Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

ECAC Championship Tickets

Posted by jim stone 
ECAC Championship Tickets
Posted by: jim stone (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 06:15AM

Regarding the purchase of tickets to the ECAC Champinship, how can we guarantee we can get tickets in the student section of the arena? By merely putting our Cornell University address, will we be seated in the Cornell section?

Thanks, Jim

Re: ECAC Championship Tickets
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 11:35AM

From the talk on this board last year, you're gonna have to wait 'til the teams are decided, because they don't decide the sections 'til then. If you want to be sure you're exactly in the student section, you'll probably have to buy through Cornell. Otherwise, you can call the Pepsi Area and ask to be as close as possible (I'd figure you could get the next section over if you do it as soon as possible).

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: December 19, 2002 05:02PM

Every seat is in the Cornell section. The Pepsi will become Lynah not-quite-as-East-as-Lynah-East.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 05:12PM

Lynah Central?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 05:21PM

Yep, Central is an accurate descriptor.;-)

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 11:32PM

how about Lynah with a capital "L" ;-)
i am planning on getting tickets tomorrow. anyone know when one should get tickets if one wishes to go? I remember not getting placid tickets til very late but I figure that even though pepsi is huge the draw will be larger because albany is much easier to get to... help

Posted by: melissa (---)
Date: December 19, 2002 11:46PM

Don't think that there is even a slight chance of Pepsi selling out - not much hype about the tourney here in Albany - at least not thus far - perhaps if RPI or Union make it - but i wouln't hold my breath on that! :-P

Posted by: rhovorka (---)
Date: December 20, 2002 12:10AM

I'm sure that IF Cornell makes it to Albany, there would be a larger amount of Cornell fans there than usually trekked to Lake Placid just due to the accesibility. However...I'm sure that just about everyone else in the league would be rooting against us. Not only for the natural tendency of human nature to cheer for the underdog, but also for the reason that an upset at the tournament would probably mean an additional ECAC team in the NCAAs. Of course, this is all dependant on what happens in the 2nd half. Right now, it's looking that Cornell and Harvard would be in line for At-Large bids.

Also, many fans have this interesting assumption that Cornell fans are obnoxious (I don't know maybe because we actually make noise during games?), so they hate us and like it when we lose. See the reaction of the entire arena, excluding the CU corner, to HU's winning goal last season even though there were about 7 actual Harvard fans. :-)

Posted by: marty (---)
Date: December 20, 2002 01:21AM

Tickets are available now by mail:

[www.pepsiarena.com]

They are to be mailed in January. Here is something that bothered me (from e-mail that I received):

[Q]We received your ECAC ticket order recently. I did take note of your seating location request on the bottom of the form. Unfortunately, upper level seating is not being sold for this event. Please let us know of your second seating preference.[/Q]

I wanted good seats and certainly will sit as near "our section" as possible if good seats are empty in that area. I also have some friends who wanted the upper deck seats and were given the same info by phone before they mailed their application.

Hopefully we will be able to sit where we want. Lake Placid was fairly open this past year. It would be hard to ask for the Cornell section if one wants to order tickets now.

And I certainly hope that they sell so many tickets that the upper deck is open. That might mean we wouldn't be able to sit where we want. If the faithful show up in numbers maybe we can make that happen. Then all the sections would be well represented with RED.

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: December 20, 2002 09:18AM

if anyone has any questions about tix i could ask tomorrow. i am going to a riverrats game tomorrow so i will be at pepsi. of course i was going to order tickets today but maybe I will wait until I am at the box office tomorrow.
the good tickets are on the boards not up high ;)

Posted by: Mike Hedrick 01 (---)
Date: December 20, 2002 01:32PM

Last year I believe we got our tickets from the CU ticket office right after they won their playoff series and we were sure they were going to be there.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: December 20, 2002 08:39PM

First of all, go outside, turn around three times and spit. And curse. We have no guarantee there will be a Cornell section.

That said, if they do something like what they the last time there was a four-team tournament, they will likely assign corners to the top four seeds in the playoffs and have the school alotments sent to those four teams to be sold Monday morning after the quarters if they make it or taken away by the quarterfinal upset winners if they get surprised. (So the tickets will be like a trophy for the Quarterfinals.) So if Cornell finishes in the top four, one may be able to buy, from the box office, tickets guaranteed to be in the Cornell corner as of the end of the regular season.

I've never bought ECAC tournament tickets before the teams were settled, and never had a problem with that, but I refuse to make any predictions about how things will work at the Soft Drink Sponsored Arena.

Posted by: peter vail (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2003 05:20PM

Hey

I am in need of 2 or 4 or 8 tickets to the championships in albany for saturday. I am a Cornell grad and live 30 miles from pepsi arena and would like to take my family.

can anybody help me out?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2003 05:32PM

Check ticket exchange link on the left, and look at the other Pepsi threads.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.rr.com)
Date: March 16, 2003 05:45PM

You can buy Saturday tickets at the door, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login