Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Riley Nash ECAC ROTY

Posted by pfibiger 
Riley Nash ECAC ROTY
Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 10:09PM

Nash and Mike Devin both on the ECAC All-Rookie team, Colin Greening on 2nd team All-ECAC.

The full list:

[www.cornellbigred.com]

ECAC Hockey Awards
First-Team All-League
G – Kyle Richter, Harvard
D – Grant Clitsome, Clarkson
D – Mike Moore, Princeton
F – Nick Johnson, Dartmouth
F – Lee Jubinville, Princeton
F – Steve Zalewski, Clarkson

Second-Team All-League
G – David Leggio, Clarkson
D – Lane Caffaro, Union
D – Sean Hurley, Brown
F ‐‐ Tyler Burton, Colgate
F – Colin Greening, Cornell
F – Brett Wilson, Princeton

Third-Team All-League
G – Mark Dekanich, Colgate
D – Alex Biega, Harvard
D – Zach Miskovic, St. Lawrence
D – Evan Stephens, Dartmouth
F – Sean Backman, Yale
F – Matt Beca, Clarkson
F – Jesse Winchester, Colgate

All-Rookie Team
G – Corey Milan, Union
D – Mike Devin, Cornell
D – Evan Stephens, Dartmouth
F – Riley Nash, Cornell
F – Chase Polacek, Rensselaer
F – Adam Presizniuk, Union

Player of the Year
Lee Jubinville, Princeton

Rookie of the Year
Riley Nash, Cornell

Ken Dryden Award (Goaltender of the Year)
Kyle Richter, Harvard

Best Defensive Forward
Nick Dodge, Clarkson

Best Defensive Defenseman
Mike Moore, Princeton

Tim Taylor Award (Coach of the Year)
Guy Gadowsky, Princeton

Turfer Athletic Award
Princeton

Re: Riley Nash ECAC ROTY
Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 10:22PM

pfibiger
All-Rookie Team
D – Mike Devin, Cornell

Really? help

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 10:34PM

I'm shocked Dekanich didn't win the Dryden.

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2008 11:53PM

Chris '03
I'm shocked Dekanich didn't win the Dryden.

Dex had an insanely great three weeks from the end of January to about mid-February (including three straight shutouts), was pretty much the main reason Colgate finished eighth instead of about eleventh, and has been the difference so far in Colgate's playoff run. However, in ECAC conference-only stats, ( [www.ecachockey.com] ), Richter beats Dekanich in GAA (1.82 to 2.02) and sv% (.935 to .928) and also played more minutes in conference games than any other ECAC goalie. Except for the fact that Richter plays for Sucks, giving him the Dryden is not indefensible.

In fact, Scrivens also beat out Dekanich in conference stats (1.88 GAA, .932 sv%)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 12:36AM

Be that as it may, I have a hunch Chris is thinking back to Oli Jonas.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:28AM

Josh '99

Yes. The senior bias in this award would favor Dekanich the same way Jonas took it on '01. Let's hope the team does to Richter what they did to Jonas after the day after he won the award.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:48AM

ebilmes
pfibiger
All-Rookie Team
D – Mike Devin, Cornell

Really? help

Mike Devin has more responsibility than any other freshman on the team. For all the tough spots he is forced to play, he does remarkably well and deserves the all-rookie team honors.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 10:59AM

JDeafv
ebilmes
pfibiger
All-Rookie Team
D – Mike Devin, Cornell

Really? help

Mike Devin has more responsibility than any other freshman on the team. For all the tough spots he is forced to play, he does remarkably well and deserves the all-rookie team honors.

Schafer gives him lots of ice time, but I've seen this as more a reflection of the poor alternatives (Johnston, Berk) than of Devin's play. He hasn't been bad for a freshman, but I find it hard to believe that he was one of the two best rookie defensemen in the ECAC.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:22AM

ebilmes
Schafer gives him lots of ice time, but I've seen this as more a reflection of the poor alternatives (Johnston, Berk) than of Devin's play. He hasn't been bad for a freshman, but I find it hard to believe that he was one of the two best rookie defensemen in the ECAC.

Johnston and Berk are not battling Devin for ice time. Nash, Seminoff, Krantz, and Krueger are the choices Schafer has for prime minutes on the ice in pressure situations, including playing against the other team's top line, power-play, and penalty-kill and he chooses Devin, that says a lot about how talented Devin is in the mind of the coaches.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 01:04PM

Chris '03
Josh '99

Yes. The senior bias in this award would favor Dekanich the same way Jonas took it on '01. Let's hope the team does to Richter what they did to Jonas after the day after he won the award.

Disappointing that Scrivens wasn't able to crack any of those teams, as he certainly had the numbers to deserve it. I suppose he was the major loser in the previously mentioned "senior biased" voting.

Posted by: beejj (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:35PM

BCrespi
Chris '03
Josh '99

Disappointing that Scrivens wasn't able to crack any of those teams, as he certainly had the numbers to deserve it. I suppose he was the major loser in the previously mentioned "senior biased" voting.
Here, here...Scrivens got ripped off!

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:51PM

beejj

Sigh. For a bunch of well-educated fans, there really has been an egregious amount of sloppy grammar and spelling on this board recently.

Okay. So maybe I'm just a bit annoyed because both the Big Red and the Sabres have reached the end of their seasons today.

Posted by: beejj (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 21, 2008 09:59PM

metaezra
beejj

Sigh. For a bunch of well-educated fans, there really has been an egregious amount of sloppy grammar and spelling on this board recently.

Okay. So maybe I'm just a bit annoyed because both the Big Red and the
Sabres have reached the end of their seasons today.
Thats a really busch league thing to say.upto

Oilers fan thoughts
Posted by: sah67 (---.customer.static.ip.paetec.net)
Date: March 22, 2008 02:22PM

Some funny comments about Riley in the semi-final game from the Oilers prospects thread on hfboards.com:

Oilers Fan
I was impressed with his try, he battled older, stronger players and won battles, made butter passes to numbskulls who missed the freaking net. It was a blanket defense by Harvard, very little flow, but Nash made several fine moves (two stunners: first, a terrific move wide on LW cleanly beating the high forward and getting clearance on the defender for a bad angle shot that went off the net; second, a gritty play down low and then a sweet pass to some dumbass who ripped it 4000 feet wide) that represented the most skill on the ice yesterday.

I don't know which I'd prefer, "roll-players and grinders" or "numbskulls and dumbasses". ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login