Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Anyone not going to Albany?

Posted by Jonathan.Ley 
Anyone not going to Albany?
Posted by: Jonathan.Ley (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 11:44AM

I cannot make the trip to Albany and was wondering if there were any faithful also not making the trip who will be gathering somewhere in Ithaca to watch the games on television.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2008 02:17PM by Jonathan.Ley.

Re: Anyone not going to Albany?
Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 18, 2008 11:56AM

Jonathan.Ley
I cannot make the trip to Albany and was wondering if there were any faithful also not making the trip who will be gathering to watch the games on television.

You might want to specify which city you'd like to gather in. All we know from your post is you'll be in not-Albany. :-)

Posted by: Jonathan.Ley (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 02:16PM

Sorry, I forgot to specify. Anyone gathering in Ithaca to watch the games on television?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 02:55PM

Jonathan.Ley
Sorry, I forgot to specify. Anyone gathering in Ithaca to watch the games on television?
But why oh why would you ever want to watch the game in Ithaca when you could make the trip to Albany?

(Cue the outraged folks with stories of family commitments, schoolwork and lack of transportation. :-D)

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 18, 2008 03:13PM

KeithK
Jonathan.Ley
But why oh why would you ever want to watch the game in Ithaca when you could make the trip to Albany?

(Cue the outraged folks with stories of family commitments, schoolwork and lack of transportation. :-D)
Goddamit, I have a dog with emphysema, a dissertation due on Monday and my car is on blocks. I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that making fun of the less fortunate reflects very poorly on you and your cold, black heart.

Posted by: redice (---.154.218.72.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 03:27PM

Keith,

I've seen the word "cue" used so often that I'm left wondering if you're a billiards shark.... :-P

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 03:48PM

ugarte
I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that making fun of the less fortunate reflects very poorly on you and your cold, black heart.
As someone whose heart is a refrigerated piece of obsidian, I take offense to that.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 03:51PM

ftyuv
ugarte
I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that making fun of the less fortunate reflects very poorly on you and your cold, black heart.
As someone whose heart is a refrigerated piece of obsidian, I take offense to that.

How dare you make fun of refrigerators like that. cuss

Not all of us were blessed with being born of flesh and bone instead of metal and mechanical compressors. Some of my best friends are refrigerators drunk, and they deserve the same respect you'd ask of them.

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:04PM

ugarte
Goddamit, I have a dog with emphysema, a dissertation due on Monday and my car is on blocks. I'm sure I'm not alone when I tell you that making fun of the less fortunate reflects very poorly on you and your cold, black heart.

Your dog doesn't matter. Fragile elderly people who can't stand during games don't matter. Polls don't matter. All that matters is winning out in Albany **]

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:39PM

DeltaOne81
ftyuv
ugarte

Not all of us were blessed with being born of flesh and bone instead of metal and mechanical compressors. Some of my best friends are refrigerators drunk, and they deserve the same respect you'd ask of them.
Refrigerators are lazy and smell bad. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. And don't even get me started on all the jobs they take away from good, hardworking, American iceboxes. Seriously, I'm all for tolerance and all that jazz, but most refrigerators just don't belong in our country. And don't tell me it's all just cultural or whatever, you know that's BS.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 05:49PM

ftyuv
DeltaOne81
ftyuv
ugarte

Refrigerators are lazy and smell bad. I'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. And don't even get me started on all the jobs they take away from good, hardworking, American iceboxes. Seriously, I'm all for tolerance and all that jazz, but most refrigerators just don't belong in our country. And don't tell me it's all just cultural or whatever, you know that's BS.

And he didn't even talk about what the freon does to the ozone layer!help

Posted by: CKinsland (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 08:55PM

There is this Craigslist ad:

[ithaca.craigslist.org]

I have no connection to the ad.

CK

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 09:01PM

"Strictly platonic", eh?

Posted by: CKinsland (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 09:06PM

metaezra
"Strictly platonic", eh?

I dunno...if the game goes well for CU, I might be inclined to spread a little love. But, it looks like my plans are to listen to the game on the radio, trying not to wake the little people by yelling and screaming.

watch together on campus?
Posted by: cytmike (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2008 09:09PM

Is there a place for people on campus to watch together? ...like Cornell store or Statler or Johnson school? I can watch it at home, but it's more fun with more people!

Re: watch together on campus?
Date: March 20, 2008 10:08PM

cytmike
Is there a place for people on campus to watch together? ...like Cornell store or Statler or Johnson school? I can watch it at home, but it's more fun with more people!

I would head down to the Commons. Try Benchwarmers.

Posted by: jy3 (---.alb.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:04AM

my wife and i will be east of albany in amsterdam visiting the inlaws. we cannot go b/c the baby is too young (3 weeks) and not bottling yet :)

but now there are 3 of us from our clan cheering for the big red :)

LGR!

Date: March 21, 2008 11:58AM

jy3
my wife and i will be west of albany in amsterdam visiting the inlaws. we cannot go b/c the baby is too young (3 weeks) and not bottling yet :)

LGR!

Fixed your post. banana

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:11PM

metaezra
jy3
my wife and i will be west of albany in amsterdam visiting the inlaws. we cannot go b/c the baby is too young (3 weeks) and not bottling yet :)

LGR!

Fixed your post. banana

Now I can wave to you as I drive by.

Posted by: jy3 (---.alb.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 22, 2008 05:43PM

lol, and i am usually great with directions. must be the baby lack of sleep.
jim, i missed your wave. we will be there next year, i hope

Posted by: beejj (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 22, 2008 08:46PM

jy3
lol, and i am usually great with directions. must be the baby lack of sleep.
jim, i missed your wave. we will be there next year, i hope
Actually Amsterdam is east of Albany. Make sure you go to the Bulldog. Another great coffeshop is the Hett Ballonjet. And remember to visit the Hieneken Brewery while you're there but get in the first tour because after the tour they put you in a beer hall to show you a film on the history of the brewery and bring in free beer til all the tours have been seated!
drunk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login