Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dartmouth Post-game

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Dartmouth Post-game
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2008 11:38PM

OK, I'll do it again.

If we can put 3 periods together we could be watching in DC in April. Seriously, I've not remembered a weekend like this in years. Yes the third period wasn't what we wanted, but it was partially because we seemed to try and go into a shell and Dartmouth definitely pushed Harder. Maybe that is how they won all those games. Dartmouth still is a Gaudet team. Twice the ref had to talk to Stephens about his play. They're not overtly dirty, but just that little extra push here or there, and a lot of back talk after the play is over.

But back to the play. Although the play of the first two periods was great, it certainly was nice to see the effort on the 2 men down play. After that effort the crowd responded like I haven't seen or heard in years.

The Riley line continues to impress and get better. Although they didn't score, I thought they played better tonight than yesterday. The Kennedy line is now a real threat. Having two offensive lines is a real treat for us.

Scrivens played well, better than last night when it counted. I loved it when he was down and had his pads stacked.

However having said all these positives, we could have lost this game in the third period. We can't try and go into a shell, just good solid defense. Our breakout is still painful to watch. Somehow we have to learn to keep moving while we are trying to do it. We can't expect it to work consistently if we just stand around. They did try a number of different plays, such as the long pass up the boards leading to a dump in. So maybe they are still learning what coach wants.

What I really like about this season so far is that they seem to get better each week. Most impressive was the Scott Garrow interview before the game. He heaped praise about how this team was listening to the coaches game plan and following it. He obviously thinks that is different than the past few years. If true we can really be hopeful.

I wouldn't have thought it before the season started, but we've gone through one of the toughest parts of the season, and finished with flying colors. The first road trip may be the hardest of the season,probably tied with Feb Harvard/Dartmouth. I never thought SLU/Clarkson would roll over like they have. I just hope they don't jump up just as we play them.

Well on to ND.

Re: Dartmouth Post-game
Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 01:06AM

There's a lot to like about this team, but I'm still not convinced. A few of us were talking this weekend about the team two years ago, which started 7-0 before losing to Dartmouth and starting a long slide that ended with an early exit from the ECAC tournament. We made it past Dartmouth this year, but there are still a lot of hockey games to play.

I think next weekend's games will be a good test. Although NoDak is having a down year, they'll still be a lot tougher than anyone we've played in the EZAC. If we come back with 2 or 3 points, then I'll start to believe.

Still looking for the first banner from my time at Cornell...

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 23, 2008 01:59AM

The Big Red dominated the first 100 minutes of the weekend against good hockey teams. It was very impressive.

This team is a lot better than the 2006-07 team. Like Jim, I believe I should raise my expectations. Prior to the season, I expected the team to have a rock solid defense. I felt that in order to get an NCAA Tournament bid, the team needed reliable goalscoring (where there remains room for improvement) and improved goaltending (which Ben Scrivens has provided).

Without a doubt, the next two weekends will provide four big tests. And, I am not ready to declare this team a national title contender. (Two years ago, I expected the 08-09 team to compete for a national title. After the tumultuous spring of 2007, I dialed down those expectations.) Nevertheless, this team has more potential than I had anticipated.

I eagerly await next weekend's games. The series at North Dakota reminds me of the November 2001 trip to BU, in which Cornell showed that it could play with the best teams in the country.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 23, 2008 04:16AM

Sounds like I missed a couple of fantastic games this weekend. I don't regret why I missed them, but just reading about them made me antsy. TimV, I hope you and your seatmate(s) had a great time, and that you and mha got along - thanks again for your donation!

I don't have high expectations, but I'm now even more excited about Friday night's NoDak game on TV, and really, really excited to see us at home vs. Tech & SLU the following weekend. It's been a long eight months since the consy against Colgate, and I need me some live, in-person Big Red hockey.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: TimV (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 09:07AM

Thanks Beeeej- it was fabulous both nights especially at the end of the 5 on 3 penalty kill when Scrivens kept 'em out and the crowd was screaming. Congrats to you on your ride and your time. Mha has an amazing capability for keeping track of the game thru a viewfinder and gets great pics, especially the one of the kid reading his book while a shot caroms off the bar, hits the goal line and doesn't go in.

Lynah should pry off those plastic seat things. They're made for tiny little athletic asses. Mine isn't.

Third best thing of the weekend was discovering that Shortstop Deli sells Hot Truck.dribble

Posted by: TimV (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 09:12AM

ebilmes
If we come back with 1 or 2 wins, then I'll start to believe

FYP.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 09:58AM

Some comments about the game:

1) Keir Ross is a tremendous blue-liner, and may just be our most reliable by the end of the season. He got injured late in the game, does anyone know if it was anything serious?

2) The forecheck looks especially strong and keeps the puck in the offensive zone. For that reason, I was encouraged that we used more dump and chase rather than carrying the puck into the zone so much this past game. I think we're much more effective in that style.

3) Penalty kill remained strong, especially on that 3 on 5. Our defensemen have good position and are excellent at clearing the crease, and Scrivens is strong, but the real key to the penalty is the aggressive plays by our forwards attacking the points, especially from Barlow and Nash. While Nash is discussed as a great offensive talent, his play in his own zone has quietly become very strong. That will serve him very well on the next level. He may be able to be a solid contributor in the NHL even if his scoring touch doesn't translate (see Jay Pandolfo).

4) Brendan Nash's play in his own zone is lacking. He is the weakest of our defensemen positionally. In the offensive zone, too many of his point shots either hit glass or the opposing players in the knees. I would say he has been a disappointment overall through 6 games.

5) I think overall Kary looks better than Punches, despite Punches having a much better name. I'm assuming they both sit when Mugford comes back?

6) Despite connecting on the powerplay, I still feel that we are a lot of the time too disorganized bringing the puck up ice, and that results in some easy clears. When we do get into our cycle, the powerplay generates some pretty good chances. Still too many shots getting blocked or hitting the glass though but I like how we pass int he cycle.

7) I'm not too worried about the third period. If we have a three goal lead, playing like that for a period's not that big a deal. Just don't make it a habit when we're up by 1 or less.

8) We tried to start a "We want Grossman" chant in the back row of section B after the third goal, but there are too many freshmen around us who didn't understand it to participate, so it never caught on.

Overall great weekend, and I know it's early, but a strong next weekend could go a long way to getting an at large NCAA bid if we fall short in the conference.

Date: November 23, 2008 10:24AM

Ronald '09
While Nash is discussed as a great offensive talent, his play in his own zone has quietly become very strong. That will serve him very well on the next level. He may be able to be a solid contributor in the NHL even if his scoring touch doesn't translate (see Jay Pandolfo).

Or to put in Cornell tones, Kent Manderville. He came with much optimism, was drafted 24th, and ended up playing about 650 NHL games with only about 100 points.

Posted by: CUontheslopes (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 10:39AM

Ronald '09

1) Keir Ross is a tremendous blue-liner, and may just be our most reliable by the end of the season. He got injured late in the game, does anyone know if it was anything serious?

2) The forecheck looks especially strong and keeps the puck in the offensive zone. For that reason, I was encouraged that we used more dump and chase rather than carrying the puck into the zone so much this past game. I think we're much more effective in that style.

3) Penalty kill remained strong, especially on that 3 on 5. Our defensemen have good position and are excellent at clearing the crease, and Scrivens is strong, but the real key to the penalty is the aggressive plays by our forwards attacking the points, especially from Barlow and Nash. While Nash is discussed as a great offensive talent, his play in his own zone has quietly become very strong. That will serve him very well on the next level. He may be able to be a solid contributor in the NHL even if his scoring touch doesn't translate (see Jay Pandolfo).

4) Brendan Nash's play in his own zone is lacking. He is the weakest of our defensemen positionally. In the offensive zone, too many of his point shots either hit glass or the opposing players in the knees. I would say he has been a disappointment overall through 6 games.

5) I think overall Kary looks better than Punches, despite Punches having a much better name. I'm assuming they both sit when Mugford comes back?

6) Despite connecting on the powerplay, I still feel that we are a lot of the time too disorganized bringing the puck up ice, and that results in some easy clears. When we do get into our cycle, the powerplay generates some pretty good chances. Still too many shots getting blocked or hitting the glass though but I like how we pass int he cycle.

7) I'm not too worried about the third period. If we have a three goal lead, playing like that for a period's not that big a deal. Just don't make it a habit when we're up by 1 or less.

8) We tried to start a "We want Grossman" chant in the back row of section B after the third goal, but there are too many freshmen around us who didn't understand it to participate, so it never caught on.

Overall great weekend, and I know it's early, but a strong next weekend could go a long way to getting an at large NCAA bid if we fall short in the conference.

Have to agree with point #4. I pointed that out last weekend and people jumped on me. Nash just looks lost. He turns the puck over and twice took big slappers from the point right into a dartmouth player's shin pads that could've easily led to a breakaway...I think B. Nash stepping up his play is the single biggest hope we have to be good. He's got some real offensive talent (something we haven't seen on the blue line really since Charlie Cook), but has become a big liability. If he can get his act together (like he did in the Western Ontario game) we become a lot more dangerous...

Posted by: sah67 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2008 11:33AM

ebilmes
A few of us were talking this weekend about the team two years ago, which started 7-0 before losing to Dartmouth...

I believe that should be 5-0 before the Dartmouth loss, 6-0 if you count the exhibition shellacking of York.

Posted by: Flyers1037 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 03:11PM

Ronald '09

I saw him come back onto the bench with about 5 or 7 minutes left in the game, so based on that, I would say nothing serious.

Posted by: BMac (132.236.181.---)
Date: November 23, 2008 04:17PM

When was the last time we saw our guys deliver those sorts of hits? Greening had a humongous open ice hit in the first, and Ross was absolutely pounding on guys.

Not to belabor the point, but this was the first time I've seen Cornell look like the '04-'05 team since... 04-05. Huge defense, big hits, strong forecheck, great goalie who saw very few overall shots that came in flurries, and an opportunistic offense. Barlow played the role of young Topher Scott, absolutely flying on the ice and playing with great heart.

Colin Greening, despite no goals, was hands down the best player out there. He's faster, stronger, bigger, and better than everyone else. Unbelievable play from him, he's a monster.

Posted by: CUontheslopes (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 04:22PM

BMac
When was the last time we saw our guys deliver those sorts of hits? Greening had a humongous open ice hit in the first, and Ross was absolutely pounding on guys.

Not to belabor the point, but this was the first time I've seen Cornell look like the '04-'05 team since... 04-05. Huge defense, big hits, strong forecheck, great goalie who saw very few overall shots that came in flurries, and an opportunistic offense. Barlow played the role of young Topher Scott, absolutely flying on the ice and playing with great heart.

Colin Greening, despite no goals, was hands down the best player out there. He's faster, stronger, bigger, and better than everyone else. Unbelievable play from him, he's a monster.

I had that same feeling...very much looked 04-05like...

Have to agree with you 100% on Greening - he is incredibly strong on his skates and was hands down the best player on the ice. As you said he's bigger, faster and stronger than everyone else - he just looks like a man amongst boys. Whereas, Riley Nash disappears for big chunks of the game, Greening does not. He's there and he's a presence. He's the best forward I've seen since Moulson.

Date: November 23, 2008 04:56PM

Sorry to steal your work, Mark, but this one definitely had to be seen...and should definitely somehow be put into use on signs for all future Dartmouth games.

Caption contest anyone?

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: November 23, 2008 05:23PM

"Dartmouth Hockey. Worse than stomach ulcers."

Date: November 23, 2008 05:24PM

BMac
Barlow played the role of young Topher Scott, absolutely flying on the ice and playing with great heart.

Totally agree, considering that last year coach had to sit him down to get his head back into it, I was considering posting him as most improved player. He has done everything I would expect, most importantly playing hard the whole game.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 23, 2008 05:52PM

sah67
Sorry to steal your work, Mark, but this one definitely had to be seen...and should definitely somehow be put into use on signs for all future Dartmouth games.

Caption contest anyone?
I'm gonna take my puck and go home!

Date: November 23, 2008 06:36PM

sah67

Caption contest anyone?

I think I particularly enjoy the woman behind Gaudet with the "Oh no he didn't" face, and the man next to her snapping the photo of his tantrum (or at least that's how it appears).

Date: November 23, 2008 06:51PM

"OH HA HA HA HA HA, THAT GALLAGHER IS SOMETHING ELSE!"

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: November 23, 2008 06:58PM

sah67

Caption contest anyone?

Who...does...#2...work for?

Posted by: Will (---.citlabs.cornell.edu)
Date: November 23, 2008 08:27PM

"You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!"

Date: November 23, 2008 10:26PM

"I CANNOT believe that it's not butter!"

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: November 23, 2008 10:55PM

Pretty good comments all around. Here's a few off the top of my tired head.

Krueger is so flippin' good in our zone. He's pretty much at the point now where I can put him in that class of CU d-men I revere along with guys like Burgoyne, Bell, and Cook. He just seems to ALWAYS make the right decision. He broke up one of the few odd-man rushes this weekend by making a wonderfully timed, fully-prone slide.

There were a couple of gigantic stand-em-up hits by Kary early on vs. Dartmouth. His style (what I've seen of it) is reminiscent of Hornby in the way he lines up his hit and missles to it.

Ross got an impressive amount of ice time, and I like the way he's handling it. At this point in the season, I like the number of freshman who are looking really comfortable out there already.

Maybe it's the result of the defensive injuries, but there was a ton of rotating defensive pairings. Initially, I thought I'd want defensemen to have a set partner that they get used to, but now I kind of like this.

The Devins have been quiet to me, but Joe found himself a couple nice scoring positions. Wasn't able to cash in, but if he keeps that work up, the goals will come.

The Kennedys are everywhere.

I was a critic last year, so I'm happy to admit how less nervous I am with Scrivens in net. He's obviously put in a lot of work style-wise, and now he's using his nervous energy in directing puck deflections rather than leaping and wandering. :-) While I'd like to see Garman/Davenport get some real-game experience (maybe some non-conference opponent: Niagara? UMass?) I have no problem with Scrivens being the clear #1.

I saw a lot of good things on special teams. It's clear to me that successful Schafer teams are ones that are dominant on special teams. The failures have always centered on the lack of PK/PP performance. I saw creativity, and in the 2nd period vs. Dartmouth a lot more speed in terms of vision and passing.

That was one heck of a moment when the crowd rose as one during the flurry as the late 5x3 expired. No need to say "townies up" for times like that.

Lots of reason for optimism. This was a significant weekend, not for just the league points, but really it seemed to be a statement of where this team is looking to go. While last year had a lot of "one step forward, two steps back" weekends, this one was a decision-point between progression and regression, and it's clear that there's a lot of progress as the season has developed. Our opponents simply did not have more than a couple of grade-A scoring chances at all. A WCHA team is a good test for that right now, and will expose things we need to work on. If the team continues to gel as it seems they have started to, it could be a fun spring.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2008 11:25PM

"I don't know why we're yelling!"

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 09:14AM

cbuckser
The series at North Dakota reminds me of the November 2001 trip to BU, in which Cornell showed that it could play with the best teams in the country.
Cornell has had several of these "breakout" opportunities during the Schafer era. Sometimes they've made the most of it (the Lynah sweep of BU in 2002 being the best example), sometimes they've fallen on their faces (Florida in December 2002, which turned out not to matter but at the time felt like a disaster) and sometimes it's been a mixed bag (the trip to BU in 2001, where they outplayed the Terriers and lost and then were outplayed and won, and the split in Estero in December 2006).

BU was 11th in the country when Cornell (then 7th) swept them. North Dakota is having an atypically down year, 20th coming into last weekend. Cornell was 14th before this past weekend and may move up 2-3 spots.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 09:16AM by Trotsky.

Potentially dirty hit
Date: November 24, 2008 10:28AM

From today's IJ:

Ithaca Journal
Ross was injured in the third period on a collision with forechecking Dartmouth winger Rob Pitchard. No penalty was called on the play, but Schafer said the video tells a different story.

“We'll send it in (to the league office) for supplemental discipline,” he said. “It was definitely knee-to-knee contact. We'll see what happens.”

Ross returned to the game about 10 minutes later, but was used sparingly.

“It was just a little sore,” Schafer added. “We kept him out for precautionary (reasons).

Anyone see this hit?

Re: Potentially dirty hit
Posted by: RichH (155.104.37.---)
Date: November 24, 2008 10:33AM

sah67
From today's IJ:

Ithaca Journal
Ross was injured in the third period on a collision with forechecking Dartmouth winger Rob Pitchard. No penalty was called on the play, but Schafer said the video tells a different story.

“We'll send it in (to the league office) for supplemental discipline,” he said. “It was definitely knee-to-knee contact. We'll see what happens.”

“It was just a little sore,” Schafer added. “We kept him out for precautionary (reasons).

Anyone see this hit?

Yeah. I'd agree that it seemed like a knee-to-knee hit...at least that was my impression at the time. From what I remember, it was in a good amount of traffic, and I chalked it up to being "just one of those things" rather than anything particularly dirty. Ross skated off gingerly, but was back by the end of the game, as others have said.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: November 24, 2008 10:36AM

sah67
From today's IJ:

Ithaca Journal

Anyone see this hit?
The Redcast video missed it, since it was a ways behind the play and along the near boards, but the announcers definitely described it real-time as a knee-to-knee hit.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.crh.noaa.gov)
Date: November 24, 2008 10:40AM

Robb
sah67
From today's IJ:

Ithaca Journal

Anyone see this hit?
The Redcast video missed it, since it was a ways behind the play and along the near boards, but the announcers definitely described it real-time as a knee-to-knee hit.

Jason definitely stressed the knee-to-knee nature of the hit, and seemed to be expecting a penalty.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 11:03AM

Trotsky
cbuckser
The series at North Dakota reminds me of the November 2001 trip to BU, in which Cornell showed that it could play with the best teams in the country.
Cornell has had several of these "breakout" opportunities during the Schafer era. Sometimes they've made the most of it (the Lynah sweep of BU in 2002 being the best example), sometimes they've fallen on their faces (Florida in December 2002, which turned out not to matter but at the time felt like a disaster)...
I don't know that I recall that weekend feeling like a disaster. Lenny was away at the WJC, remember, so Marr was seeing his first ever action in college games; Maine came into the weekend 13-1-2 and #2 in the USCHO poll (Cornell was #3), though, to be fair, also without their starting goalie; and Ohio State was #11 and 12-4-1. This wasn't Princeton (that's 2002-03 3-26-2 Princeton, not 2008-09 defending ECAC champion Princeton) that Cornell was losing to. Plus we knew that Cornell had beaten OSU in their own barn at the beginning of the season, so there wasn't too much worry about that loss. And then Marr backstopped the sweep in the North Country the following weekend, so any panic there might have been went away fairly quickly.

Date: November 24, 2008 11:05AM

oceanst41
Robb
sah67
From today's IJ:

Ithaca Journal

Anyone see this hit?

Jason definitely stressed the knee-to-knee nature of the hit, and seemed to be expecting a penalty.
Even the homerish Dartmouth radio guys seemed surprised that no penalty was called, if I recall correctly; but then, they were on the refs all game long for the let-them-play style of officiating.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2008 12:39PM

Ronald '09

It's easy to find a few problems with the guy when he's on pretty much every other shift and almost always carries the puck out. The only time I thought he really looked bad was last Saturday against Colgate, but it turned out there was a very good reason for it. Don't mistake calmness with the puck as slowness or laziness. Most of the time he makes good decisions where his teammates would more likely be happy to get the red line and dump.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.innovestsystems.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 01:15PM

CowbellGuy
Ronald '09

It's easy to find a few problems with the guy when he's on pretty much every other shift and almost always carries the puck out. The only time I thought he really looked bad was last Saturday against Colgate, but it turned out there was a very good reason for it. Don't mistake calmness with the puck as slowness or laziness. Most of the time he makes good decisions where his teammates would more likely be happy to get the red line and dump.

I agree. Even the couple times I saw him last year he looked really solid in his own zone. From section G row 3 he looked to be skating the puck out of the zone very well during the harvard game.

There was one shift during the harvard game where he seemed to forget how to skate backwards though. He just fell over twice while backing up, no sticks, pucks, or people near him.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 01:59PM

Josh '99
I don't know that I recall that weekend feeling like a disaster. Lenny was away at the WJC, remember, so Marr was seeing his first ever action in college games; Maine came into the weekend 13-1-2 and #2 in the USCHO poll (Cornell was #3), though, to be fair, also without their starting goalie; and Ohio State was #11 and 12-4-1. This wasn't Princeton (that's 2002-03 3-26-2 Princeton, not 2008-09 defending ECAC champion Princeton) that Cornell was losing to. Plus we knew that Cornell had beaten OSU in their own barn at the beginning of the season, so there wasn't too much worry about that loss. And then Marr backstopped the sweep in the North Country the following weekend, so any panic there might have been went away fairly quickly.

I agree with you completely, Josh. Those were two good teams and we lost close games each day (3-2, 1-0). Marr only gave up 4 goals in the 2 games. If Scrivens was out for a weekend and Davenport or Garman gave up 2 goals each night, we'd call that a good performance given the circumstances. Cornell rebounded quickly and only lost one more game en route to the Frozen Four.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 02:05PM

CowbellGuy
Ronald '09

This sounds exactly like the pro/con argument that used to go on re: O'Byrne.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 02:25PM

ebilmes
Josh '99
Cornell rebounded quickly and only lost one more game en route to the Frozen Four.

No goal. Shoulda been a tie. cuss

Date: November 24, 2008 02:29PM

Chris '03
No goal. Shoulda been a tie. cuss
Lenny was interfered with.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2008 02:50PM

ebilmes
Josh '99

I agree with you completely, Josh. Those were two good teams and we lost close games each day (3-2, 1-0). Marr only gave up 4 goals in the 2 games.

Actually, Marr only gave up three goals, since the game-winner for Maine was an empty-netter scored when we were down 2-1 and had pulled him for the extra skater. I still say 1) he should have been all-tournament goalie and 2) he played better in the two losses in Florida than in the two wins in the North Country.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 24, 2008 03:01PM

In addition, Doug Murray delivered the biggest hit I have ever seen him deliver during his collegiate career in the consolation game, so it couldn't have been a complete disaster, save for his victim.

Date: November 24, 2008 03:13PM

Jordan 04
In addition, Doug Murray delivered the biggest hit I have ever seen him deliver during his collegiate career in the consolation game, so it couldn't have been a complete disaster, save for his victim.
Heh, I think I'd forgotten about that. Dude never saw him coming.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 03:44PM

Jordan 04
In addition, Douglas Murray delivered the biggest hit I have ever seen him deliver during his collegiate career in the consolation game, so it couldn't have been a complete disaster, save for his victim.
FYP.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 06:09PM

Kyle Rose
Jordan 04
In addition, Douglas Murray delivered the biggest hit I have ever seen him deliver during his collegiate career in the consolation game, so it couldn't have been a complete disaster, save for his victim.
FYP.
He was still Doug then.;-)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 07:02PM

Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Jordan 04
FYP.
No, he was always Douglas: he was just quiet about it then. :-D

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 07:43PM

Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Jordan 04
FYP.

Always Dougie to the people in my section, as in "Fuck 'em up Dougie!"

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2008 02:46AM

Kyle Rose
Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Jordan 04
FYP.
No, he was always Douglas: he was just quiet about it then. :-D

Is he also allowed to wear the snakeskin pants now that he's in the show?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 08:07AM

Al DeFlorio
Kyle Rose
Jordan 04
FYP.
Maybe Doug to those who didn't know him well and Douglas to his friends?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login