Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Florida role call

Posted by sah67 
Florida role call
Posted by: sah67 (---.hsia.aloha.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 02:37AM

Well since the games are now less than a week away, I figured it's time to get this started.

I'll be there both days with sen'08

Who else is heading down for the perfect pairing of palm trees and hockey?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2007 02:38AM by sah67.

Re: Florida role call
Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.196.100.97.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: December 22, 2007 08:26AM

I was planning on it, but apparently "sign up for the shifts you'd like to work over the holidays" is code for "screw you guys, I'm putting you wherever I damn well please."

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: December 22, 2007 12:27PM

My role is "Guy who reads the results on eLF."

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 02:05PM

ugarte
Is that anything like a roll player?

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 02:30PM

Both games +1

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: December 22, 2007 04:46PM

Not gonna make it this year, for only the second time since the tournament's inception.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: December 22, 2007 05:08PM

ugarte

...with me as understudy.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Florida roll call
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 05:46PM

Total of six in our group. This is a great tournament, perhaps a little more prestigious 3-4 years back when Ohio State and Notre Dame played and we were on national TV (well, CSTV available nationwide). Both ND and TOSU (have they gotten off that The Ohio State kick yet?) have a lot of alumni support. Ushers are friendly and the concessions stands don't require applying for additional student aid. If you're visting family and some of the group aren't monster college hockey fans, the mall in the same parking lot (big, big lot) can occupy them for doubleheader.

By going every other year for the past, I believe, six years, we've managed to see every Cornell tournament championship and none of the tournament losses. Would that Cornell's luck holds this year.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 22, 2007 06:14PM

Beeeej
ugarte

I think there's plenty of room for most of us in this particular chorus.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 06:20PM

Will there be a mini-band this year?

Re: Florida roll call
Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 22, 2007 09:44PM

Oh that tourney in Florida! I'll be at the more prestigious tourney in Tampa. :-D

Sadly, I'll be cheering for the cupcake team there. :-(

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2007 11:19PM

Won't be there this year, sadly. Flights are too expensive and I don't have the patience to drive it.

Date: December 24, 2007 02:45AM

Josh '99
Won't be there this year, sadly. Flights are too expensive and I don't have the patience to drive it.

But now you know how to drive stick. drive

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: December 24, 2007 02:44PM

jtwcornell91
Josh '99

True, but that doesn't make the trip any less tedious!

Date: December 24, 2007 04:41PM

Josh '99
jtwcornell91
Josh '99

True, but that doesn't make the trip any less tedious!

The fact that you don't have to make it with me might. :-}

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 26, 2007 09:48AM

Me and my nephew in his new Cornell sweatshirt and sweat pants. Those were his favorite gifts until he opened up his Wii.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.111.251.50.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: December 26, 2007 10:23AM

myself + father + sister + 1 more. LGR!

Posted by: Larry72 (---.16.166.99.cust.uslec.net)
Date: December 26, 2007 03:35PM

Larry (Ari's Dad) plus 3.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 26, 2007 05:00PM

jtwcornell91
Not gonna make it this year, for only the second time since the tournament's inception.

John,

Can you make it to Bielefeld, Nordrhein-Westfalen? nut
[www.livestub.com]

Just root for the team in red and white.

Posted by: jkahn (---.area4.spcsdns.net)
Date: December 27, 2007 10:38PM

I'll be there + 1.

Posted by: billhoward (---.sub-75-201-26.myvzw.com)
Date: December 28, 2007 08:20AM

Rita
Me and my nephew in his new Cornell sweatshirt and sweat pants. Those were his favorite gifts until he opened up his Wii.

Some interests never change.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: December 28, 2007 08:28AM

My wife and I will be there. I'll be wearing my #12 jersey (Wallace, I believe) w/ no nameplate.

Posted by: cuelizabeth (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 28, 2007 10:10AM

I'll be there, too.

Don't forget to come up to the Hospitality area to buy Cornell hockey gear including t shirts, sweatshirts, and hats.

Also, raffle tickets are for sale, $10 each or 3 for $20. The grand prize is a hockey stick signed by the 07/08 team. We have two sticks to give out, one for each day. The drawing will be held between 2nd and 3rd period each day and tickets roll over to day two.

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Go Big Red,
Elizabeth Stavis '00
Associate Director
Cornell's Southeast Regional Alumni Office

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: December 29, 2007 03:15AM

Will
Beeeej
ugarte

I think there's plenty of room for most of us in this particular chorus.

I didn't find out until game-time, but my role was trying to pull in an incredibly weak WHCU as I drove back to CT across the Southern Tier Expressway. I caught the pregame as I got on the road, but then the sun went down and WHCU dropped the broadcast power. I heard one Scali pass in between lots of New Orleans Saints talk on WWL (I can tell you how most Saints fans weigh in on the question "playoffs or layoffs." PM me for details). The next time I heard Jason's voice was when he was telling me that tomorrow's game starts at 4 pm as he was wrapping up the post-game show.

BTW, most of the game-time drive, I was within 30 miles of Ithaca. I could pull in just about every Ithaca FM station just fine. *cough*

Posted by: redice (---.154.218.50.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 08:52AM

RichH

I didn't find out until game-time, but my role was trying to pull in an incredibly weak WHCU as I drove back to CT across the Southern Tier Expressway. I caught the pregame as I got on the road, but then the sun went down and WHCU dropped the broadcast power. I heard one Scali pass in between lots of New Orleans Saints talk on WWL (I can tell you how most Saints fans weigh in on the question "playoffs or layoffs." PM me for details). The next time I heard Jason's voice was when he was telling me that tomorrow's game starts at 4 pm as he was wrapping up the post-game show.

BTW, most of the game-time drive, I was within 30 miles of Ithaca. I could pull in just about every Ithaca FM station just fine.

Rich, when WHCU made the change from FM to AM, many years ago, I raised a lot hell about it. As someone who lives in the Elmira-area, I can no longer listen to the away games. At the time of the change, I wrote to the station and I wrote to every sponsor. In my letters to the sponsors, I pointed out just how much less "bang for the buck" their advertising dollars were getting out of advertising on CU Hockey AM broadcasts (versus FM). Obviously, none of my efforts were effective.

WHCU is locked in on this concept that there are better uses for their FM transmitters (than broadcasting CU Hockey). Despite the fact that other schools/teams broadcast on FM, I don't see WHCU changing any time soon. bang

If anyone out there knows anyone in management at that station, now group of stations, a little well-placed pressure at the top might be helpful.

Lynah South
Posted by: ebilmes (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: December 30, 2007 04:14PM

Anyone want to make a donation to change this sign to "Lynah South"? It's directly above the Cornell section.

Re: Lynah South
Posted by: Rita (---.16.29.66.cust.uslec.net)
Date: December 30, 2007 08:48PM

ebilmes
Anyone want to make a donation to change this sign to "Lynah South"? It's directly above the Cornell section.

I would make a donation to help bring the band/mini-band. Lauren and Rich... my nephew missed you. He was disappointed that there wasn't a band this year.

He has kept his streak alive of falling asleep during the second game. Unfortunately, he is getting too big for me to carry out of the arena!

Here's hoping the team left that dreadful PP "strategy" and the post-exam rust in Florida.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login