Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - November 2007

Posted by pfibiger 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Alumni in the Pros - November 2007
Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:16AM

As asked, I'm copying over this set of tables. Feel free to post scoring updates and I'll incorporate them:
Updated through 11-14-07

Skaters
Name		Team			League			GP-G -A -P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cam Abbott	Frisk Tigers		GET-ligaen		16-12-08-20
Chris Abbott	Frisk Tigers		GET-ligaen		16-10-11-21
Byron Bitz	Providence Bruins	AHL			08-01-02-03
Mitch Carefoot	Phoenix Roadrunners	ECHL			12-02-04-06
Charlie Cook	HIFK Helsinki		SM-liiga		21-00-03-03
P.C. Drouin	Nottingham Panthers	EIHL			20-06-11-17
Jon Gleed	Hamilton Bulldogs	AHL			10-00-02-02
Dan Glover 	Fresno Falcons 		ECHL 			03-00-01-01
Shane Hynes	Portland Pirates	AHL			00-00-00-00
Mike Iggulden	Worcester Sharks	AHL			12-08-09-17
Ryan Kindret	Mississippi		CHL			09-01-02-03
Mike Knoepfli	HC Lugano		SEHV NLA		19-00-03-03
Mark McCutcheon	Lake Erie Monsters	AHL			08-00-01-01
Kevin McLeod	Texas Brahmas		CHL			09-02-04-06
Matt Moulson	Los Angeles Kings	NHL			04-02-00-02
		Manchester Monarchs	AHL			08-05-04-09
Douglas Murray	San Jose Sharks		NHL			12-00-02-02
Ryan O'Byrne	Hamilton Bulldogs	AHL			13-01-05-06
Daniel Pegoraro	Bossier-Shreveport	CHL			10-03-05-08
Sasha Pokulok	Hershey Bears		AHL			08-00-01-01
Tony Romano	London Knights		OHL			19-06-05-11
Doug Stienstra	Tilburg Trappers	Hlnd			XX-XX-XX-XX
Ryan Vesce	HIFK Helsinki		SM-liiga		21-05-08-13

Goaltenders
Name			Team			League		GP-W-L-SOL	GAA	SV%
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David LeNeveu		San Antonio		AHL		04-00-01-02	2.98	.898	
David McKee		Iowa Stars		AHL		02-00-02-00	5.11	.841
			Augusta Lynx		ECHL		01-00-01-00	8.52	.806
			Phoenix Roadrunners	ECHL		00-00-00-00	X.XX	.XXX
Jean-Marc Pelletier	Hamburg Freezers	DEL		21-07-07-00	2.91	.902

Coaching
Name
----------------------
Doug Derraugh		Cornell	W.			ECAC
Shaun Hannah		Sacred Heart			AHA
Casey Jones (A)		Ohio State			CCHA
Brian McCutcheon (A)	Buffalo Sabres			NHL
Duanne Moeser (A)	Augsburg Panthers		DEL
Mike Schafer		Cornell				ECAC

Managing
Name
-------
Craig Brush	President/GM		Florida Everblades	ECHL
Jim Edmands	Director of Bus. Ops.	Toronto Marlies		AHL
Lance Nethery	Team/Sports Mgr.	Frankfurt Lions		DEL
Joe Nieuwendyk	Special Consult. to GM	Florida Panthers	NHL

Played Professional Hockey Last Year
But Not On Any Roster This Year
-----------------------------------
Stephen Bâby		Springfield Falcons	AHL	retired
Tony Bergin		Morzine-Avoriaz 	France
Jeff Burgoyne		Tillburg Trappers	EIHL	retired - [www.eliteleague.co.uk]
Jeremy Downs		Bossier-Shreveport	CHL	retired
Jason Elliott		Bietigheim-Bissingen SC	2.GBun
Greg Hornby 		Phoenix Roadrunners 	ECHL
Kent Manderville 	Espoo Blues 		FNL 	going to law school - [www.nhlpa.com]
Danny Powell 		Pee Dee Cyclones 	SPHL
Ben Wallace 		Johnstown Chiefs 	ECHL

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 11:21AM by pfibiger.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2007
Posted by: redhair34 (---.c3-0.nwt-ubr2.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:33AM

Wow that's great...thanks!banana

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 05:36AM

pfibiger
Mike Knoepfli	HC Lugano		Nationalliga A		16-00-02-02

A more specific way to identify this as the Swiss league would be to call it "SEHV NLA". Although officially it's known by both that German acronym and the corresponding French one "LSHG LNA". Or, at least it was; they seem annoyingly to have re-branded it as "Swiss Ice Hockey" rolleyes

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: KP '06 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 09:08AM

Anybody know what happened with Bâby?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 10:02AM

jtwcornell91
pfibiger

A more specific way to identify this as the Swiss league would be to call it "SEHV NLA".

Yup, that woulda made it clear to me. Although perhaps it woulda been ever better had you spelled it out in the native dialect. I know its always helpful when jtw does that ;)

Date: November 01, 2007 11:11AM

DeltaOne81
jtwcornell91
pfibiger

A more specific way to identify this as the Swiss league would be to call it "SEHV NLA".

Yup, that woulda made it clear to me. Although perhaps it woulda been ever better had you spelled it out in the native dialect. I know its always helpful when jtw does that ;)

And "DEL" is more obvious? ;)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:21PM

jtwcornell91
DeltaOne81
jtwcornell91
pfibiger

It is in that a lot of hockey fans already know what it stands for. :-D

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:39PM

Josh '99
jtwcornell91
DeltaOne81
jtwcornell91
pfibiger

It is in that a lot of hockey fans already know what it stands for. :-D

And those who didn't could probably figure it would from the fact a team is in Hamburg.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 06:55PM

ESPN is showing Matt Moulson as recalled by the LA Kings as of today. The Kings play the Sharks tomorrow. Hope to see Matt in the lineup!

LGR!

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 06:59PM

crodger1
ESPN is showing Matt Moulson as recalled by the LA Kings as of today. The Kings play the Sharks tomorrow. Hope to see Matt in the lineup!

LGR!

He gets the call up due to an injury to Kyle Calder who is a grinder who parks in front of the net. I'm guessing the kings will put Scott Thornton in the lineup and keep Moulson for insurance for a bit.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: November 01, 2007 07:06PM

crodger1

LGR!

Matt's recall is also posted on the King's website:

At least he will (should!) know enough to keep his head up when #3 is on the ice for the sharks.:-P

I wonder if Douglas will deliver a hit that will make the earth shake like this? uhoh

Date: November 01, 2007 07:32PM

I'm going to the game on Saturday, so I guess I'll break out my CU jersey and hope Matt gets to play as well as Douglas.

Date: November 02, 2007 10:36PM

According to the NHL.com rosters it looks like Moulson is actually getting in the game tonight despite not even practicing with the team yet. Unfortunately Douglas is out tonight because the Sharks signed Sandis Ozolinsh today and he is playing.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2007 10:58PM

Jacob '06
According to the NHL.com rosters it looks like Moulson is actually getting in the game tonight despite not even practicing with the team yet. Unfortunately Douglas is out tonight because the Sharks signed Sandis Ozolinsh today and he is playing.
Matt's taking a regular shift and twice has been out against SJ's Thornton line. One blocked shot midway through the first.

Matt gets his first shot on goal, but is on the ice for Marleau's goal so is now -1. Marleau's goal came 9 seconds after a SJ power play expired and was his fourth shot on goal in a five second span.

First mention of "Cornell University" during Matt's first shift in period two...and the fact that his degree is in "economics."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2007 11:39PM by Al DeFlorio.

Date: November 02, 2007 11:09PM

Al DeFlorio
Jacob '06
Matt's taking a regular shift and twice has been out against SJ's Thornton line. One blocked shot midway through the first.

He actually started the game which I just think is nuts. I hope he is playing tomorrow when I'm at the game.

Date: November 02, 2007 11:53PM

Moulson just scored his first NHL goal in his first NHL game.

Posted by: jkahn (71.194.175.---)

Moulson scores.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)

Well Matt Moulson gets a souvenier from his first NHL game banana.

Matt's goal makes it 2-1 Kings with 5 minutes left in the 2nd.

Not a Cornell alum, but Ithaca native Dustin Brown just scored to make it 3-1 at the end of 2 periods.

Have fun at the game tomorrow night Jacob. If you wear your Cornell jersey, it would be cool if Matt and/or Douglas acknowledged it with a stick tap or something.

ps.. take good notes. If I just heard the Sharks announcers, there will not be any TV coverage tomorrow night.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 11:37AM by Rita.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 03, 2007 12:41AM

awesome

Posted by: crodger1 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2007 01:20AM

Rita
Have fun at the game tomorrow night Jacob. If you wear your Cornell jersey, it would be cool if Matt and/or Douglas acknowledged it with a stick tap or something.

ps.. take good notes. If I just heard the Sharks announceres, there will not be any TV coverage tomorrow night.

Good luck getting picked up out of the crowd, though... I'm not that convinced the players on the ice really see the fans in the stands. But definitely wear the jersey!

FWIW, the radio call for the game should be online somewhere tomorrow. It's crazy to me that the could be no TV broadcast of an NHL game... very sad comment on the state of the league's TV deals.

LGR, and congrats to Matt!

Chris

Date: November 03, 2007 01:30AM

Here's a link to the goal (hopefully this will work!)
[www.nhl.tv]

Date: November 03, 2007 02:02AM

FWIW, the radio call for the game should be online somewhere tomorrow. It's crazy to me that the could be no TV broadcast of an NHL game... very sad comment on the state of the league's TV deals.

LGR, and congrats to Matt!

Chris

The audio feed will be available on NHL.com. As for the video... blame Pac 10 football. Fox Sports Net is the main carrier of Pac10 football and tomorrow night there is a "double header" with games at 6:30 pm EDT and 10:00 pm EDT.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2007 09:58AM by Rita.

Posted by: ugarte (---.247.72-86.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: November 03, 2007 05:28AM

crodger1
Here's a link to the goal (hopefully this will work!)
[www.nhl.tv]
Thanks

Posted by: Larry72 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2007 09:14AM

Watched the LA-San Jose game on NHL Center Ice last night. Matt's goal came on a bit of a lazy play by SJ. Their defenseman passed the puck out from behind their net that was picked off and then fed to LA's Michal Handzus who found Matt in the high slot just above the hash marks (where else)! Nice shot into the top left hand corner of the net. Murray didn't play last night for SJ. He's on injured reserve.

Larry

Date: November 03, 2007 11:28AM

Jacob '06

I'll stop adding things soon, but I'm pleased for Matt. Part of a story I found online included more info on how little prep time he had:

CBS2.com
Streaking! Kings Knock Off San Jose
Nov 2, 2007 11:30 pm US/Pacific

(AP) SAN JOSE A backup goalie and a sleep-deprived rookie made sure the San Jose Sharks stayed stuck in their early-season slump.

<snip>

Moulson, a former Cornell star, was called up by the Kings on Thursday -- his 24th birthday -- when Kyle Calder went on injured reserve.

Moulson had just stepped out of the shower after a minor-league practice in Manchester, N.H., when he got orders to get on a plane to the Bay Area, where he spent a sleepless night before his debut.

"I was just trying to think about calming my nerves down out there," Moulson said. "It felt good to get on the ice and just try to concentrate on the game."

Moulson got his first goal on a feed from Michal Handzus late in the second period, firing a shot from the slot.

<snip>

Posted by: bjybjy (---.buffalo.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2007 10:48PM

It says on on yahoo sports news feed on the sharks that Murray was placed on injured reserve yesterday with an undisclosed injury. :-/ Hope he can get himself fixed up soon.

At least we have Moulson to cheer for now.

Date: November 03, 2007 10:55PM

bjybjy
It says on on yahoo sports news feed on the sharks that Murray was placed on injured reserve yesterday with an undisclosed injury. :-/ Hope he can get himself fixed up soon.

I think he has a hangnail.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2007 11:14PM

Very nice. Thank you.

You might consider a key to the league abbreviations for those who don't know beyond NHL, AHL, and ECAC.

Date: November 03, 2007 11:18PM

Moulson taking a regular shift tonight against the Sharks in LA and seeing time on the power play. +1 on the night through the first period, but no goals or assists so far. Two shots on goal at even strength and two blocked shots.

Date: November 03, 2007 11:20PM

Al DeFlorio
Moulson taking a regular shift tonight against the Sharks in LA and seeing time on the power play. +1 on the night through the first period, but no goals or assists so far. Two shots on goal at even strength and two blocked shots.

According to the folks on the Kings board at HF, he drew two penalties. He must be turning some heads.

Date: November 04, 2007 01:43AM

redhair34
Al DeFlorio

According to the folks on the Kings board at HF, he drew two penalties. He must be turning some heads.

Yeah he looked pretty solid out there tonight. The Kings couldn't put 2 passes together to save their lives, or they would've been much more in that game. It seemed Matt was on the "defensive forwards" line with Handzus for a lot of the game, but he still managed to generate some offense.

Date: November 05, 2007 11:25AM

I know there is another thread, but Moulson was sent back down to Manchester. According to speculation by the LA Times it might be in part due to the salary cap:

[EDIT: Note -- I don't understand how it would impact the salary cap.]

Lisa Dillman, LA Times

Kings' Moulson sent to minors
November 5, 2007

Matt Moulson's first trip to the NHL was a brief one, as the Kings sent the 24-year-old forward back to their minor league affiliate in Manchester (N.H.) on Sunday.

In two games with the Kings, both against the San Jose Sharks, Moulson had one goal, which came in his NHL debut Friday. He was called up from Manchester on Thursday.

The move was made for two reasons: to create salary cap space down the road and because the Kings don't play again until Saturday.

-- Lisa Dillman
[www.latimes.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2007 11:28AM by crodger1.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.bc.edu)
Date: November 05, 2007 11:39AM

Matt's on a two-way contract. They have to pay his NHL salary for every day he is on the roster (which contributes to the salary cap). His AHL salary doesn't count against the cap. So they save money and save cap space. Don't be surprised if he is called up again later this week (unless they are making a trade--but I doubt that). Then again, they could be bringing up someone else.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2007 11:39AM by redhair34.

Date: November 05, 2007 11:39AM

crodger1
I know there is another thread, but Moulson was sent back down to Manchester. According to speculation by the LA Times it might be in part due to the salary cap:

[EDIT: Note -- I don't understand how it would impact the salary cap.]

Every day a player is on the NHL roster, his salary counts against the salary cap. Since the Monarchs don't play until Friday, and the Kings don't play until Saturday, they are just symbolically sending him down to get his salary back on to the Monarchs tab, and I'm guessing they'll call him back up on Saturday. I'm pretty sure the Kings are still down Ivanans and Calder, so they will need him for Saturdays game.

Edit: redhair beat me and said the same thing by a few seconds :)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2007 11:40AM by Jacob '06.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 05, 2007 12:43PM

Jacob '06
Since the Monarchs don't play until Friday, and the Kings don't play until Saturday, they are just symbolically sending him down to get his salary back on to the Monarchs tab, and I'm guessing they'll call him back up on Saturday.
If that's true (and it sounds very reasonable) then it sucks for Moulson, who gets "symbolically gypped out of some money. Then again, when you're getting a chance to play in the NHL you can't really complain too much.

Date: November 05, 2007 12:45PM

I've heard from a reliable source that Matt will be called up in time for the King's next game on Saturday. This suggests that the move was for cap reasons.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.cable.ubr02.dals.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: November 05, 2007 01:33PM

Jacob '06
What a waste. Ozolinsh was washed up two years ago.

Posted by: AnneDVM (---.209.51.230.conversent.net)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:06PM

He doesn't get the NHL salary, but they do get "travel pay" every time they go up and down, so I've heard that they don't mind bouncing back and forth a bit. I don't know how the two $ amounts compare, but at least there's some compensation for having to fly across the country multiple times...

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:11PM

KeithK
If that's true (and it sounds very reasonable) then it sucks for Moulson, who gets "symbolically Romansched out of some money. Then again, when you're getting a chance to play in the NHL you can't really complain too much.

Fixed your post.:)

Date: November 05, 2007 02:13PM

AnneDVM
He doesn't get the NHL salary,

Didn't realize that...thanks for the correction!

Re: Racism
Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 05, 2007 08:29PM

Roy 82
KeithK
If that's true (and it sounds very reasonable) then it sucks for Moulson, who gets "symbolically Jewed out of some money. Then again, when you're getting a chance to play in the NHL you can't really complain too much.

Now we've got it.

Edit: Fixed the subject line for Kevin.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 09:42AM by ugarte.

Posted by: Avash (---.dhcp.chop.edu)
Date: November 06, 2007 11:17AM

Cook and Vesce update -- [cornellbigred.com]

Re: Alumni in the Pros - More Descriptive Subjects?
Posted by: Cornell95 (---.natick.army.mil)
Date: November 07, 2007 09:11AM

Can I offer a suggestion that it may be worthwhile to edit the subject line in long threads like this? Really interesting stuff, but by the end of the month these get really long and if I am skimming to catch up it would be nice to know where the break news items (Moulson scores first NHL goal!) were compared to the more mundane

thanks!
Kevin '95

Posted by: whatthe? (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 07, 2007 11:39AM

ugarte
Roy 82
KeithK
If that's true (and it sounds very reasonable) then it sucks for Moulson, who gets "symbolically Jewed out of some money. Then again, when you're getting a chance to play in the NHL you can't really complain too much.

Now we've got it.

Are you f'ing kidding me? I'm afraid I don't see your "humor".

Date: November 07, 2007 12:09PM

whatthe?
ugarte
Roy 82
KeithK

Now we've got it.

Personally, I'm more offended by "subject line for Kevin" than anything else.

For the record, "gypped" is in the dictionary (I checked to make sure I was spelling it right). The corrections are not.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 07, 2007 12:32PM

KeithK
whatthe?
ugarte
Roy 82
KeithK

Now we've got it.

Personally, I'm more offended by "subject line for Kevin" than anything else.

For the record, "gypped" is in the dictionary (I checked to make sure I was spelling it right). The corrections are not.
Oh, for the love of... if "jewed" isn't in your dictionary, Keith, it is a PC dictionary. (See, e.g., here or the SOWPODS dictionary) 'Jewed' has the same racist origin1 that 'gyped' does, even if only the Jewish cabal has enough media influence to get the dictionary makers to add the "offensive" tag. Anyone want to see my bar mitzvah pictures for a dollar?

I changed the subject line for Kevin because he is the person who asked for clarity in subject lines for individual posts in long threads.

1 I acknowledge that jewed (or 'jewed down') is usually used for something closer to haggled than cheated, so it isn't entirely apt as a substitute. I expected Beeeej, our resident vocab cop, to jump on that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2007 12:33PM by ugarte.

Re: ugarte kills Christian babies to use their blood in matzoh
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 07, 2007 12:42PM

ugarte
Oh, for the love of... if "jewed" isn't in your dictionary, Keith, it is a PC dictionary. (See, e.g., here or the SOWPODS dictionary) 'Jewed' has the same racist origin1 that 'gyped' does, even if only the Jewish cabal has enough media influence to get the dictionary makers to add the "offensive" tag. Anyone want to see my bar mitzvah pictures for a dollar?

I changed the subject line for Kevin because he is the person who asked for clarity in subject lines for individual posts in long threads.

1 I acknowledge that jewed (or 'jewed down') is usually used for something closer to haggled than cheated, so it isn't entirely apt as a substitute. I expected Beeeej, our resident vocab cop, to jump on that one.

No, thanks. I usually stay away from discussions of this nature.

In case anybody who's still offended missed ugarte's incredibly subtle introduction of this point, by the way, he's Jewish.

Fixed your subject line.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: ugarte kills Christian babies to use their blood in matzoh
Date: November 07, 2007 01:16PM

Beeeej
In case anybody who's still offended missed ugarte's incredibly subtle introduction of this point, by the way, he's Jewish.

He's also a comedian who likes to do edgy material, FWIW.

Date: November 07, 2007 02:01PM

ugarte

I was just using online dictionaries and I have no sense of how PC or not they are. Or how apt to include slang. I was actually enjoying the back and forth on this. My only "offense" was in seemingly being called by my brother's name by yet another person who didn't even know that I had a brother with that name...

Posted by: redice (---.157.11.178.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: November 07, 2007 04:44PM

KeithK
.....seemingly being called by my brother's name by yet another person who didn't even know that I had a brother with that name...

You're not alone on this one!! I've come to the conclusion that, if your brother's first name begins with the same letter as yours, it gonna happen. And, for 23 years, I worked for a guy who had the same first name as my brother. So, people in my business circles made that connection too. UGH!!

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.moore.clarkson.edu)
Date: November 07, 2007 05:37PM

Happens to me all the time... I am so sick of being called Dan it isn't even funny

Kings Recall Moulson
Date: November 07, 2007 07:44PM

Re: Kings Recall Moulson
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: November 07, 2007 08:08PM

Does anyone know if Matt physically went back to NH? I wonder if his being sent down was just a "paper transaction" because the Monarchs didn't play this week. It does seem stupid to put him on a plane to NH only to fly him back to LA 3 days later.

Just curious.

Rita (who, fortunately, has not been called, mistakenly or otherwise, by either one of her brothers' names). :-P

Re: Kings Recall Moulson
Posted by: redice (---.154.222.153.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: November 07, 2007 09:16PM

Rita
Rita (who, fortunately, has not been called, mistakenly or otherwise, by either one of her brothers' names). :-P

So, now I know to solve this problem.....I'm changing my name to Rita. That will most certainly distinguish me from my brother & my old manager.

Thanks Rita!!!!!!! You're a life saver!!

The other Rita ;-)

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2007 01:35PM

Mike Iggulden is +5 with 13 points in 9 games.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 09, 2007 10:54PM

O'Byrne notched two assists and was +3 as the Bulldogs lost to the Amerks in a shootout. Funny enough,he was given a 10 minute misconduct for instigating a fight, and therefore was not on the ice for any of Rochester's goals, which all came within 10 minutes of his penalty.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2007_D. Murray
Date: November 10, 2007 12:45AM

Douglas Murray was back in the Sharks line-up tonight. banana

Murray was still getting shifts late in a tie game. After Brad May hit Roenick, Murray dropped his gloves and was ready to "tango" with May, however, May declined and just took the 2 minute penalty.

Murray was a +1 and played ~ 10 minutes.

Anaheim won in a SO.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 10, 2007 01:45PM

Ryan Kindret has 1 goal and 2 assists through 7 games for Mississippi.

Re:Moulson or Murray?
Date: November 10, 2007 10:35PM

Stars v. Kings, Coyotes v. Sharks, both 10:30 pm EST start times.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 10, 2007 11:15PM

On Kings broadcast, announcer said he spoke to Matt Moulson this morning, and Matt said he loved his four years at Cornell and that his younger brother will be attending Cornell next year.

Date: November 10, 2007 11:37PM

Kings trail Stars 2-0 after one. Moulson -1. No shots, no hits, no nothing in eight shifts.

Sharks-Coyotes 1-1 six minutes into second. Murray has one "missed shot" in ten shifts.

[Edit: Murray now +1 as Sharks go up 2-1 in the second. Moulson picks up a shot on goal early in the second. Bedtime.]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2007 11:44PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 11, 2007 01:08AM

jkahn
On Kings broadcast, announcer said he spoke to Matt Moulson this morning, and Matt said he loved his four years at Cornell and that his younger brother will be attending Cornell next year.
Update on Chris Moulson
[www.albernivalleybulldogs.ca]

Date: November 11, 2007 01:14AM

Al DeFlorio
Kings trail Stars 2-0 after one. Moulson -1. No shots, no hits, no nothing in eight shifts.

Sharks-Coyotes 1-1 six minutes into second. Murray has one "missed shot" in ten shifts.

[Edit: Murray now +1 as Sharks go up 2-1 in the second. Moulson picks up a shot on goal early in the second. Bedtime.]

While Al was sleeping, the Kings woke up! And how! With less than 9 minutes left in the game and down 4-0, the Kings have scored 5 unanswered goals in 5 min 7 sec, but then take a late penalty (all together now... discipline) and Dallas ties it with a PPG (now headed to OT, Kings win 6-5).

Matt wasn't on the ice for any of them, thus still -1. As mentioned above, Matt had a decent shot on goal and has had a lot of camera time (he still has those distinctive eyebrows ;-)). One thing that the announcers mentioned was how mature he was for a rookie, due in part to his having 4 years of college hockey and a year in the AHL.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2007 07:53PM

This was the lead article on the ECAC website:

[www.ecachockey.com]

Vesce was named player of the game in the 2007 Deutschland Cup.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2007 SJ v. Pho 11/12
Date: November 13, 2007 12:16AM

Good night so far for Murray. He is a +2 and San Jose leads Pheonix 2-0 at the end of two periods. Murray finished at a +4 for the night.

Also Wayne Gretzky has a vineyard in the Niagara region and some of his "signature 99" estate wines are available at his restaurant and in select NHL arenas including MSG. Yes, he does have a RED wine drunk.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2007 01:01AM by Rita.

Date: November 13, 2007 01:52AM

Rita
Good night so far for Murray. He is a +2 and San Jose leads Pheonix 2-0 at the end of two periods. Murray finished at a +4 for the night.

Good to hear Dougie getting credit for something that doesn't involve punching someone else.

Date: November 13, 2007 08:42AM

jtwcornell91
Rita

Good to hear Douglas getting credit for something that doesn't involve punching someone else.

FYP ;-)
(yes, it is hard to get used to)

Date: November 13, 2007 10:27PM

Moulson is playing again tonight for the Kings as they take on the Ducks in Anaheim. I'm pretty sure Brian Hayward does the color of the Kings broadcast, so I'm curious if he will talk about Moulson's time at cornell. I tuned in 5 minutes into the game so I didn't hear anything if he said it early.

Date: November 13, 2007 11:59PM

And Moulson gets his 2nd NHL goal tonight. Pretty easy goal on a wide open back door pass.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: November 14, 2007 12:21AM

I really hope they don't send him down when Calder gets back

Posted by: mgl11 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 01:22AM

for what it's worth, Iggy's days in the AHL maybe numbered...

[www.telegram.com]

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.scrm01.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 03:05AM

With Torrey Mitchell and Devin Setoguchi playing so well in their rookie seasons, Mike Iggulden may need the Sharks to trade a top-12 forward to get a chance.

In other Sharks news, Douglas Murray leads the team in +/-. He is a +9. Joe Thornton and Milan Michalek are tied for second at +5. Kyle McLaren's +! is the second best +/- among Sharks defensemen.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 05:19AM

Too bad they don't play for eastern teams..:`-(

Re: Alumni in the Pros - November 2007 - Iggulden to NHL?
Date: November 14, 2007 07:22AM

To even think about Mike Iggulden making the NHL is nothing short of amazing especially based on his freshman and sophomore year numbers. That's dedication.
               G   A   Pts 

2001-02 1 3 4
2002-03 0 2 2
2003-04 2 8 10
2004-05 10 8 18 <-- 4 SHG
Career 13 21 34

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 07:38AM

Jacob '06
And Moulson gets his 2nd NHL goal tonight. Pretty easy goal on a wide open back door pass.

And he almost scored another one, but Jiguere (sp?) made a sprawling save late in the third period.

Date: November 14, 2007 07:47AM

Jacob '06
Matt did not participate in the shoot-out.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 10:11AM

CowbellGuy would like us all to know that he told us so.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.uml.edu)
Date: November 14, 2007 10:26AM

If only I were home to watch the clip of his GWG against OSU rock

Date: November 14, 2007 10:51AM

It was nice to see that Matt's ice-time went up a bit in each period too:
1st: 3:05
2nd: 4:22
3rd: 5:53

As an aside, I found this site that does the old "shift chart" approach that they used to have on the NHL website:
[www.timeonice.com]

Did anyone else watch the game on FSW (the "rink-view" commentator free version)? It was an interesting (and peaceful) way to see the game. For those who missed it, apparently hockey goalies are as fast as cats, if you believe the "research" they did.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:06AM

Thanks. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the disappearance of the shift charts... the TOI reports are a pain to go though.

Date: November 14, 2007 11:09AM

crodger1

It looks like Matt was skating on a line with O'Sullivan and Frolov--pretty nice linemates. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Calder returns.

Posted by: pfibiger (---.sip.mco.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:22AM

The top post with all the stats has been updated through today. Both Mark McCutcheon and Sasha Pokulok have scored their first AHL points. Tony Romano has started to score for the Knights. David McKee was just traded to Phoenix of the ECHL, where he joins Mitch Carefoot.

Posted by: Avash (---.dhcp.chop.edu)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:29AM

redhair34
crodger1

It looks like Matt was skating on a line with O'Sullivan and Frolov--pretty nice linemates. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Calder returns.

I think he was actually paired with a combination of O'Sullivan, Handzus, and Willsie for most of the game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 11:31AM by Avash '05.

Re: Racism - what about the Irish?
Date: November 14, 2007 12:00PM

The days of "paddy wagon" may be numbered, too.

Date: November 14, 2007 12:09PM

Avash '05
redhair34
crodger1

I think he was actually paired with a combination of O'Sullivan, Handzus, and Willsie for most of the game.

Yeah, I think most of his shifts were with Handzus or O'Sullivan, but I think he'll do much better if he gets out there with Frolov regularly. Fro has been on fire the past couple of games with some nice passes and shots.

Date: November 14, 2007 12:18PM

Avash '05
redhair34
crodger1

He was with Frolov the entire 3rd period.

Posted by: nr53 (---.cisco.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 02:43PM

oceanst41
If only I were home to watch the clip of his GWG against OSU rock

Not quite what you wanted but also a fun goal to watch.

Edit: I also just remembered that if you want a glimpse of that goal just look at the image to the right B-]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 05:42PM by nr53.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 03:06PM

Not a bad one either...

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.uml.edu)
Date: November 14, 2007 03:09PM

DeltaOne81
Not a bad one either...

So who's fired up for Friday now? rock

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 04:30PM

One of the great moments of the last decade of Cornell hockey. And that's saying something.

Date: November 14, 2007 04:33PM

Iggy's doing well for someone once deemed "useless" on this forum.**]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 10:57PM

Murray is +3 so far in tonight's Sharks game that's tied 3-3 going to overtime. Considering how many goals the Sharks seem to score when he's on the ice (as indicated by his very good +/-), it'd be nice if he figured in more of them, but I guess you take what you can get.

Edit: Doug's otherwise good night was somewhat tempered by the fact that he took a penalty late in overtime, but the Sharks were able to kill it off.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 11:06PM by Josh '99.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:11PM

So, Murray's solidifying his place in the line-up, Moulson bursts onto the scene in LA, and Iggulden appears soon headed to the Big Show. All three finished their college eligibility, while the Cornellians who left school early in recent years are, by and large, floundering. Coincidence?

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 11:33PM

scoop85
So, Murray's solidifying his place in the line-up, Moulson bursts onto the scene in LA, and Iggulden appears soon headed to the Big Show. All three finished their college eligibility, while the Cornellians who left school early in recent years are, by and large, floundering. Coincidence?

I think so. But speaking of floundering, there was a headline about one of our favorite flounders in the Hartford Courant today:

[www.courant.com]

Boxing? "Mental Training," I can see.

Date: November 15, 2007 12:28AM

RichH
scoop85

I think so. But speaking of floundering, there was a headline about one of our favorite flounders in the Hartford Courant today:

[www.courant.com]

Ahhhh if only they drafted Parise smashfreak

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 12:52AM

RichH
scoop85

[www.courant.com]

Must we return to this? Some of us are Ranger fans, as we as Cornell fans. Do we really need to be reminded, over and over again, that our organization managed to screw up the 12th overall pick in one of the greatest drafts in NHL history? sigh...

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 01:01AM

Jacob '06
RichH
scoop85

[www.courant.com]

Ahhhh if only they drafted Parise smashfreak

or Getzlaf, or Perry, or Brown, or Seabrook, or Richards... The number of great players drafted in the first round that year (not to mention guys like Bergeron, Weber and Carl that went in the second) will go down as historic.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 01:15AM by evilnaturedrobot.

Date: November 15, 2007 01:42AM

I also vote to relegate this topic to the depths of eLynah obscurity (and hypocritically bump it in the process)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2007 01:43AM by Cactus12.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 15, 2007 11:19AM

scoop85
I'd say that this is a little unfair. Hynes shredded his knee and Pokulok had a serious concussion. O'Byrne is on track for a quick arrival in the NHL. LeNeveu's slow progress is unfortunate but I don't think another year at Cornell was going to help him. McKee left at the perfect time - a year behind a depleted defense would have exposed him.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: November 15, 2007 12:03PM

evilnaturedrobot
RichH
scoop85

[www.courant.com]

Must we return to this? Some of us are Ranger fans, as we as Cornell fans. Do we really need to be reminded, over and over again, that our organization managed to screw up the 12th overall pick in one of the greatest drafts in NHL history? sigh...

Some of us are Flyers fans, so yes. laugh

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login