Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Captains officially announced + freshmen

Posted by sah67 
Captains officially announced + freshmen
Posted by: sah67 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 10:53PM

Topher and Sawada as captains, Greening and Krantz as alternates:
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

07-08 roster with bios is here:
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

Announcement regarding the freshmen with some brief comments from Schafer, is here:
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

Re: Captains officially announced + freshmen
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: May 24, 2007 09:52AM

Mike Schafer
As a walk-on to our program, Jacob [Johnston] has the opportunity to improve his game and provide depth for our defensive corps.
Read: "He will get one shift on Senior Night if he is lucky or the program falls apart."

Or, I suppose, he becomes Sam Paolini.

In any event, I am very optimistic because of Nash. the Devins and Roeszler. Though I don't know why I bother - I have no way to evaluate any of this before the fact.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: May 24, 2007 10:09AM

ugarte
Though I don't know why I bother - I have no way to evaluate any of this before the fact.
Because it's the off season! Woo!

(You can read that "woo" as either a genuine sound of joy or as the cry of an necroanthropomorphic Bender.)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: May 24, 2007 10:32AM

ugarte
Mike Schafer
As a walk-on to our program, Jacob [Johnston] has the opportunity to improve his game and provide depth for our defensive corps.
Read: "He will get one shift on Senior Night if he is lucky or the program falls apart."

Regardless of how well the guy develops, it's great to have added depth.

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 02, 2007 12:57PM

Does anyone know how captains are chosen? Do the players vote?

I think Scott and Sawada are good choices. Must say I am surprised not to see Seminoff’s name somewhere on that list, but that being said the fact that Greening, a sophomore will be carrying an A definitely says a lot about him.

Posted by: amerks127 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: June 02, 2007 02:40PM

The players voted on the captains during a team meeting in the second week of May.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 12:46AM

Some of the coach's comments on the Cornell site are not easy to fathom, especially if you try to understand also what Schafer is not saying as well as what he is saying. Then there's this. No question about the role of forward Dan Nicholls coming off a four-goals (in 56 games) season:

>>> Cornell Coach Mike Schafer's Comments: "Dan plays a very simple and effective game. He loves to hit."

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: June 11, 2007 05:37AM

billhoward
Some of the coach's comments on the Cornell site are not easy to fathom, especially if you try to understand also what Schafer is not saying as well as what he is saying. Then there's this. No question about the role of forward Dan Nicholls coming off a four-goals (in 56 games) season:

>>> Cornell Coach Mike Schafer's Comments: "Dan plays a very simple and effective game. He loves to hit."
It's always interesting to read the coach's comments about the recruits. I also think that one can learn something about the coach from the comments. Here, for contrast, are Seth Appert's comments about RPI's recruits (sadly, not including Jeff Foss, a recent addition) [www.rpiathletics.com].

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: June 11, 2007 10:52AM

billhoward
"Dan plays a very simple and effective game. He loves to hit."

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 08:45PM

Wow. I guess so. I don't know if we have seen hits like that since Murray graduated.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: June 11, 2007 11:30PM

ursusminor
billhoward

It's always interesting to read the coach's comments about the recruits. I also think that one can learn something about the coach from the comments. Here, for contrast, are Seth Appert's comments about RPI's recruits (sadly, not including Jeff Foss, a recent addition) [www.rpiathletics.com].
Yes indeed:

"Kevin is a raw talent..."

"He has the ability to excel in any role he is put in.” (Louis Chabot opening the door on line changes?)

“Tyler is a gifted offensive player with excellent hands and vision to make his teammates better."

“Joel ... will be able to be relied upon in many different roles and situations.”

Date: June 12, 2007 10:14AM

cth95
Wow. I guess so. I don't know if we have seen hits like that since Murray graduated.

"Keep your head up." upto

Date: October 24, 2007 11:50AM

ugarte
Mike Schafer

He isn't Sammy yet, but it looks like he's currently a cusp D'man (an insurance man when Nash returns).

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 18, 2008 10:21PM

ugarte
Mike Schafer

In any event, I am very optimistic because of Nash. the Devins and Roeszler. Though I don't know why I bother - I have no way to evaluate any of this before the fact.
I thought I was only going to quote this for my total lack of prescience re: Johnston, but it turns out that I should also note my prescience re: my total lack of knowledge generally.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 18, 2008 10:41PM

ugarte
ugarte
Mike Schafer

I thought I was only going to quote this for my total lack of prescience re: Johnston, but it turns out that I should also note my prescience re: my total lack of knowledge generally.
If tonight is an outcome of "the program fall[ing] apart," I'll take it.**]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login