Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Screw BU

Posted by Trotsky 
Screw BU
Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 23, 2011 09:51AM

Re: Screw BU
Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: November 23, 2011 10:12AM

Posted by: Chris '03 (38.104.240.---)
Date: November 23, 2011 10:19AM

Lest we forget the #3 women vs. #8 BU Friday night at Lynah in a Frozen Four rematch:

[www.uscho.com]

[www.uscho.com]

Date: November 23, 2011 10:30AM

From the Comments:

it was Rawlings blocking the door. He turned away Milan and a few others but his defensemen were nowhere to be found so everyone else got in.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2011 10:37AM

... Penn sucks.

Posted by: RichH (167.225.107.---)
Date: November 23, 2011 11:53AM

This was my entertainment for the past few minutes:

[twitter.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 25, 2011 05:43PM

This is a very rambling NY Times blog post, but there is a mention of "the massive presence of Cornell fans, in their Red and White."

[thequad.blogs.nytimes.com]

It focuses on "special events." No mention of the attendance figures for Yale-Sacred Heart last week or the draw at Germain Arena each year...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2011 05:44PM by RichH.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 26, 2011 04:21AM

[www.uscho.com]

Cornell vs. Boston University
Dave's pick: Cornell may be atop the ECAC, but I don't care. I really like the way BU has been playing of late.
BU 4 Cornell 2
Jim's pick: Red Hot Hockey once again lives up to its name.
BU 5, Cornell 4 (OT)

Those HEA pricks think they can beat us.flipd Let's get 'em today!

GO RED!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2011 04:24AM by ajh258.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.sub-174-252-118.myvzw.com)
Date: November 26, 2011 11:20PM

Horrible officiating... BU didn't deserve it, just like last time.

Posted by: css228 (---.sub-174-252-80.myvzw.com)
Date: November 26, 2011 11:31PM

ajh258
HEA refs... if this ever happens again neutral ice should mean neutral refs.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:10AM

The worst call of the day was the 2 minutes for Embellishment. I can see calling a dive if you AREN'T going to whistle the other guy for a ticky-tack foul... but if you agree that there is a penalty, an offsetting embellishment minor is bullshit.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.sub-166-248-0.myvzw.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:17AM

ugarte
The worst call of the day was the 2 minutes for Embellishment. I can see calling a dive if you AREN'T going to whistle the other guy for a ticky-tack foul... but if you agree that there is a penalty, an offsetting embellishment minor is bullshit.

Especially when the offender has a stick between his legs... he obviously fell for effect...

Date: November 27, 2011 12:20AM

Chris '03
ugarte

Especially when the offender has a stick between his legs... he obviously fell for effect...
Couldn't see what happened from my seat, but I'll take your word for it.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.sub-166-248-0.myvzw.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:24AM

ajh258
Chris '03
ugarte

Couldn't see what happened from my seat, but I'll take your word for it.

If it wasn't clear, I was being sarcastic and agreeing with ugarte. Though the interference call leading to the five on three could be called on almost any draw and was arguably worse than the phantom ddive call.

Posted by: MattShaf (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:27AM

Agree the call against Birch was the most egregious due to the timing. Play was right in front of us and was soft at best.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:30AM

ugarte

For better or worse, I have never seen an embellishment/diving minor in a Cornell game that didn't also have an accompanying actual minor. I agree with you. Just, I've seen this before.

Worst call of the day was the penalty that put us down 5x3. Apparently if a guy is holding your stick and you push him and he goes down, that's interference on you. Huh.

These were HEA refs? Jaysus. How do we go about fixing that?

Date: November 27, 2011 12:31AM

Dafatone
ugarte

For better or worse, I have never seen an embellishment/diving minor in a Cornell game that didn't also have an accompanying actual minor. I agree with you. Just, I've seen this before.

Worst call of the day was the penalty that put us down 5x3. Apparently if a guy is holding your stick and you push him and he goes down, that's interference on you. Huh.

Host Red Hot Hockey at Lynah. Every time.

Posted by: css228 (---.sub-174-252-80.myvzw.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 12:37AM

ajh258
Dafatone
ugarte

BU would never agree to it, but even if they did I'm not sure it'd help. The ECAC refs would probably forget to set up the video review equipment.

Date: November 27, 2011 12:51AM

css228
ajh258
Dafatone
ugarte

BU would never agree to it, but even if they did I'm not sure it'd help. The ECAC refs would probably forget to set up the video review equipment.
If I recall correctly, the incident of not setting the review camera was our staff's fault. In any case, I think they should use neutral refs from
CCHA or AIC.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 01:02AM

Neutral refs, or is there a possibility of one ECAC and one HEA ref? Maybe they prefer working with people they know.

That being said, ECAC refs are also often terrible.

Posted by: ScrewBU (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 01:06AM

ajh258

Hahahaha. Cornell could play BU 100 times, and BU wins 99 of those games but never once "deserves it." I guess when Cornell's players have no shot but tee it up right at a defender and he blocks it, that's a bad bounce. Or when they blindly drop the puck behind them but no one's there, that's bad luck. Or they forget the puck when they skate up the ice, that's just unlucky.

They can't stand up to the big boys. Can't win a big game, against a big team, or in a big building. Never could and never will. But blame the refs, seems like they cost us the game every year rolleyes

Posted by: Johnny 5 (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 07:44AM

ScrewBU
ajh258

Hahahaha. Cornell could play BU 100 times, and BU wins 99 of those games but never once "deserves it." I guess when Cornell's players have no shot but tee it up right at a defender and he blocks it, that's a bad bounce. Or when they blindly drop the puck behind them but no one's there, that's bad luck. Or they forget the puck when they skate up the ice, that's just unlucky.

They can't stand up to the big boys. Can't win a big game, against a big team, or in a big building. Never could and never will. But blame the refs, seems like they cost us the game every year rolleyes

Hmmm,...we'll see. 4 seniors & 10 freshmen?
No, it didn't help for the D to be standing around flat-footed watching BU cycle the puck during OT.
I screamed at the TV, "Jesus Christ, hit somebody will you!!" (that usually works) just as BU scored the winner.
But, we had 'em in periods 2 & 3. And, those 10 freshmen are only going to get better for us, unless they jump to the NHL.
So, be cocky while you still can all you CU naysayers. The commentator was right. Ferlin may be the best frosh in the country and the rest aren't far behind.
So, screw BU & Hahvahd, too. Cornell is going to be a team to be reckoned with. And, the refs be damned.

flipd

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:16AM

ScrewBU
ajh258

I understand you are trying to balance things out a bit but you don't have to do it in such a jerky way. First off, I hardly think BU wins 99 of 100 games against this Cornell team. I thought we had the better of the play last night and gave BU all that they could handle. It was really something to be able to do that, as was said many times during the broadcast, with 10 freshmen.

The ref's were not great. I generally am not one that believes referees are out and out biased but the 5 on 3 interferance and the embellishment call were on the edge, judgment calls that showed that the ref's at the very least, had no concern about coming across as favoring their home league. They deserve this morning to be called homers for having made unnecessary calls that went way above and beyond and ultimately benefitted their home league team. Maybe those calls are okay if they are made both ways but they were not last night.

The non-goal was the right call. It was clear that the ref lost sight of the puck and one can clearly hear the whistle before the puck falls into the goal. On an emotional level it certainly makes me hate the zebras more, but it was really just an unfortunate event that contributed towards a frustrating result.

It really appeared that the color guy, Jaffe was almost too excited that it was not a goal. He really pissed me off all night and seemed to go out of his way to understate the Cornell fan support and overstate the BU fan base. A lot of irritating little things but maybe its just me....

I'm obviously unhappy with the result this morning but I'm really excited about the team and the future. It seems that recruiting has taken a real step up and I agree that this team, and hopefully the program longer term, is showing signs that it can attract talent like the big teams.

We should have won this game and deserved it a bit more, just a bit more but not a lot more, than BU.

In my opinion, Brian Ferlin, a freshman, was the best player on the ice last night.

We have our goalie. The kid is damn, damn good and without the 5 on 3 bs call and goal, maybe posts another shut-out.

Love Joakim Ryan.

Dagostino is back next year as well

This is a good team that is going to be really, really good by the end of the year and there is no need to bring out that "Can't win a big game, against a big team, or in a big building. Never could and never will" crap. I can understand saying crap like that if it was a choke, but this was not a choke. This was a really good performance where some bounces went against us. We just have to live with that. Maybe this result hurts us somewhere down the line this year, but I'm going to say that the positives from the performance by this young team far outweighs the negatives from the loss.

This is going to be a fun run.
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2011 09:21AM by Redscore.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:33AM

ajh258
css228
ajh258
Dafatone
ugarte

If I recall correctly, the incident of not setting the review camera was our staff's fault. In any case, I think they should use neutral refs from
CCHA or AIC.
As I remember, the rule is that the equipment has to be set up by the referees, and I'd be surprised if it was our staff because it happened TWICE last year (vs. Yale, and vs. QPac in the ECAC playoffs). I seriously doubt our rink staff would have made that mistake twice in one season. Either way, I totally agree that there should have been CCHA or AHA refs for neutral ice.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.sub-174-252-16.myvzw.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:56AM

Redscore
ScrewBU
ajh258

I understand you are trying to balance things out a bit but you don't have to do it in such a jerky way.
Good post, but don't worry about this guy. He's just a troll.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 10:29AM

Observations from my perch way up in Section 411:

1. I was struck how differently this game played out from the first two editions of RHH. In 2007 BU was simply far faster and more skilled. In 2009 there was still a contrast in styles, but we were a better, more experienced team than in 2007 and were able to play with them. Last night I thought BU had morphed into Cornell -- a lot of size, blocking a lot of shots, outstanding goaltending, playing it close to the vest. They still have some very talented guys, but no one who made your eyes pop out. Cornell, while still playing classic Schafer hockey, has more skilled players throughout the lineup than since the FF team. Iles certainly found his groove and looks to be developing into the big-time goalie that we've been expecting.

2. As others have commented, Ferlin's potential seems unlimited -- a big strong kid who skates well and has quick hands and great hockey awareness. I don't know if he's the best Freshman in the country (I know the kid from Minnesota is scoring in droves), but there can't be many better. None of the other Frosh seemed to have any stage fright and all looked like they belonged.

3. Agreed with another comment that there were a number of occasions where we tended to make one pass too many and lose a good scoring opportunity. But that often happens when a team is having a lot of shots blocked and is up against a hot goalie.

4. The biggest disappointment was our power play. We had some good movement, but BU did a great job clogging the passing lanes down low and blocking shots from the point. I think we have the right ingredients, so I'm not too concerned about it.

5. The officiating was bad, but I did think the whistle had blown before the puck went into the net on the no-goal call. My bigger gripe was with the call to Birch leading to the 5 x 3, and a number of non-calls on obvious infractions.

6. While the loss was disappointing, I'm left with feeling of great optimism for the remainder of this season, not to mention the future of the program. We should be at or near the top of the ECAC, and an NCAA birth is a legitimate goal.

Posted by: Ben (158.143.162.---)
Date: November 27, 2011 10:49AM

scoop85
Iles certainly found his groove and looks to be developing into the big-time goalie that we've been expecting.
What you're trying to say is that he is The Answer.

Screw BU
Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 11:10AM

Watching the broadcast on TV I've got to say that it sounded like a home game. The announcers were saying things like they thought the split was 60-40 Cornell, but it definitely didn't sound like that at all. Great job to those of you that were in attendance!

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 11:18AM

andyw2100
Watching the broadcast on TV I've got to say that it sounded like a home game. The announcers were saying things like they thought the split was 60-40 Cornell, but it definitely didn't sound like that at all. Great job to those of you that were in attendance!

No question, of the three RHH games, this was the most pro-Cornell crowd.

Posted by: mikek (---.insight.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 11:43AM

Heart breaking loss. I thought Cornell outplayed BU for much of the game, especially the 2nd and 3rd periods, but we just didn't have the shooting touch we've had so far this season. Lots of shots into blocks and wide of the net.

I don't think the officiating was quite as bad as some do. The 5x3 call was a bit harsh considering the situation and the way they let a lot of things go the rest of the game. There was also a clear trip of Jillson as he came into the BU zone in the third period that wasn't called. I think both reviews were handled correctly, but I'm not sure the play on the second one was... I was at a BWW and had no sound so I can't comment on when the whistle blew, but the ref put it to his mouth well before the puck went in and he immediately waved it off when it did. Impossible to tell if it hit the netting to justify the whistle. As much as I want to complain about it, the players had all stopped playing by the point it went it so I think its hard to argue for it to count.

I thought Iles played extremely well again and could have easily had a shutout again. Both goals were just unstoppable, especially the OT goal. It was a nasty deflection of a low one timer that was heading for the corner boards. Deflected high into the far corner of the net and Iles never had a chance to see it. The whole BU sequence that led to the winning goal was setup by a terrible neutral zone turnover, which Cornell had done a good job of avoiding for most of the game.

Overall we showed we can play with a top team and hopefully the team will be able to build off this for the future and we'll get to see a rematch this spring.

Posted by: css228 (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 03:19PM

On a more positive note than lingering on the bad bounces, what if we renewed this series in two years time with an outdoor game at Schoellkopf? Only problem with the idea is since BU doesn't have football and the game couldn't be reciprocated, I'm not sure they'd be willing to do it.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 03:27PM

Based on pucks-that-got-past-the-goalie, I thought Cornell deserved the win. Based on the overall play, I don't. I thought Cornell looked tentative and sloppy most of the night. The passing and shooting ranged from inaccurate to random and whenever a pass was on target the recipient seemed surprised that the puck had been passed to him, so he mishandled it. Meanwhile, BU was MUCH more aggressive going after the puck. It seemed like all of the Cornell players would wait for the puck to get to them only to have a Terrier rush to it first.

And the next whip around the boards that a Cornell defenseman on the point keeps in the offensive zone will be the first.

I'm disappointed that Cornell didn't steal a win because of Iles and a quick whistle but I'm actually kind of surprised that this one even came down to a blown call. If I didn't know better from reading what everyone else has been saying all year, I'd have thought this was a team that focused on defense.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 05:41PM

ugarte
Meanwhile, BU was MUCH more aggressive going after the puck. It seemed like all of the Cornell players would wait for the puck to get to them only to have a Terrier rush to it first.

Funny thing is that the BU radio guys, to whom I had to listen due to continued Redcast incompetence, felt that Cornell was doing a great job beating BU to the puck, especially in the 2nd period. Jaundiced Carnelian glasses, perhaps?

Posted by: dbilmes (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 08:48PM

css228
On a more positive note than lingering on the bad bounces, what if we renewed this series in two years time with an outdoor game at Schoellkopf? Only problem with the idea is since BU doesn't have football and the game couldn't be reciprocated, I'm not sure they'd be willing to do it.
You wouldn't get 20,000 fans at Schoellkopf on Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend. And you also have the added expense of putting a hockey rink down at the stadium. It's also going to help recruiting more by promising the players a chance to play at MSG. That's a more glamorous site than Schoellkopf. And of course BU has no incentive to agree to it.

Posted by: css228 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:13PM

dbilmes
css228
You wouldn't get 20,000 fans at Schoellkopf on Saturday night of Thanksgiving weekend. And you also have the added expense of putting a hockey rink down at the stadium. It's also going to help recruiting more by promising the players a chance to play at MSG. That's a more glamorous site than Schoellkopf. And of course BU has no incentive to agree to it.
Not Thanksgiving weekend obviously. And you think they wouldn't want to play an outdoor game? Honestly my true dream scenario is that we play one at Lynah, one at Aggannis, and the third year at MSG (making it an annual series), but BU will never agree with that.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:19PM

dbilmes
css228

Lynah is a more glamorous site than Schoellkopf. The only outdoor game I'd be interested in seeing Cornell and BU play would be in conjunction with a Winter Classic someplace like Yankee Stadium or Citi Field. Otherwise, I'd prefer to see the series go back to campus rinks, which we haven't done since BU was still playing in Walter Brown Urinal.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:27PM

css228
dbilmes
css228
Not Thanksgiving weekend obviously. And you think they wouldn't want to play an outdoor game? Honestly my true dream scenario is that we play one at Lynah, one at Aggannis, and the third year at MSG (making it an annual series), but BU will never agree with that.

Why not? We played two game series at Walter Brown in November 2001 and Lynah in November 2002.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.par.clearwire-wmx.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 09:40PM

jtwcornell91
Why not? We played two game series at Walter Brown in November 2001 and Lynah in November 2002.

“I think it was men playing with boys, both nights.” --Jack Parker, 2002

Date: November 27, 2011 10:24PM

jtwcornell91
css228
dbilmes
css228

I heard that RHH might not even be renewed after this edition. I find it hard to imagine BU would commit to playing every year if they can't even commit to playing every other year.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 27, 2011 10:41PM

css228
I heard that RHH might not even be renewed after this edition. I find it hard to imagine BU would commit to playing every year if they can't even commit to playing every other year.
See Adam's comment on this subject in the "Not a goal" thread posted eight minutes after yours above.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 10:49PM

dbilmes
It's also going to help recruiting more by promising the players a chance to play at MSG. That's a more glamorous site than Schoellkopf. And of course BU has no incentive to agree to it.

I'm not sure BU has any incentive to agree to another MSG game.

Date: November 27, 2011 10:50PM

Al DeFlorio
css228
See Adam's comment on this subject in the "Not a goal" thread posted eight minutes after yours above.
Good news, now let's make it annual with every 3rd year at MSG, it'd be a great way to capitalize on the revitalization of this rivalry. I know nobody here wants to wait 2 more years to get another shot at them.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 27, 2011 11:44PM

css228
Hockey outdoors could be wonderful... at an outdoor hockey rink. Not in a baseball stadium, or a football stadium, or a soccer pitch.

Date: November 28, 2011 12:21AM

Kyle Rose
css228
Hockey outdoors could be wonderful... at an outdoor hockey rink. Not in a baseball stadium, or a football stadium, or a soccer pitch.
Well I didn't think they'd go for Beebe Lake

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-252-54.myvzw.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 07:53AM

ithacat
dbilmes
It's also going to help recruiting more by promising the players a chance to play at MSG. That's a more glamorous site than Schoellkopf. And of course BU has no incentive to agree to it.

Doesn't $$$$=incentive in most programs? Wonder what the schools receive for a sellout.

Date: November 28, 2011 08:25AM

css228
Al DeFlorio
css228
Good news, now let's make it annual with every 3rd year at MSG, it'd be a great way to capitalize on the revitalization of this rivalry. I know nobody here wants to wait 2 more years to get another shot at them.

Presumably both schools make more money by scheduling every two years at MSG. If it was going to be annual it would make sense to do every two years at MSG with the middle year alternating between Lynah and Aggannis. Personally I'd prefer to leave it as it is, and on the off-year rotate through other "lost" rivals as practical (BC, UNH, Providence, UVM, NU...)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.c3-0.smr-ubr2.sbo-smr.ma.static.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 09:27AM

Trotsky
on the off-year rotate through other "lost" rivals as practical (BC, UNH, Providence, UVM, NU...)
...Colgate... :-)

Date: November 28, 2011 09:52AM

Kyle Rose
Trotsky
on the off-year rotate through other "lost" rivals as practical (BC, UNH, Providence, UVM, NU...)
...Colgate... :-)
The only thing more depressing than an NC game against Colgate is an NC game against Colgate at Nassau Coliseum.

Posted by: Swampy (131.128.163.---)
Date: November 28, 2011 11:49AM

Trotsky
css228
Al DeFlorio
css228

Presumably both schools make more money by scheduling every two years at MSG. If it was going to be annual it would make sense to do every two years at MSG with the middle year alternating between Lynah and Aggannis. Personally I'd prefer to leave it as it is, and on the off-year rotate through other "lost" rivals as practical (BC, UNH, Providence, UVM, NU...)

Following the logic here, as much as people like to travel to Florida in December, an Xmas hockey tournament in MSG would make more dough and allow a wider cross section of students and alumni to attend. Perhaps we could do BU and the Harkness Cup in MSG in alternate years.

As for "lost" rivals, I'd like to see BC and "those NoDak characters" ;-) on our schedule.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 11:52AM by Swampy.

Posted by: marty (---.sub-174-252-54.myvzw.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 12:12PM

Swampy
Trotsky
css228
Al DeFlorio
css228

Following the logic here, as much as people like to travel to Florida in December, an Xmas hockey tournament in MSG would make more dough and allow a wider cross section of students and alumni to attend. Perhaps we could do BU and the Harkness Cup in MSG in alternate years.

As for "lost" rivals, I'd like to see BC and "those NoDak characters" ;-) on our schedule.

Been there, done that. Was it 1974? I forget.nut
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 12:13PM by marty.

Posted by: css228 (---.sub-174-252-42.myvzw.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 01:17PM

marty
Swampy
Trotsky
css228
Al DeFlorio
css228

Been there, done that. Was it 1974? I forget.nut
Word is were trying to get Michigan to come out east but they want us to pay for a chartrered flight. So in other words its not going to happen. And they definitely make more money every other year at MSG but as someone who grew up in a family that's seen a ton of Cornell Hockey, I'd love to see them at the same place my uncles and dad watched epic ECAC battles.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2011 01:53PM by css228.

Date: November 28, 2011 01:23PM

css228
And they definitely make more money evry other year at MSG but as someone who grew up in a family that's seen a ton of Cornell Hockey, I'd love to see them at the same place my uncles and dad watched epic ECAC battles.
Boston Garden is gone forever.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 28, 2011 02:11PM

Scersk '97
Funny thing is that the BU radio guys, to whom I had to listen due to continued Redcast incompetence...
They've now archived the BU gamescrewy, I suppose to demonstrate yet more incompetence. It's great if, for some bizarre reason, you want to hear WCBS radio's Saturday night broadcast.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 28, 2011 09:41PM

marty
ithacat
dbilmes

Doesn't $$$$=incentive in most programs? Wonder what the schools receive for a sellout.

Sure does...and that's a good question. I have no idea how the money shakes out.

From a recruiting perspective it doesn't seem BU stands much to gain from the MSG game. They're going to get their high-end studs regardless. As far as the rivalry goes it appears it means more to Cornell fans than it does to BU fans -- for the players? Cornell needs to be able to win to make it matter.

Wife and I have made 2 of the 3 and have had a blast each time. I hope the schools choose to continue Red Hot Hockey. This quote from today's Daily Sun was encouraging:

“As a coach, I get to come down here again in another couple of years, but as a player that opportunity is gone,” Schafer said.

Posted by: ugarte (66.9.23.---)
Date: November 29, 2011 11:54AM

Trotsky
I like the first idea; I don't need the variety of opponents. BU needs to regain its status as a genuine rival instead of the rivalry-as-inside-joke that Cornell fans share. I want them to hate us too.

Date: November 29, 2011 01:45PM

ugarte
Trotsky
I like the first idea; I don't need the variety of opponents. BU needs to regain its status as a genuine rival instead of the rivalry-as-inside-joke that Cornell fans share. I want them to hate us too.
They're never going to hate us again. We're non-conference and not in Boston (hence non-existent). I will settle for them resenting us for beating them 7 or 8 times in a row.

Posted by: Swampy (---.219.128.131.dhcp.uri.edu)
Date: November 29, 2011 05:48PM

Trotsky
ugarte
Trotsky
They're never going to hate us again. We're non-conference and not in Boston (hence non-existent). I will settle for them resenting us for beating them 7 or 8 times in a row.

Then they will hate us, especially if four of the 8 times are at the finals of the FF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login