Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

What happend to "Go Start The Bus"?

Posted by WillCMJr 
What happend to "Go Start The Bus"?
Posted by: WillCMJr (---.bing.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2008 12:05AM

How and why did it change to "warm up the bus"? Our chants are tradition. "warm" is used elsewhere, it's definitely not nearly as cool if it's a copy-cat cheer.

Re: What happend to "Go Start The Bus"?
Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 05, 2008 01:01PM

I don't know how it changed, but I agree that "Go start the bus" is a better cheer.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 05, 2008 01:14PM

Josh '99
I don't know how it changed, but I agree that "Go start the bus" is a better cheer.

Unless we are playing (and beating) Army and it becomes "Go start the tank!". :)

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 05, 2008 01:23PM

Rita
Josh '99

Unless we are playing (and beating) Army and it becomes "Go start the tank!". :)

And of course the Boston variant: "Go staahhht tha caaaahhhh!" Which is proof that the "start" version is more useful than the "warm" version.

Whatever. Kids will do what they want. This is just evidence that hockey cheers remain one of the great examples of oral tradtion in our society. Things change, evolve/devolve as classes pass through. Just as the emphasis of the "Frus-TRAAAAA-ted" cheer has changed to "FRUS-trated" and the "remote control sieve" thing has just turned into an excuse to yell "bend over!" There are a lot more important things to get worked up about, IMO.

Posted by: KP '06 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: March 05, 2008 05:06PM

Personally, I think "Warm up the keg!" is good for Dartmouth. :-P

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2008 07:31PM

What the heck does it matter? Do you usually get worked up over synonyms?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2008 08:14PM

DeltaOne81
What the heck does it matter? Do you usually get worked up over synonyms?

I could say, "Are you new around here? Of course those things matter.", but then I know better.bugeye

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2008 10:21PM

Whichever one, we haven't heard it a lot because it applies only for victories at home. (Syn: short supply)

Date: March 06, 2008 01:46AM

Tradition

And it irritates me that a bunch of kids who can't even bother to be in their seats by the start of the game are f***ing with it.

Posted by: KenP (---.nws.noaa.gov)
Date: March 06, 2008 07:30AM

WillCMJr
Tradition

And it irritates me that a bunch of kids who can't even bother to be in their seats by the start of the game are f***ing with it.
Didn't you realize it's a tradition now to show up in the middle of the 1st period?

Posted by: redice (---.154.223.103.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 08:29AM

KenP
WillCMJr
Tradition

Didn't you realize it's a tradition now to show up in the middle of the 1st period?

It sure appears to be!! cuss

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 11:45AM

KenP
WillCMJr
Tradition

Yet again, a strong argument for general admission.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 12:30PM

KeithK
But then Athletics wouldn't be guaranteed a sellout every game! uhoh

Kyle

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 01:05PM

krose
KeithK
But then Athletics wouldn't be guaranteed a sellout every game! uhoh

Kyle

Actually you could sell general admission season tickets. No different than they do now, only if you want section A or B, you'd have to get there early every game. Now maybe if they did that the demand for season tickets would go down, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 01:10PM

Jim Hyla
Actually you could sell general admission season tickets. No different than they do now, only if you want section A or B, you'd have to get there early every game. Now maybe if they did that the demand for season tickets would go down, but I'm not sure.

Well, a lot of the current 'demand' for season tickets is due to fans getting 2-3 other people to get line numbers for them, so they can use the best one to get the best seats. So I think demand would go down.

Most importantly, though, I think athletics is concerned about the overcrowding in a GA system. Most people would try to crowd into A and B, and they'd have to do some serious crowd control.

Posted by: jeh25 (128.148.166.---)
Date: March 06, 2008 02:17PM

WillCMJr
Tradition

And I assume you also have a lawn they should be getting off of... maybe 100mg of thorazine would help.

Date: March 06, 2008 02:30PM

Poop Is Brown

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 06, 2008 02:32PM

jeh25
WillCMJr
Tradition

And I assume you also have a lawn they should be getting off of... maybe 100mg of thorazine would help.

Should we have a poll to chose who gets to use this image for his/her avatar? :-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2008 03:42PM by Rita.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.soc.cornell.edu)
Date: March 06, 2008 03:19PM

To be fair though, many people I talk to find section D and even some of E (incorrectly) to be equally as appealing as sections A or B. I would expect section G and parts of E and F to have a little extra leg room, while A, B, and D would be full, but necessarily to the point of over capacity.

The AD ought to experiment with general admission for at least once season, just to see how it works out.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 03:26PM

<i>The AD ought to experiment with general admission for at least once season, just to see how it works out.</i>

I thought we tried general admission by section in 1992-93 or 1993-94. I didn't care much for it because people would take your seat if you went to the restroom. And this was when the team was terrible.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 06, 2008 03:41PM

nyc94
The AD ought to experiment with general admission for at least once season, just to see how it works out.

I thought we tried general admission by section in 1992-93 or 1993-94. I didn't care much for it because people would take your seat if you went to the restroom. And this was when the team was terrible.
Yep, it was GA by section in one or two the mid nineties years. I think 93-94, maybe 94-95. I personally liked it, because it meant you got good seats if you showed up early and the latecomers get to sit in less ideal spots.

As for people taking your seats, just make sure you have friends around (whether you came with them or not) to protect your seats. I never had a problem with this. Or you could just go before the game...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login