Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Voice of UNH Hockey Pays for Sex

Posted by Chris '03 
Voice of UNH Hockey Pays for Sex
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: July 23, 2007 04:59PM

How has no one posted this here yet? It was on the news in Boston three days ago.

[www.unionleader.com]

Re: Voice of UNH Hockey Pays for Sex
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: July 23, 2007 05:19PM

Chris '03
How has no one posted this here yet? It was on the news in Boston three days ago.

[www.unionleader.com]
I'm curious why it's anyone else's business where he sticks his cock or why, how many times, or for what form of compensation. If someone's willing to buy and someone (real) is willing to sell, what's the problem?

The real news story here is "Man with something to lose foolishly tries to buy sex locally off Craig's List instead of going someplace where the authorities don't stick their noses into the private sexual activities of consenting adults."

Kyle
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2007 05:24PM by krose.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 23, 2007 05:27PM

Why has libertarian New Hampshire not legalized prostitution yet?

I wonder what the myspace complaints were that inspired the PD to initiate a prostitution sting.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: July 23, 2007 06:47PM

krose
I'm curious why it's anyone else's business where he sticks his cock or why, how many times, or for what form of compensation. If someone's willing to buy and someone (real) is willing to sell, what's the problem?
Because not everyone is a libertarian?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 23, 2007 08:22PM

KeithK
I agree that's the answer in practice, but I retort that the opposite of being a libertarian on this particular issue is being a busybody. If you can't honestly ignore what your neighbor does in the privacy of his own home (or, say, in a brothel in some properly-zoned commercial district), then you don't believe in freedom, because the quintessence of freedom is being able to do anything you want so long as it doesn't bring real harm to anyone else. Being offended does not qualify as "real harm."

Kyle

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: July 23, 2007 09:43PM

krose
KeithK
I agree that's the answer in practice, but I retort that the opposite of being a libertarian on this particular issue is being a busybody. If you can't honestly ignore what your neighbor does in the privacy of his own home (or, say, in a brothel in some properly-zoned commercial district), then you don't believe in freedom, because the quintessence of freedom is being able to do anything you want so long as it doesn't bring real harm to anyone else. Being offended does not qualify as "real harm."

Agreed, in general - but at the moment, the answer to your original question is, quite simply, "Because it's illegal." It's not like he didn't know that.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 23, 2007 10:00PM

jtwcornell91
Why has libertarian New Hampshire not legalized prostitution yet? [...] I wonder what the myspace complaints were that inspired the PD to initiate a prostitution sting.

Perhaps because New Hampshire's motto is Live Free or Die, not Live Freely or Die.

You'd think MySpace denizens would be happy with people paying for sex elsewhere so the johns weren't hassling teenagers on the site. Takes a load off their mind.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 01:15AM

"You get what you pay for," Chief Donald Briggs said yesterday as the arrests were being made.
Seeing as the men were trying to pay for sex, and not an arrest, I think they'd be very happy if Briggs' little quip were actually true. People who try to be witty to the press should be more careful.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 10:12AM

At least he didn't wind up on Dateline.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 10:45AM

Jordan 04

... yet.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 10:51AM

billhoward
jtwcornell91
Why has libertarian New Hampshire not legalized prostitution yet? [...] I wonder what the myspace complaints were that inspired the PD to initiate a prostitution sting.

Perhaps because New Hampshire's motto is Live Free or Die, not Live Freely or Die.
Wait... huh?

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 24, 2007 03:21PM

From the article...

Once the individual indicated to the women what services they desired, the women uttered a code word to the four undercover officers, and the suspect was arrested with wrist restraints.

Restraints -- ooo! Was that one of the services? woot

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 05:58PM

Jordan 04

At least (for the woman's sake) Nickerson didn't show up.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 06:18PM

krose
Chris '03

[www.unionleader.com]
I'm curious why it's anyone else's business ...

Is this a question about why this was posted or why he was arrested? Because if you meant the former, it is relevant and hockey related when someone associated with the UNH hockey program gets arrested, with consequences TBD.

If you mean the latter, congrats on drifting the thread away from hockey and into a debate on the evils of regulation in the first response to the post.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: July 24, 2007 06:30PM

ugarte
If you mean the latter, congrats on drifting the thread away from hockey and into a debate on the evils of regulation in the first response to the post.
Yes, my comment was indeed slightly less relevant to Big Red hockey (this is forum 1, right?) than a story on the arrest of a non-Cornell broadcaster for something entirely unrelated to hockey. You're welcome, by the way, for the diversion.

Though, thinking about it, my dismissal might be too quick: there could be some relation to hockey in terms of violence, depending on the type of sex he likes. I know what kind of sex he's getting, though, if he ends up doing any time for this.

Kyle

Posted by: DILLIGAF (---.metrocast.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 06:42PM

still trying to figure out the connection to Cornell?

Which is worse, paying for it or just going straight to rape like some...maybe that is the connection?

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 06:50PM

krose
ugarte
Yes, my comment was indeed slightly less relevant to Big Red hockey (this is forum 1, right?) than a story on the arrest of a non-Cornell broadcaster for something entirely unrelated to hockey. You're welcome, by the way, for the diversion.
So then you wouldn't have posted the exact same thing if Chris had posted this in "Other Sports"? You're welcome for this diversion.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:34PM

DILLIGAF
still trying to figure out the connection to Cornell?

Which is worse, paying for it or just going straight to rape like some...maybe that is the connection?

You can't just make up accusations about people just because you happened to be in the same area as them for a few years but never actually interacted with them. That would be like if vets on a swift boat made up stories about a guy on another swift boat who they never actually served with.

(Thread drift complete.)

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 24, 2007 08:57PM

ugarte
So then you wouldn't have posted the exact same thing if Chris had posted this in "Other Sports"?
No, because sex is clearly an "other sport". So, I'm covered at both ends, so to speak.

Kyle

Date: July 24, 2007 11:48PM

What I want to know is... is he getting two minutes for hooking, boarding, spearing or roughing? And is the woman getting a matching minor for holding the stick? Speaking of matching minors....

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2007 06:54AM

sah67
Jordan 04

[insert jerk/typical loop here]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 25, 2007 12:00PM

ftyuv
What I want to know is... is he getting two minutes for hooking, boarding, spearing or roughing? And is the woman getting a matching minor for holding the stick? Speaking of matching minors....

Don't forget "butt-ending."

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2007 08:02PM

jtwcornell91
sah67
Jordan 04

[insert jerk/typical loop here]

Typical.

The guy was at the clinic. It's a serious condition. panic

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: July 26, 2007 06:29AM

ftyuv

I'm pretty sure she was the one hooking.

Date: July 26, 2007 03:14PM

Liz '05
ftyuv

I'm pretty sure she was the one hooking.

Touché!

(Pun intended, but at least it was in a foreign language, so I can claim to have classed up this joint a bit.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login