Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 7 RPI 1 (postgame)

Posted by Trotsky 
Cornell 7 RPI 1 (postgame)
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:27PM

Well. That didn't suck.

Re: Cornell 7 RPI 1 (postgame)
Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:28PM

Guess it's time for a change.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:44PM

Two Cornell wins and the movie Miracle now on ABC... a perfect Saturday date night. :-D

Scersk '97

I jest, but what's with all the Obama-speak on elynah?!

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.moore.clarkson.edu)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:47PM

so is everyone still calling for Schafer's resignation?

sounds like Cornell dominated 'Tute...

Posted by: lynah80 (---.uphs.upenn.edu)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:51PM

Who would have thought that putting eight defensemen in the lineup would produce 7 goals?

Cornell returned to the USCHO PWR at #24 as of Feb 16.

Other ECAC teams:

11 Clarkson
15t Princeton
19 Quinnipiac

Union is out.

[www.uscho.com]
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 01:57AM by lynah80.

Date: February 16, 2008 09:56PM

Dpperk29

Seems your boys had a tough time away their little barn this weekend.

Brown 4-3 in overtime and 2-5 against Yale?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 09:56PM by lynah80.

Posted by: MOBalum (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 10:18PM

Scersk '97
Lobby the conference office for more home games against RPI?

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 10:27PM

lynah80
Who would have thought that putting eight defensemen in the lineup would produce 7 goals?
That's change. :)

Posted by: nr53 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 10:44PM

So were we just that on fire from last night or was RPI just that bad tonight?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 10:49PM

nr53
Seems to me that RPI has thrown in the towel. Outscored 11-1 for the weekend?

Re: Cornell 7 RPI 1 (postgame) - shots per 60
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 10:56PM

Early in the decade when a 2-1 game represented a Cornell scoring outburst and 3-1 was a rout, shots allowed per 60 minutes was a Mike Schafer benchmark. If you allowed less than 20, you'd win. Against RPI, 17 shots reached Scrivens. Ergo, we won.

Just one point back of Quinnipiac in the standings. Not that our season hinges on such things, but home ice for the playoffs would be nice, as would avoiding the #1 seed until Saturday night, should we be so lucky as to advance to Albany.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 11:01PM

billhoward
Not that our season hinges on such things, but home ice for the playoffs would be nice

I'm hoping what you mean is "a first-round bye would be nice," as the Big Red could drop a few places in the standings and get home ice for the playoffs... i.e. the first round.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 11:20PM

Give My Regards
billhoward
Not that our season hinges on such things, but home ice for the playoffs would be nice

I'm hoping what you mean is "a first-round bye would be nice," as the Big Red could drop a few places in the standings and get home ice for the playoffs... i.e. the first round.
Bill is talking about the quarter final round, where the top four regular season teams get home ice.

Date: February 16, 2008 11:25PM

Give My Regards
billhoward

Indeed, I believe they clinched a home ice playoff round with the win tonight.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 11:28PM

Harvard creeping up the tandings...now just one point behind us along with Yale and Union.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 01:38AM

Great to finally get to a home game this season.The team looked really, really good and some of the goals were quite nice. From my view in section B, it looked like the Davenport goal was put top shelf on a backhand after waiting out the goalie??! Also, Topher had a nice move in close. There's not much you can say bad about a game like this. RPI's only goal came on a 5x3. Otherwise the kill was dominant, PP effective, and defense was good on both sides of the ice. It was a very lopsided contest. RPI's goalie Alford took quite a bit of abuse from the fans (well deserved I supposed).

Posted by: BMac (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 01:45AM

This game was good. It seemed like everyone I talked to said "well, I'm here. Not because I'm excited for a Cornell hockey game. (bewildered face) I guess... I'm just here. Out of habit. They better f-ing win."

And you know what? Every goal we scored, we got louder and meaner. And we sang happy birthday to the sieve, felt bad and sang "always look on the bright side of life," sang "Alford is a great big sieve" and generally had a great Old Time Cornell Hockey Night.

And it felt great.

On another note, Topher had 5 points tonight. Five.

Posted by: ForkEmDevils (---.PHNX.QWEST.NET)
Date: February 17, 2008 01:59AM

It's nice to see a win, but I can't get too excited over beating RPI, the worst team in the ECAC.

Next week's games will define what happens in the post season.

Posted by: sah67 (---.65.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: February 17, 2008 02:01AM

BMac

Almost...4 points: 1g 3a. But he's now at 98 career points. Can't wait to see him reach 100 (hopefully before the playoffs?)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 02:03AM by sah67.

Posted by: lynah80 (128.91.33.---)
Date: February 17, 2008 03:21AM

It seems your opinion of RPI is a bit cynical.

Date: February 17, 2008 10:44AM

lynah80
Dpperk29

yeah... not really sure what happened in southern New England. it is totally unacceptable to lose like that to Yale. Sounds to me like Leggio had and off weekend and Billy Blaise stood on his head for Yale.

now, back to my original question... is everyone still looking for Schafer's resignation? it is a common flaw of sports fans to always think things are worse than they are or better than they are.

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 10:52AM

Dpperk29
now, back to my original question... is everyone still looking for Schafer's resignation? it is a common flaw of sports fans to always think things are worse than they are or better than they are.
*Yawn* Maybe nobody accepts your premise regarding "everyone," unless everyone consists of a couple people who don't post here too often. But we really do appreciate your telling us how common our flaws are.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 03:31PM by Jacob 03.

Posted by: PAthologicalLynah (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 11:32AM

According to USCHO, RPI had only 9 shots on goal total against Colgate on Friday night, and they are 7.5% (11/147) on the PP for the season. Yikes.

Still, its a huge win for the Red and big confidence booster since we had some, ahem, unusual goal scorers.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 17, 2008 11:32AM

From over in the "Time for a change" thread

billhoward
Maybe the team just wanted to get through Valentine's Day, catch their bearings on Friday, and start setting the world on fire Saturday.

Done and done.

I like what I saw from the team last night, especially after dropping 3 in a row. The people who you expect to step up and lead the team (i.e. the captains) did so. Greening netted one, Krantz two, Sawada had a couple of assits and Topher, though I didn't listen to find out for sure, was clearly the #1 star of the game. The rest of the team followed their lead, and here's hoping they continue to do so.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 12:18PM

Al DeFlorio
nr53
Seems to me that RPI has thrown in the towel. Outscored 11-1 for the weekend?

Looked like Quinnipiac threw in the towel last night as well. After getting mauled 7-2 by Dartmouth on Firday, they looked pretty listless at Harvard last night. Although they outshot Harvard 38-33, you never sensed they were putting any real sustained pressure on Richter. Let's hope that performance carries over to next weekend.

BTW, here's the attendance joke of the week: Official attendance at Bright last night was 2822. Had to be at least 1,000 empty seats. There were huge blocks of empty seats in virtually every section except the one with the band and maybe the section next to it.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 12:24PM

Dpperk29
lynah80
Dpperk29

yeah... not really sure what happened in southern New England. it is totally unacceptable to lose like that to Yale. Sounds to me like Leggio had and off weekend and Billy Blaise stood on his head for Yale.

I would guess that if you have to ask your question twice, you should know the answer; or were you just throwing flames and trying to start a fire. Many of us respect Clarkson and what they have done over the years. I think most of us feel this is your year, but we don't appreciate you coming to this site and seeming to try and start a fight. Maybe that was not your intent, but to twice have to say "is everyone still looking for Schafer's resignation", when you know that that question is blatantly not true, well I don't want to type what I think.

I enjoy it when other fans come here and post comments about their team, or what they thought of our team when we played them. I enjoy gentle ribbing when one or another of us stretches too far and we have to be brought back to earth. What I don't enjoy is someone from another school trying to stir up things that have nothing to do with them. Do they have the right to do it, of course; but it does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth about their school and fans.

As my daughter might say, I've ranted too long; and maybe you had the most innocent intent, but I hope you can understand that coming to our forum and talking about our coach resigning does not bring us closer.

As a postscript, most of us are silently hoping for Clarkson to finish the season in first, and to then have their patented tourney flop. After all, it's the only way we can get to the NCAA's.:-)

What???
Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 12:46PM

Did I miss a post? I didn't see any calls for resignations...just strategy/tactical/recruiting adjustments...wtf

Re: What???
Date: February 17, 2008 01:01PM

I made the unfortunate mistake of asking if anyone else felt that Schaefer might be losing control over this team after last weeks hit from behind incident. I certainly didn't call for his resignation.

It seemed to me a legitimate question given some of the uncharacteristic behavior this season; the sloppy Saturdays, the lack of being able to seal wins at home, a general lack of urgency. I think in a radio interview Jason even mentioned the coach was having a problem getting the team to be prepared on Saturdays after a home win.

I realize now that is completely unacceptable to even raise such a question here.

Date: February 17, 2008 01:21PM

PAthologicalLynah
I made the unfortunate mistake of asking if anyone else felt that Schaefer might be losing control over this team after last weeks hit from behind incident. I certainly didn't call for his resignation.

It seemed to me a legitimate question given some of the uncharacteristic behavior this season; the sloppy Saturdays, the lack of being able to seal wins at home, a general lack of urgency. I think in a radio interview Jason even mentioned the coach was having a problem getting the team to be prepared on Saturdays after a home win.

I realize now that is completely unacceptable to even raise such a question here.

I went back over and reread the "Time For A Change" thread. No one was throwing flames there, some of us just disagreed. I don't think you were wrong to bring it up, and I think the discussion was reasonable.

Don't carry over my resentment for the mention on this thread about "everyone calling for Schafer's resignation". That statement was uncalled for, and not at all related to your point that the team and coaches need to change.

Continue to post your constructive comments, positive or negative.

Posted by: TimV (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 01:22PM

I saw that post, but didn't see it as a resignation call. I saw it as a suggestion that it may be time to give the horse a taste of the whip, so to speak.

Nor do I see it as an unacceptable question as long as you're prepared for some strong responses.

Date: February 17, 2008 01:28PM

I'll try to keep the tone a little more positive. The posts in the "time for a change" thread talking about the successes of the other cornell sports teams was really something.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.210.---)
Date: February 17, 2008 03:42PM

Jim Hyla
Dpperk29
lynah80
Dpperk29

I would guess that if you have to ask your question twice, you should know the answer; or were you just throwing flames and trying to start a fire. Many of us respect Clarkson and what they have done over the years. I think most of us feel this is your year, but we don't appreciate you coming to this site and seeming to try and start a fight. Maybe that was not your intent, but to twice have to say "is everyone still looking for Schafer's resignation", when you know that that question is blatantly not true, well I don't want to type what I think.

I enjoy it when other fans come here and post comments about their team, or what they thought of our team when we played them. I enjoy gentle ribbing when one or another of us stretches too far and we have to be brought back to earth. What I don't enjoy is someone from another school trying to stir up things that have nothing to do with them. Do they have the right to do it, of course; but it does nothing but leave a bad taste in my mouth about their school and fans.

As my daughter might say, I've ranted too long; and maybe you had the most innocent intent, but I hope you can understand that coming to our forum and talking about our coach resigning does not bring us closer.

As a postscript, most of us are silently hoping for Clarkson to finish the season in first, and to then have their patented tourney flop. After all, it's the only way we can get to the NCAA's.:-)

Jim, I don't know what your problem is with me, but I wish you would stop seeing everything I say as a biased statement. I truly think Mike Schafer is one of the best coaches in the ECAC, and it bothered me to read what some people are saying about him, hence why I asked the question. Certain people need to realize that just because a team isn't at the top every year, the coach needs to be fired. I figured the people on this board who are slightly more than the casual fan would simply ignore it. oh well, I guess in the court of the high and mighty Jim Hyla I was wrong. Must be nice being right all the time.

Post Script: yes, I know I got personal with the last sentence, but I am starting to think that Jim will take everything I say as a flame fest.

Date: February 17, 2008 04:41PM

Dpperk29
Jim Hyla
Dpperk29
lynah80
Dpperk29

Jim, I don't know what your problem is with me, but I wish you would stop seeing everything I say as a biased statement. I truly think Mike Schafer is one of the best coaches in the ECAC, and it bothered me to read what some people are saying about him, hence why I asked the question. Certain people need to realize that just because a team isn't at the top every year, the coach needs to be fired. I figured the people on this board who are slightly more than the casual fan would simply ignore it. oh well, I guess in the court of the high and mighty Jim Hyla I was wrong. Must be nice being right all the time.

Post Script: yes, I know I got personal with the last sentence, but I am starting to think that Jim will take everything I say as a flame fest.

Well, to answer your question, my problem is with your question "is everyone still calling for Schafer's resignation". I may be wrong, but I don't remember "everyone calling for Schafer's resignation". Many were unhappy with the way the team was playing, and many wanted it to change. However you chose to try and hype the situation. I could find no other reason for your comment than that. If I'm wrong, then show me what the purpose was for making a false and incendiary question.

If it truly bothered you that Schafer was being criticized, then defend him and show those who complain why they are wrong. I and others have certainly done that. Asking the question you did certainly didn't sound like a defense of Schafer to me. As I've said before, I'm happy with "out of towner's" coming here with interesting discussion, but not to make unsubstantiated statements which only hype the situation.

This view is of the poster only and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the management or its sponsors.

Date: February 17, 2008 05:04PM

Jim Hyla
Well, to answer your question, my problem is with your question "is everyone still calling for Schafer's resignation". I may be wrong, but I don't remember "everyone calling for Schafer's resignation". Many were unhappy with the way the team was playing, and many wanted it to change. However you chose to try and hype the situation. I could find no other reason for your comment than that. If I'm wrong, then show me what the purpose was for making a false and incendiary question.

If it truly bothered you that Schafer was being criticized, then defend him and show those who complain why they are wrong. I and others have certainly done that. Asking the question you did certainly didn't sound like a defense of Schafer to me. As I've said before, I'm happy with "out of towner's" coming here with interesting discussion, but not to make unsubstantiated statements which only hype the situation.

This view is of the poster only and does not necessarily represent the opinion of the management or its sponsors.

I would try and argue this with you more but it's like arguing with a 4 year old. no matter how logical one is, the 4 year old always wins because they are so damn stubborn. I'll keep my future comments to myself.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 17, 2008 05:07PM

Dpperk, Jim may have took more offense then you intended, but I think he has a fair point that your remark came across as incendiary. Rather than defending Schafer, it came across to some as attacking the fan base. I get the feeling now that you did not intend it that way, but I dont think Jim's point has been unreasonable either.

wrong spot
Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 17, 2008 05:39PM

wrong spot
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 05:41PM by amerks127.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 17, 2008 05:40PM

I personally think this argument is utterly ridiculous and think you all need to check your egos. Who cares if Dpperk29 may or may not have insinuated something. It seems like a chronic problem that whenever someone says something negative about the team or fanbase, the "really elynah-faithful" pull out the big guns and carelessly drop a bunch of bombs.

I found this pretty amusing...Did no one else notice that Dpperk29's comment:

Dpperk29
it is a common flaw of sports fans to always think things are worse than they are or better than they are.

is almost exactly something Mike Schafer said a few weeks ago?

Right before the team left for North Country Schafer had this to say:

Mike Schafer
“We are trying to have a reality check with our guys right now. There is an old saying in sports that you’re never as good as you think you are, and you’re never as bad as you think you are. We want our guys to have that kind of model of it. When you play well and you lose you can’t beat yourself up mentally, and when you play well and win … you cant overcompensate and talk about how great your are. ... It’s a fine line as a coach because we’re 3-0-1 over our last four games and we have to keep pushing and keep getting better.”

We got 4 games to go in the season. Let's concentrate on that first round bye and perhaps finishing 2 or 3 to avoid a collision with Tech in the semis at Albany.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 06:18PM by amerks127.

Date: February 17, 2008 08:35PM

PAthologicalLynah
I'll try to keep the tone a little more positive. The posts in the "time for a change" thread talking about the successes of the other cornell sports teams was really something.
The context you might not know is whenever the team loses 2 or 3 in a row there is a spate of posts from fans who have only seen winning teams calling for Schafer's head. The oldtimers (like me) who remember truly lean years have gotten to where we just head them off at the pass. We have itchy trigger fingers on silliness, and in your case we jumped the gun.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 08:39PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 17, 2008 08:38PM

BMac
sang "always look on the bright side of life
I hope this becomes a tradition when the team reaches 5 or 6 goals. It's a great idea for a new cheer and (as anybody who has been to LOB in person knows) it sounds fantastic in hundred-person harmony.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 08:38PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: February 17, 2008 08:43PM

PAthologicalLynah
they are 7.5% (11/147) on the PP for the season. Yikes.

I made a post about a month ago about how RPI has a chance to allow more SH goals than they score on the PP. After this weekend, they have 11 PPG and 10 SHA. Cornell had at least three 2-on-1 shorthanded breaks, but didn't cash any of them in. I still have hope that RPI can do it.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: February 17, 2008 08:56PM

sah67
BMac

Almost...4 points: 1g 3a. But he's now at 98 career points. Can't wait to see him reach 100 (hopefully before the playoffs?)

Our little assist machine has completely turned it on the past month or so. He has turned into a legitimate scoring threat from the usual gnat-like tenacious style we have known. The one-timer Friday was surprisingly strong, and he's been very aggressive driving to the front of the net. Even when he's been kept off the scoreboard recently, he's still played some outstanding hockey. I love the fact that this guy is so close to 100 career points.

Date: February 17, 2008 10:31PM

Well that is definitely understandable. And we should consider ourselves lucky if it takes a 2-3 game losing streak; it takes BU, Maine, and UNH fans a single period or two of sloppy play before their fans start to cry and jump off the bandwagon (or in BU's and Maine's cases this year, a fiery, sinking train wreck of carnage.)

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 17, 2008 11:21PM

RichH
PAthologicalLynah
they are 7.5% (11/147) on the PP for the season. Yikes.

I made a post about a month ago about how RPI has a chance to allow more SH goals than they score on the PP. After this weekend, they have 11 PPG and 10 SHA. Cornell had at least three 2-on-1 shorthanded breaks, but didn't cash any of them in. I still have hope that RPI can do it.

That would really put a crappy end to a season that has gone down the toilet. pain ;-)

Posted by: Rich S (209.212.23.---)
Date: February 18, 2008 02:01PM

Ralph,

I fully expect that RPI will play very well on Sat eve against Tech. I'll be there watching closely.

Posted by: Rich S (209.212.23.---)
Date: February 18, 2008 02:13PM

Jim Hyla
Dpperk29
Jim Hyla
Dpperk29
lynah80
Dpperk29

quote]

Many of us respect Clarkson and what they have done over the years. I think most of us feel this is your year, but we don't appreciate you coming to this site and seeming to try and start a fight. Maybe that was not your intent, but to twice have to say "is everyone still looking for Schafer's resignation", when you know that that question is blatantly not true, well I don't want to type what I think.

Jim,

I respect both yours and Dpperk's point of view and will not get into that.

However, I will point out that regarding your objection to "out of towner's" making statements that "hype the situation" that it was only a few years ago that there were a lot of those made about the "Morris affair" by elynah folks who had an incomplete knowledge of the facts of that situation.

Those statements were largely vitriolic and called for either his suspension or firing and added little to the discussion, much as you claim in this case.

Looking forward to seeing you in Albany.

Date: February 18, 2008 03:12PM

Rich S
Jim,

I respect both yours and Dpperk's point of view and will not get into that.

However, I will point out that regarding your objection to "out of towner's" making statements that "hype the situation" that it was only a few years ago that there were a lot of those made about the "Morris affair" by elynah folks who had an incomplete knowledge of the facts of that situation.

Those statements were largely vitriolic and called for either his suspension or firing and added little to the discussion, much as you claim in this case.

Looking forward to seeing you in Albany.

Rich,

If they went to the Clarkson forum and did that, then I think that was wrong. If all they did was to spout off here then I think that's different. If you guys want to talk about Schafer resigning on your site, go right ahead, but to come over here and make the comment, when we have not been discussing it, seems rather bush to me. I'm impressed with your current coach, but for the sake of argument, let's assume you lose in Albany (I can wish, can't I?). If I then went to your site and started talking about Coach Roll resigning, I hope you would tell me to drop dead.

To me it makes a great deal of difference where the discussion is started. If I want to talk about your coach here you can respond if you like, or you can consider the source and say nothing. However if I were to go to your site and say that, then I see no purpose other than trying to stir up trouble and I'd hope you'd put me in my place.

I hope you can see my point, I just don't like it when a posts purpose is to just stir the fire. If we did that on the old Clarkson site, we were wrong.

Now about your final statement. I hope we'll be there.

Re: Cornell 7 RPI 1 (postgame) Evan Barlow and Taylor Davenport
Posted by: lynah80 (---.phlapa.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 19, 2008 03:20AM

From Monday's Ithaca Journal

"Barlow was scratched because of the misconduct he was assessed late in Friday's loss, Schafer said. Cornell has officially clinched home ice for a playoff series. The Big Red can still finish the season anywhere from first to eighth place. Davenport was helped off the ice late in the third period with what appeared to be a knee injury."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2008 10:24PM by lynah80.

Pairwise Ratings
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 19, 2008 11:41AM

lynah80

It's not the "USCHO PWR". The pairwise comparisons using the selection criteria are used by the NCAA in tournament selection, and numerous sites track them, e.g.

[www.collegehockeynews.com] (updated whenever game results are added to the database)
[slack.net] (updated overnight)
[slack.net] (add your own results)
[siouxsports.com] (edit--thanks to ithacat for the link)

Also, Cornell's appearance in the pairwise rankings is not the result of some arcane event that only USCHO can tell you about. The teams that show up in the pairwise are "Teams Under Consideration", now defined to be the top 25 teams in the RPI (Ratings Percentage Index), tracked for example at [slack.net]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2008 03:57AM by jtwcornell91.

Re: Pairwise Ratings
Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 19, 2008 09:46PM

jtwcornell91
I believe siouxsports.com also has a page, but I don't have it handy.

[siouxsports.com]

Date: February 19, 2008 10:16PM

jtwcornell91
lynah80

It's not the "USCHO PWR". The pairwise comparisons using the selection criteria are used by the NCAA in tournament selection, and numerous sites track them, e.g.

[www.collegehockeynews.com] (updated whenever game results are added to the database)
[slack.net] (updated overnight)
[slack.net] (add your own results)

I believe siouxsports.com also has a page, but I don't have it handy.

Also, Cornell's appearance in the pairwise rankings is not the result of some arcane event that only USCHO can tell you about. The teams that show up in the pairwise are "Teams Under Consideration", now defined to be the top 25 teams in the RPI (Ratings Percentage Index), tracked for example at [slack.net]

==============================================================
The Pairwise Rankings published each week at USCHO are described on the website as the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------
The PairWise Rankings (PWR) are a statistical tool designed to approximate the process by which the NCAA selection committee decides which 16 teams to invite to the Division I championship tournament. Although the PWR does not precisely duplicate the method used by the committee, the PWR has exactly predicted the NCAA tournament entries in each of the last eight years.
--------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't imply anything else in my post.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: February 20, 2008 08:08PM

Dpperk29

Apparently, the correct answer to this loaded question is Mu, which "indicates that the question itself is wrong."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: February 21, 2008 12:07PM

Robb
Dpperk29

Apparently, the correct answer to this loaded question is Mu, which "indicates that the question itself is wrong."

No, the coreect answer is "Splunge!"

Posted by: jeff '84 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 23, 2008 07:35AM

lynah80

BTW -- Up to a tie for 22nd in the "USCHO PWR."

Tubas at the game on 2/16
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2008 10:52AM

Courtesy of Blair from section N who was nice enough to sell me his tickets for the RIP game...

Warmups
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 23, 2008 05:04PM

Here is a short video of the warmups on 2/16.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login