Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Coyotes Re-sign LeNeveu

Posted by CowbellGuy 
Coyotes Re-sign LeNeveu
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: July 14, 2007 11:20AM

Buried in another story about signings is the fact that Lenny got signed for another year by the Yotes. It's on TSN.com but I can't copy and paste the link on my iPhone. Sorry

Re: Coyotes Re-sign LeNeveu
Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 14, 2007 01:26PM

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 10:41AM

The article doesn't say whether it's a one-way or two-way contract. Anyone know?

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:42PM

2 ways, one year, $643,720 at the NHL level.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: July 15, 2007 04:14PM

CowbellGuy
Buried in another story about signings is the fact that Lenny got signed for another year by the Yotes. It's on TSN.com but I can't copy and paste the link on my iPhone. Sorry
Purported news being reported by Age: LeNeveu signing
Actual news being reported by Age: I have an iPhone! nyah nyah nyah!

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: July 15, 2007 05:06PM

ugarte
CowbellGuy

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. I am not much into new gadgets and stuff, but I would be tempted to get one if it wasn't so expensive. I think I will be waiting for the next generation of iPhones. The commericials make it seem like the iPhone can do almost anything except my dishes help. However, it seems like it would be extremely easy to look up and call "maid service" on an iPhone.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.z3-88-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: July 16, 2007 09:24AM

Are you all really that eager to use Cingular(ly sucky)?

Date: July 16, 2007 09:59AM

Doesn't suck as bad as Verizon. My parents were here this weekend and their V reception was almost always worse than mine. I've never had a problem with AT&T.

Back to what started this, I just didn't want to face the wrath of the "you-didn't-provide-a-link-and-a-200-word-synopsis" people.

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: July 16, 2007 11:10AM

Rita
ugarte
CowbellGuy

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. I am not much into new gadgets and stuff, but I would be tempted to get one if it wasn't so expensive.

At the risk of John-Spencering this thread, I just don't get the iPhone hype. I've had a Siemens pocket-PC since December of 2005 that 1) is a Cingular/AT&T cell phone, 2) synchronizes seemlessly with Outlook, 3) has 8 Gb of memory, 4) plays MP3s, and 5) displays pictures nicely. Admittedly, I haven't really read up on the iPhone, so maybe it is actually something new, but from what I've seen, the big news is "Apple finally catches up to the rest of the world. Again."

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: July 16, 2007 12:20PM

Ben Rocky '04
Are you all really that eager to use Cingular(ly sucky)?

Can't be as bad as the band of retards who work at Verizon customer service. scream

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: July 16, 2007 01:27PM

Not to sound like an Apple Fanboi, but yes, you do apparently need to read up on it.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 02:26PM

This flame war reminds me of my favorite Benderism.

Re: Coyotes Re-sign LeNeveu - AT&T sucks / john spencer is dead...
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.ngpsoftware.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 02:53PM

Now it could be that my beloved home- town/teeming- metropolis wasn't included in the survey mentioned here...

The bigger problem is the AT&T network. In a Consumer Reports study, AT&T’s signal ranked either last or second to last in 19 out of 20 major cities. My tests in five states bear this out. If Verizon’s slogan is, “Can you hear me now?” AT&T’s should be, “I’m losing you.”

(David Pogue reviewing the iPhone [www.nytimes.com] )

but as far as I'm concerned, Cingular sucks at raising the bar. On top of that, I don't want pay roaming charges in the metro system and all my friends use verizon. The iPhone is nothing but hype to me (and many others) until they don't force me to change to a crappy wireless provider (and I say this as an apple customer since 1989).

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: July 16, 2007 03:00PM

It's off season and all, but we really don't need a cellular flamefest here, do we? I just threw in the towel on Cingular/AT&T, because I was fed up with their drop-outs, but it really just depends on where you are.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: July 16, 2007 03:54PM

SO, HOW 'BOUT THAT DAVE LENEVEU?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 04:34PM

I've never had a problem with my AT&T phone service. I always get a dial tone. The wire connecting me to the wall helps. :-P

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 16, 2007 05:09PM

KeithK
I've never had a problem with my AT&T phone service. I always get a dial tone. The wire connecting me to the wall helps. :-P

But don't you waste a bunch of seconds on every call waiting for that dial to spin back around? :-D

(says the guy who for heavens sake doesn't even have his own WEB PAGE, let alone a cell phone)

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: July 16, 2007 10:58PM

Josh '99

[insert jerk/typical loop here]

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: July 17, 2007 12:28AM

Josh '99

Nobody like the guy who stays on-topic.

Posted by: sah67 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 17, 2007 01:24AM

Josh '99

Does he have a touch-screen?

Posted by: KenP (---.nws.noaa.gov)
Date: July 17, 2007 07:31AM

My impression was that the Phoenix system was stifling his development, and that he could be a solid goalie for almost any other team. What does the resigning mean? Are the Coyotes hoarding goalies, or are they genuinely interested in making Lenny their #1 goalie?

Stated another way, is the resigning good or bad for his professional development and progress?

Posted by: ftyuv (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2007 07:35AM

sah67
Josh '99

Does he have a touch-screen?
Gotta install Wine first.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: July 17, 2007 10:42AM

I'm going to say bad, unless they are locking him up for a future trade. The problem is that no one in the NHL needs a goalie more than the Coyotes. The best thing for him now is to make the team out of camp, and win a spot in rotation, if possible, depending on who the Coyotes sign as the 'starter'. Another problem he is going to have is that the Coyotes need to spend $3-4 million to meet the cap minimum. So the will likely be spending that on a goalie. and for 600k, they can afford to keep him on dry ice. If he can make the team out of camp and stick all season, he can manage a trade or become an UFA at the end of the year. Getting out of Arizona (or Texas) is best for him in the long run, But he needs a year in the bigs before he's of any value to any other team, because there are a lot of goalies out there right now.

Posted by: jeh25 (128.148.166.---)
Date: July 17, 2007 04:01PM

Robb
Rita
ugarte
CowbellGuy

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. I am not much into new gadgets and stuff, but I would be tempted to get one if it wasn't so expensive.

At the risk of John-Spencering this thread, I just don't get the iPhone hype. I've had a Siemens pocket-PC since December of 2005 that 1) is a Cingular/AT&T cell phone, 2) synchronizes seemlessly with Outlook, 3) has 8 Gb of memory, 4) plays MP3s, and 5) displays pictures nicely. Admittedly, I haven't really read up on the iPhone, so maybe it is actually something new, but from what I've seen, the big news is "Apple finally catches up to the rest of the world. Again."

Robb, are you related to Rob Malda (aka CmdTaco of slashdot fame) by any chance? Because if you don't remember, here's what Taco wrote about the iPod at its' launch - "No wireless. Less space than a nomad. Lame."

What you and Taco both fail to realize is that a user experience is about far more than bullet points and feature lists. I know engineers can find this hard to understand, because well, they are engineers, but a "UI/user experience that doesn't suck" can be a major driver of consumer choice even it won't ever show up on a spec sheet,

That said, I don't have an iPhone, nor will I get one anytime soon. I just got a Nokia N770 internet tablet - it runs linux, has an active user community, and only costs $140. That said, nokia spend a LOT of time on the little things - the UI, the finish on the materials, the lack of bloat (even at the cost of bullets on the product box). But anyway, there is more to product success than being first to market with feature $FOO.

Posted by: Liz '05 (164.106.219.---)
Date: July 19, 2007 05:53PM

jeh, my comment was going to be "But is it pretty?" I think you've summed it up in about 100 times more words, though ;)

I'm switching my cell provider
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: July 19, 2007 06:29PM

to LeNeveu's so I can call him for free!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login