Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

jersey

Posted by ajc69 
jersey
Posted by: ajc69 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2008 10:54AM

Hey guys, I'm a grad and I'm wondering if they have released last years game worn jerseys yet, I'm still hoping that I can grab topher's old jersey but I think I'm a touch late.
thanks

Re: jersey
Posted by: sah67 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2008 01:16PM

Bill Reynolds in the Teagle equipment room handles the game-worn jerseys, and usually sends out an email to those who have previously purchased jerseys when the new ones become available. I haven't received an Email yet, but seem to remember it usually happening around mid-November.

I'm sure someone will post on here when they are released...that is, unless that person is looking to score one of the more popular jerseys (e.g. Topher, Riley, etc.)

Date: October 27, 2008 01:26PM

haha, I got my bf's jersey in january and riley's was one of the only ones left... not sure how we lucked out there
I know I was on his email list last year, but I don't know that I'm still on it. Do you know if we can lay claim to a jersey or if I need to get an undergrad to run to teagle at my bidding to get the one I want?

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2008 02:47PM

I'm guessing you lucked into a Cam Abbott at best, or possibly even a Wieckowski that was left over. Riley's was gone within an hour of them becoming available. Check for the jersey's brand and location to figure out what year it's from.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.innovestsystems.com)
Date: October 27, 2008 02:55PM

CowbellGuy
I'm guessing you lucked into a Cam Abbott at best, or possibly even a Wieckowski that was left over. Riley's was gone within an hour of them becoming available. Check for the jersey's brand and location to figure out what year it's from.

Wasn't Riley a freshman last year, meaning they wouldn't have sold any of his jersey's last season?

Date: October 27, 2008 02:58PM

Dpperk29
CowbellGuy

Wasn't Riley a freshman last year, meaning they wouldn't have sold any of his jersey's last season?

That's what I thought...Riley's jersey wouldn't be available until Bill gets the 07-08 jerseys this year. I think Greening's went really fast last year, so maybe that's what Age was thinking of?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 03:06PM by sah67.

Date: October 27, 2008 03:01PM

ajc69
haha, I got my bf's jersey in january and riley's was one of the only ones left... not sure how we lucked out there
I know I was on his email list last year, but I don't know that I'm still on it. Do you know if we can lay claim to a jersey or if I need to get an undergrad to run to teagle at my bidding to get the one I want?

As Age already mentioned, if you got a #14 last January it wasn't Riley's. He was still playing in his jerseys at that point. If it wasn't a Cam Abbott (I'm pretty sure that all the Abbott brothers jerseys would have sold a while ago), it might have been an older player, or even an unused jersey from the seasons between Abbott and Nash. In some years, numbers are stitched onto jerseys but remain unused and end up with Bill in the equipment room.

Bill does sell jerseys that are not game-used and he will not inform you whether or not a certain player used that jersey...he only deals with numbers, not names.

Also...to answer your question, you can "reserve" a number once Bill makes them publicly available. You can't Email him ahead and ask him to hold onto one before he even gets them in. You do however have to pick them up promptly, usually within a week...I believe last year he said he would be willing to ship jerseys for a price, but if you know someone on campus, it's obviously a lot cheaper.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 03:03PM by sah67.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: October 27, 2008 03:11PM

couldn't 14 be Milo's? He was the last to wear the number before Riley and since he was only here a year and had limited playing time, it would make sense that his Jersey didn't sell.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: October 27, 2008 03:14PM

Yep, certainly could be Milo's. And no, I wasn't thinking. It obviously can in no way be Riley's. Again, if you tell us what brand the jersey is and where the label is located, we can probably figure out who it belonged to.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: October 27, 2008 03:29PM

FWIW, in 2005 Bill's e-mail went out on December 7th, and in 2006 it was November 30th. I wasn't in the market last year, so I don't know the date (which you also might interpret to mean that he only sends it to current year inquirers). Regardless, judging by the follow-up postings those days, once you get the e-mail, unless you don't care what number you get, don't sit on your duff waiting for a lull in your day to make the call to Bill. Oh, and for the $125 price tag those years, shipping was included, and the jerseys showed up just a few days after I'd mailed my checks.

BTW, I have Cam's red jersey from his senior year, so rule that one out of the #14 debate.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 27, 2008 03:59PM

Killer
FWIW, in 2005 Bill's e-mail went out on December 7th, and in 2006 it was November 30th. I wasn't in the market last year, so I don't know the date (which you also might interpret to mean that he only sends it to current year inquirers). Regardless, judging by the follow-up postings those days, once you get the e-mail, unless you don't care what number you get, don't sit on your duff waiting for a lull in your day to make the call to Bill. Oh, and for the $125 price tag those years, shipping was included, and the jerseys showed up just a few days after I'd mailed my checks.

BTW, I have Cam's red jersey from his senior year, so rule that one out of the #14 debate.

I thought the seniors got to keep both of their jerseys from their last season.

I have Cam's #14 away jersey from the 2004 season. B-]

Date: October 27, 2008 04:04PM

Yeah, I kinda figured, but hey I can fake it :) Thanks for the post, here's hoping maybe there is a topher jersey even though he was a senior...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login