Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

WJC on tv

Posted by cbuckser 
WJC on tv
Posted by: cbuckser (---)
Date: December 16, 2002 09:57AM

TSN will broadcast all of Team Canada's games.

[www.tsn.ca]

I am trying to figure out how I can watch the games in Northern California. If I can acquire that information (big dish coordinates?), I will post it. Likewise, if somebody else learns how to get a satellite feed in the US (other than by watching near the Canadian border), I would appreciate having that information.

Thank you.

Re: WJC on tv
Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: December 16, 2002 11:22AM

I seem to recall reading something saying that YES would be carrying the USA games. Can anyone confirm this?

Date: December 16, 2002 11:53AM

YES will televise the USA's playoff games. There will be audio broadcasts of all of the USA's games on usahockey.com.

Source: [www.usahockey.com]

Listen in to all the action from the U.S. games at the World Junior Championship right here at USAHockey.com! Join play-by-play announcer Jim Rich as he calls all the games from Nova Scotia, and check back for the link to the audiocasts.

In addition, all U.S. playoff games will be televised on the YES Network (DirecTV Ch. 622).

Date: December 26, 2002 07:19PM

As Peterg notes on a different thread, the NHL Center Ice package is broadcasting tonight's Canada-Sweden game. The game can be seen on channel 549 on Dish Network.

Date: December 28, 2002 01:07PM

The Center Ice Package is broadcasting today's Canada-Czech Rep. game. TSJ's coverage begins at 1:30 EST. If you have Dish Network, the game will be on channel 540.

Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz '84 (---)
Date: December 28, 2002 03:22PM

Can you get these games on DirectTV too?

Perhaps I'll start a thread when the time comes, but I'll be moving in March and I want to know what the best TV package will be for watching Cornell sports. Is the YES network available on satellite? DirectTV vs. Dish? Paper or plastic?

YES
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: December 28, 2002 04:16PM

YES is available on DirecTV as part of the sports package that includes just about every Fox Sports station on the planet as well as Empire and probably a few others. But it doesn't seem to include whoever it is that's doing the Canada team's WJC games.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: December 28, 2002 06:09PM

Fleury got another shutout for Canada. It is going to be hard for LeNeveu to get into a game.

[www.tsn.ca]

Date: December 28, 2002 07:23PM

Seems to me if they're ever gonna play him it would be against Germany.

Date: December 29, 2002 02:14PM

TSN's tv coverage of the Canada-Germany game, which Dave LeNeveu will start (as noted in another thread) begins at 2:30 pm EST. The puck should drop at about 3:10 EST. The game will be broadcast on channel 543 on Dish Network. I don't know which channel the game will be broadcast on Direct TV.

Re: YES
Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz '84 (---)
Date: December 29, 2002 04:00PM

Thanks, Al. Do you have DirectTV? If you do, are you satisfied with it (other than not being able to watch today's WJC game)?

Posted by: DR (---)
Date: December 29, 2002 04:03PM

1-0 germany after the first

Re: YES
Date: December 29, 2002 08:19PM

We're very happy with DirecTV so far. Picture quality is much better than the AT&T cable we had before. Only concern is their financial situation, and whether they'll survive if the merger (takeover?) with Dish is not approved.

Posted by: melissa (---)
Date: December 31, 2002 07:31AM

center ice freakin rocks. can vs. finland on tonite at 7. i'm 99.9% certain you won't be seeing lenny but i'm still happier than a 300 pound kid in a candy store. guess i won't be scrubbing off my many maple leaf tatoos just yet! :)

Posted by: REDhead (---)
Date: December 31, 2002 01:00PM

Melissa, have a blast watching LeNeveu in goal tonite! Seems like you're a big personal fan so you must be flyin' high at this point, even tho the general Canadian-on-the-street seems to have doubts about Dave's abilities.

We know better, eh?

Does anyone know if there will be any webcast of the game?

Posted by: Melissa'01 (---)
Date: December 31, 2002 01:34PM

Big personal fan? Nah. No more than I am of any member of the Red (except the McRae's which are a definite favorite) but thanks all the same. It was truly amazing to see one of our very own dressed in the Canadian jersey surrounded by the excitement that the WJC generates in Canada. Not wanting to go against my country or anything but I really hope that Fleury falters - not necessarily losing but coming close - so that we all can maybe get a chance to see a member of the Big Red play in the WJC - maybe against the USA. hmmm. now that would be interesting - as long as Canada won! ;-)

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: December 31, 2002 03:35PM

I think REDhead may have actually scooped Melissa on something about the Canadian WJC team!

Anyway, as both have pointed out (REDhead here, Melissa on another thread), Lenny is expected to play tonight.

Posted by: melissa'01 (---)
Date: December 31, 2002 03:43PM

ahhh. wow. you are right. chalk it up to jet lag but i completely missed that part of his post. think i read something along the lines of "enjoy watching canada play". completely missed the fact that it said that lenny would be playing in net. hmmm. yup. was totally beat to that one. hmmmm. now my comments about lenny probably not playing again look really stupid. oh well. i'm tired and i guess a bit ditzy too - but since i'm a cornell hockey fan i hope that it more or less is all excused. happy new year all and hope that a lot of you can catch the game.

Date: December 31, 2002 03:52PM

NHL Center Ice subcribers who have Dish Network can watch the Canada-Finland game on channel 549. TSN's tv coverage begins at 7:00 EST. The game should start ten minutes later.

Posted by: ugarte (63.94.240.---)
Date: December 31, 2002 05:03PM

No worries, Melissa. I think that the oddsmakers had it at only .05% that Fleury would come down with a stomach ailment.

Date: January 06, 2003 01:24PM

An NHL Center Ice contact person responded to my complaints this morning. The reason why the Canada-USA semifinal game and the bronze and gold medal games were not televised on the Center Ice package was that the YES network had national rights to the games.

Perhaps the YES network forked over more money for exclusive rights than the YES network and Center Ice package would have spent for shared broadcasting rights. If all things were equal, I think it was unwise to give exclusive rights to the YES network to broadcast a few games on tape delay and not show the gold-medal game. The IIHF, or whoever is in charge of broadcasting, should have insisted on retaining rights for the NHL Center Ice package, which has a more targeted hockey-fan audience, to show all the games live. Giving exclusive rights to a regional sports network that most Americans, including many people in the New York area for whom Cablevision is their cable television carrier, cannot watch is an awful way to cultivate Americans' interest in the tournament.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login