Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Game Jerseys

Posted by sethred 
Cornell Game Jerseys
Posted by: sethred (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 03:49PM

How can I buy a Cornell Hockey Jersey
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 03:50PM by sethred.

Re: Cornell Game Jerseys
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 04:03PM

[www.google.com]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 21, 2009 04:08PM

[www.elynah.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syr.edu)
Date: December 21, 2009 04:17PM

Has anybody had any luck at the Athletic Department Garage Sale? What do they have in terms of hockey gear and number of items?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 06:49PM

If shelling out the $$ for the gamers isn't attractive to you, there have been great quality replicas the past couple of years. Right now, it seems that the supply of the Nike replicas has dried out (multiple websites use the same supplier): [chn.sportdesigns.com]

For the Nike replicas, I think I saw last month that Perfect Screen Printers, who sell CU merchandise at Lynah, still had them for sale at home games. You could try giving them a call.

The Cornell Store still has XL replicas: [csop.cbs.cornell.edu]
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2009 06:55PM by RichH.

Posted by: munchkin (---.c3-0.sbo-ubr4.sbo.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: December 21, 2009 07:19PM

statenaurora
Has anybody had any luck at the Athletic Department Garage Sale? What do they have in terms of hockey gear and number of items?

I got a Topher Scott game jersey at the 2009 Athletic Department Garage Sale and my best friend got a Sawada jersey. Granted since I was a student who worked for Athletics I was able to get in an hour early, but my friend went after I called her and she was still able to find a known player's. They also had all kinds of old roller blades from the skating treadmill. The warm ups are also for sale but as a 5'4" girl, those were all far too big for me and I didn't peruse what was available beyond seeing that they were there.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 21, 2009 08:10PM

jtwcornell91
[www.elynah.com]

Getting it from Teagle is the best way to go.
Call up Bill during the day and ask about the availability. I think there's still some left.

The jerseys are $125 now and they do have name plates/captain's C on them if the player has graduated. They are wearing new Bauer jerseys this year instead of the Nike ones we've been getting for the past few years so you might want to wait for next year if you really care about that.

Good luck!

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syr.edu)
Date: December 22, 2009 12:01PM

Scored my replica jersey last month off of Ebay for half off. I haven't seen any posted since then though.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2009 10:26PM

munchkin
statenaurora

I got a Topher Scott game jersey at the 2009 Athletic Department Garage Sale and my best friend got a Sawada jersey. Granted since I was a student who worked for Athletics I was able to get in an hour early, but my friend went after I called her and she was still able to find a known player's.

I don't want to burst your bubble, Munchkin, but I also don't want people to think that popular players' game-worn jerseys can be found at the Athletic Department Garage Sale. You do have a red (away) 26, probably game-worn jersey. It just wasn't worn by Topher Scott.

Your jersey has the CCM logo in the middle of the jersey, above "Cornell." Topher's freshman year was 2004, which was the last year CCM jerseys were worn before they switched to the Nikes. But the away jerseys in 2004 had the CCM logo near the left sleeve, not in the center of the jersey. Also your jersey has the two 'C's in the CCM logo red on a white background, with the 'M' white on a red background. In the 2004 away game-worns, the two 'C's are white on a red background and the 'M' is red on a white background.

You can confirm this by checking some of the photos in the eLynah archives.

Here's a picture of Scott wearing the 2004-2005 away jersey:

[www.elynah.com]

Sorry!
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 10:43PM by andyw2100.

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2009 10:32PM

andyw2100
munchkin
statenaurora

I got a Topher Scott game jersey at the 2009 Athletic Department Garage Sale and my best friend got a Sawada jersey. Granted since I was a student who worked for Athletics I was able to get in an hour early, but my friend went after I called her and she was still able to find a known player's.

I don't want to burst your bubble, Munchkin, but I also don't want people to think that popular players' game-worn jerseys can be found at the Athletic Department Garage Sale. You do have a red (away) 26, probably game-worn jersey. It just wasn't worn by Topher Scott.

Your jersey has the CCM logo in the middle of the jersey, above "Cornell." Topher's freshman year was 2004, which was the last year CCM jerseys were worn before they switched to the Nikes. But the away jerseys in 2004 had the CCM logo near the left sleeve, not in the center of the jersey. You can confirm this by checking some of the photos in the eLynah archives.

Sorry!

Wow, quite the effort to burst one's bubble.

Date: December 22, 2009 10:36PM

statenaurora

Heh. I am a stickler for detail. Somehow I don't think I'm the only one in this forum that could have that said about them.

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2009 11:28PM

I'm just curious who you are now since you know which jersey I have. Even if Topher didn't wear it, it was certainly game worn - it has all the repair stitching on it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 11:31PM by munchkin.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2009 01:57AM

statenaurora
andyw2100
munchkin
statenaurora

Your jersey has the CCM logo in the middle of the jersey, above "Cornell." Topher's freshman year was 2004, which was the last year CCM jerseys were worn before they switched to the Nikes. But the away jerseys in 2004 had the CCM logo near the left sleeve, not in the center of the jersey. You can confirm this by checking some of the photos in the eLynah archives.

Sorry!

Eh. I did the same to a friend. [elf.elynah.com]

But on the flip side, I bought a #4 jersey under the pretense that it was a Pokulok gamer. When it arrived in pristine condition with almost no stick/puck marks I verified through the photo archives that it had to be Jan Pajerski's. I have no problem wearing that to games now.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 02:04AM by RichH.

Date: December 23, 2009 08:46AM

munchkin
I'm just curious who you are now since you know which jersey I have. Even if Topher didn't wear it, it was certainly game worn - it has all the repair stitching on it.

I'm Andy Wallenstein. My full name is in my profile. We've met a couple of times, briefly, most recently at the CHA banquet last year. I'm a friend of MHA's on Facebook, and commented about the jersey on Facebook when you acquired it, wondering then if it was really Topher's jersey (and thinking it probably was not.) I saw the picture Mark posted after the game at MSG, realized then it was definitely not Topher's jersey, but didn't say anything.

At the banquet I was with my wife and daughters.

Does that help?

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: December 23, 2009 12:23PM

Is my Jesus game worn jersey not real either??? worry

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: munchkin (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2009 03:30PM

Sorry, no recollection of meeting you at the banquet, but Mark introduced my friends and me to quite a few people that evening. In my view, I have a #26 and for me that'll always be a Topher jersey whether he wore it or not. I don't have anyone else to associate that number to since none of the freshman had it my senior year.

Date: December 23, 2009 08:17PM

RichH
statenaurora

Eh. I did the same to a friend. [elf.elynah.com]

I was going to mention my Oates-really-Palahicky jersey. ;-)

RichH
But on the flip side, I bought a #4 jersey under the pretense that it was a Pokulok gamer. When it arrived in pristine condition with almost no stick/puck marks I verified through the photo archives that it had to be Jan Pajerski's. I have no problem wearing that to games now.

For some reason, I've always thought of that as a Holowatiuk jersey. ;-) Of course, in retrospect, while he was the one who wore #4 when you were there, you always wore your #96 jersey in those days. Anyway, I guess that's the plus of not getting a nameplate put back on; your jersey can represent everyone who's worn that number. And now we're back to the number-retiring thread...

ETA: oh, wait, I read back in the thread that you actually do have a Holowatiuk as well as your other #4. I think I had melded them together in my mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 08:19PM by jtwcornell91.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 24, 2009 09:22AM

andyw2100
statenaurora

Heh. I am a stickler for detail. Somehow I don't think I'm the only one in this forum that could have that said about them.

I was going to say something too, as I was well aware that Topher's jerseys all disappeared quite rapidly after he graduated, but I didn't want to participate in the bubble-bursting ;)

Posted by: RichH (---.bing.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 26, 2009 02:44AM

jtwcornell91
For some reason, I've always thought of that as a Holowatiuk jersey. ;-) Of course, in retrospect, while he was the one who wore #4 when you were there, you always wore your #96 jersey in those days. Anyway, I guess that's the plus of not getting a nameplate put back on; your jersey can represent everyone who's worn that number. And now we're back to the number-retiring thread...

ETA: oh, wait, I read back in the thread that you actually do have a Holowatiuk as well as your other #4. I think I had melded them together in my mind.

Yeah. The Holowatiuk jersey is a home white with the original nameplate, the Pajerski is road red. Holo's is also the only CU gamer I own that's smaller than size 52 (48). I only wear that to either the NCAA Final (providing we're not in it) or to a tournament weekend following our elimination. Man, I have weird rituals.

Date: December 26, 2009 08:33AM

RichH
jtwcornell91

Yeah. The Holowatiuk jersey is a home white with the original nameplate, the Pajerski is road red. Holo's is also the only CU gamer I own that's smaller than size 52 (48). I only wear that to either the NCAA Final (providing we're not in it) or to a tournament weekend following our elimination. Man, I have weird rituals.

Now that I have a second game-worn, I need to figure out how to adjust my rituals. E.g., I used to only wear my game-worn when Cornell was playing, but the new one arrived the day I was going to an Amerks game, so I took it as a sign and wore it that night.

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2009 10:52AM

jtwcornell91
RichH
jtwcornell91

Now that I have a second game-worn, I need to figure out how to adjust my rituals. E.g., I used to only wear my game-worn when Cornell was playing, but the new one arrived the day I was going to an Amerks game, so I took it as a sign and wore it that night.

Okay, that brings up a question, and is somewhat based on an article about the "rules" for wearing sports jerseys that was on ESPN.com a few years back.

Yes, I have violated a few of those rules, like wearing my Cornell jersey to work on the Friday of (before) the Harvard game, and the day of the ECAC semi-finals. So how much of a Dork would I be wearing my Cornell jersey to a Hurricane-Panther game in which there are no Cornellians playing? If a Cornell alum was playing, I would have no qualms about it. The other thing is, in South Miami, how many people recognize "Cornell", never mind the fact that Cornell usually has a nationally ranked hockey team? So I guess that would contribute to the "dorkiness" factor.

I'd be going with my nephew (and the rest of my brother's family), and my reputation as the family NERD was cemented by this year's Christmas presents :-P.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: December 26, 2009 01:37PM

munchkin
Sorry, no recollection of meeting you at the banquet, but Mark introduced my friends and me to quite a few people that evening. In my view, I have a #26 and for me that'll always be a Topher jersey whether he wore it or not. I don't have anyone else to associate that number to since none of the freshman had it my senior year.

You aren't alone in viewing #26 that way. Here is a post from two years ago about a different number. Dave realized that this wasn't really his own jersey, but they weren't available back then (unless lifted as Dave had done circa '73 for his friend) and on the night the picture was taken, he was all choked up and swore he would frame this sweater.

[elf.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login