Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - March 2008

Posted by Rita 
Alumni in the Pros - March 2008
Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 10:45PM

Both #3s are playing tonight in the Shark tank.

It isn't even 5 minutes into the game and it is already 2-1 Sharks. Both Murray and OB are even thus far.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - March 2008
Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 11:12PM

O'Byrne goal! Just turned on the TV, he ties it at 2 in the 1st!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 03, 2008 11:23PM

That was a nice goal.

Date: March 04, 2008 12:22AM

Several pretty goals in this game (especially Montreal's 3rd goal with the 1 touch passing). Murray was on the ice for the OB goal (which tied the game at 2). OB got the puck through a lot of traffic that included a Hab, Murray and I think new shark Bryan Campbell. I do not think Nabakov got a good look at it.

With Chris Higgins, there are three former Ivy leaguers on the ice tonight.

On a bit of a tangent, the Verizon Center in DC is a lot brighter tonight... the Capitals lit Tim Thomas up for 7 goals. I had the game on but wasn't paying too much attention, but I thought Thomas started the game and got pulled after the 3rd (?) Capital goal. If so, then he must have come back in to spare the back-up sieve more humiliation.

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 12:50AM

Thomas started... got lifted after the 4th goal... then came back and played the 2nd period and about half of the 3rd before giving way to Auld again.

On a similar Caps note, Sasha Pokulok was left off of Hershey's clear list... meaning unless there's some type of roster change (i.e. call-ups to the Caps or injuries), he's ineligible for the playoffs... and if I read it correctly, also the rest of the regular season. Not sure of the reason why... but it clearly means he's slated to spend at least another year at Hershey. he's going to face a numbers game in DC soon and show he belongs ... after the vets (Poti's signed another 3 years, Pothier another 2 assuming he's able to recover from concussions), Green, Morrison, Schultz, and Jurcina are years from being unrestricted free agents; and Alzner and Godfrey are likely coming next season to Hershey. And Lepisto is getting some looks now also.

Posted by: sah67 (---.65.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 12:52AM

Rita

On a bit of a tangent, the Verizon Center in DC is a lot brighter tonight... the Capitals lit Tim Thomas up for 7 goals. I had the game on but wasn't paying too much attention, but I thought Thomas started the game and got pulled after the 3rd (?) Capital goal. If so, then he must have come back in to spare the back-up sieve more humiliation.

Thomas started, gave up 4 goals on 10 shots, and was repaced by Auld who gave up 2 more in the 1st period on 6 shots. Thomas then came back out to replace Auld at the start of the second, but after giving up 3 more into the 3rd, he was replaced again by Auld who finished the game (and gave up one more goal ;))

Not a good night when you get pulled twice bugeye

Posted by: ben03 (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2008 01:13AM

sah67

although pulling yourself IMHO, a la QU's Jamie Holden gifting Sam Paolini our second goal in the first 3:30 of the '02 NCAA first round ... is also probably just as embarrassing.thud

Posted by: sah67 (---.65.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: March 04, 2008 01:19AM

Douglas gets an assist on Jody Shelley's goal and the Sharks take it 6-4.

Not a bad night for a Cornell fan when two alums are playing in the same game, both get points, and one gets his first NHl goal.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 04, 2008 01:34AM

Rita
Bryan Campbell

As my mom and his mom were hockey friends when he played in Rochester, I feel compelled to tell you it's Brian, not Bryan.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2008 07:10AM

How did everyone miss the Sunday AHL stats:

Moulson, Bitz, and Iggulden (Hat Trick--listed as one of the stars on the AHL page) all had goals;

[stats.theahl.com]

I wonder what is (has been) the largest number of cornell alumni to score a goal in one day in either the NHL or AHL?

Date: March 04, 2008 08:48AM

amerks127
Rita
Bryan Campbell

As my mom and his mom were hockey friends when he played in Rochester, I feel compelled to tell you it's Brian, not Bryan.

Oops, my bad and my apologies. This was the first shark game I have caught since the trade and had not seen his full name in print or scrolling across the screen enough for the correct spelling to "register" in my overtaxed brain.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 04, 2008 08:48AM

sah67
Thomas started, gave up 4 goals on 10 shots, and was repaced by Auld who gave up 2 more in the 1st period on 6 shots. Thomas then came back out to replace Auld at the start of the second, but after giving up 3 more into the 3rd, he was replaced again by Auld who finished the game (and gave up one more goal ;))

Remind anyone else of Clarkson in the Mark Morris era? This game or this game or this game, say. 99-00 wasn't a GREAT year, but chasing a Clarkson goalie on six separate occasions certainly was fun.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 04, 2008 09:55AM

Josh '99
sah67

Remind anyone else of Clarkson in the Mark Morris era? This game or this game or this game, say. 99-00 wasn't a GREAT year, but chasing a Clarkson goalie on six separate occasions certainly was fun.

From the standpoint of chasing a goalie only to have him return because his replacement also sucked, it reminds me far more of the Weder incident.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.uml.edu)
Date: March 04, 2008 01:06PM

sah67

Well to be fair to Auldie, he is supposed to start tonight, as the Bruins are finishing a stretch of 3 games in 4 days. So I don't think Julien wanted to use him at all, let alone 10 min into the first period last night. But Thomas was off his game (not to mention the entire team playing in front of him pain), and he needed to get off the ice.

It was just one of those nights, and oh yeah, that Ovechkin guy doesn't suck either. popcorn

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.gunnery.org)
Date: March 05, 2008 02:14AM

It took him about 60 games, but Tony Romano finally eclipsed his point total from last year at Cornell.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: March 05, 2008 11:44PM

Douglas is playing on the first pairing tonight against the Senators with Brian Campbell. The Sharks have not been playing well at all but Doug has been a bit of a bright spot and just destroyed someone with a hit in the offensive zone.

EDIT: And as I write this Doug turns over the puck and it leads directly to Ottawa's first goal. One of the wingers made an outlet pass to the middle of the ice where Murray couldn't get a handle on it, so its not entirely his fault but it wasn't pretty.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 11:46PM by Jacob '06.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 06, 2008 10:17AM

Jacob '06
Douglas is playing on the first pairing tonight against the Senators with Brian Campbell. The Sharks have not been playing well at all but Doug has been a bit of a bright spot and just destroyed someone with a hit in the offensive zone.

EDIT: And as I write this Doug turns over the puck and it leads directly to Ottawa's first goal. One of the wingers made an outlet pass to the middle of the ice where Murray couldn't get a handle on it, so its not entirely his fault but it wasn't pretty.
Murray made up for the giveaway leading to Ottawa's first goal by getting an assist on Patrick Marleau's winner in OT.

Date: March 07, 2008 01:23AM

Thread drift: AHL scheduling is weird. Lenny's Hartford Wolfpack played three nights in a row last Friday-Saturday-Sunday and they've since had the last four days off. They play back-to-back tomorrow and Saturday, then they're off for five days, then again they play three in a row Friday-Saturday-Sunday. Wouldn't it make sense to space things out a little more? smashfreak

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 07, 2008 02:02AM

Unlike the NHL, AHL teams do not have infinite dollars to spend on travel costs, nor do they have the luxury of chartering their own planes. The American Hockey League scheduling is thus based much more on convenience of travel costs. Friday and Saturday almost always see 24-26 teams play, while Wednesday and Sunday vary from 2 to 22 teams. The other days of the week are generally off days for most teams.

In addition, (here comes my frustration of the monopoly these teams hold on the league) New England based teams only travel outside of 70 miles about once a month, and when they do, the games are scheduled next to each other. For example Hartford will play San Antonio and Houston in back to back games or Hamilton and Toronto, or they won't even play teams like Rochester, Manitoba, Quad City, Chicago, Grand Rapids because the league is so focused on playing lots of intra-divisional games.

Finally, with smaller markets, it's more difficult to draw fans to weekday games. Go ahead and humor yourself with attendance numbers for the weekly games of March 4-6. [stats.theahl.com]

I'll get it started 2007 Calder Cup finalist Hershey Bears at the Lowell Devils on March 5 drew a paid announced attendance of 1343.

Posted by: jkahn (210.253.152.---)
Date: March 08, 2008 04:48AM

Nice picture of Douglas-
[cbs.sportsline.com]

Date: March 08, 2008 09:12AM

jkahn
Nice picture of Douglas-
[cbs.sportsline.com]
If he's gonna fight, I'm certainly glad he's winning. twak

Date: March 08, 2008 09:20AM

Lenny got the start in Hartford's game in Houston last night. Stopped 12 of only 13 shots he faced, but the Wolfpack were shut out so Dave was on the hook for a 1-0 loss. Given the AHL's (what I now understand but still think is) weird scheduling, I'd guess he probably won't see action again until next Friday or Saturday.

Date: March 10, 2008 02:50PM

Josh '99
Lenny got the start in Hartford's game in Houston last night. Stopped 12 of only 13 shots he faced, but the Wolfpack were shut out so Dave was on the hook for a 1-0 loss. Given the AHL's (what I now understand but still think is) weird scheduling, I'd guess he probably won't see action again until next Friday or Saturday.
Looks like I was wrong. Lenny played both ends of Hartford's back-to-back last Friday and Saturday nights, stopping 31 of 32 shots and being named the second star of the game in the Wolfpack's 2-1 win over the San Antonio Rampage. In the process, he outdueled Al Montoya, for whom (as we all recall) he was recently traded (along with a few other players). Since the trade, Dave has posted a 1.34 GAA and a 94.8% SV% in his first three games for Hartford. Not sure if he can keep that pace up, granted, but it's a great start for him.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.soc.cornell.edu)
Date: March 11, 2008 03:36PM

After sitting out the past two, O'Byrne will be back in the lineup tonight for the Habs meaning that Patrice Brisebois is going to be scratched.

Date: March 13, 2008 08:51PM

Comments about LeNeveu from the Wolfpack's Week In Review:

With regard to LeNeveu's win over his former team:

[Brodie DuPont's] streak-snapping tally [which broke a long scoreless streak for the team] was somewhat overshadowed, though, by the Wolf Pack’s two former Rampage regulars, Josh Gratton and David LeNeveu, capturing the First and Second-Star nods, respectively, in their first clash with their old organization.

LeNeveu, in particular, deserved a good break, after allowing only three goals in his first two games with the Pack and ending up 0-2. He matched Montoya save for save throughout the first period-and-a-half of Saturday’s game before Dupont’s goal, and then made some sparkling stops thereafter. The Rampage had won three straight and five out of six coming into the game and are locked in a real dogfight for playoff position in the extremely deep West Division, and they tested their old teammate a couple of different times with challenging chances, but LeNeveu was not to be denied. He would end up with 31 saves, his first Wolf Pack win and a total of only four goals-against on 77 shots in his first three Pack starts.

With regard to the 1-0 loss to Houston:

[A]s tight as Houston was in its own zone, the Wolf Pack were even tighter in theirs. They would allow the Aeros only 13 shots on the night, a Wolf Pack franchise record for fewest shots-against in a game.

Unfortunately for the Pack, one of those shots hit paydirt. Just prior to the halfway point of the first period, Ryan Hamilton got knocked down in front of the Wolf Pack goal, but saw the loose puck before either LeNeveu or Jake Taylor did. While down on his knees, Hamilton took a backhanded swipe at the puck, and with LeNeveu unable to see it and thinking it was to his right, the Pack goaltender had no chance to stop the biscuit as it slid past him on his left.

There's a poster on a Rangers message board I read who goes to many of the Wolfpack home games, so he should have comments about how Dave looks after their home games this weekend, I'll pass those on once they're posted.

I think I'm starting to get psyched to have a Cornell alum in the Rangers' system. :-D

Date: March 15, 2008 02:38AM

Dave LeNeveu recorded his second win over recent trade counterpart Al Montoya in the past week, stopping all 18 San Antonio shots to record his second win and first shutout for the Wolfpack. He was named the third star of the game (first star was Dartmouth grad Mike Ouellette, who notched his 6th and 7th goals of the season and is yet another recent Dartmouth alum who's had a better pro career thus far than Rangers first-round bust Hugh Jessiman bang); seems like Lenny must've had a pretty light night since the Wolfpack outshot the Rampage 34-18.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: March 15, 2008 12:01PM

Josh '99
Dave LeNeveu recorded his second win over recent trade counterpart Al Montoya in the past week, stopping all 18 San Antonio shots to record his second win and first shutout for the Wolfpack. He was named the third star of the game (first star was Dartmouth grad Mike Ouellette, who notched his 6th and 7th goals of the season and is yet another recent Dartmouth alum who's had a better pro career thus far than Rangers first-round bust Hugh Jessiman bang); seems like Lenny must've had a pretty light night since the Wolfpack outshot the Rampage 34-18.

I was at the game, and Lenny didn't have to work at all, only facing 10 shots through 2 periods. At one point, the shot totals were 15-1. Very few good scoring opportunities for the Rampage. I can only think of 2-3 times when LeNeveu had to make a save that required any skill.

Montoya wasn't in net for San Antonio, but there were a lot of Wolfpack Montoya jerseys being worn in the stands.

Jessiman got into a fight. I'd say he got the better shots in, but got turned around as the refs stepped in, and wound up on the bottom of the pile.

ECAC guys on the ice:
Hartford: LeNeveu, Jessiman (Dart), Ouellette (Dart)
San Antonio: Dylan Reese (H), Matt Murley (RPI)

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:57PM

David Jones, who would have been a senior at Dartmouth this year, will be on a line with Sakic and Forsberg tonight.

Topher in the ECHL
Posted by: redice (---.154.216.30.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 04:39PM

For those who would still like to watch Topher Scott play hockey, he will be making his debut with the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL Wednesday night.

[www.jackalshockey.com]

Re: Topher in the ECHL
Date: March 25, 2008 04:52PM

redice
For those who would still like to watch Topher Scott play hockey, he will be making his debut with the Elmira Jackals of the ECHL Wednesday night.

[www.jackalshockey.com]
I like how the article provides a height and weight for the other player mentioned (6'4", 225 lb. defenseman Russell Smith, formerly of Elmira College) but not for Topher. Great to see him catching on with a team so quickly.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 25, 2008 05:06PM

Josh '99
redice
http://www.jackalshockey.com/CenterIceArticle.asp?ARTICLE49506=56520
I like how the article provides a height and weight for the other player mentioned (6'4", 225 lb. defenseman Russell Smith, formerly of Elmira College) but not for Topher.

Sure it does.

that article
Scott, 22, completed his collegiate career with Cornell University last weekend at the ECAC Championships in Albany, New York. Durable despite his diminutive stature (5’6”, 160 pounds), the Buffalo Grove, Illinois native did not miss a single game in his career with the Big Red. Appearing in 137 games, Scott posted 25 goals and 82 assists for 107 points during his stay in Ithaca.

Wow, I missed when the Jackals moved from the UHL to the ECHL. The UHL is now rebranded as the IHL and only has 6 teams. Good for Elmira.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 25, 2008 05:24PM

Josh '99
redice

[www.jackalshockey.com]
I like how the article provides a height and weight for the other player mentioned (6'4", 225 lb. defenseman Russell Smith, formerly of Elmira College) but not for Topher. Great to see him catching on with a team so quickly.
Funny, but I see Topher's height and weight included in the article, paragraph.

Still seems odd to go pro mid-semester when the best you can do is the ECHL. I guess he thinks that this betters his chances of having a successful career going forward. Maybe that's true at 23.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 25, 2008 05:26PM

KeithK
Josh '99
redice

[www.jackalshockey.com]

Still seems odd to go pro mid-semester when the best you can do is the ECHL. I guess he thinks that this betters his chances of having a successful career going forward. Maybe that's true at 23.

Maybe playing in Elmira doesn't require leaving school, and he'll be able to graduate on time with no difficulty.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 25, 2008 05:28PM

Beeeej
KeithK
Josh '99
redice

[www.jackalshockey.com]

Maybe playing in Elmira doesn't require leaving school, and he'll be able to graduate on time with no difficulty.
Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

Posted by: redice (---.154.216.30.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 06:11PM

KeithK
Beeeej
KeithK
Josh '99
redice

[www.jackalshockey.com]

The Jackals have only seven regular season games remaining. Topher would not be eligible for the playoff roster. The Jackals' four road games are Fri, Sat, or Sun games & their three home games are Thurs & Sat games. The regular season ends Sunday, April 5th. All of that should make it pretty easy to accommodate his academic work at Cornell.

Date: March 25, 2008 06:26PM

redice
The Jackals have only seven regular season games remaining. Topher would not be eligible for the playoff roster. The Jackals' four road games are Fri, Sat, or Sun games & their three home games are Thurs & Sat games. The regular season ends Sunday, April 5th. All of that should make it pretty easy to accommodate his academic work at Cornell.
Thanks for the info. Knowing that it makes total sense.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2008 06:35PM

I find it a truly remarkable achievement, that at his size and the intensity with which he plays, Topher did not miss a single game playing for Cornell.

It goes without saying, he will be missed.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 25, 2008 06:58PM

redice
KeithK
Beeeej
KeithK
Josh '99
redice

[www.jackalshockey.com]

And it is a pretty nice way to tryout for the team / demonstrate that he is capable of playing beyond college.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 25, 2008 07:05PM

You can listen to Grady Whittenburg call the Jackal games over the internet. Hey, some people might need something to fill the void on Friday and Saturday nights. :-P

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2008 08:13PM

For those in the NYC/NJ/Phily area, they're @ Trenton on Friday, Apr 4 @ 7:30 PM.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - March 2008 - Murray
Posted by: CUontheslopes (---.com)
Date: March 25, 2008 11:47PM

Murray in action tonight against the Coyotes. Just got hung out to dry on a 2-1 and was unable to break it up (though he didn't make a very spirited effort he was positionally sound). He's still first on the team at +20 at the beginning of the night.

Broadcasters gave NCAA hockey a nice plug, listing all the NCAA products playing for the Coyotes.

Date: March 25, 2008 11:54PM

Oops, I altogether missed that. The article formatted weird for me and it was black print on a blue background, so I'll use that as my excuse. thud

Re: Alumni in the Pros - March 2008 - Murray updated
Date: March 25, 2008 11:58PM

Murray lays out a Coyote at center ice in an attempt to contain a breakout - leads to a breakaway. Murray then fights the guy he hit. Cornell mentioned quite nicely for a few sentences about their "fine hockey tradition."

Date: March 26, 2008 12:03AM

CUontheslopes
Murray lays out a Coyote at center ice in an attempt to contain a breakout - leads to a breakaway. Murray then fights the guy he hit. Cornell mentioned quite nicely for a few sentences about their "fine hockey tradition."
... in no small part, I think, because the commentator in that game is (I believe) Daren Eliot.

Date: March 26, 2008 12:06AM

I hadn't realized that but that makes the commentary make more sense since his co-commentator remarked that he "figured you couldn't resist getting Cornell in there" or something to that effect. Either way - nice plug. Murray got a few good hits in there in the fight too, but not many blows exchanged.

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2008 07:09AM

Ithaca Journal Article on Topher Scott joining the Elmira Jackal's.
[www.theithacajournal.com]

Posted by: MINIteam8s (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 26, 2008 04:34PM

We're leaving now - wearing our Cornell shirts - dinner first and then to cheer on Topher (and the Jackals, too)!

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 26, 2008 09:29PM

Word has it that Ray Sawada has signed with the Dallas Stars today! Look for the news to break soon.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 27, 2008 07:25AM

Larry72
Ithaca Journal Article on Topher Scott joining the Elmira Jackal's.
[www.theithacajournal.com]

I went to the game last night. Topher had an assist on the first Jackals goal (PPG) but was -1 for the night. Too bad Elmira's goalie couldn't stop a puck to save his life in the third period.

I saw a few Cornell shirts (besides my own) in the stands as well.

Also playing in the game (for the Trenton Devils) was Tony Zancanaro, formerly of Providence, and twin brother of BU's Brad Zancanaro. I was kinda hoping for a midget fight to break out, but there was no such luck. Maybe next week, when the Jackals and Devils play again.

Re: Topher in the ECHL - Point in his first game
Posted by: RM 08 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2008 02:35AM

Topher started and recorded an assist on a PP Goal in hist first game with the Jackals. Can't say I'm surprised at all.

Gamesheet: Trenton at Elmira

Posted by: redice (---.154.220.202.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 28, 2008 06:20AM

I spoke with Jackals' GM Robbie Nichols after the game. He seems excited to have Topher on the team. He told me that Topher will be on the playoff roster. I didn't think he would have played enough regular season games. But, Robbie mentioned something about amateur signing being eligible.

An interview with Topher was included in the WETM-TV 11PM News on Tuesday. He was pleased to see so many red Cornell shirts in the crowd. I was surprised that I did not hear a single "RED" yelled during the Nat'l Anthem.

Topher played on the first PK unit for a all PK's. And (I think), he was on the second PP unit. He didn't seem as physical as I'm used to seeing. Frankly, I think he may have been a bit intimidated by the pro game. I'm confident that this will pass quickly as he adjusts to the game.

Also, Topher was not the only former CU captain in the crowd. We spotted Raymond Sawada in the crowd.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.eas.cornell.edu)
Date: March 28, 2008 05:18PM

[stars.nhl.com]

Ray Sawada has signed a 2 year deal with the Stars and might be playing his first pro game tonight with the Iowa City Stars AHL team. Congratulations Ray

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 28, 2008 10:37PM

Ray scores first Iowa City goal in his first AHL game!!! [www.iowastarshockey.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 10:38PM by Larry72.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 28, 2008 10:47PM

Larry72
Ray scores first Iowa City goal in his first AHL game!!! [www.iowastarshockey.com]

He was also named the first star of the game with a +2 and the one goal on 3 shots. Iowa ended up winning 4-1. Way to go Ray!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2008 10:48PM by sah67.

Posted by: hockeychick470 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 29, 2008 02:03AM

SAWADA!!!! although, I'm going to miss having classes with him...

Sasha Pokulok
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 29, 2008 09:19AM

Sasha Pokulok sent down from Hershey Bears (AHL) to Carolina Stingrays (ECHL)
[www.charleston.net], where he tallied four assists in his first game. [www.charleston.net]
The effort was helped by Matt Smith and Ben Nelson, less than two weeks out of RIT and Quinnipiac respectively.

Also [www.oursportscentral.com]

Generally negative discussion on Washington Capitols message board. [boards.washingtoncaps.com]

LeNeveu
Date: March 29, 2008 11:08AM

Dave played last night for Hartford at home against Worcester. Made 20 saves on 22 shots (the second Worcester goal came late in the third with the goalie pulled) and was named the game's third star.

Additionally, Mike Iggulden was in the lineup for Worcester and was an even plus/minus with three shots on goal.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: March 29, 2008 12:57PM

I'm going to the Stars game this evening. Not sure where the seats are, but we'll be sure to wear some red.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 29, 2008 11:37PM

O'Byrne got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for elbowing tonight in Montreal's 4-2 loss to Toronto.

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: March 30, 2008 09:12AM

Went to the Iowa Stars game last night. Sawada was +1 with a holding penalty. No goals or assists tonight. At times, he seemed really with the play and had two really sweet passes to a guy in front that the goalie held on to. Other times, he just skated around and seemed like he didn't know what to do. It seemed like a fair bit of dumping the puck in when he had it rather than using his head to look around. The penalty he took didn't seem like the best call. I think the ref was trying to call everything early on in this game when some early scruffles made it seem like this game was getting out of hand.

Posted by: redice (---.154.219.206.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 30, 2008 12:24PM

Topher scored his first professional goal against Dayton last night. That goes along with one assist on the night. I don't know his +/- numbers. But, I do know that the Jackals won the game & will be playing @ Dayton tonight.

Congrats Topher!!!! Hopefully, it's the first of many.

Re: LeNeveu
Date: March 30, 2008 01:57PM

LeNeveu started again for Hartford against Springfield last night. Gave up a quick goal 54 seconds into the first but he and the team turned it around and didn't look back. Dave made 24 saves on 25 shots and the Wolfpack won 10-1.

O'Byrne Article
Date: March 31, 2008 12:12PM

Re: O'Byrne Article
Posted by: ebilmes (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2008 12:32PM

article
Q: Who has been your best hockey coach?

OB: "My college coaches were pretty superb. Mike Schaefer and Brett Brekke at Cornell University taught me a lot both on ice and off ice. I kind of went from a boy to a man in college and I learned a lot from them."

Re: O'Byrne Article
Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2008 03:49PM

Krantz is playing in the CHL with Texas

Doug Krantz and McLeod and Pegoraro
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 11:31PM

I know it's April today, but this story dates from yesterday. [cornellbigred.com]
Doug Krantz, Kevin McLeod, and the Texas Brahmas beat the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs Sunday night (and again on Monday) in the play-offs.
"Daniel Pegoraro [was] the second-leading scorer for the Mudbugs in the regular season."

Doug was playing his second game with the team. [chl-texas.stats.pointstreak.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 11:32PM by David Harding.

Re: Doug Krantz and McLeod and Pegoraro
Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: April 02, 2008 04:49PM

David Harding
Doug Krantz, Kevin McLeod, and the Texas Brahmas beat the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs Sunday night (and again on Monday) in the play-offs.
"Daniel Pegoraro [was] the second-leading scorer for the Mudbugs in the regular season."

I'm pretty impressed with McLeod's numbers for 64 games: 12-22-34 and on the powerplay: 5-10-15

I believe he leads Brahma d-men in scoring.

[chl-texas.stats.pointstreak.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login