Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 3 RPI 0

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cornell 3 RPI 0 (3rd period)
Posted by: Oat (---.c3-0.avec-ubr11.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:17PM

sah67
A dirty hit on Davenport at the buzzer and a brawl ensues.

Real classy, RPI.

RPI hockey is the most useless collegiate program in the nation. I hope they leave ECAC. We gotta get them back in Lynah.

Re: Cornell 3 RPI 0
Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:19PM

Cactus12
Game DQ

And on Burgdoerfer, who also got a Game DQ in our game at RPI last year. Classy guy.

Re: Rensselaer Institute for Idiots
Date: January 17, 2009 09:22PM

And RPI fans boo'd our team.. after their player cheap shot Davenport following the game-ending whistle.

What kind of background did these uneducated acne-faced morons come from?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:23PM by Oat.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:23PM

lynah80
5 minute major and game misconduct on Burdoerfer. He will miss RPI's next game because of that.

No handshake to end the game.

Burgdorfer was the guy who ran one of our guys (also from behind) at RPI 2 years ago and enraged Sawada on the bench. I'd like to see a good ol' Charlestown Chiefs game at Lynah against these jerks.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.12.---)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:24PM

lynah80
5 minute major and game misconduct on Burdoerfer. He will miss RPI's next game because of that.

Erik Burgdoerfer is the same guy who got DQ'd for blatantly hitting Joe Scali from behind in last year's game at RPI.

Date: January 17, 2009 09:26PM

cbuckser
lynah80

Erik Burgdoerfer is the same guy who got DQ'd for blatantly hitting Joe Scali from behind in last year's game at RPI.

it's hard to say who I would rather see get hit by a truck. Burgdoerfer or Nickerson.

Posted by: lynah80 (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:27PM

Burgdoefer received a 5 minute major plus a game misconduct for hitting Joe Scali from behind on January 11, 2008 at RPI. I wouldn't want to be him at Lynah on Feb. 20. '09.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:28PM by lynah80.

Date: January 17, 2009 09:33PM

lynah80
Burgdoefer received a 5 minute major plus a game misconduct for hitting Joe Scali from behind on January 11, 2008 at RPI. I wouldn't want to be him at Lynah on Feb. 20. '09.

No one is going to touch him though. everyone on our current team has too much talent to make the same selfless sacrifice that Paul Varteressian did when Nickerson came to town.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2009 09:34PM by Oat.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:40PM

And the winner of the 2009 TBRW Kevan Melrose-Matt Nickerson Award goes to...

Erik Burgdoerfer of RPI!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:42PM

Postgame thread up.

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2009 09:52PM

Oat
And RPI fans boo'd our team.. after their player cheap shot Davenport following the game-ending whistle.

What kind of background did these uneducated acne-faced morons come from?

What is even more amazing is that the b2 Network announcers (RPI feed) suggested that:

1.) It was Davenport's fault because he positioned himself badly for the hit
2.) It wasn't a big deal because Davenport actually managed to get off the ice

Unbelievable. But, I guess that's what you get for 7 bucks.

Date: January 17, 2009 10:06PM

Yes, the best way to pay them back will be to stuff Lange's net with pucks.

Date: January 17, 2009 10:09PM

Johnny 5
What is even more amazing is that the b2 Network announcers (RPI feed) suggested that:

Re: 1.) He said "Davenport shouldn't have positioned himsefl that way and left himself vulnerable like that. That's not a smart thing to do." And he later said something along the line of "Cornell is not going to shake hands with RPI, thus creating bad blood between the teams... when there really is no reason to have bad blood.. blah blah blah this is unnecessary.."

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 10:17PM

Oat
Johnny 5

Re: 1.) He said "Davenport shouldn't have positioned himsefl that way and left himself vulnerable like that. That's not a smart thing to do." And he later said something along the line of "Cornell is not going to shake hands with RPI, thus creating bad blood between the teams... when there really is no reason to have bad blood.. blah blah blah this is unnecessary.."

Three penalties at the end of the game. None necessary, one with the possibility of serious injury, and bad blood because of no handshake?screwy

Posted by: garrynayl (---.sub-70-198-116.myvzw.com)
Date: January 17, 2009 10:35PM

Realizing that language is always an issue in hockey talk I think we should refrain from the use of "idiot" and "moron" on this thread. It's just wrong and subjects this forum to justified critical comments from the rest of the earth.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.dsl1.nrwc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 18, 2009 11:26AM

Oat
lynah80

No one is going to touch him though. everyone on our current team has too much talent to make the same selfless sacrifice that Paul Varteressian did when Nickerson came to town.

How'd that work out for him again? crazy

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.dhcp.sffl.va.charter.com)
Date: January 18, 2009 05:45PM

daredevilcu
Oat
lynah80

How'd that work out for him again? crazy

I think he caught syphilis...deadhorse

Posted by: dragonfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2009 06:21AM

1.00:37 M.Kennedy 8 (unassisted)

Posted by: redliner (---.midrivers.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 01:17AM

lynah80

Here's the video of the hit and the aftermath

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 01:18AM by redliner.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 01:56AM

redliner
lynah80

Here's the video of the hit and the aftermath

Lots of RPI fans on USCHO have said, as we should expect, that the hit was legal and that Davenport put on an acting job to sell it. By the looks of the video, it was clearly (to me anyway) boarding. It is also clear that Davenport took a very hard fall into the boards and was no doubt shaken up--why he would want to try to sell an injury (especially at the end of a game) is beyond logic. I'm not so sure whether the situation warranted beyond-minor penalties, from the video, because I am not sure that Davenport couldn't help slamming the board head first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 02:02AM by imafrshmn.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 12:39PM

imafrshmn
Lots of RPI fans on USCHO have said, as we should expect, that the hit was legal and that Davenport put on an acting job to sell it. By the looks of the video, it was clearly (to me anyway) boarding. It is also clear that Davenport took a very hard fall into the boards and was no doubt shaken up--why he would want to try to sell an injury (especially at the end of a game) is beyond logic. I'm not so sure whether the situation warranted beyond-minor penalties, from the video, because I am not sure that Davenport couldn't help slamming the board head first.
In real time I was sure it was a penalty. Then watching in slow motion I was momentarily unsure (Edit: I was fixated on the fact that he hit Davenport from the front) until I read the boarding rule:

NCAA Hockey Rule Book
SECTION 3. A player shall not body check, cross-check, elbow, charge or
trip an opponent from the front or side in such a manner that causes the
opponent to be thrown violently into the boards (see 6-23).
I don't see how you could argue that this wasn't the case here. Davenport was thrown violently into the boards. One could argue that the hit was legal and that Davenport was off balance and should have done more to protect himself but none of that matters according to the rule description. Besides, Burgdoerfer was clearly trying to shove Davenport into the boards. Notice the extension he gets at the end of the hit. This was a shove, not a check.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 12:42PM by KeithK.

ECAC Suspends Erik Burgdoerfer for Two Games
Posted by: cbuckser (---.ospd.ca.gov)
Date: January 21, 2009 12:41PM

The ECAC issued supplemental discipline today for repeat offender, Erik Burgdoerfer. The two-game suspension is in addition to the one-game suspension Burgdoerfer earned with the game disqualification. The suspension is in response to Burgdoerfer's hitting-from-behind major/game misconduct in Friday's game against Colgate, as well as the boarding major/game disqualification at the end of Saturday's game.

In this morning's paper, Brandon Thomas wrote about Cornell's reactions to the play.

I don't buy the RPI argument that Burgdoerfer's hit was a clean shoulder-to-shoulder check. It's true, but it misses the point. Boarding is the appropriate penalty to call when a hit that would have been legal in open ice causes a player to fly violently into the boards. Taylor Davenport was several feet from the boards and was off-balance and vulnerable when Burgdoerfer lit into him. In NCAA hockey, boarding by definition is a hit from the front or the side; a check from behind must be called hitting from behind, not boarding.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 12:51PM by cbuckser.

Re: ECAC Suspends Erik Burgdoerfer for Two Games
Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 12:53PM

Burgdoerfer isn't going to win the Lady Byng any time soon, but this seemed more unfortunate than malicious. It wasn't Melrose or Nickerson.

He should send Davenport a get well soon, though. That was a scary fall.

Date: January 21, 2009 12:57PM

imafrshmn
Lots of RPI fans on USCHO have said, as we should expect
"Expect" in the sense that people are going to see through partisan glasses, but in our experience here and on USCHO, the vast majority of RPI's fans are pretty exemplary in sportsmanship and maturity.

Date: January 21, 2009 01:03PM

Trotsky
Burgdoerfer isn't going to win the Lady Byng any time soon, but this seemed more unfortunate than malicious. It wasn't Melrose or Nickerson.
Maybe so. But the kid has a history of dangerous hits. If it's not malicious then he simply gets so frustrated that he stops caring. I'm not optimistic that another suspension will be enough to make him start thinking out there but the league has to penalize him severely for it.

Date: January 21, 2009 01:09PM

KeithK
Maybe so. But the kid has a history of dangerous hits. If it's not malicious then he simply gets so frustrated that he stops caring. I'm not optimistic that another suspension will be enough to make him start thinking out there but the league has to penalize him severely for it.
Hey, granted. Context matters.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: January 21, 2009 01:23PM

Trotsky
KeithK
And the context here includes "down 3-0 with one second left in the game."

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 01:25PM

imafrshmn
Trotsky
"Expect" in the sense that people are going to see through partisan glasses,
Yes, that is what I meant, not implying anything about RPI fans in particular.

Trotsky
but in our experience here and on USCHO, the vast majority of RPI's fans are pretty exemplary in sportsmanship and maturity.
Thanks for this bit of experience. I have never met RPI fans in person or been to their rink. It does bother me though that lots of online ECAC hockey fans "hate" Cornell fans for being "classless" or "snobs" or whatever. Admittedly, I am only a student and don't personally know the Cornell fan community very well. However, from my 3+ years of going to games, I believe that our fans, while being intense and provocative, almost always know where to draw the line in serious matters of sportsmanship (like when opposing players are hurt at Lynah).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 01:25PM by imafrshmn.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 01:27PM

ugarte
Trotsky
KeithK
EXACTLY!The game is over, let it go.

Davenport possibly out for this weekend
Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 02:45PM

From the IJ article about the Burgdoerfer hit:

Ithaca Journal
As for Davenport's condition, the outlook for this weekend's games at Lynah isn't good.

"He's not better yet," Schafer said Tuesday. "We hope to get him back for maybe one game this week. We'll find out. He might not be back for either.

"Each day hopefully is a better one for him, which they have been so far," he added. "He hasn't practiced yet this week, so we'll see what (today) brings."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 21, 2009 02:47PM

Trotsky
imafrshmn
"Expect" in the sense that people are going to see through partisan glasses, but in our experience here and on USCHO, the vast majority of RPI's fans are pretty exemplary in sportsmanship and maturity.
I think that was just a florid way of saying that Ralph is old. :-D

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.220.---)
Date: January 21, 2009 03:19PM

ugarte
Trotsky
KeithK

I am by no means excusing Burgdoefer's hit, but why was Taylor Davenport even going towards the net with such little time left in a already decided game? why not just dump it in and let the clock expire? Perhaps Mr. Burgdoefer thought Davenport was being a show boat...

Posted by: Robb (---.etn.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 03:22PM

Dpperk29
ugarte
Trotsky
KeithK

I am by no means excusing Burgdoefer's hit, but why was Taylor Davenport even going towards the net with such little time left in a already decided game? why not just dump it in and let the clock expire? Perhaps Mr. Burgdoefer thought Davenport was being a show boat...
From the Ithaca Journal article, it sounded like Schafer, et al, took exception to the run RPI took at Scrivens with just over a minute to go, so they kept playing full speed. Very unfortunate - if either team had taken the high road, this entire situation could have been avoided. :-/

Posted by: redliner (---.midrivers.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 03:32PM

Robb
Dpperk29
ugarte
Trotsky
KeithK

From the Ithaca Journal article, it sounded like Schafer, et al, took exception to the run RPI took at Scrivens with just over a minute to go, so they kept playing full speed. Very unfortunate - if either team had taken the high road, this entire situation could have been avoided. :-/

Within the same IJ article, here's Schafer's response, "Our guys will have a long memory when they come back to Lynah"

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 03:54PM

redliner
Within the same IJ article, here's Schafer's response, "Our guys will have a long memory when they come back to Lynah"
If Appert knows what's good for his team, he'll bench Burgdoefer for that game.

Date: January 21, 2009 04:16PM

Jim Hyla
ugarte
Trotsky
KeithK
EXACTLY!The game is over, let it go.
In fairness, there have been a couple times in my slow pitch softball league that I have gotten worked up enough that I could imagine at least wanting to do what Burgdoefer did. So I can't condemn the kid too much.

Note: I have never sent seriously injured anyone in my softball games, intentionally or otherwise. Well, I have sent a teammate to the hospital for stitches but that was an accident.

Date: January 21, 2009 04:42PM

Kyle Rose
redliner
If suspensions could be structured intelligently, he would be suspended for that game rather than an undifferentiated next two games.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2009 07:00PM

After seeing it for the first time, here's my thoughts:

The aftermath was bad, but the hit wasn't as bad as I expected. It was exacerbated by the fact that Davenport lost an edge and hit hard, but it wasn't a slam from behind directly into the boards.

However, neither was it so innocent. Davenport did not lose his edge afte the hit. He lost it just before or during, and he still went through with it and, furthermore, finished it off with a nice extra shove.

It was stupid, it was dangerous, and it was deserving of repercussions. It just wasn't the most blatant or dangerous there's ever been.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2009 07:22PM

DeltaOne81
After seeing it for the first time, here's my thoughts:

The aftermath was bad, but the hit wasn't as bad as I expected. It was exacerbated by the fact that Davenport lost an edge and hit hard, but it wasn't a slam from behind directly into the boards.

However, neither was it so innocent. Davenport did not lose his edge afte the hit. He lost it just before or during, and he still went through with it and, furthermore, finished it off with a nice extra shove.

It was stupid, it was dangerous, and it was deserving of repercussions. It just wasn't the most blatant or dangerous there's ever been.
That sums my thoughts up fairly well. From reading about the aftermath and suspension before seeing that video, I expected it to have looked a lot worse.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2009 07:24PM by Josh '99.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 21, 2009 10:10PM

Josh '99
Trotsky
imafrshmn
I think that was just a florid way of saying that Ralph is old. :-D
:-}

Date: January 22, 2009 12:16AM

imafrshmn
It does bother me though that lots of online ECAC hockey fans "hate" Cornell fans for being "classless" or "snobs" or whatever. Admittedly, I am only a student and don't personally know the Cornell fan community very well. However, from my 3+ years of going to games, I believe that our fans, while being intense and provocative, almost always know where to draw the line in serious matters of sportsmanship (like when opposing players are hurt at Lynah).

Most people who don't like Cornell fans are the other upstate New York fans (Colgate, Clarkson, Union, and RPI). It isn't anything that we do in particular.

So many people in America hate the Yankees. You can find so many Yankees haters in every town, every state (not just in Boston). When seriously asked why, their answer is "we just do. Yankees suck. we just hate'em."

People tend to hate the elite / the strong.

Date: January 22, 2009 01:06AM

Kyle Rose

I agree. If the Big Red goes after him, the ensuing penalties could cost them the game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 01:34AM by lynah80.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 11:16AM

Oat

True but there are plenty of reasons to hate the Yankees. I get tired of the Minnesota fans on USCHO saying that everyone is jealous of their team's success, especially as measured by NCAA titles. By that logic I should hate Michigan or Denver more - but I don't.

Date: January 22, 2009 11:20AM

nyc94
Oat

True but there are plenty of reasons to hate the Yankees. I get tired of the Minnesota fans on USCHO saying that everyone is jealous of their team's success, especially as measured by NCAA titles. By that logic I should hate Michigan or Denver more - but I don't.
Maybe everyone is jealous of their success as measured by... mascot head-spinning?

Posted by: ben03 (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: January 22, 2009 12:44PM

Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

Maybe everyone is jealous of their success as measured by... mascot head-spinning?

or maybe their ability to spell en masse ...

Date: January 22, 2009 12:58PM

ben03
Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

That cheer is so annoying that I think I'd rather listen to the Michigan band play their fight song over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Date: January 22, 2009 01:37PM

lynah80
Kyle Rose

I agree. If the Big Red goes after him, the ensuing penalties could cost them the game.

If that is a concern of yours, that speaks to the discipline and character of the team and Schafer. Watching it the first few times, I didn't see much of a call, then the extended arms were pointed out and the rule was quoted. Having that information, it's definitely a penalty, possibly a major, definitely not more than that if there is any time left on the clock. The DQ would have been sufficient penalty for the events of the weekend, imho. The league didn't need to slap three extra games on there -- had there not been a DQ, a one or two game suspension might have been warranted.

I hope Davenport is OK, I wouldn't want the Big Red to be less than full strength when they lose in Cheel in two weeks when I'm up there (woof woof) :-D

Date: January 22, 2009 01:43PM

daredevilcu
lynah80
Kyle Rose

If that is a concern of yours, that speaks to the discipline and character of the team and Schafer. Watching it the first few times, I didn't see much of a call, then the extended arms were pointed out and the rule was quoted. Having that information, it's definitely a penalty, possibly a major, definitely not more than that if there is any time left on the clock. The DQ would have been sufficient penalty for the events of the weekend, imho. The league didn't need to slap three extra games on there -- had there not been a DQ, a one or two game suspension might have been warranted.

I hope Davenport is OK, I wouldn't want the Big Red to be less than full strength when they lose in Cheel in two weeks when I'm up there (woof woof) :-D

Please ask the Cheel maintenance crew to change the bulbs in the goal lamps before the Cornell game. The Big Red will be using them a lot.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.akamai.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 02:17PM

lynah80
daredevilcu

Please ask the Cheel maintenance crew to change the bulbs in the goal lamps before the Cornell game. The Big Red will be using them a lot.

OMG, won't somebody please stop the woofing?!!

Posted by: Robb (---.etn.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 02:29PM

lynah80
daredevilcu
lynah80
Kyle Rose

It would have been a lot more believable if you'd said "tell them not to bother changing Cornell's goal light, since Clarkson won't be scoring at all."

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 03:34PM

Robb
It would have been a lot more believable if you'd said "tell them not to bother changing Cornell's goal light, since Clarkson won't be scoring at all."

But the teams switch ends at intermission, so... oh, never mind.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 05:44PM

Josh '99
ben03
Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

That cheer is so annoying that I think I'd rather listen to the Michigan band play their fight song over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Oh yeah?

Date: January 22, 2009 05:48PM

Give My Regards
Robb

So they should be sure to have one good light bulb and one burnt out one on hand and switch them between periods, clearly.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: January 22, 2009 06:55PM

marty
Josh '99
ben03
Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

Oh yeah?

From a friend who used to be in the Illinois marching band
Hail to the Mother ****ers,
Hail to the Big **** ****ers,
Hail Hail to Michigan the cesspoll of the West,
Hail to the Fornicators,
Hail to the Masterbaters
Hail Hail to Michigan the cesspoll of the West...

I have a lot of friends at work who went to Michigan so it's always fun to bust this out :-p

Date: January 22, 2009 07:28PM

Josh '99
Give My Regards
Robb

So they should be sure to have one good light bulb and one burnt out one on hand and switch them between periods, clearly.

Which begs the question, how many CCT technicians does it take to change two light bulbs?

Date: January 22, 2009 08:45PM

marty
Josh '99
Give My Regards
Robb

Which begs the question, how many CCT technicians does it take to change two light bulbs?

I don't know about technicians, but it takes about 700 students. 1 to screw in the bulb, and 699 to go crazy when it turns on! rock

Date: January 23, 2009 06:23AM

daredevilcu
marty
Josh '99
Give My Regards
Robb

I don't know about technicians, but it takes about 700 students. 1 to screw in the bulb, and 699 to go crazy when it turns on! rock

Well since don't consider yourselves technicians are you at least junior techs?

Posted by: ithacat (---.cbs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 23, 2009 07:54AM

Kyle Rose
lynah80
daredevilcu

OMG, won't somebody please stop the woofing?!!

Thank you...

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: January 23, 2009 08:13AM

nr53
marty
Josh '99
ben03
Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

Oh yeah?

Hail to the Fornicators,
Hail to the Masterbaters

I have a lot of friends at work who went to Michigan so it's always fun to bust this out :-p

I had a friend at Cornell who was a transfer from Purdue. He knew the same version, except I think he sang "cesspool of the world."

Edit: Oh and thank you. Now I have that fucking song stuck in my head. flipc
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 08:16AM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Date: January 23, 2009 11:10AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
nr53
marty
Josh '99
ben03
Josh '99
nyc94
Oat

Oh yeah?

Hail to the Fornicators,
Hail to the Masterbaters

I had a friend at Cornell who was a transfer from Purdue. He knew the same version, except I think he sang "cesspool of the world."

Edit: Oh and thank you. Now I have that fucking song stuck in my head. flipc
I think it works better with "To hell with" than "Hail to".

Date: January 23, 2009 01:26PM

I'm a business student, don't ask me what the engineers want to be called these days. They're all nuts no matter what school you go to anyway.

Date: January 23, 2009 02:02PM

daredevilcu
I'm a business student, don't ask me what the engineers want to be called these days.
"Employed."

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 03:57PM

I'll take Songs the Cornell Pep Band Can't Play at Lynah for 800, Alex.

Hail to the Fornicators,
Hail to the Masterbaters

What is Hail to the Victors?

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 23, 2009 06:34PM

marty
Josh '99

Oh yeah?

Given how pathetic midi files are in the first place, what's more pathetic is that our toolish friend here has (1) substituted the bridge for the intro, (2) screwed up the bridge, and (3) generally messed up the harmonies.

Go BLUE!!! I love Michigan, yea!!!111

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2009 01:31PM

Guess who leads the league in penalties-in-minutes? No, you don't get 3 guesses. He has 72 with next closest 58 in overall games. If there were more minutes for ECAC imposed penalties, then it would be astronomical.

He already has more ECAC PIM this year than every player last year and 25 more than the next closest in ECAC play this year. Yeah, I know that the 10 min ones add up quickly, but that's the point.

I guess it's clear the pattern of his career, rather than the hit on Davenport, is what lead to the ECAC penalty.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.12.---)
Date: January 24, 2009 02:18PM

Jim Hyla
I guess it's clear the pattern of his career, rather than the hit on Davenport, is what lead to the ECAC penalty.

Can anybody think of another occasion in which a player left one game with a game misconduct and followed it up in the ensuing game with a game disqualification? I can't.

Posted by: lynah80 (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: January 26, 2009 12:02AM

He also had a 10-min misconduct against Quinnipiac on 11/15/08 for slashing the goalie after the whistle.

Should this guy be allowed on the ice with a stick?

RPI: 3rd in the nation in PIM/game
Posted by: lynah80 (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: January 26, 2009 12:18AM

2008-2009

Rank Team Penalties-for-PIM PIM/gm

1 Ferris State 234-for-592 22.77
2 Mercyhurst 205-for-523 20.92
3 Rensselaer 200-for-517 20.68
4 Wisconsin 237-for-531 20.42
5 Michigan 211-for-515 19.81

It's part of their team culture.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 03:31AM by lynah80.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login