Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

2010 Frozen Four in Detroit- Change in application date

Posted by Rita 
2010 Frozen Four in Detroit- Change in application date
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: January 23, 2009 02:27PM

FYI.

Doesn't the NC$$ realize that we are in a recession and that people may not have $190 + to "lend" to them for 13 months? (I still assume they will charge your credit card when you submit your ticket application). cuss

Besides, it is at Ford Field, and seating will not be limiting. Auugggh.
[[size=x-small]b]$$[/b] are changes made by me.[/size]
======
January 23, 2009

TO: NC$$ Men’s Frozen Four Priority Ticket Applicants.

FROM: NC$$ Division I Men’s Ice Hockey Championship Staff.

SUBJECT: Online Ticket Application Process for the 2010 NC$$ Men’s Frozen Four.

This is to inform you that the timeline for the online ticket application for the 2010 NC$$ Men’s Frozen Four at Ford Field in Detroit has changed. Due to the unique and historic nature of conducting the championship at Ford Field, the ticket application window has been adjusted and will now be conducted earlier than prior ticket application processes. Please note that this change in the timeline is for the 2010 NC$$ Men’s Frozen Four only.

THE ONLINE TICKET APPLICATION FOR THE 2010 NC$$ MEN’S FROZEN FOUR AT FORD FIELD IN DETROIT WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE OFFICIAL NCAA WEB SITE, WWW.NCAA.COM, BEGINNING AT 12 A.M. EASTERN TIME, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2009. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 P.M. EASTERN TIME, FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2009. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THAT DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

In addition to the timeline change, please note that tickets will be offered at two different price points. All-session tickets will be available at either $189 or $119 depending on seat location. Applicants may also purchase up to eight tickets per household.

Please note that due to the number of seats available for the event, all ticket applications submitted through the online ticket application process will likely be fulfilled. In order to ensure that your priority number is applied to your application and that you receive priority credit for attending the event, you must use your Customer ID Number when you apply. If you are unsure of your Customer ID Number, please contact customer service at 800/801-9268. Please do NOT contact the NC$$ national office.

The allocation of tickets will occur in March 2009. All applicants will receive confirmation of their status in April 2009. Tickets will be mailed in March 2010.

Again, the online ticket application for the 2010 NC$$ Men’s Frozen Four at Ford Field in Detroit will be available on the official NC$$ Web site, www.NC$$.com, beginning at 12 a.m. Eastern time, Sunday, February 1, 2009. All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern time, Friday, March 13, 2009. Applications received after that date will not be accepted.

Thank you for your continued support of NC$$ Division I men’s ice hockey and we hope to see you as part of the record-setting crowd in Detroit on April 8 and 10, 2010.
This email and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return email, delete this message and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Re: 2010 Frozen Four in Detroit- Change in application date
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 02:55PM

In order to ensure that your priority number is applied to your application and that you receive priority credit for attending the event, you must use your Customer ID Number when you apply.

This is completely contrary to what we've been told for the past few years about this event.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:07PM

RichH

In order to ensure that your priority number is applied to your application and that you receive priority credit for attending the event, you must use your Customer ID Number when you apply.

This is completely contrary to what we've been told for the past few years about this event.

I thought if you were in system (i.e. had gotten tickets for a previous FF), you would get priority credit for Detroit. However, if Detroit is your 1st FF, you don't receive any "priority" credit (or number).

However, I could (and likely may) be way off base.

I wonder if President Obama has tried to get tickets for NC$$ basketball's Final Four? I tend to doubt it, otherwise this scheme of charging people for tickets before they are even guaranteed of getting them would be on his agenda and not fixing the BCS.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:40PM

Rita
RichH

I thought if you were in system (i.e. had gotten tickets for a previous FF), you would get priority credit for Detroit. However, if Detroit is your 1st FF, you don't receive any "priority" credit (or number).

Rita is correct. The NCAA's letter confirming that we would get tickets for this year's Frozen Four in DC specifically said that we would get credit for Detroit if we already had a priority number from attending previous Frozen Fours, but that nobody would get credit who was attending for the first time, had only just applied for the first time, or even had applied previously but only just gotten tickets for the first time.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:44PM

Beeeej
Rita
RichH

Rita is correct. The NCAA's letter confirming that we would get tickets for this year's Frozen Four in DC specifically said that we would get credit for Detroit if we already had a priority number from attending previous Frozen Fours, but that nobody would get credit who was attending for the first time, had only just applied for the first time, or even had applied previously but only just gotten tickets for the first time.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Now can I rant about how stupid it is to hold the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in a gimmicky location such as a football field?? I can't imagine the sight-lines, amenities, or atmosphere will compare to a place that was specifically designed for hockey.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 06:24PM

RichH
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

Now can I rant about how stupid it is to hold the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP in a gimmicky location such as a football field?? I can't imagine the sight-lines, amenities, or atmosphere will compare to a place that was specifically designed for hockey.

That's it, Rich. The NCAA and I are tired of your whining and defeatist attitude. What better way is there to showcase college hockey than by holding an event at which any person can find seating in any section just by walking up and asking for a ticket? How else are we going to "grow" the game? You and your cronies just want to keep hockey to yourselves: don't you want hockey to experience the same kind of success as March Madness?

And what do you have against Detroit, the greatest city on the face of this planet? Detroit, that vibrant metropolis, has been kind enough to open its arms and embrace the college hockey community, and you reject it. For shame, Rich, for shame!

Just think of the children who will get their first glimpse of the college game from high in the rafters of Ford Field! Please, think of the children!

The Ford Field Frozen Four (4F) will be the greatest event in the history--in the history of college sport, I tell you. Jump on the bandwagon or fall behind, my friend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login