Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

IJ June 30

Posted by peterg 
IJ June 30
Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: June 30, 2007 05:24PM

Here's a couple of hockey related articles from today's Ithaca Journal.

Ithaca Journal

Ithaca Journal again

Re: IJ June 30
Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 01, 2007 12:48AM

Great articles. Thank you.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: July 03, 2007 09:23PM

Nice stuff. Even nicer if the poster wrote a sentence about what the story's about and then referenced same in the subject line.

Re: IJ June 30 - did Schafer take his resume?
Date: July 03, 2007 09:27PM

>>> “He's a great two-way player, someone who can come in and play in all situations,” said Cornell head coach Mike Schafer, who was in attendance at the draft in Columbus, Ohio. “He's good on the power play, has good size and good vision. He's strong in all areas.”

So Coach was just part of the brotherhood of hockey, shaking hands and taking it all in? Paranoid types should start a "Will he stay or go?" thread.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: July 04, 2007 05:14PM

billhoward
Nice stuff. Even nicer if the poster wrote a sentence about what the story's about and then referenced same in the subject line.

Sorry if it was a struggle for you.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: July 05, 2007 12:13AM

peterg
billhoward

While Bill isn't the most diplomatic guy around, he had a valid point... it's nice to know before you click on a link why you're clicking on it. "Hockey related" can mean a lot of things, and if it's about, say, the Ambis skate sharpening dynasty or the procedure for townies to get on the Lynah season ticket wait list, I might not care so much.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: July 05, 2007 01:06AM

Beeeej
While Bill isn't the most diplomatic guy around, he had a valid point... it's nice to know before you click on a link why you're clicking on it. "Hockey related" can mean a lot of things, and if it's about, say, the Ambis skate sharpening dynasty or the procedure for townies to get on the Lynah season ticket wait list, I might not care so much.

Typical. rolleyes

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: July 05, 2007 11:34AM

jtwcornell91
Beeeej

Typical. rolleyes

Jerk.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: July 05, 2007 11:40AM

Beeeej
peterg
billhoward

Are we playing the "it matters what the thread title is" game today? Just click on the word "new" like you know you're gonna, drone.

Re: IJ June 30 - mea culpa
Date: July 08, 2007 08:18AM

Sorry. I've been trying hard to be nice. I even sent a polite consolation note to Rich S after Clarkson's loss in the NCAAs and, once sent, realized it wasn't that hard to do. (And got a nice note back. Rich S like me lives in hockey-not-so-mad-NJ and he's coached a team that played againts my kid's HS team. There's something to this six-degrees stuff.)

But still: Posters here go to some effort to provide interesting links. With just another minute of your time you could summarize what the stories are about and then make it easier for others to decide if it's worth jumping to. Or you could excerpt the most important paragraph, which should be protected by fair comment rules in case there's concern about copyright infringement.

Although given we're in the dead of off-season and still there are at least a dozen people logged on, we'll read anything. Is anybody else waiting for the posting of the countdown timer until the Red-White scrimmage?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login