Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Soccer Chant

Posted by BMac 
Soccer Chant
Posted by: BMac (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2008 12:55AM

In response to the questions on the lyrics of the soccer style chant we're trying to adopt in section A:

Cornell x5
When you come
to play at Lynah
Then we'll give your goalies hell!

You can listen to the tune.

Re: Soccer Chant
Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 19, 2008 11:13AM

This would be fantastic if the entire student section could get on the same page! What tune are the lyrics set to?

It reminds me of a cheer from the old days:

[www.metaezra.com]

Posted by: BMac (132.236.105.---)
Date: January 19, 2008 04:50PM

The chant is copied from a soccer chant I heard at a Real Madrid home game over winter break. Unfortunately, try as I might I can't find a video or audio clip of it happening. The words are mine, LaJollaRed's, and our friend Steve's. We still think it's too positive, but we're no good at lyric writing.

It's the sort of chant that comes very easily once you hear it once, though, and doesn't need the band to start. We don't have any songs to use during play, and I thought this would help out. From experience, I guarantee that it sounds ridiculously intimidating if a large crowd is belting it out very loudly, particularly a mostly-male crowd.

Our other new cheer attempt yesterday was met with more success. Whenever a Nash scores, we're merely ramping up the baseball-style "charge!" song, singing the word Nash at the right frequency and pitch. Instead of charge at the end, we let out a big "scores!"

It's not great, but if the crowd got into it, I think it could really work out.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 19, 2008 06:05PM

The soccer chant style song is EXACTLY what we need at games. We'll try to make it happen on Sunday against Clarkson, and hopefully some people will have read this and know what it's all about. As for the chant itself, it's catchy and simple enough to get going. I wouldn't mind having several songs like this in the arsenal--hopefully this might spur on some creativity (!!!) in the fans. The nice thing about it is that it's not only loud and intimidating and a change of pace from "LGR" all the time, but that it can last for a while and get carried around the rink from A.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: January 19, 2008 06:38PM

What is the speed of the 5 Cornells? Would I be right in assuming that the last three come faster than the first two (so that it matches the tempo of the rest)?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: dietlbomb (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2008 10:27PM

Can you make a recording of these? Over in section F we are never going to hear you.

Date: January 19, 2008 11:05PM

Well, if you can get enough people on board for tomorrow afternoon, it might be picked up by ESPNU and we can throw it on YouTube. Maybe print out some lyric sheets and distribute them during the intermissions?

I always enjoyed the chants that take place at Lynah East. Typically we'll start off with a 'Grade Inflation' chant, to which the Cantabrigians respond with 'SUNY-Ithaca', and we'll retort with 'Blue Blood' or 'Silver Spoon'. It gets pretty entertaining.

Here's a quick little ditty for you try:

Welcome to Lyn-ah,
Now we're gonna kill-yah.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 20, 2008 12:09AM

dietlbomb
Can you make a recording of these? Over in section F we are never going to hear you.

Or in section M, for that matter. (Yeah, it'll just be me singing, I'm sure.)

Date: January 20, 2008 10:03AM

I propose saying "hell" 3x in the same time interval and shouting it.

we give your goalies hell! hell! hell!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2008 10:06AM by imafrshmn.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: January 20, 2008 02:12PM

imafrshmn
The soccer chant style song is EXACTLY what we need at games. We'll try to make it happen on Sunday against Clarkson, and hopefully some people will have read this and know what it's all about. As for the chant itself, it's catchy and simple enough to get going. I wouldn't mind having several songs like this in the arsenal--hopefully this might spur on some creativity (!!!) in the fans. The nice thing about it is that it's not only loud and intimidating and a change of pace from "LGR" all the time, but that it can last for a while and get carried around the rink from A.

I think BMac is thinking of the soccer fan anthem, "Ole, Ole, Ole." Click this link to hear it: [fanchants.com].

Besides singing "Ole" five times, the rest of the song will vary. "We are the champions; we are the champions" is one common verse. There are others. Google "Ole, Ole, Ole lyrics" to see more.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 20, 2008 05:05PM

French Rage
What is the speed of the 5 Cornells? Would I be right in assuming that the last three come faster than the first two (so that it matches the tempo of the rest)?

This would scan correctly for the tune I'm thinking of, that I hear at lots of European sporting events, which sounds to me a lot like "Clementine":

Dah-dah
Dah-dah
Dah-dah, dah-dah, dah-dah
Da da dah-dah [oh my darlin]
Da da dah-dah [oh my darlin]
Da da dah-dah dah-dah-dah [oh my darlin Clementine]

Is that the one?

Okay, now who wants to revive my idea of making Big Red Hockey fanscarves?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: January 20, 2008 11:27PM

YES! It is my darling clementine! Perfect!

I hadn't read all the responses before the game, or we would have tried it. Ok, this is happening now. This is excellent!

Posted by: polar (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 21, 2008 12:13AM

still have no idea what you're talking about, and no one's going to know what's going on in Section F. The faster we can get a sound clip of this sung, the better

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2008 01:59AM

Madrid are the scum of the earth, therefore I refuse to chant anything you got from them. Nothing personal. B-]

Posted by: HeafDog (---.hbo.com)
Date: January 23, 2008 05:06PM

Were you able to try this out at the rink?

Can you record something (doesn't matter where, just in your dorm room is fine) and post a link to an mp3?

Re: Soccer Chant - YouTube link
Posted by: kfish (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: January 23, 2008 09:02PM

You can listen to the tune

here
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2008 10:48PM by kfish.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 23, 2008 09:30PM

Interesting. This could potentially work well if one could get all of sections A and B to sing the song at the start of the game. (Of course, that's predicated on the students actually getting to the game on time.)

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 09:51PM

Start of the 2nd?

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: January 23, 2008 11:34PM

Soccer chant? Ew.

Sorry I still hate soccer.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2008 01:11AM

I've been to a few US soccer games where we chant this, followed by U-S-A all while jumping. I'm not sure why the jumping happens, but it's a lot of fun. After about three of these, the section switches to the deliberate clap cheer. A lot of baseball stadiums play a drum beat that matches the clap. I'm not sure how to describe the clap other than saying it's 9 total (long long quick quick quick, pause, quick quick quick quick) and then a yell of U-S with arms in the air. The whole thing would both look and sound pretty damn good if you could get everyone to do it. (I'm guessing a "Go Red" at the end would work)

Posted by: kfish (198.110.216.---)
Date: January 24, 2008 08:04AM

Your loss ;-)

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: January 24, 2008 10:39AM

KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

That's okay. I'm a soccer fan and I hate baseball, so there is balance in the force... starwars

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: January 24, 2008 11:46AM

Josh99
Madrid are the scum of the earth, therefore I refuse to chant anything you got from them.

KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

Self-righteous fan morality cracks me up.

Well, that's fine, but if this catches on in Lynah, grass isn't going to sprout through the ice, Colin Greening isn't going to head the puck, and Riley Nash isn't going to develop a bicycle kick. If the end result is more noise, more crowd fun, and a better home-ice advantage, then I'm all for it, no matter what the derivation. Getting the student section singing, yelling, stomping, jumping, and clapping trumps out just standing there silently, which happens a lot more than it should.

*shakes cane*

My first (and so far only) non-collegiate soccer game was a US game prior to the last World Cup and participated in this song/cheer. It was fun.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 24, 2008 12:01PM

Note that this, like many other "soccer chants", is also popular at hockey--sorry, ice hockey--games in Europe.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 24, 2008 12:16PM

RichH
KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

Morality? Hardly. Just pure unadulterated opinion. It's not like I said soccer was evil or anything. It is, of course, but I didn't say that. :-P

Date: January 24, 2008 01:38PM

RichH
Josh99
Madrid are the scum of the earth, therefore I refuse to chant anything you got from them.

KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

Well, that's fine, but if this catches on in Lynah, grass isn't going to sprout through the ice, Colin Greening isn't going to head the puck, and Riley Nash isn't going to develop a bicycle kick. If the end result is more noise, more crowd fun, and a better home-ice advantage, then I'm all for it, no matter what the derivation. Getting the student section singing, yelling, stomping, jumping, and clapping trumps out just standing there silently, which happens a lot more than it should.

*shakes cane*

My first (and so far only) non-collegiate soccer game was a US game prior to the last World Cup and participated in this song/cheer. It was fun.

As long as Sawada doesn't start falling over when he's breathed on to draw a hooking call, I'm on board.

Date: January 24, 2008 04:07PM

KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

Keith, I knew you'd say that as soon as this thread started. But I'm with Rich -- whatever gets us loud is worth it, no matter where the chant originated. (Couldn't have said it any better myself, man!) That's why I hope these guys get something started. So many of the old chants have died out (see the Cheers section -- do we ever do goalie/sieve or its variations anymore? I think not). Time to either bring them back or start some new stuff.

Besides, I don't see any reason whatsoever to hate soccer, anyway. It's just like hockey -- so low-scoring that each goal is that much more important. I mean, that's the reason why I don't watch the NBA. BO-ring.

Date: January 24, 2008 04:09PM

A-ron
I've been to a few US soccer games where we chant this, followed by U-S-A all while jumping. I'm not sure why the jumping happens, but it's a lot of fun. After about three of these, the section switches to the deliberate clap cheer. A lot of baseball stadiums play a drum beat that matches the clap. I'm not sure how to describe the clap other than saying it's 9 total (long long quick quick quick, pause, quick quick quick quick) and then a yell of U-S with arms in the air. The whole thing would both look and sound pretty damn good if you could get everyone to do it. (I'm guessing a "Go Red" at the end would work)

clap, clap, clap-clap-clap, clap-clap-clap-clap, GO RED!

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 24, 2008 05:02PM

HeafDog
KeithK
Soccer chant? Ew.

Keith, I knew you'd say that as soon as this thread started.
I tried not to. After all, I did make five whole days without a comment. But after a while and too many new posts I couldn't resist chiming in. I'm trolling on this thread. I admit it.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2008 05:35PM

HeafDog
Besides, I don't see any reason whatsoever to hate soccer, anyway. It's just like hockey -- so low-scoring that each goal is that much more important. I mean, that's the reason why I don't watch the NBA. BO-ring.

Yeah, you probably knew it was coming, but, there's no comparison. Hockey has scoring chances every 30 seconds. That's hardly true for soccer. Soccer is more like baseball, you can watch a game while doing something else and still keep on top of the action.

It doesn't matter as much what the score is, but how often you see a chance. No comparison.

Date: January 24, 2008 08:15PM

Can someone post an audio clip of the proposed chant being sung?

Date: January 24, 2008 10:49PM

See above -- I added youtube to the subject heading

Date: January 24, 2008 10:58PM

I shouldn't be letting myself get sucked into this. I actually think there are a lot of similarities between soccer and hockey, maybe not in scoring chances, but certainly in strategy. It's quite similar to indoor soccer, especially when you can play off the wall. I appreciated hockey immediately (fairly recently) because of my knowledge of and love for soccer. You can't "watch" soccer like baseball and hope to appreciate the game.

Date: January 24, 2008 11:11PM

kfish
I shouldn't be letting myself get sucked into this. I actually think there are a lot of similarities between soccer and hockey, maybe not in scoring chances, but certainly in strategy. It's quite similar to indoor soccer, especially when you can play off the wall. I appreciated hockey immediately (fairly recently) because of my knowledge of and love for soccer. You can't "watch" soccer like baseball and hope to appreciate the game.

If you bring in indoor soccer you make a whole new case. I agree with you about similar strategy, there's a lot of transition in both. However, outdoor soccer does it at a turtle's pace, while hockey is like the hare. That's why I said you can do something else at the same time. Looking up occasionally can keep you in it. Indoor soccer is much faster and closer to hockey.

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 24, 2008 11:22PM

In fact, a lot of the indoor soccer arenas I've played in are old, converted hockey rinks. Usually 5 field players and a goalie, "icing" rules apply if the ball is in the air the whole time over midfield(goalie only) to prevent just playing catch from keeper to keeper. They say there's no checking allowed in indoor soccer, but anyone who's played in those hockey-style fields knows that's just not true.

Outdoor soccer moves at a slow pace if you're watching it on TV. Watch it in person, especially high school and college (I think) where you're allowed more than three substitutions for the entire game, and it becomes much faster paced. Players don't have to worry as much about conserving energy for 90 minutes and they sprint almost the whole time.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2008 12:36AM

RichH
Riley Nash isn't going to develop a bicycle kick.

No, but wouldn't it be so cool if he did?!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 25, 2008 10:30AM

BMac
In response to the questions on the lyrics of the soccer style chant we're trying to adopt in section A:

Cornell x5
When you come
to play at Lynah

BMac.... I've tried doing the chant myself and I think for both the sake of making it easier to go from the end back to the beginning and for a better sound, the first Cornell should be replaced by Ohhhhh. I also think yelling Hell 3x would be neat, but we'll see what works.

Ohhhh Corneellll
Cornell Cornell Cornellll
When you coooommmme
To play at Lynahhhhh
Then we give your goalies Hellll (Hell! Hell!)

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: January 25, 2008 10:41AM

imafrshmn
BMac

Cornell x5
When you come
to play at Lynah

BMac.... I've tried doing the chant myself and I think for both the sake of making it easier to go from the end back to the beginning and for a better sound, the first Cornell should be replaced by Ohhhhh. I also think yelling Hell 3x would be neat, but we'll see what works.

Ohhhh Corneellll
When you coooommmme
To play at Lynahhhhh

Haven't you figured out by now that when a cheer needs to be punctuated with 2 syllables, there's a 95% chance that it will eventually become "you suck!" (for 3 syllables, insert the word "just";) despite your best efforts? A few notable exceptions involve "Go Red!"

:-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 10:41AM by RichH.

Re: Soccer Chant - YouTube link #2
Posted by: mttgrmm (---.hsd1.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 11:26AM

another YouTube link to the chant, I think this one makes it a bit clearer:

Posted by: tvset (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2008 02:39PM

What if you use the old "We will We will Rock you " with PUCK YOU instead of ROCK YOU tee hee haha LMAO

Date: January 25, 2008 02:57PM

RichH
imafrshmn
BMac

Cornell x5
When you come
to play at Lynah

Ohhhh Corneellll
When you coooommmme
To play at Lynahhhhh

Haven't you figured out by now that when a cheer needs to be punctuated with 2 syllables, there's a 95% chance that it will eventually become "you suck!" (for 3 syllables, insert the word "just";) despite your best efforts? A few notable exceptions involve "Go Red!"

:-)

You're right about the real risk of having the end bastardized into a "you suck".
Maybe we should just do "Go Red!" from the start.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 04:06PM

All 30 USA soccer fans showed up for the video...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 04:07PM by Cactus12.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 06:31PM

Oh relax, it was just a bit of hyperbole. :-P

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 06:38PM

Jim Hyla
Soccer is more like baseball, you can watch a game while doing something else and still keep on top of the action.
The difference is that when there's nothing happening in baseball, there's really NOTHING HAPPENING. Inning breaks, pitching changes, even the 30-second lull between hitters, the game isn't going on. While there are some parts of soccer games that are less exciting than others, save for injury stoppages and halftime the game is going on even during slow points. The ball is in play, players are running, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love baseball's slow pace. I love being able to get up and get a drink or use the bathroom or flip to another game and genuinely not miss anything except commercials or Tim McCarver's blathering. But soccer isn't the same in this respect.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 08:47PM

daredevilcu
Watch it in person, especially high school and college (I think) where you're allowed more than three substitutions for the entire game, and it becomes much faster paced. Players don't have to worry as much about conserving energy for 90 minutes and they sprint almost the whole time.

I don't think its a hard argument to make that the biggest failing in soccer is that stupid rule.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: January 25, 2008 08:48PM

DeltaOne81
daredevilcu
Watch it in person, especially high school and college (I think) where you're allowed more than three substitutions for the entire game, and it becomes much faster paced. Players don't have to worry as much about conserving energy for 90 minutes and they sprint almost the whole time.

I don't think its a hard argument to make that the biggest failing in soccer is that stupid rule.

Many a European will argue that what we play isn't the same sport b/c we don't observe that rule.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2008 09:13PM

Jacob '06
DeltaOne81
daredevilcu

Many a European will argue that what we play isn't the same sport b/c we don't observe that rule.
True. Not to mention, we all follow a team that plays a brand of hockey predicated in part on wearing the opposition down - being fresh at the end while our opponents aren't is a matter of strategy. Why is that any worse of a concept in soccer?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2008 09:16PM

Josh '99
Why is that any worse of a concept in soccer?

Cause the extreme level to which it is brought makes the game suck. Not saying its not a sport or anything stupid, just saying it sucks :)

Date: January 25, 2008 10:21PM

So did the cheer go down tonight against Brown? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Date: January 25, 2008 10:25PM

metaezra
So did the cheer go down tonight against Brown? Inquiring minds would like to know.

We tried to make it work (from sec. A) in the first period after each of the goals.... it didn't catch on at all. It makes me wonder how many undergrads use Elynah these days. We should get some quartercards out with the lyrics so that people know what's going on.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: January 25, 2008 10:30PM

imafrshmn
metaezra

We tried to make it work (from sec. A) in the first period after each of the goals.... it didn't catch on at all. It makes me wonder how many undergrads use Elynah these days. We should get some quartercards out with the lyrics so that people know what's going on.

Or just get a block of friends to do it really loudly. At every game. It won't be instant, but things like that catch on with lots of repetition. That's how the "We're gonna beat the hell outta you..." started when the band played Gary Glitter. It was just a group of guys who did it every game. I had a friend who ran up to the balcony at Lake Placid just to get a better listen to what the hell they were saying before it ever caught on. Similar effect with the "William Tell" crowd gallop/finish.

Date: January 25, 2008 10:33PM

RichH
imafrshmn
metaezra

Or just get a block of friends to do it really loudly. At every game. It won't be instant, but things like that catch on with lots of repetition. That's how the "We're gonna beat the hell outta you..." started when the band played Gary Glitter. It was just a group of guys who did it every game. I had a friend who ran up to the balcony at Lake Placid just to get a better listen to what the hell they were saying before it ever caught on. Similar effect with the "William Tell" crowd gallop/finish.

Yeah, you're right. I guess tomorrow night we should just be very articulate and clean and do it slow the first couple times so that it does catch on.... once about 25 people have it down, it can probably spread pretty rapidly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2008 10:35PM by imafrshmn.

Date: January 25, 2008 11:21PM

Exactly. Just think of a good soccer match as similar to the 3 OT loss to Wisconsin -- what goes on in between the scoring can be just as exciting and impressive as the goal(s).

Date: January 25, 2008 11:33PM

kfish
Exactly. Just think of a good soccer match as similar to the 3 OT loss to Wisconsin -- what goes on in between the scoring can be just as exciting and impressive as the goal(s).

Sure, games that are low scoring can be exciting, however I still contend that soccer's problem is the lack of scoring chances. The casual watcher can easily look away, even get up for a beer and the game is still in the middle of the field. There might have been two turnovers, but neither got to a scoring chance. Yes, you can watch it intently for all the intricacies and remain interested, but the casual observer will still wonder when something is going to happen. In hockey the problem for the casual observer is not thinking nothing is happening, but not understanding the flow.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 12:02AM

If one of the people in your group has a loud enough voice, then perhaps just before you try the cheer you simply yell out something like "hey section a, we're trying something new, follow our lead." At least then a few people around you will know it's not a one time chant and will be ready to join in.

Date: January 26, 2008 02:11AM

Jim Hyla
kfish

Sure, games that are low scoring can be exciting, however I still contend that soccer's problem is the lack of scoring chances. The casual watcher can easily look away, even get up for a beer and the game is still in the middle of the field. There might have been two turnovers, but neither got to a scoring chance. Yes, you can watch it intently for all the intricacies and remain interested, but the casual observer will still wonder when something is going to happen. In hockey the problem for the casual observer is not thinking nothing is happening, but not understanding the flow.

Jim,

I mostly agree with you here, but the argument about lack of understanding of the flow is exactly what you're describing as unimportant in a soccer game. Mainly playing Devil's Advocate.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: January 26, 2008 03:59AM

It may work a little better if we are playing against a goalie with a 2 syllable last name using his name at the beginning. So:

Ohhhh Sib-bald
Sib-bald Sib-bald Sib-bald
When you come to play at Lynah
Then we'll give your goalie hell (Go Red!)

Date: January 26, 2008 11:04AM

imafrshmn
It makes me wonder how many undergrads use Elynah these days.

I think it's mostly alums, at least judging from the IP addresses. You kids on East Hill seem to be able to find better uses of your time.

Quarter cards aren't a bad idea. See if you can't print out 100 or so and distribute them to A and B during the game.

Date: January 26, 2008 05:01PM

Thanks to everyone for the support, particularly those of you who found youtube clips (perfect!) and imafrshmn for his suggestion.

We're just going to keep trying. I'm not going to print out quartercards or anything, but if enough people in section A get with the program (OR THE BAND!!!!) then we'd have it down pretty fast. In fact, I'll post this right now as a new topic to get the band's attention.

Posted by: MB (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: January 26, 2008 10:26PM

Grimey, you're still on the forums?

Posted by: Law09 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2008 07:31AM

I was in B last night and it was the first time I could clearly hear the chant and the words. Several people were looking at each other asking what the chant was. If you keep it up, I think it will catch on soon.

Date: January 27, 2008 12:13PM

I think they actually screwed up the pace and melody of it, frankly. BMac--listen to the way the soccer fans do it in the video.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 27, 2008 03:50PM

imafrshmn
metaezra

I think it might make a nice PP song. Keep up the effort.

Posted by: polar (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 27, 2008 05:22PM

It would be fun to play BU that way, because they use the "ole!" cheer for a pk song. Clash of the soccer chants

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login