a bar (not sure if it was also a restaurant) that was in a building that was something along the lines of a big old house or similar building that had been remodeled. It wasn't far off Main Street in the middle of town. We were guessing maybe it was the St. Lawrence Inn that closed a few years back, but haven't been able to make much headway confirming this because when you put "St. Lawrence Inn" into Google the results are for a hotel of that name in Morrisburg, Ontario. Any idea whether we might be right, or if not, what the name of the place is that we're thinking of?

I believe that is the old St. Lawrence Inn you are referring to....Since then the building has been torn down and expanded into the drive thru for the neighboring north country savings bank....The other place that you could possibly be referring to in Canton might possibly be the Glass Onion....The Glass Onion was actually an old house, that was turned into a restaurant/bar and opened in the year 2002, since then the Glass Onion has also been closed down and is currently being sold to new owners....Either one of those two are what you are referring to....Did you guys remember if the post game gathering for the hockey game was located there??? If so then that was the St. Lawrence Inn.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2009 01:32AM

Saints#1
Josh '99
Saints#1

I believe that is the old St. Lawrence Inn you are referring to....Since then the building has been torn down and expanded into the drive thru for the neighboring north country savings bank....The other place that you could possibly be referring to in Canton might possibly be the Glass Onion....The Glass Onion was actually an old house, that was turned into a restaurant/bar and opened in the year 2002, since then the Glass Onion has also been closed down and is currently being sold to new owners....Either one of those two are what you are referring to....Did you guys remember if the post game gathering for the hockey game was located there??? If so then that was the St. Lawrence Inn.

The Glass Onion rings a bell. It was definitely a rustic old house with wood floors and such. I remember it looking like it was a place for dinner earlier in the evening, but morphed into a crowded bar with music late at night. No real recollection if there was a post game gathering, other than it was post-game, and there were people gathered there. I just thought that it was Saturday night and people like to go out on that night. We were also wearing our CU stuff and celebrating our first NC sweep in 15+ years that night. It was a good mix of people and everyone was pretty nice to us.

Posted by: Saints#1 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2009 10:57AM

RichH
Saints#1
Josh '99
Saints#1

The Glass Onion rings a bell. It was definitely a rustic old house with wood floors and such. I remember it looking like it was a place for dinner earlier in the evening, but morphed into a crowded bar with music late at night. No real recollection if there was a post game gathering, other than it was post-game, and there were people gathered there. I just thought that it was Saturday night and people like to go out on that night. We were also wearing our CU stuff and celebrating our first NC sweep in 15+ years that night. It was a good mix of people and everyone was pretty nice to us.

That sounds more like the Glass Onion now that you put it that way....That was a nice place and unfortunately has been closed down since....I actually currently work right next door to that building and have heard that it has been sold to new owners who are working towards re-opening the restaurant.

Posted by: polar (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2009 09:56PM

Manning the St. Lawrence Treehouse for the second year in a row.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2009 09:57PM

polar
Manning the St. Lawrence Treehouse for the second year in a row.

I prefer to think of it more as a pirate ship.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 29, 2009 12:28PM

Eben's Hearth is a good choice, Food is good I recall having a very good steak (or was it prime rib?) there a few years ago. One or the other may still be their Saturday night special. And you can't beat the location for proximity to Cheel.

Their bar is small but friendly and it's a small place overall so as mentioned, get there early.

If you venture to downtown Potsdam, the old standby is Sergi's, a decades old family Italian restaurant that is a solid choice. I haven't eaten in any of the other downtown eateries for dinner in quite a few years.

If you go, enjoy! I'm sure the North Country can use the "economic stimulus."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login