Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Notes for Quinny game this weekend

Posted by sah67 
Notes for Quinny game this weekend
Posted by: sah67 (---.bu.edu)
Date: October 31, 2007 11:06AM

Q will be without Bud Fisher in goal this weekend due to an injury. Peter Vetri has been getting the ice time in his place.

Q also barely squeaked by American International 3-2 last night and according to some accounts, were outplayed and outhustled. This, after dropping 2 games to Air Force back a week or so ago. This may not be the same team that outworked us, and then swept us at Lynah last March, but then again, neither are we, and after our collapse in Rochester, I think both teams will have a lot to prove.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 11:07AM by sah67.

Re: Notes for Quinny game this weekend
Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 11:58AM

sah67
Q will be without Bud Fisher in goal this weekend due to an injury. Peter Vetri has been getting the ice time in his place.

Q also barely squeaked by American International 3-2 last night and according to some accounts, were outplayed and outhustled. This, after dropping 2 games to Air Force back a week or so ago. This may not be the same team that outworked us, and then swept us at Lynah last March, but then again, neither are we, and after our collapse in Rochester, I think both teams will have a lot to prove.

"Collapse in Rochester"?

We were outworked and outhustled for the first 20 minutes of our season, and then pretty much carried the play for the remaining 2 periods, but just couldn't put one home.

But that's just one man's opinions, I suppose. Sucky game to lose, yes. Collapse, not so much.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 12:45PM

Jordan 04
...and then pretty much carried the play for the remaining 2 periods, but just couldn't put one home.
Quote Sammy Cahn: "It seems to me...I've heard that song before...It's from an old familiar score...I know it well that melody..."

Posted by: CollegeHockeyAddict (---.parsons.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 12:55PM

Hi Cornell fans,

I will be visiting Lynah for the first time this Saturday. I have heard alot of great things about the atmosphere at Lynah so I'm definitely looking forward to the game. I enjoy meeting other fans so if anybody wants to say hi to me please do. I will be wearing a white signed Gopher hockey jersey so I should be pretty easy to pick out.

CollegeHockeyAddict
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 12:56PM by CollegeHockeyAddict.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 02:26PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
Hi Cornell fans,

I will be visiting Lynah for the first time this Saturday. I have heard alot of great things about the atmosphere at Lynah so I'm definitely looking forward to the game. I enjoy meeting other fans so if anybody wants to say hi to me please do. I will be wearing a white signed Gopher hockey jersey so I should be pretty easy to pick out.

CollegeHockeyAddict
A Gopher fan? Time to pull out the torches and pitchforks!!! Burn him at the stake!!!

But seriously, hope you enjoy your visit. I'd stop by and say Hi myself if I weren't 2800 miles from Ithaca...

Date: October 31, 2007 03:07PM

KeithK
CollegeHockeyAddict
Hi Cornell fans,

CollegeHockeyAddict
A Gopher fan? Time to pull out the torches and pitchforks!!! Burn him at the stake!!!

But seriously, hope you enjoy your visit. I'd stop by and say Hi myself if I weren't 2800 miles from Ithaca...

Yes I am a Gopher fan. This is what happens when you grow up in the Twin Cities.

Thanks for the well wish.

By the way, I'll be driving about 20 hours this weekend in order to see the Maine/BC game at Conte on friday and the Cornell/QU at Lynah on saturday. This is what a collegehockeyaddict does when he is 1100 miles from the Twin Cities.

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 04:24PM

Jordan 04

"Collapse in Rochester"?

We were outworked and outhustled for the first 20 minutes of our season, and then pretty much carried the play for the remaining 2 periods, but just couldn't put one home.

But that's just one man's opinions, I suppose. Sucky game to lose, yes. Collapse, not so much.[/quote

I agree that we did carry play for the 2nd and 3rd periods, but I think that once RIT got on the board and started pushing us around, and out-skating us, our players "lost it" a little, and seemed confused/frustrated...this sloppy play led to the inability to finish scoring opportunities, even though we were working hard...that's why I saw it as somewhat of a collapse.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 04:31PM

sah67
This may not be the same team that outworked us, and then swept us at Lynah last March, but then again, neither are we

Part one is good. Farewell, Mr. Cashman.

Part two is even better. Last year in the QF the Red played like they already had tee times. The System takes time to swallow, python-like, the freshmen, but supposedly this year all the returning players are committed to that familiar olde tyme hockey.

I'll be there in the Chartrand sweater -- hope to see some of you.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 05:40PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
KeithK
CollegeHockeyAddict
Hi Cornell fans,

CollegeHockeyAddict

Yes I am a Gopher fan. This is what happens when you grow up in the Twin Cities.

By the way, I'll be driving about 20 hours this weekend in order to see the Maine/BC game at Conte on friday and the Cornell/QU at Lynah on saturday. This is what a collegehockeyaddict does when he is 1100 miles from the Twin Cities.

Awesome. I hope you enjoy your Lynah experience. Where will you be sitting?

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 06:24PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
KeithK
CollegeHockeyAddict
Hi Cornell fans,

CollegeHockeyAddict

Considering the bitter taste that a lot of us have left in our mouth's after last march, I think you might catch lynah on what of it's "better days" (It's sad to say, but it's true.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 06:46PM by evilnaturedrobot.

Date: October 31, 2007 06:45PM

Will

Sec. G, Row 11, Seat 4

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 09:36PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
Will

Sec. G, Row 11, Seat 4
In that case, I believe you will be standing. :-D

Kyle

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 09:38PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
KeithK
CollegeHockeyAddict
Hi Cornell fans,

CollegeHockeyAddict

Should be a great experience for any fan. If you get to the rink early, the ushers won't give you a hard time about mingling about with fans in other parts of the rink; check out the famed Section B.

Look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Posted by: CollegeHockeyAddict (65.201.160.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 09:57PM

krose
CollegeHockeyAddict
Will

Sec. G, Row 11, Seat 4

Kyle

Why? I'm just curious.

Date: October 31, 2007 10:08PM

because you'll be on the end of the student section.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 31, 2007 10:28PM

Definitely stop by B before the game starts. We are always there before the players even take the ice for practice. It's an impressive sight to compare an empty Lynah to a sold out one.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 10:29PM

CollegeHockeyAddict
krose
CollegeHockeyAddict
Will

Sec. G, Row 11, Seat 4

Kyle

Why? I'm just curious.

The student sections (A-G, with the sad, sad exception of division with the existence of the "rich seats" in section C) are designated as "standing allowed and expected" and Section G is the interface between "standing" and "sitting," as it's a mix of generally grad students and townies. In fact I've seen a seating chart used by ushers where there is a diagonal line drawn through Section G denoting the boundary. My seats are in Section G, Row 10, Seats 20-21 and that's the sitting side of the line. You're on the opposite side of the section, which is standing.

It's kind of a neat phenomenon to watch at the beginning of each intermission as the students sit to rest and the townie side rises to stretch (and vice versa as the teams return to the ice).

Another wish that you enjoy your Lynah experience, CollegeHockeyAddict. Doors usually open an hour prior to game time. It used to be that the student sections would be reasonably populated then for watching warm-ups and heckling, but recently it's just the band and a handful scattered about, and it's gotten to be that the student sections aren't even full for the lineups. Getting there late has become a disappointing trend. A great place to watch the band play their pre-game concert (and for that matter the entire student section and their antics) is the platform next to Section O.

Unfortunately, I'll only be able to make Friday's game. Otherwise, I'm usually happy to meet other hockey addicts who take time to post here. If you're in town for the night, head into collegetown (similar to Dinkytown) for some post-game nightlife. Dunbar's is a favorite for the young, rabid hockey fans, and you'll also find a number of the slightly older crowd hoisting pints at the Chapter House.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 10:37PM

Enjoy Lynah, you will have fun. BTW Cornellians, You didn't tell him about the Hot Truck!! doh Oh, the shame of it all!
Best,
Drew

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 31, 2007 11:07PM

Anyone care to open up the season in style this weekend? I'm thinking of bringing my giant "SIEVE" sign out to A for its third hockey season. People have been lamenting the decline in fan enthusiasm and interest in hockey of late, but we can try to turn it around. For one, it seems to me that most underclassmen don't even know what elynah.com is. Anyone want to quartercard spam the student section?

Posted by: CollegeHockeyAddict (65.201.160.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:35AM

I am planning on getting to the game early so hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you.

While I am still young enough to not have a proplem standing during the game I am curious if I'll have a problem getting into the arena with this ticket since I am definitely not a student. I certainly don't want to buy this particular ticket (which I am planning on doing on Saturday before the game) if I am going to have a problem getting in.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

Date: November 01, 2007 12:36AM

you won't have any trouble, Students are the only people allowed to purchase student tickets, but anyone can use one.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.c3-0.nwt-ubr2.sbo-nwt.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:39AM

CollegeHockeyAddict
I am planning on getting to the game early so hopefully I will get a chance to meet some of you.

While I am still young enough to not have a proplem standing during the game I am curious if I'll have a problem getting into the arena with this ticket since I am definitely not a student. I certainly don't want to buy this particular ticket (which I am planning on doing on Saturday before the game) if I am going to have a problem getting in.

Thanks for all the info everybody.

You will not have a problem. Unlike some other schools you don't need student ID, etc. to use a student ticket--anyone can. I've seen kids bring their grandparents into the student section.

Posted by: BMac (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:20AM

imafreshman,

Bring it! I'll be at A with the rest of my crew (lajolla posts here too).

I can't wait.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 05:41AM

Drew
Enjoy Lynah, you will have fun. BTW Cornellians, You didn't tell him about the Hot Truck!! doh Oh, the shame of it all!

Or corn nuggets!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 10:37AM

jtwcornell91
Drew

Or corn nuggets!
Corn nuggets are overrated.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 01, 2007 10:48AM

Josh '99
Corn nuggets are overrated

Disagree
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 10:50AM by amerks127.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 11:35AM

RichH
with the sad, sad exception of division with the existence of the "rich seats" in section C)
"It is a small section, but there are those that love her." Many of us in C stand unless someone behind us has a child or is elderly. Corn nuggets suck.

Posted by: sah67 (---.64.171.66.subscriber.vzavenue.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:24PM

Josh '99

Blasphemy

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:45PM

sah67
Josh '99

Blasphemy

Tasty? Sure. Religion-inspiring? No. I stand with Josh. I miss The Chariot for entirely different reasons.

To appease those I have offended, I'll let you know that The Pines now offers your precious corn nuggets. It still doesn't beat a Pinesburger, rare, with Thousand.

Who knew it would only take to the 2nd week of the season for a hockey thread to devolve into a foodie thread?

Hot Truck isn't what it used to be, but it's still damn good at 1 am.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:55PM

The Nines has carried them since the Chariot closed, too.

As does Mandler's Sausage here in Manhattan.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:01PM

Josh '99
Corn nuggets are overrated.
*feverishly looks for that plugin that used to redirect RichS's IP to NAMBLA*

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:05PM

imafrshmn
Anyone want to quartercard spam the student section?

I actually considered buying a dasher board ad for ELynah. That lasted roughly until I found out how much they were. If this were a revenue-generating venture, I might have given it more thought. Maybe an ad in the Sun might be more feasible.

Anyway, as for quartercards, I--err, someone I know got reamed by the rink staff for spamming the student section a few years back. You'd definitely need to ask them first, and be prepared to pick them all up after the game, too.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:25PM

RichH
sah67
Josh '99

Blasphemy

Tasty? Sure. Religion-inspiring? No. I stand with Josh. I miss The Chariot for entirely different reasons.
Well... if, in theory, you consider Cornell Hockey to be a religion (reasonable) and then you consider corn nuggets to be a part of the Cornell Hockey experience (less reasonable), then I guess I could see the point.

Personally, I miss the Chariot because I thought the pizza was a unique blend of cheese and grease, and because Saranac Black Forest on tap is hard to find.

Posted by: msphi81 (---.cfund.org)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:45PM

Corn nuggets are overrated but for those that took Ag Ec 240 many years ago Screaming Yellow Zonkers are GREAT.

As for the hot truck, my kids love them almost as much as I did 20+ years ago and you get get them at the shortstop deli downtown.

LGR!!!!

Date: November 01, 2007 01:48PM

Josh '99
if, in theory, you consider Cornell Hockey to be a religion (reasonable)
I still have my "Book of Lynah, Opening Hymn" shirt from ten years ago. So it more or less qualifies...

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:01PM

msphi81
As for the hot truck, my kids love them almost as much as I did 20+ years ago and you get get them at the shortstop deli downtown.

LGR!!!!

I, for one, always found the sandwiches (especially the sauce) much better, or at least more satisfying, from Hot Truck than ShortStop. That said, it may have had me to do with the fact that I was sober when driving to ShortStop, which really disqualifies the deli from discussion.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:03PM

Josh '99

Personally, I miss the Chariot because I thought the pizza was a unique blend of cheese and grease, and because Saranac Black Forest on tap is hard to find.

I'm pretty sure the Chapter House has SBF, and it is one of their cheaper beers. That was always a favorite of ours just a little while back.

Date: November 01, 2007 02:11PM

Josh '99
RichH
sah67
Josh '99

Blasphemy

Well... if, in theory, you consider Cornell Hockey to be a religion (reasonable) and then you consider corn nuggets to be a part of the Cornell Hockey experience (less reasonable), then I guess I could see the point.

So corn nuggets and Saranac Black Forest are our Eucharist?

Date: November 01, 2007 02:22PM

BCrespi
I, for one, always found the sandwiches (especially the sauce) much better, or at least more satisfying, from Hot Truck than ShortStop. That said, it may have had me to do with the fact that I was sober when driving to ShortStop, which really disqualifies the deli from discussion.
Walking into a store and filling out a little paper slip for your order just doesn't compare to walking up to the Truck. Especially since the folks at Shortstop don't necessarily understand the lingo - last time I had to scrawl what I wanted on the edges of the slip and then explain to the guy that yes, I did really only want one meatball.

Then again, last time I made it to the truck itself the girl at the window didn't have any idea what "soprano" meant either...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 02:24PM by KeithK.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:33PM

KeithK
Walking into a store and filling out a little paper slip for your order just doesn't compare to walking up to the Truck.

Agreed. But kids these days call the truck to order. During homecoming weekend, there were only alumni standing out there waiting. They also removed the stairs and handrail, so now there's no convenient waiting zone...just a steep, blacktopped slope. Also, the truck is only open Thurs, Fri, & Sat. nights.

As far as the quality goes, there's a difference between the oven at the truck and the oven at the deli. I've had good Hot Truck sandwiches from the deli, but it's a little different.

One stink I'd like to make about the ingredients: they've started using leafy green lettuce as the garden, which wilts when cooked. The iceburg lettuce that had been used stays crisp and fresh no matter what.

In other news, my social security check is late, stuff costs more than it used to, and young people use *curse words*!!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 02:38PM by RichH.

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:38PM

RichH
One stink I'd like to make about the ingredients: they've started using leafy green lettuce as the garden, which wilts when cooked. The iceburg lettuce that had been used stays crisp and fresh no matter what.

Maybe the problem is that they are COOKING the lettuce. I am not sure it would be a problem if added when it comes out of the oven.

Date: November 01, 2007 02:42PM

Chris '03
RichH

Maybe the problem is that they are COOKING the lettuce. I am not sure it would be a problem if added when it comes out of the oven.
If cooking the lettuce was good enough for Bob over 35 years then it's good enough for me!

(Personally I can't imagine ordering garden on a hot sub. But still...)

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 02:44PM

KeithK
Chris '03
RichH

If cooking the lettuce was good enough for Bob over 35 years then it's good enough for me!

I recall Bob and those who came after him putting the lettuce on after it came out of the oven.

Date: November 01, 2007 02:45PM

RichH
KeithK
Walking into a store and filling out a little paper slip for your order just doesn't compare to walking up to the Truck.

Agreed. But kids these days call the truck to order.
You know, life would be so much better if we could just get rid of these new-fangled cell phone contraptions...

(...and maybe that interweb thing too...)

Date: November 01, 2007 02:47PM

Chris '03
KeithK

I recall Bob and those who came after him putting the lettuce on after it came out of the oven.
Like I said, I've never actually ordered garden. So really I'm just killing time here (and wasting Age's bandwidth). :-)

Posted by: sah67 (---.bu.edu)
Date: November 01, 2007 03:34PM

RichH
sah67
Josh '99

Blasphemy

The four-cheese pies were pretty fantastic with the blue in there as well. And to think it took me until just a few months before the Chariot closed to discover that they delivered...not a bad option for non-hockey nights.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 03:57PM

KeithK
Then again, last time I made it to the truck itself the girl at the window didn't have any idea what "soprano" meant either...

Sorry, but I'm dying to know, what's soprano? I'd been to the Hot Truck many-a-time and don't recall that one. And that web page with the menu makes no mention of it either.

I needed to choose like making myself look uninformed or finding out, and I chose the later.

Date: November 01, 2007 04:18PM

DeltaOne81
KeithK

Sorry, but I'm dying to know, what's soprano? I'd been to the Hot Truck many-a-time and don't recall that one. And that web page with the menu makes no mention of it either.

I needed to choose like making myself look uninformed or finding out, and I chose the later.
Don't worry, it's an obscure one. Soprano = one meatball. (Not quite physiologically correct, but so what?)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 04:44PM

Josh '99
Edited.

Back in the day (by which I mean 1997-98), Dino's had pitchers of SBF on tap for $6.

Moonshadow (yes, it's an IC bar, but a decent one) had it on tap for $5.50/pitcher in 2007. I can't speak of this academic year, but my friends and I went there on Saturday nights last season to avoid the cover at Chapterhouse, and found some decent beer at rock-bottom prices.

Kyle
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 04:47PM by krose.

Date: November 02, 2007 01:03PM

KeithK
Chris '03
KeithK

Like I said, I've never actually ordered garden. So really I'm just killing time here (and wasting Age's bandwidth). :-)

Should we lobby for a new sub-forum for hot truck and driving directions discussions?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login