Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Denver Bound! NC$$ Hockey Lottery Results

Posted by Rita 
Denver Bound! NC$$ Hockey Lottery Results
Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: August 03, 2007 08:34PM

Well, the only good thing about being in this hockey hell-hole known as Lafayette, Indiana is that mail from the NC$$ HQ gets to my apartment very quickly.

It was a very nice letter to open after being in a cornfield for 9+ hours today.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2007 10:14PM by Rita.

Re: Denver Bound! NC$$ Hockey Lottery Results
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 03, 2007 10:42PM

Damn... now I'm going to be all the more anxious to get home from work tomorrow to open my mail.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: August 06, 2007 12:38PM

We've got our tickets, too! A nice surprise in August.

Date: August 06, 2007 10:25PM

Likewise!

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: August 07, 2007 06:47PM

Harumph. Not selected with a priority of 3. I would've thought that I was getting into the "guaranteed" zone with that, especially only requesting 2 tickets, but I guess not. I'm still planning on going, as there's always a ticket set to be found one way or another.

Things I don't have to worry about:
1. Finding takers for extra tickets
2. A big chunk of my credit card charges next month
3. That $7 I just gave the NCAA.

cry

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 04:07PM

It's been reported on a thread on the USCHO boards that the letter that went out to people who received tickets says that the game times will be closer together and that there will be no leaving and re-entry between games.

If I were the type of person to sneak booze into the Frozen Four, which I'm not saying I am, I would suppose that it would be necessary to sneak in twice as much as a result of this policy.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 08, 2007 11:01PM

Got 'em (two tix)! I was away for a few days until this evening, and just got back and got my mail. That makes me a 2 priority... which also makes me sorry to hear Rich report that 3s are no sure thing. Its getting tough to keep up with a moving target :-P... hopefully Detroit will help since some people will lose interest and the newbies won't get credit.

Oh, and I also got my Cornell season ticket renewal. Question: is there any way to upgrade your tix if you can't be in Ithaca in a random day in the middle of the week in September?

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2007 07:42AM

DeltaOne81
Oh, and I also got my Cornell season ticket renewal. Question: is there any way to upgrade your tix if you can't be in Ithaca in a random day in the middle of the week in September?
Sure. All you have to do is fix your priorities. ;)

Posted by: cquinn (12.129.98.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 10:51AM

Got 2 tickets to the FF. Priority 7.

Same problem with the Lynah season tickets. Would like to attempt to upgrade but there's no way I can be there in person.

Re: Denver Bound!_ Rockies game on Wednesday night?
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 09, 2008 01:54PM

I noticed that the Colorado Rockies are in town Wednesday night (4/9), but not Friday (4/11).

I would like to see a game in Coors field, and if anyone is arriving on Wednesday and would also like to go to a ballgame, let me know. I haven't gotten tickets yet (single game tickets go on sale 2/16/08), but there were some available on Stub Hub.

I probably will wait until the beginning of March to get tickets etc. I am hoping that even with their Word Series appearance, tickets to a Wednesday game in early April won't be too difficult to get.

Posted by: jkahn (---.area4.spcsdns.net)
Date: March 31, 2008 11:02PM

Rita
I noticed that the Colorado Rockies are in town Wednesday night (4/9), but not Friday (4/11).
Possible Friday night activities in Denver include:
1) Dana Carvey (tickets are expensive, but it's a fundraiser for the Kempe Foundation - prevention and treatment of child abuse), see [www.kempe.org]
2) B.B. King (appears to be sold out, but there's always ebay or stubhub).
3) Quinnipiac at Denver lacrosse
4) Stanley Cup playoffs on TV - I was hoping several weeks ago that the Avalanche would be home Friday, but now they'd have to win their last two and the Wild lose their last two in regulation for that to happen.

Date: April 01, 2008 11:47AM

jkahn
Rita

Now that's kind of tempting. What time?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: April 01, 2008 12:13PM

Beeeej
jkahn
Rita

Ooooh, I have really been wanting to check out their new lax facility, Barton Stadium. It's supposed to be wonderful. And a night game, too. Very cool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 12:14PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 01:16PM

Beeeej
jkahn
Rita

7:30
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Next Year's lottery
Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: April 01, 2008 01:43PM

Remember that you can start applying for next year's frozen four lottery today.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: April 01, 2008 02:08PM

Beeeej
jkahn
Rita

I am definitely interested.

Also, would any of the Faithful going to Denver like to meet up at a designated spot either in between the semis or afterwards to grab a burger and beer? It might be nice to put faces to names and/or avatars.

Date: April 01, 2008 02:26PM

Rita
Also, would any of the Faithful going to Denver like to meet up at a designated spot either in between the semis or afterwards to grab a burger and beer? It might be nice to put faces to names and/or avatars.

Absolutely! And I think you just volunteered to organize it. ;-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: April 01, 2008 02:34PM

Beeeej
Rita

FYI: Last year the semifinals were at 3pm and 7pm, so there was a decent amount of time to go get food (or, say, liquor) in between. This year the semifinals are at 4pm and 7pm, so food in between is basically out unless you're OK with missing the first period of the second game.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: April 01, 2008 02:41PM

Josh '99
Beeeej
Rita

FYI: Last year the semifinals were at 3pm and 7pm, so there was a decent amount of time to go get food (or, say, liquor) in between. This year the semifinals are at 4pm and 7pm, so food in between is basically out unless you're OK with missing the first period of the second game.
We might be stuck meeting somewhere in the arena between games. Which I will be up for (assuming my tickets do arrive).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login