Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Visitor Locker Room

Posted by JDeafv 
Visitor Locker Room
Posted by: JDeafv (---.mae.cornell.edu)
Date: December 05, 2008 04:13PM

Has anybody else noticed that the visiting teams are back to using the "old" visitors locker room instead of the previous Cornell locker room? For a while last season I seem to remember them using the old Men's Cornell locker room.

Sorta related, I think having the Cornell team walk out onto their bench from the locker room is a disadvantage, because the NCAA rules allow only the players starting the period to touch the ice prior to the second and third. However, every player on the the visiting team (at Lynah) gets to skate. Sure, they are supposed to skate straight to the bench, but they often do a little loop here or there to warm up the legs.

Re: Visitor Locker Room
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 05:28PM

JDeafv
Has anybody else noticed that the visiting teams are back to using the "old" visitors locker room instead of the previous Cornell locker room? For a while last season I seem to remember them using the old Men's Cornell locker room.
Maybe they finally listened to my advice about home ice advantage? Screw the visitors! Make them dress in the most digusting cramped place possible!

More likely there's some work being done on the locker room or something.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 05:44PM

Perhaps the club teams got to use the old varsity locker rooms?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 05:46PM

KeithK
Maybe they finally listened to my advice about home ice advantage? Screw the visitors! Make them dress in the most disgusting cramped place possible!
The UHalls don't exist anymore.

Posted by: Robb (62.168.27.---)
Date: December 05, 2008 06:07PM

Trotsky
KeithK
Maybe they finally listened to my advice about home ice advantage? Screw the visitors! Make them dress in the most disgusting cramped place possible!
Riley-Robb hall, on the other hand...yark

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2008 06:10PM

Maybe skorton asked that it be painted pink.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 06:31PM

Robb
Trotsky
KeithK
Whaddya expect from a building named after you?

Posted by: Robb (62.168.27.---)
Date: December 05, 2008 06:40PM

KeithK
Robb
Trotsky
KeithK
Waaay before my time. Heck - that was before YOUR time... ;)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 10:27PM

Robb
KeithK
Robb
Trotsky
KeithK
Waaay before my time. Heck - that was before YOUR time... ;)

Heck, it was before my time.

Posted by: ACM (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2008 11:34PM

The former men's varsity room is now being used by the women's lacrosse team, displacing visiting hockey teams back to the old locker room.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyls.edu)
Date: December 06, 2008 11:33AM

Chris '03

Haha... great comment. Although I'm sure most of the people here have no idea what that means.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2008 11:48AM

Chris '03

It would be an improvement. I remember my hockey team using that room a few times in the late 90's and it was dreary, dank, and I really wanted some lysol before using the toilets. yark

The visitor locker room did have more room than the ladies room by section O, but lacked a heater for pre-warming the inside of your skates **].

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2008 02:03PM

Does anyone else think you ought to win the game on the ice, not by screwing over the opponent in every way possible outside the 200x85 surface? Is it okay to tamper with their bus, hack the hotel automated wakeup system to place 5 a.m. calls, forget to fix the bad outlet near where you plug in the portable skate sharpener in the visitor locker room, never oil the door hinges on the visitor side bench, or run the locker temperature up to 95 degrees?

Maybe the NCAA ought to set minimum standards for visitor locker rooms at new rinks or rinks undergoing substantial renovations. They promulgate enough silly rules.

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.hsd1.dc.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2008 02:28PM

No glittery unicorns?

[sports.espn.go.com]

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 06, 2008 11:42PM

billhoward
Does anyone else think you ought to win the game on the ice, not blah, blah, blah...

Nope.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2008 02:57AM

CowbellGuy
billhoward
Does anyone else think you ought to win the game on the ice, not blah, blah, blah...

Nope.
I used to want to take a principled stand on this, but no more. If other schools are going to try to create and exploit these kinds of advantages against Cornell (split or short benches, cramped locker rooms, weird bounces, whatever) then Cornell shouldn't feel guilty about doing the same.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: December 07, 2008 09:45AM

billhoward
Does anyone else think you ought to win the game on the ice, not by screwing over the opponent in every way possible outside the 200x85 surface? Is it okay to tamper with their bus, hack the hotel automated wakeup system to place 5 a.m. calls, forget to fix the bad outlet near where you plug in the portable skate sharpener in the visitor locker room, never oil the door hinges on the visitor side bench, or run the locker temperature up to 95 degrees?

Maybe the NCAA ought to set minimum standards for visitor locker rooms at new rinks or rinks undergoing substantial renovations. They promulgate enough silly rules.

Yeah! And how about turning the heat up in the arena to make the ice soft when fast-skating opponents come to play. popcorn

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 07, 2008 10:59AM

Swampy
billhoward

Yeah! And how about turning the heat up in the arena to make the ice soft when fast-skating opponents come to play. popcorn

Thanks for the memories.

Posted by: redice (---.154.217.74.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: December 07, 2008 12:23PM

Jim Hyla
Swampy
billhoward

Thanks for the memories.

May he R.I.P. cry

-Ned Harkness

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login