Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Big Red Article on CSTV.

Posted by DILLIGAF 
Big Red Article on CSTV.
Posted by: DILLIGAF (---.metrocast.net)
Date: July 27, 2007 02:34PM

Re: Big Red Article on CSTV.
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: July 27, 2007 03:34PM

The article talks about the program, last year's disappointing season and the recruits for next year, with plenty of quotes from Schafer. Romano's departure gets a couple paragraphs. Schafer is obviously pretty pissed about it:

"Tony Romano was a very frustrating situation," Schafer said. "We had heard a rumor that Tony was considering leaving through the course of the year last year and confronted him with it, and he flat-out lied to us as a coaching staff. We found out that he was seen at a game after our season was over. We confronted Tony with it, and he denied it. Obviously, for his reasons, he felt it was necessary for him to go. The process was very frustrating. He wanted to do what he wanted to do on the ice, and being challenged to be more of a complete player obviously didn't intrigue him."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 28, 2007 11:54PM

KeithK

"We had heard a rumor that Tony was considering leaving through the course of the year last year and confronted him with it, and he flat-out lied to us as a coaching staff. We found out that he was seen at a game after our season was over. We confronted Tony with it, and he denied it."
That was the rumor going around; I guess it was true.

Date: July 29, 2007 05:55PM

it would seem that the only one surprised was Mike???

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 29, 2007 06:51PM

DILLIGAF
He had heard the rumors, too. It's hard to fault Mike when
[q]"..he flat-out lied to us as a coaching staff." [/q]

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 29, 2007 11:53PM

DILLIGAF
You misread what I said. The rumor I heard was confirmed by the article you posted.

Date: July 30, 2007 08:05AM

It is amazing to me that shafer is so willing to bash Romano. OK, Romano didn't tell him the truth about going up to a game. Move on Mike. Why rake the kid over in the press? It makes you look like the bum, not Tony.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 30, 2007 08:27AM

Unless he's caught in an unguarded moment, what Schafer says isn't just for the reader of the article but a message to the team, or the athletic department, or fish-tossing fans. Perhaps he's trying to tell current players and would-be recruits that he expects openness in dealing with the coaches.

It would be nice to hear Romano's version of what led him to leave.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: July 30, 2007 01:41PM

DILLIGAF
It is amazing to me that shafer is so willing to bash Romano. OK, Romano didn't tell him the truth about going up to a game. Move on Mike. Why rake the kid over in the press? It makes you look like the bum, not Tony.

I know, it's so annoying when people keep going around bad-mouthing other people in public and don't give it up.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ryeguy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 31, 2007 05:01PM

At least Schafer was honest when talking about Tony leaving. Schafer told it the way it was,"Tony flat-out lied to us." I don't blame him for what he said. He was upset no doubt, but it is over and done with.
Maybe Romano made the right decision for himself. He said one of the reasons for leaving is to play more games and develop that way. I guess he felt out of place only playing about half as many games than he is accustomed to. Either way, we all would rather see him with Cornell next year.

Date: July 31, 2007 06:32PM

Shafer's repeated hammering Tony about it shows a serious lack of class on Mike's part. Hike up your big boy panties and move on and stop slamming a former player.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2007 08:28PM

DILLIGAF
Shafer's [sic] repeated hammering Tony about it shows a serious lack of class on Mike's part. Hike up your big boy panties and move on and stop slamming a former player.

And your repeated rape allegations make you the one to talk about class. Please professor, teach us all about class. I'd love to hear it.

Date: July 31, 2007 09:13PM

Dig a little. There were serious rape allegations involving members of the hockey team a couple of years ago. It was buried very well and very deep. I am not the only one out there that knows of this. Others on this forum have knowledge of it as well. Just because you don't know about it doesn't make it false.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 31, 2007 10:31PM

DILLIGAF
Dig a little. There were serious rape allegations involving members of the hockey team a couple of years ago. It was buried very well and very deep. I am not the only one out there that knows of this. Others on this forum have knowledge of it as well. Just because you don't know about it doesn't make it false.

He wasn't questioning the veracity of your claims, although they probably should be questioned...he was referring to your constant bashing of Schafer and whoever it was on the team that you think raped someone, while you at the same time complain about Schafer constantly bashing Romano. Not "getting over it" seems to be a problem affecting both of you...perhaps you and Mike can hike up each other's panties?

It's one thing if you're a big Romano fan...but to keep slinging mud at Schafer and bringing it into every thread you post in, regardless of the original topic, and then to go ahead and complain about him doing the same thing to a much less harsh degree is flat-out hypocritical.

And jesus christ, you can't expect us to get too riled up when you tell us all about Schafer destroying the team if you can't even spell his name correctly. That spelling guide on the bottom right over there is helpful. smashfreak
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2007 10:34PM by sah67.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 07:46AM

sah67
It's one thing if you're a big Romano fan...but to keep slinging mud at Schafer and bringing it into every thread you post in, regardless of the original topic, and then to go ahead and complain about him doing the same thing to a much less harsh degree is flat-out hypocritical.
He's not hypocritical, he's just another troll. We've had them before. Ignore him; he will go away. It works.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 01, 2007 11:00AM

There has never been any rape allegations involving any hockey players that have come to our attention. We have a good working relationship with all the athletic coaches on campus and if something of that nature was alleged we would have defintaley known about it, as the law requires and investigated it. Coaches are classified as mandatory reporters under the Clery Law.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2007 04:26PM by Cop at Lynah.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: August 01, 2007 12:16PM

DILLIGAF
Provide some links or police reports or quotes from victims or something. Otherwise it's just the word of an anonymous poster on an internet forum, which really shouldn't carry weight with anyone.

Date: August 01, 2007 12:19PM

Cop at Lynah
Coaches are classified as mandatory reporters under the Cleary Law.
Bill Cleary was a rapist? I knew it!!! :-D :-P :-D

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 12:42PM

KeithK
Cop at Lynah
Don't they usually name the law after the victim?**]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 01, 2007 01:02PM

Al DeFlorio
KeithK
Cop at Lynah
So Bill Cleary was raped?uhoh

Posted by: JDeafv (---.mae.cornell.edu)
Date: August 01, 2007 02:51PM

The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) is a federal law that requires colleges and Universities to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. The act is named in memory of Jeanne Clery, a 19-year-old Lehigh University freshman who was assaulted and murdered in her residence hall room on April 5, 1986.

Link to more information.

Date: August 01, 2007 02:59PM

JDeafv
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of blah blah blah
Way to splash the cold water of facts on my fun. Thanks a lot. :-)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 03:23PM

Party pooper.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.orl.fdn.com)
Date: August 01, 2007 03:56PM

KeithK
JDeafv
Wow, I burst out laughing at my desk. That makes me a terrible person.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 04:11PM

Cop at Lynah
There has never been any rape allegations involving any hockey players that have come to our attention. We have a good working relationship with all the athletic coaches on campus and if something of that nature was alleged we would have defintaley known about it, as the law requires and investigated it. Coaches are classified as mandatory reporters under the Cleary Law.

A campus of 20,000 could not keep a collective silence if there was an incident or an allegation of an incident. A cover-up would be pretty difficult. The exception might be where a lone attacker coincidentally happened to be an athlete, forced himself on his date, and she was too ashamed or humiliated or traumatized to report it.

I don't think we can say "it could never happen here," because Duke supporters probably thought it could never happen. Well, the assault never did, but the boorish behavior sure did.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: August 01, 2007 04:57PM

sah67
DILLIGAF

He wasn't questioning the veracity of your claims, although they probably should be questioned...he was referring to your constant bashing of Schafer and whoever it was on the team that you think raped someone, while you at the same time complain about Schafer constantly bashing Romano. Not "getting over it" seems to be a problem affecting both of you...perhaps you and Mike can hike up each other's panties?

And jesus christ, you can't expect us to get too riled up when you tell us all about Schafer destroying the team if you can't even spell his name correctly. That spelling guide on the bottom right over there is helpful. smashfreak

Seriously, DHLLHGAF?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 11:34PM

Jim Hyla
Al DeFlorio
KeithK
Cop at Lynah
So Bill Cleary was raped?uhoh

I hope the announcer from UNH had nothing to do with it :-D

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: August 02, 2007 12:32AM

KeithK
JDeafv

Now KeithK's truthiness is all wet. :-/

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 01:25PM

[www.e2campus.com]

It's wrong of me to note in passing that Jeanne Clery was hot.

Also, her gravestone is punctuated incorrectly. Bummer.

I thought the Cornell public safety policy was a result of that late 80's North Campus murder where some student's nutbar boyfriend drove up from NYC to kill her and wound up killing her roommate instead as well. IIRC, the family then tried to sue Cornell for eleventy-trillion dollars because obviously when a tragedy happens, it must be somebody's fault, preferable the one with the deepest pockets.

Edit: early 80's
Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 06:15PM by Trotsky.

Date: August 02, 2007 02:14PM

Trotsky
http://www.e2campus.com/jeanne_clery_act_story.htm

I thought the Cornell public safety policy was a result of that late 80's North Campus murder where some student's nutbar boyfriend drove up from NYC to kill her and wound up killing her roommate instead as well. IIRC, the family then tried to sue Cornell for eleventy-trillion dollars because obviously when a tragedy happens, it must be somebody's fault, preferable the one with the deepest pockets.

Edit: early 80's

As the second link isn't working, I'll ask, is that the one where he held a bunch of people hostage at first?

Date: August 02, 2007 02:48PM

French Rage
As the second link isn't working, I'll ask, is that the one where he held a bunch of people hostage at first?
Yes. According to the Sun article (which was working earlier) he initially held seven students hostage in a Low Rise dorm room. His ex eventually convinced him to let five of them go before he shot the ex and her roommate.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 02, 2007 04:42PM

Trotsky

Among other requirements, schools must make timely warnings to the campus community about crimes that pose an ongoing threat to students and employees.

That explains why Loyola used to send out those "BOLO" emails about muggings in the neighborhood.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: August 02, 2007 05:02PM

Trotsky
True, but as long as you control yourself, everything will be OK.

Date: August 02, 2007 05:41PM

jtwcornell91
Trotsky

Among other requirements, schools must make timely warnings to the campus community about crimes that pose an ongoing threat to students and employees.

That explains why Loyola used to send out those "BOLO" emails about muggings in the neighborhood.

Makes sense, like if a certain other campus had bothered to at least send an email about two people being shot in a dorm they might have done something to prevent what happened a couple hours later.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 02, 2007 06:13PM

A very slow-moving South Korean sleeper cell.

Posted by: RichH (76.28.11.---)
Date: August 02, 2007 10:22PM

French Rage
Makes sense, like if a certain other campus had bothered to at least send an email about two people being shot in a dorm they might have done something to prevent what happened a couple hours later.

If you're talking about Virginia Tech, the University most certainly did send out a campus-wide email to all staff and students. It went out minutes after the University leadership was briefed of the situation by the VT police chief, and before the Norris Hall events began. Another email went out immediately following the 2nd emergency call. Some actions of Tech that day are and should be subject to scrutiny, but let's get the facts straight.

[www.cnn.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2007 10:22PM by RichH.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: August 02, 2007 11:48PM

RichH
French Rage

If you're talking about Virginia Tech, the University most certainly did send out a campus-wide email to all staff and students. It went out minutes after the University leadership was briefed of the situation by the VT police chief, and before the Norris Hall events began. Another email went out immediately following the 2nd emergency call. Some actions of Tech that day are and should be subject to scrutiny, but let's get the facts straight.

[www.cnn.com]

Hmm, my bad, I never saw that mentioned in all of the coverage and I've seen alot of discussions about how they should have done that, but it was never brought up that they actually did.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login