Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

North Dakota Sioux are DIRTY!! Why are we going to their house?

Posted by Oat 
North Dakota Sioux are DIRTY!! Why are we going to their house?
Posted by: Oat (---.c3-0.avec-ubr11.nyr-avec.ny.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 10, 2008 09:05PM

North Dakota hockey team is a bunch of no good street trash. I have always hated them.

Here are 5 different examples:

These idiots need to go back to elementary school and learn some manners. They should start at 3rd grade.

In a few weeks When we sweep them, there is going to be one more ugly youtube video.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 11:18AM by Oat.

Re: North Dakota Sioux are DIRTY thugs!!
Posted by: ben03 (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 10, 2008 11:32PM

i agree with you regarding their dirty play but think the clips you posted say more about the ineptitude of the WCHA officials and the fact that they condone this thug'ish play and don't/won’t punish it as the rules state they should.

here's to hoping UND doesn't resort to these tactics in a few weeks ... if only b/c the dreaded Don asshole Adam might just be on the ice.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:29PM

Well in "fairness" to the referee he did appear to have the original charge called for a penalty before all hell broke loose in the first video. My personal favorite part of that is when the the NoDak player that came out of the corner with the puck then took exception to a little chop from Wisconsin and threw a haymaker rather than continue playing.

In the end it appears 10 players (5 a side) each got 2 for roughing and a 10 min misconduct, with Kaip (who threw the first check) getting an extra 2 for roughing.

So the refs dropped the ball by only issuing 10 min misconducts, because everyone of these players was able to take the ice the next weekend (this was the Sat. night game).

The fights against Denver, Mankato, and Minnesota seem to have been handled a little more reasonably penalty wise. In each of those cases, 5 for fighting and game DQs were handed out to both sides.

However, three of those fights happened last season with the Sioux going 2-0-1 in those games, so I'm not saying they aren't dirty at times. ;-)

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:37PM

Weak. No goalie fights.

Safety goons.

Posted by: Oat (155.201.35.---)
Date: November 11, 2008 02:52PM

They were all afraid of Scrivens that's why. Everyone knows Ben Scrivens would floor these clowns in two seconds in any fight. panic

Posted by: JDeafv (---.mae.cornell.edu)
Date: November 11, 2008 04:28PM

Oat
They were all afraid of Scrivens that's why.
Have you seen the skinny kid under all the pads? fight

Date: November 24, 2008 04:32PM

ben03
i agree with you regarding their dirty play but think the clips you posted say more about the ineptitude of the WCHA officials and the fact that they condone this thug'ish play and don't/won’t punish it as the rules state they should.

here's to hoping UND doesn't resort to these tactics in a few weeks ... if only b/c the dreaded Don asshole Adam might just be on the ice.

I found this article. May be the program isn't that bad after all. Maybe it's just the coach (and a bit of the trickle-down effect). We will see.

[www.collegehockeynews.com]
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2008 04:35PM by Oat.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 04:42PM

Oat
ben03

I found this article. May be the program isn't that bad after all. Maybe it's just the coach (and a bit of the trickle-down effect). We will see.

Heh. "Hakstol and abusive."

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 24, 2008 05:01PM

Oat
ben03

Well, I would say that the coach is the main agent of "the program", but I suppose I understand your point. Either way, let's just hope we take the fight out of the Sioux this weekend with our play.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 24, 2008 05:09PM

I was fairly entertained reading the comments to the article, good 'ol Sioux/Gopher spat popcorn

North Dakota penalties 2008-2009
Posted by: lynah80 (---.MED.UPENN.EDU)
Date: November 24, 2008 10:26PM

Penalties/minutes
Cornell 35/70 6 games
N Dakota 103/217 12 games

Cornell will be on the PP a lot this weekend.

Re: North Dakota penalties 2008-2009
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2008 10:44PM

lynah80
Penalties/minutes
Cornell 35/70 6 games

That could depend on which conference's refs are calling the game.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Goon (---.cbp.dhs.gov)
Date: November 25, 2008 10:00AM

Cornell might or might not be on the PP a lot this weekend. The game will be called by WCHA officials so your team is going to have to make adjustments to WCHA style officiating. You never know the Big Red might find themselves killing a lot of penalties this weekend as well. In 10 league games UND has taken more penalties than their opponent only once.

Just for the record UND is not a team full of goons is actually taking less penalties for after the whistle altercations than last season, however, your team better be ready to hit there are a few guys Malone, Blood, Hextall that are going to be flying around finishing checks.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.crh.noaa.gov)
Date: November 25, 2008 10:52AM

Beeeej
lynah80
Penalties/minutes
Cornell 35/70 6 games

That could depend on which conference's refs are calling the game.

UND has played 10 conference games, with opponents taking 250 PIM vs. 195 PIM for UND. For the full schedule they have 94 PP chances vs. 72 PK attempts as well.

Cornell on the other hand has 6 conference (and total) games, taking 70 PIM of their own to their opponents 103 PIM. As well as 39 PP chances to 30 PK attempts.

When you look at it, both teams get 1.3 PP to every penalty they must kill. Just by looking at this, it seems the disparity in PIM comes from more matching penalties from the WCHA officials.

Either way, I'm looking forward to some hard hitting, clean checking games. I'm fine with Cornell's special teams, but I'd rather that not be the focus of the games, for either team. And Cornell will have their share of skaters ready to finish their checks. ;-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 10:53AM by oceanst41.

Date: November 25, 2008 11:00AM

Goon
Just for the record UND is not a team full of goons is actually taking less penalties for after the whistle altercations than last season, however, your team better be ready to hit there are a few guys Malone, Blood, Hextall that are going to be flying around finishing checks.
Never mind UND's guys; if Cornell doesn't come out ready to hit, they're going to have to face the wrath of their own coach! uhoh

Date: November 25, 2008 11:13AM

One other problem with the WCHA is that the league office FINALLY decided to call the games a little tighter, last year they let a lot of hooking, obstruction and holding go this year they haven't. In the past the WCHA had become the Western Obstruction league.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 11:21AM

Goon
your team better be ready to hit
Not really a problem.

Posted by: dragonfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 12:30PM

I cant think of one guy on our team that would not finish a hit,I think thats just there style of game.

Re: North Dakota Sioux are DIRTY!! Why are we going to their house?
Date: November 25, 2008 03:19PM

Is fighting allowed in the WCHA or is it not a 1-game suspension? I am pretty shocked with the number of fights involving UND players. In the 10 years I've been watching Cornell hockey, I can only think of 1.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:24PM

JDeafv
In the 10 years I've been watching Cornell hockey, I can only think of 1.

In two seconds I can think of Nickerson/Gleed '04 and Colgate/Cornell '00. I'm sure there have been others even if you don't include Red/White a few years ago.

I also have a clear memory of NoDak getting into it at Yale in November '02. Chris Higgins picked up a DQ that made him sit at Lynah and the NoDak radio guy was arguing with the fans at Ingalls on the air.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:27PM

Chris '03
JDeafv

In two seconds I can think of Nickerson/Gleed '04 and Colgate/Cornell '00. I'm sure there have been others even if you don't include Red/White a few years ago.

I also have a clear memory of NoDak getting into it at Yale in November '02. Chris Higgins picked up a DQ that made him sit at Lynah and the NoDak radio guy was arguing with the fans at Ingalls on the air.

Do you mean Nickerson/Varteressian?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 03:57PM by oceanst41.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:29PM

oceanst41
Chris '03
JDeafv

Do you mean Nickerson/Varteresian?
Also the Union brawl in 1998.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:31PM

Pretty good flame war going on on the UND-Cornell thread at USCHO.:-P

Date: November 25, 2008 03:33PM

Josh '99

Before my time. This is my 10th year, first started watching in 1999-2000.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:35PM

oceanst41
Chris '03
JDeafv

Yes.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:36PM

oceanst41

I didn't want to attempt to spell Varteresian and was too lazy to look it up, but that's the only one I remember.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:44PM

TimV

That thread gets good at the end of page 3.

I was trying to be nice over at siouxsports.com

Date: November 25, 2008 03:45PM

JDeafv
oceanst41
Do you mean Nickerson/Varteressian?

I didn't want to attempt to spell Varteressian and was too lazy to look it up, but that's the only one I remember.

I thought about that the second I hit "post" - and sure enough it's a double s.

So fixed our posts. whistle

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.innovestsystems.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:45PM

Cornell and Colgate got into it at the end of the game @ lynah in 2004.

the boxscore isn't available, but the USCHO recaplists the 3 game DQ's. 1 cornell and 2 colgate

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 25, 2008 03:49PM

It's S-V-O-B-O-D-A, Varteressian, Varteressian.

Date: November 25, 2008 03:58PM

The Nickerson/Varteresian incident wasn't really a fight. It was more a public beating.

Anyway, Varteresian was just an exception on the Cornell roster that year. It really was just a case of Varteresian being Varteresian and it was hardly a representation of the entire Cornell team.

NoDak, however, has a complete full team of uncontrollable inmates every year. Look at all those videos. Full-scale brawls anywhere, anytime, with anyone.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 25, 2008 04:03PM

TimV
I'm tempted to create an account just to join in on the fun...

Date: November 25, 2008 04:04PM

Jordan 04
It's S-V-O-B-O-D-A, Varteressian, Varteressian.

S-V-O-B-O-D-A, Roeszler, Roeszler just doesn't work as well.

Date: November 25, 2008 04:05PM

JDeafv
Josh '99

Before my time. This is my 10th year, first started watching in 1999-2000.
I'm not saying you should've remembered it, I'm just saying it happened. =]

Date: November 25, 2008 04:14PM

JDeafv

Top-line:
Barlow-Nash-Greening: Riley Nash was the highly recruited prospect who allegedly was down to North Dakota and Cornell when he went with Cornell to play with his older brother Brendan.
Really Jon? I think you need to check the spelling guide. twak

Date: November 25, 2008 04:21PM

JDeafv
Is fighting allowed in the WCHA or is it not a 1-game suspension? I am pretty shocked with the number of fights involving UND players. In the 10 years I've been watching Cornell hockey, I can only think of 1.

The first fight you get into the players recieve a game DQ, you are kicked out of that game and the next one, after each fight it goes up second fight that game and the next to...

Date: November 25, 2008 04:23PM

nr53
I'm tempted to create an account just to join in on the fun...

Haha, I am about to submit the password reminder, so I can login and participate.

And hey!! Our Elynah isn't a pathetic message board like they said :`-(

Date: November 25, 2008 06:03PM

Josh '99
JDeafv

Top-line:
Barlow-Nash-Greening: Riley Nash was the highly recruited prospect who allegedly was down to North Dakota and Cornell when he went with Cornell to play with his older brother Brendan.

You are right, I should be using the eLynah spelling guide while posting on siouxsports ... rolleyes

Date: November 25, 2008 06:44PM

JDeafv
Josh '99
JDeafv

Top-line:

You are right, I should be using the eLynah spelling guide while posting on siouxsports ... rolleyes
You mean you don't have a browser tab open to the spelling guide at all times, just in case you find yourself needing to type the word "syphilis"? :-D

Posted by: Willy '06 (38.98.164.---)
Date: November 26, 2008 09:50AM

I remember Hornby's making a UVM player bleed. I think it was during the '02-'03 season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login