Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jordan Berk Gone

Posted by reilly83 
Jordan Berk Gone
Posted by: reilly83 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 30, 2008 02:21PM

Brandon Thomas reports today in the Ithaca Journal that Jordan Berk is not expected to return to the team.

Re: Jordan Berk Gone
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 30, 2008 07:12PM

Interesting. I thought I saw his father in Estero.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 30, 2008 08:04PM

Looks like he's headed back to play junior hockey. Salmon Arm just traded his playing rights to Ft. McMurray.

[www.network54.com]

Posted by: Robb (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: December 30, 2008 08:09PM

So this would let him retain eligibility, either for us or someone else, correct?

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: December 30, 2008 09:49PM

The article isn't nearly specific enough to answer that.

This is very disappointing. #16 was one of my favorite players to watch last season. With the exception of a crummy ricochet off his skate that led to a breakaway goal at Madison Square Garden, he always seemed valuable on the ice.

Several times I watched him break up 2-1s, taking the pass in his ribs like good defensemen are taught.

Best of luck.

Posted by: cbuckser (76.197.9.---)
Date: December 31, 2008 12:41AM

pfibiger
Looks like he's headed back to play junior hockey. Salmon Arm just traded his playing rights to Ft. McMurray.

[www.network54.com]

He played for the Oil Barons tonight in Drayton Valley.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 31, 2008 09:25AM

LaJollaRed

This is very disappointing. #16 was one of my favorite players to watch last season. With the exception of a crummy ricochet off his skate that led to a breakaway goal at Madison Square Garden, he always seemed valuable on the ice.

Several times I watched him break up 2-1s, taking the pass in his ribs like good defensemen are taught.

Best of luck.
I agree. I think he's a talented defenseman.

Posted by: KP '06 (---.dsl1-fairport.roc.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 02, 2009 09:02AM

Townie
LaJollaRed

Best of luck.
I agree. I think he's a talented defenseman.

I disagree. A lot. His defensive skills might have been okay but I cringed every time he touched the puck. Too bad we couldn't help him develop more.

Posted by: andrekopitar (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: March 01, 2009 06:53PM

Oh KP 06' you disagree alot eh? Have u checkd Jordans +/- for when he was a member of the big red? Did you watch him at the start of his rookie season when he was quarterbacking the powerplay? I had visions of a Brain Rafalski or Tomas Kaberle. This guy is good! You cringed when he touchd the puck? He had the better hands and vision then any other Cornell defenceman you have. I cringe when 6 foot 4 230 pounders try and take the puck up the ice with there stone fucking hands and vision like the detriot tunnell. KP 06' get some fucking hockey sense then you can comment on theese bloggs.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.220.---)
Date: March 01, 2009 07:04PM

andrekopitar
Oh KP 06' you disagree alot eh? Have u checkd Jordans +/- for when he was a member of the big red? Did you watch him at the start of his rookie season when he was quarterbacking the powerplay? I had visions of a Brain Rafalski or Tomas Kaberle. This guy is good! You cringed when he touchd the puck? He had the better hands and vision then any other Cornell defenceman you have. I cringe when 6 foot 4 230 pounders try and take the puck up the ice with there stone fucking hands and vision like the detriot tunnell. KP 06' get some fucking hockey sense then you can comment on theese bloggs.

What is the use of re-opening this discussion nearly 2 months later?

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2009 08:03PM

Dpperk29
What is the use of re-opening this discussion nearly 2 months later?

To get people to reply.

Oops. doh

Posted by: andrekopitar (199.198.223.---)
Date: March 09, 2009 01:28PM

Dpperk29, the use of bringing up this sitation nearly two months later is to voice on the stupidness of Shafer and his coaching staff. I think its time to clean-house when it comes to management. Im tired of watching this old 1-0, 2-1, old style hockey games. If Scrivens has not played so well this year, this team would be nowhere close to where they are. This is a new day and age and face the facts hockey is a differnt game now. So a message to Shafer, wake the fuck up your not the New Jersy Devils of 2001.

P.S. Dpperk29 i'll talk circles around you day after day, my great grandmother who has past 20 years ago this april has a much more significant hockey IQ then yourself. Have a wonderfull day.

Kopitar

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2009 01:48PM

Unlike his older brother, Anze, Andre here needs to wear a helmet all the time... in London, Ontario.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 01:49PM

andrekopitar
Dpperk29, the use of bringing up this sitation nearly two months later is to voice on the stupidness of Shafer and his coaching staff. I think its time to clean-house when it comes to management. Im tired of watching this old 1-0, 2-1, old style hockey games. If Scrivens has not played so well this year, this team would be nowhere close to where they are. This is a new day and age and face the facts hockey is a differnt game now. So a message to Shafer, wake the fuck up your not the New Jersy Devils of 2001.

P.S. Dpperk29 i'll talk circles around you day after day, my great grandmother who has past 20 years ago this april has a much more significant hockey IQ then yourself. Have a wonderfull day.

Kopitar
You know, I can understand misspelling "Schafer" (even though there's a handy spelling guide right there on your screen) and "Jersy" is probably just a typo, but if you're going to choose a handle after one of the NHL's rising stars then you really should at least spell "Anze" correctly.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 01:52PM

andrekopitar
If Scrivens has not played so well this year, this team would be nowhere close to where they are.

And if your aunt had testicles she'd be your uncle.

(And I'm calling this out as a fake, the misspellings seem to occur with too consistent of a frequency to be real.)

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 02:02PM

French Rage
(And I'm calling this out as a fake, the misspellings seem to occur with too consistent of a frequency to be real.)
Is this your first time on the internet?

Date: March 09, 2009 02:17PM

ugarte
French Rage
Is this your first time on the internet?

I'm not saying it's the presense of misspellings/errors, it's more the "I need one or two every sentence like clockwork" aspect of it.

Posted by: sah67 (---.z064001230.bos-ma.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 02:38PM

CowbellGuy
in London, Ontario.

Huh...I wonder where Jordan Berk is from.

P.S. I miss Justin Milo's dad's posts.

Posted by: Trotsky (199.46.196.---)
Date: March 09, 2009 03:00PM

Come on now, I think we can all agree on how terrible a coach Mike has been.

Finish in League:

1-2: 6 times
3-4: 5 times
5+: 3 times

Mean: 3.4

Finish in 12-Team League Prior to Schafer:

1-2: once
3-4: 4 times
5+: 6 times

Mean: 5.6

Pretty damning.

Date: March 09, 2009 03:03PM

andrekopitar

Kopitar

I have been a hockey fan for the last 15 years, I have played at some level or another for the last 14 years, I hold a level 3 (of a possible 4 levels) USA hockey Officiating Card, I Didn't miss a Cornell home or ECAC playoff game during the 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 seasons. I have only missed 4 Clarkson Home game for the last three seasons, and been to all the ECAC and NCAA playoff games. Throughout the last 15 years I have always been attempting to enhance my knowledge and enjoyment of the game. So pardon me if I sound a little cocky when I say no, you can't talk (or skate) circles around me, and that your grandmother's Hockey IQ is less than your actual IQ, which is very low.

and if you don't believe me, ask around, people will have my back.

edited for spelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 03:06PM by Dpperk29.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 04:05PM

Dpperk29
andrekopitar

Kopitar

I have been a hockey fan for the last 15 years, I have played at some level or another for the last 14 years, I hold a level 3 (of a possible 4 levels) USA hockey Officiating Card, I Didn't miss a Cornell home or ECAC playoff game during the 2004-2005 and 2005-2006 seasons. I have only missed 4 Clarkson Home game for the last three seasons, and been to all the ECAC and NCAA playoff games. Throughout the last 15 years I have always been attempting to enhance my knowledge and enjoyment of the game. So pardon me if I sound a little cocky when I say no, you can't talk (or skate) circles around me, and that your grandmother's Hockey IQ is less than your actual IQ, which is very low.

and if you don't believe me, ask around, people will have my back.

edited for spelling
He said he could talk circles around you, he didn't say he would make sense,thud or even that the talk would be about hockey.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 04:09PM

Dpperk29
I have only missed 4 Clarkson Home game for the last three seasons
Four? You missed four? Slacker.

But yeah, he's no hockey newb.

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 04:19PM

andrekopitar

Kopitar

Well my IQ has just dropped from reading this post.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 04:41PM by Flyers1037.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 09, 2009 04:33PM

Flyers1037
andrekopitar

Kopitar

Well my IQ has just dropped reading this post.

Cannot reply brainly. I now has the dumb.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 06:04PM

Beeeej
Flyers1037
andrekopitar

Kopitar

Cannot reply brainly. I know has the dumb.
FPY.

Date: March 09, 2009 06:12PM

ugarte
Beeeej
Flyers1037
andrekopitar

Kopitar

FPY.

Jrek.

Date: March 09, 2009 06:37PM

French Rage
ugarte
Beeeej
Flyers1037
andrekopitar

Kopitar

FPY.

Jrek.

tipakel

Posted by: andrekopitar (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: March 09, 2009 10:37PM

Haha you people sicken me, I could give two shits if I spell a few words wrong I'm a fucking hockey player not a ivy degree fucking nerd who spends there time on "Elynah Fourm". I dont even know Jordan Berk I just use to play against him and know he is a hell of a hockey player and if "Shafer" (I dont fucking care how to spell it) Didnt think he was fucking "Bobby-Big Wheel" of NCAA hockey and drilled some new era hockey in him Jordan had the potential to be the # 1 defenceman. This will be my last post on the "Elynah Fourm" to all of your dissapointment, so Dpperek29 I would like to state again I will talk circles around you in hockey (any leauge) and I would toe drag the fuck out of you making you look like Hal Gill.

I have attended one Cornell hockey game in 2001 against Princeton and to end on a positive note the old classic barn was a "beauty" and the fans (particularly the students) we're absolutley rowdy. Saying that I hope you guys make it to the NCAA Tournament but suffer an overtime loss in game one.
Thankyou again for making my time on the internet so enjoyable nerds.

Sincerly,

Andre NOT Anze Kopitar. (Andres dead brother) You Silly Fucks

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 10:40PM

andrekopitar
Haha you people sicken me, I could give two shits if I spell a few words wrong I'm a fucking hockey player not a ivy degree fucking nerd who spends there time on "Elynah Fourm". I dont even know Jordan Berk I just use to play against him and know he is a hell of a hockey player and if "Shafer" (I dont fucking care how to spell it) Didnt think he was fucking "Bobby-Big Wheel" of NCAA hockey and drilled some new era hockey in him Jordan had the potential to be the # 1 defenceman. This will be my last post on the "Elynah Fourm" to all of your dissapointment, so Dpperek29 I would like to state again I will talk circles around you in hockey (any leauge) and I would toe drag the fuck out of you making you look like Hal Gill.

I have attended one Cornell hockey game in 2001 against Princeton and to end on a positive note the old classic barn was a "beauty" and the fans (particularly the students) we're absolutley rowdy. Saying that I hope you guys make it to the NCAA Tournament but suffer an overtime loss in game one.

Sincerly,

Where's Facetimer when you need him?stupid

Date: March 09, 2009 10:43PM

andrekopitar
This will be my last post on the "Elynah Fourm"

I can't decide between Jailhouse rock or "Ahhhhhh See Ya... You Goon"

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 09, 2009 11:03PM

Thats game 2 that we have the overtime loss in thank you very much.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2009 11:43PM

Jacob '06
Thats game 2 that we have the overtime loss in thank you very much.
What you said.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2009 12:36AM

andrekopitar

Sincerly,

C'mon Age, we know this is you.

Posted by: nyiballs (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2009 01:05AM

I have to ask, and I may seem stupid depending on the answer...

Let's say from the class of '03 on... have any ECAC schools produced more NHLers than Cornell?

Posted by: Oat (---.c3-0.avec-ubr11.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 10, 2009 02:28AM

[[quote andrekopitar]Haha you people sicken me, I could give two shits if I spell a few words wrong I'm a fucking hockey player.. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck..... hurrr hurr hurrr... fuck fuck fuck fuck.. hurrr..

fuck fuck...
[/quote]

Aww, don't leave us to get a life. I can't imagine you getting through it.

If your time is so enjoyable as you said, stay a while and talk more hockey! Please! What are your thoughts on this weekend? innocent

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: March 10, 2009 11:10AM

nyiballs
I have to ask, and I may seem stupid depending on the answer...

Let's say from the class of '03 on... have any ECAC schools produced more NHLers than Cornell?

Well, the embedded pdf won't open for me, so I have no clue if this is on point, but maybe the info is here: [www.ecachockey.com]

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 10, 2009 11:21AM

That PDF only shows draft picks. Well, let's say starting from 1999 (which I know may not necessarily be Class of 03, but it'll make my life easier):

Draft Picks:
Cornell 21
Harvard 20
Clarkson 15
Dartmouth 11
Yale 10
SLU 8
RPI 7
Colgate 6
Brown 4
Princeton 2
Union 2

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2009 12:05PM

Goodness, trolls sure eat a lot. I didn't even know it was feeding time.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2009 01:29PM

CowbellGuy
That PDF only shows draft picks. Well, let's say starting from 1999 (which I know may not necessarily be Class of 03, but it'll make my life easier):

Draft Picks:
Cornell 21
Harvard 20
Clarkson 15
Dartmouth 11
Yale 10
SLU 8
RPI 7
Colgate 6
Brown 4
Princeton 2
Union 2
And to think they all came here to play under such a bad coach. Just think if they'd had a good coach, we'd have won the NCAAs every year; just like Harvard and Clarkson have done.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login