Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) Ticket Info

Posted by grizzdan24 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) Ticket Info
Posted by: grizzdan24 (---.neo.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2007 09:01PM

Event Info: Saturday, November 24, 8:00pm @ MSG
Ticket Prices: $15-$49

On Sale from Madison Square Garden Box Office starting at 9am on Monday, 4/2!

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) Ticket Info
Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2007 09:18PM

Cornell vs. Boston

This game gives us a great chance to beat BC, BU, Northeastern, and Sucks at once!!! Tremendous pairwise effects

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2007 11:27PM

Does "GS" mean they're only starting Group Sales on Monday?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: BigRedChsHd (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2007 11:45PM

So, do you think that Cornell will have a block of tickets that they'll sell at the ticket office, or do you think everyone will just have to purchase them through MSG? Does anyone know how this will work?

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 01, 2007 12:50AM

ebilmes

Cornell vs. Boston

This game gives us a great chance to beat BC, BU, Northeastern, and Sucks at once!!! Tremendous pairwise effects
Nope, the Bruins. They aren't even a TUC.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2007 02:44AM

ugarte
ebilmes

Cornell vs. Boston

Nope, the Bruins. They aren't even a TUC.
On the bright side, a win over the Bruins is pretty likely.

Posted by: klo25 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 09:33AM

The link on the MSG page doesn't seem to be working. Also, the Ticketmaster phone system doesn't recognize this as an event and I wasn't able to talk to anyone yet. :-/ Anyone else have any luck?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 02, 2007 09:43AM

klo25
The link on the MSG page doesn't seem to be working. Also, the Ticketmaster phone system doesn't recognize this as an event and I wasn't able to talk to anyone yet. :-/ Anyone else have any luck?

Better hurry up! I'm sure all 18,200 hockey seats at MSG will be sold out in a matter of hours!

Posted by: rojo (---.nycmny83.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: April 02, 2007 06:38PM

MSG Box office confirmed that BU called last Friday and cancelled the onsale for today. I was very pissed and left a message with marketing at MSG because they hadn't yet deleted the April 2 onsale from thegarden.com. Here's an MSG box office number to call to get further info: 212-465-6044. See some of you in St. Louis!

Craig

Posted by: MINIteam8s (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2007 04:37PM

From today's Sun ... Cornell's offical announcement is expected next week ...

[www.cornelldailysun.com]

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2007 07:07PM

[sports.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Giffy (---.campuslife.cornell.edu)
Date: April 06, 2007 12:27PM

was it just me, or was there a lot of talk about the ECACHL before there was an ECACHL...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: April 06, 2007 12:36PM

Giffy
was it just me, or was there a lot of talk about the ECACHL before there was an ECACHL...

We've always been the ECACHL. We've always been at war with Hockey East.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Giffy (---.campuslife.cornell.edu)
Date: April 06, 2007 12:41PM

We were the ECAC, not the ECACHL. and we are currently moving to be ECAC Hockey.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: April 06, 2007 12:56PM

Giffy
We were the ECAC, not the ECACHL. and we are currently moving to be ECAC Hockey.
doh

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2007 08:17PM

jtwcornell91
Giffy

We have always been allied with... er... the WCHA.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 06, 2007 09:12PM

Trotsky
jtwcornell91
Giffy

We have always been allied with... er... the WCHA.
Now there's a lie you'll never get any Cornell fan to believe.

Date: April 29, 2007 01:05PM

Has anyone gotten tickets yet? I just tried the link to the MSG Box Office, but the event's not showing up anywhere.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 29, 2007 04:13PM

[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

Too bad it's only a 3-game series.

Date: April 29, 2007 08:33PM

Just got an email from Athletics...

A special package for students is available. For $45 you will receive a Big Red Sports Pass, a ticket to the game at Madison Square Garden, and a free Red Zone t-shirt. Students may bursar this package either in person at the Cornell Athletic Ticket Office or by calling 607-255-4247. Sales start Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. This package will be offered until May 31.

This is actually a pretty good deal considering the fact that they charged $40 for the Sports Pass this year. It's worth it if you're going to the game and think you'll also be seeing $30 worth of sporting events next year. (I won't say how I feel about Cornell charging students admission to the events covered by the Sports Pass...)

Posted by: grizzdan24 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 30, 2007 12:22AM

eblimes
Sales start Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m.

Sales on Ticketmaster start Monday, April 30 at 9 a.m.

Posted by: sah67 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 12:25AM

grizzdan24
eblimes
Sales start Monday, April 30 at 10 a.m.

Sales on Ticketmaster start Monday, April 30 at 9 a.m.

The press release made it seem like tickets in the Cornell section could be ordered through Athletics or Ticketmaster, but I'm not entirely sure about Ticketmaster putting people in the Cornell section...I think I'm just going to go through Athletics.

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) Ticket Info -CU tix office question
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.z3-88-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 09:26AM

Does anyone know if the CU athletic ticket office is limiting how many tickets one person can buy?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2007 09:54AM by Ben Rocky '04.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 10:19AM

ithacat
Eh, 3 is fine. I'd like to see more games against schools we haven't played before (or haven't played in a long time).

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) - alumni class seating
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 10:33AM

A number of classes are planning seating blocs, so that's another option. Most classes try to have one NYC event each year and since the annual Cornell class council meeting has relocated to Philadelphia for a couple years, this may be it.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 30, 2007 11:53AM

I have heard nothing from the Class of 2006. I'm pretty upset right now.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 12:07PM

Oat

Why? I don't think any class has made a formal announcement about blocks of tickets. And I really doubt anyone will have trouble "sitting with the cornell section."

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not like MSG holds 2k people and will sell out today.

Of course the important question is who's organizing the alumni band for the game? They better not be seated in the rafters like in albany. :-P

Date: April 30, 2007 12:42PM

Chris '03
Oat

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not like MSG holds 2k people and will sell out today.

My thoughts exactly. This is MSG, people. 18K+ capacity. You'll be able to get good tickets walkup on November 24th, no doubt.

Yes, Cornell and BU draw well, but 4 Cornell's wouldn't sell out Times Union Center in March for a championship. Nevermind two teams selling out MSG for a regular season game on a holiday weekend when many people will put family first and hockey a distant second (yes, believe it or not :-P ).

What's the big deal? I'll order in the fall.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: April 30, 2007 03:12PM

Chris '03
Of course the important question is who's organizing the alumni band for the game? They better not be seated in the rafters like in albany. :-P
Unofficially, the word I got from the pepband manager is that he's looking forward to doing the game at MSG, so an alumni-organized band won't be necessary (alumni supplements, probably).

Date: April 30, 2007 03:41PM

DeltaOne81
Nevermind two teams selling out MSG for a regular season game on a holiday weekend when many people will put family first and hockey a distant second (yes, believe it or not :-P ).

Family first on Thursday, yes. But this is Saturday.

Maybe students have become more family focused in the wake of 9/11 or something. But on the chance today's students feel as their parents did when they were students, and the parents' parents ... much as you love seeing mom and dad and day three of turkey leftovers, sometimes, some students, might just want to get the hell out of the house for a little personal peace. The Garden looms large, then.

Sometimes we confuse a close-knit family with the washer and dryer at home being free.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: April 30, 2007 04:21PM

Josh '99
ithacat
Eh, 3 is fine. I'd like to see more games against schools we haven't played before (or haven't played in a long time).

3 is better than one or none. B-]

Date: April 30, 2007 04:44PM

billhoward
DeltaOne81
Nevermind two teams selling out MSG for a regular season game on a holiday weekend when many people will put family first and hockey a distant second (yes, believe it or not :-P ).

Family first on Thursday, yes. But this is Saturday.

Maybe students have become more family focused in the wake of 9/11 or something. But on the chance today's students feel as their parents did when they were students, and the parents' parents ... much as you love seeing mom and dad and day three of turkey leftovers, sometimes, some students, might just want to get the hell out of the house for a little personal peace. The Garden looms large, then.

Yes, but that only applies to those who go live within a couple hours drive of NYC (plenty, but far from all), go home for the holidays, and are big hockey fans. That last part alone knocks it down to at most a few thousand, and then the first two cut that down much more.

Add in alumni, etc and I have very little doubt they'll be a nice crowd, but, 'OMG, the tickets have been on sale for nearly 3 hours and I have yet to get my information' is still ridiculously overblown. It'll probably be the emptiest MSG hockey even in several years.

For instance, its nearly 12 hours later (!!!!!) and TicketMaster is offering me row 4, near the ice, at the blue line. Or row 5 at center ice in the 100s. So chill.

P.S. Does Cornell have any fees to order them (a few bucks shipping, as usual?) Cause TicketMaster again feels they deserve a 30% markup for being so 'convenient'.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: April 30, 2007 05:06PM

billhoward
Sometimes we confuse a close-knit family with the washer and dryer at home being free.

you have no idea how true that is... the cooking is nice, but the washer and dryer (and the mother who will do it just because you are home) are the reason students go home...

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: April 30, 2007 06:50PM

Dpperk29
billhoward

you have no idea how true that is... the cooking is nice, but the washer and dryer (and the mother who will do it just because you are home) are the reason students go home...
Washers and dryers are free at home? Not in my NYC apartment they weren't...

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: April 30, 2007 07:02PM

KeithK
Dpperk29
billhoward

nothing is free in NYC... those who live their after they are out of college/out of mom and dad's house accept this fact

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: April 30, 2007 08:16PM

Dpperk29
KeithK
Dpperk29
billhoward

nothing is free in NYC... those who live their after they are out of college/out of mom and dad's house accept this fact
I know that. And I meant when I was growing up in NYC. I remember several times explaining to friends that it didn't make any sense for me to bring my laundry home because it was cheaper at school. Just one of the things that set me apart as an NYC kid.

I still miss the looks I got when I told people that I didn't have a drivers license. Fun stuff!

Posted by: jaybert (12.10.219.---)
Date: May 04, 2007 11:27AM

what ticket locations are you all getting? I will probably need 8, ticketmaster is giving me section 40, which is side of the net. Called Cornell and they only have ~5 seats between their 2 lower level sections.

also, what is this $9.95 service charge per ticket? is the service fee still present if you purchase it directly from a ticketmaster location/madison square garden

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.ngpsoftware.com)
Date: May 04, 2007 04:25PM

jaybert
also, what is this $9.95 service charge per ticket? is the service fee still present if you purchase it directly from a ticketmaster location/madison square garden

It doesn't look like you can get tickets through MSG itself, just ticketmaster. Are you kidding about that charge? Thats fucking ridiculous.

Posted by: nycranger (150.108.235.---)
Date: May 04, 2007 04:37PM

Just got mine from the box office at the Garden. There is no extra charge at all...face value (49, 29, 24). You have to ask them about the cornell sections since the guy at the window didn't know and had to ask some other people. Got 4 seats in sec 116.

Posted by: jaybert (12.10.219.---)
Date: May 04, 2007 04:47PM

nycranger
Just got mine from the box office at the Garden. There is no extra charge at all...face value (49, 29, 24). You have to ask them about the cornell sections since the guy at the window didn't know and had to ask some other people. Got 4 seats in sec 116.

whoops..wish i had known that..could of asked one of my friends in NY to pick them up w/o the stupid extra chrage. oh well, if you spread it out between everyone, its only $10/each. whats another $10 when Im going to spend $400 to fly there right? :P

oh well, happy with my seat. i ended up opening 2 different windows to ticketmaster, and the first try got 2 sets of 4, 1 behind the other.

Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: May 05, 2007 01:36AM

Important Info:

The Cornell section is pretty much one-half the rink. The ticket office at Bartels gets a few sections at a time- the guy told me 500 tickets at a time. So, while the section of the rink they've sold out so far kind of sucks (I'm in 119), they will probably be getting better section as time goes by.

If it's an option for you, I'd recommend going to Bartels and figuring out what they've sold and what's going on, then deciding whether to Ticketmaster or just buy right there. I'm sure calling them will do just as well.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 06, 2007 02:05AM

Poking around the Ticketmaster site, I was amused to find that when asking me to choose a section, they offered two choices "CORNELL FAN SECTION" and "Best available".

Date: May 06, 2007 09:01AM

David Harding
Poking around the Ticketmaster site, I was amused to find that when asking me to choose a section, they offered two choices "CORNELL FAN SECTION" and "Best available".

Another example of the Lax Swami's subtle bias reaching into other areas of sports?

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) - last Cornell MSG game
Date: May 07, 2007 09:07AM

Trying to recall the last time Cornell played at Madison Square Garden - circa 1976?

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: May 07, 2007 09:16AM

billhoward
Trying to recall the last time Cornell played at Madison Square Garden - circa 1976?

CU release
Both the Big Red and the Terriers will be making their first appearance in the current incarnation of the "World's Most Famous Arena," and the game will be the first collegiate hockey game held at Madison Square Garden since 2003.
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

The "current incarnation" dates to what, ~1964?

Date: May 07, 2007 09:45AM

Chris '03
billhoward

CU release
Both the Big Red and the Terriers will be making their first appearance in the current incarnation of the "World's Most Famous Arena," and the game will be the first collegiate hockey game held at Madison Square Garden since 2003.
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]

The "current incarnation" dates to what, ~1964?

1968 seems like:

On February 11, 1968 the fourth Madison Square Garden, Madison Square Garden IV, opened after the financially troubled Pennsylvania Railroad tore down Pennsylvania Station (although the tracks remained underneath).
[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: May 07, 2007 10:28AM

billhoward

CU release
We first played in the current MSG in Dec. '69. Last played there in Jan. '76 IIRC.

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) - last Cornell MSG game - 1975-76
Date: May 07, 2007 12:32PM

billhoward

[edit add]It was the 1975-76 season at the ECAC Holiday Festival. At the time Cornell was playing two holiday tournaments, the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament, which ran from the late 1960s through 1976-77, then died (or at least Cornell went away), and then the ECAC Holiday Festival. Press guide says at the MSG festival Cornell lost 4-2 to Clarkson then beat Penn (yes, Penn once played hockey) 8-2.

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: May 07, 2007 12:35PM

billhoward
billhoward
the Syracuse Hockey Invitational Tournament, which ran from the late 1960s through 1976-77, then died (or at least Cornell went away),

Cornell played in the SIT in the 2001 season. I believe that was the last SIT. [Nope, it went on for another year: [www.augenblick.org]]

Date: May 07, 2007 12:40PM

I stand corrected. I really thought the S.H.I.T. was a goner long before. The Florida Classic makes more sense at least as a publicity tool. Lots of Mark One Bancorp of Schenectady type holiday classics, not many in Florida.

Posted by: slh10 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 18, 2007 05:33PM

As anyone have tickets near center ice. I was just at the ticket office and Gene claims these have all been sold. I find it somewhat hard to believe. I also called ticketmaster and they only show the ends available. Also ticketmaster online showing only the ends in lower bowl and 100 level. Just wondering if I waited too long or if the ticket people are jerking us around

Posted by: Robb (12.46.32.---)
Date: May 18, 2007 05:55PM

slh10
As anyone have tickets near center ice. I was just at the ticket office and Gene claims these have all been sold. I find it somewhat hard to believe. I also called ticketmaster and they only show the ends available. Also ticketmaster online showing only the ends in lower bowl and 100 level. Just wondering if I waited too long or if the ticket people are jerking us around

They're definitely jerking you around. Well, TicketBa$tard is, anyway, and they're probably jerking Gene around. I had a friend who was so frustrated with Ticketmaster that he took a summer job with them just to see how the system worked. The would intentionally hold good tickets while telling people that events were sold out and then "magically" release the tickets later on, etc - the point was to keep the audience guessing, just so that people would always think that they might have a chance, so they always keep calling. Absolutely sucks - absolutely unfair (using 3rd grade playground morality), and there's absolutely nothing we can do about it.

For you, Ticketmaster:

flipd

Posted by: slh10 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: May 18, 2007 06:10PM

My thoughts exactly, I will keep checking from time to time. I will be in NYC in July so I may stop by the Garden and check then also. Gene is such a moron when it comes to dealing with him. He always gives some song and dance about not having any info and how the tickets are all gone and a bunch of other BS.

Posted by: RM 08 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2007 02:24AM

I went to Bartels yesterday and bought the last 3 tickets in the "best" student section (331). Supposedly they wont have any available other than 321 to about 327 for students, and everything else is behind the goal line for every other level. I don't think it will be too difficult to move around from section to section once the game starts, as ushers wont be as strict as they are during Rangers games, but I could be wrong.

Posted by: mgl11 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 19, 2007 07:43AM

The story from the MSG box office is the same. I went last week and was told that the Cornell seats in the 100 level were gone. It was not, however, a problem to get seats in the 200 level a row or two behind the Cornell section.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 19, 2007 02:32PM

mgl11
The story from the MSG box office is the same. I went last week and was told that the Cornell seats in the 100 level were gone. It was not, however, a problem to get seats in the 200 level a row or two behind the Cornell section.

blah..bought 8 tickets earlier in section 60, seats 1-4 in 2 rows...but now I find out more friends want to goto the game! Whats the best way to see if I can get a few seats around my other seats? Do you all know if ticketmaster will be willing to look at individual seats for me? Or should I get someone to go to the MSG boxoffice in person to do so?

Advice?
Date: June 17, 2007 11:27PM

slh10
At least five of us (me, wife, daughter, sister, niece) are making the commitment to be there and have started looking at seat availability through Ticketmaster. If I ask for the Cornell section, they offer me section 323 (behind the goal). If I ask for best available over all, they offer me 101 (exactly in the corner). If I specify level 2, they offer 204 (even with the special spots). At level 3 they offer 335 (on the center line). (There was also a single seat at the loge level and none at the mezzanine level.) I've never been to MSG, so I don't have any sense of the scale or what the sight lines are like, except from the photos they offer [www.thegarden.com]. The photos are pretty useful, but can anyone comment? I'm leaning toward section 204. How far around the corner do they wrap the protective netting?

Re: Advice?
Posted by: jaybert (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 18, 2007 01:55AM

when the tickets went on sale originally, i know there were center ice seats available if you were an amex gold member (you enter the customer service # when checking out as your code). I got the # from a friend and saw the center ice seats, but I opted to go with some seats towards the inside of the blue line, since we were able to purchase 2 sets of 4 in 2 rows next to each other in the same section. (Just had 2 windows open...and they happened to give me 2 adjacent rows)

David Harding
slh10
At least five of us (me, wife, daughter, sister, niece) are making the commitment to be there and have started looking at seat availability through Ticketmaster. If I ask for the Cornell section, they offer me section 323 (behind the goal). If I ask for best available over all, they offer me 101 (exactly in the corner). If I specify level 2, they offer 204 (even with the special spots). At level 3 they offer 335 (on the center line). (There was also a single seat at the loge level and none at the mezzanine level.) I've never been to MSG, so I don't have any sense of the scale or what the sight lines are like, except from the photos they offer [www.thegarden.com]. The photos are pretty useful, but can anyone comment? I'm leaning toward section 204. How far around the corner do they wrap the protective netting?

Date: September 21, 2007 11:43PM

In case anyone did not receive the message, this showed up in my mailbox yesterday afternoon:

BIG RED HOCKEY COMES TO THE BIG APPLE!

Cornell vs. BU Hockey
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Madison Square Garden
5:30pm Big Red Pre-game Pep Rally & Reception
6:30pm Remarks by Cornell Coach Mike Schafer ‘86
8:00pm Face-Off

Join fellow Cornellians at the pre-game reception held at Madison Square Garden’s Play by Play Sports Bar and Restaurant from 5:30-7:30pm. The cost is $30/adult and $15/child aged 10 and under, and includes hamburgers, hotdogs, salads and non-alcoholic beverages. Cash bar will be available.

To register, please visit www.alumni.cornell.edu

Activities for everyone including video games and visits by the Pep Band and Big Red Bears!

Please respond by Friday, November 9, 2007. Space is limited, so advance reservations are strongly encouraged. Walk-ins will be accommodated on a first-come, first-served basis.

Questions? Please contact Donna Carl in the Office of Alumni Affairs at dc37@cornell.edu or 607-255-3517.

To purchase hockey tickets, call Cornell Athletics at 607-254-2327 or visit cornellbigred.com.

Let's Go Red!

Posted by: Robin (146.189.18.---)
Date: September 25, 2007 11:01AM

Did anyone get tickets in the 200/lower level??

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2007 11:36AM

I got a decent block in the 100 level.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jts15 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: September 25, 2007 03:31PM

I got 5 in the 200 level...those were the "best available" at the time. I have a feeling I jumped the gun and should have waited to see if they release more 100 level as the date gets closer.

12,000 tickets sold?
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2007 09:50AM

According to Jack Parker nearly 12,000 tickets have been sold for the game: [cornellbigred.com]

Also, BU will wear white and be the home team.

Re: 12,000 tickets sold?
Date: October 03, 2007 10:45AM

Chris '03
I disapprove.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 03, 2007 01:03PM

the number sold according to MSG ealier this week was much less. Whatever, a sell out or close to it would be great.

I hope to get my tix tom'w night at MSG. With a discount...supposedly.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 07:30PM

Josh '99
Chris '03
I disapprove.

Cue the discussion about the psychological advantage of red uniforms...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 07:52PM

ebilmes
Josh '99
Chris '03
I disapprove.

I don't care about that, New York is our state, we should be the home team (and have the last line change).

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: October 03, 2007 08:38PM

Josh '99
ebilmes
Josh '99
Chris '03
I disapprove.

I don't care about that, New York is our state, we should be the home team (and have the last line change).

Maybe they are still bitter over the series from the '02-03 series we schooled them in and demanded being the home team in return. :)

Date: October 05, 2007 03:02PM

For those who are still shut out of MSG, [www.stubhub.com] seems to have a smattering of tickets available from private sellers, some at not completely outrageous prices.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: October 05, 2007 05:04PM

Shut out? That game sold out?

Date: October 05, 2007 05:10PM

Not as far as I know, but posts in this thread and the word elsewhere have made it sound to me like all the usual places to find tickets aren't bearing much fruit. If I've misinterpreted I apologize for alarming anyone. I'm sure tickets are still available - it's a big arena - but I don't know from whom anybody can currently try to get them, at least decent ones (I gather some in the 400 level are still out there).

- Steve Worona

Posted by: abmarks (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 06, 2007 03:42PM

They are available at ticketmaster

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D003E6AF0508B66?artistid=1127143&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

I just searched - 2 best available seats gives you upper deck: 400 level.

Date: October 09, 2007 02:21PM

abmarks

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D003E6AF0508B66?artistid=1127143&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

For what it's worth, 400 level seats at MSG are pretty crappy. I'd look elsewhere to see if I could do better before I took those.

Date: October 09, 2007 04:32PM

Josh '99
abmarks

For what it's worth, 400 level seats at MSG are pretty crappy. I'd look elsewhere to see if I could do better before I took those.
Good enough for me. And I don't think that there are better to be had from standard channels. I got 6 from the Cornell Club (NYC) yesterday. No ticketmaster surcharge if you get from the Cornell Club.

Well, I reserved 6. Apparently the school (or someone) is sending another block to the Cornell Club and I'll pick them up when they arrive.

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 09, 2007 04:43PM

Honestly, I'm both shocked and elated that tickets have sold so well. While I share the skepticism of many regarding ticket availability (I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a number of good seats go on sale two weeks before tpuck drops) it's pretty clear that MSG will very full, if not sold out, come the 24th. Two college teams with relatively low national profiles coming close to filling a 20,000 seat arena is impressive. There should be a ton of energy in the building, I know I can't wait.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: October 10, 2007 07:41PM

Just heard a commercial for the game while listening to the Rangers on the radio...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: October 12, 2007 11:30AM

FYI, the Cornell ticket office still has availability (and no stupid, huge TM charges, only $3 or so shipping). They have apparently regularly been requesting more from MSG when they run out. All that's left with them is 400s but are, of course, in the Cornell section.

I'm really surprised at how these have sold, but with needing to figure out family plans, had no idea how many I would've needed until recently.

Re: Cornell/BU Thanksgiving (11/24) - TV INFO
Posted by: Cornell95 (---.c3-0.abr-ubr2.sbo-abr.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: October 13, 2007 05:14PM

Just an FYI, according to the Hockey East website... this game is supposed to be on CSTV at 8PM (LIVE)

For everyone who is outside traveling distance, tied up in Thanksgiving weekend plans or too poor to buy tickets, at least you will be able to see the game. Lets Go Red!

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: October 18, 2007 09:56AM

Anybody know which end we shoot twice at?

Date: October 18, 2007 10:25AM

Jordan 04
When the Rangers play, the visiting team shoots twice at the end that's in front of sections 36, 96, 132, 232 and 347. I believe that's the Seventh Avenue end, if that helps any.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: October 18, 2007 02:32PM

Josh '99
Jordan 04
When the Rangers play, the visiting team shoots twice at the end that's in front of sections 36, 96, 132, 232 and 347. I believe that's the Seventh Avenue end, if that helps any.

Thanks.

Had a friend pick up tix for me at the Garden. We ended up with the first two rows of 420, 4 and 4 in front and back of each other. What's the first row of the 400's like at the Garden? Is it actually the first row of the section, or is it a Shea kind of deal where there are the boxes in the front part of the section, and behind the aisle starts Row A?

Never expected so many tickets to be sold, but happy to be in the building and looking forward to it!

Date: October 18, 2007 04:13PM

Jordan 04
What's the first row of the 400's like at the Garden? Is it actually the first row of the section, or is it a Shea kind of deal where there are the boxes in the front part of the section, and behind the aisle starts Row A?
I'm pretty sure row A is actually the front of the section, but not 100% certain.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: October 27, 2007 12:54AM

I am the Great Procrastinator but it looks reasonably sure that I will be going to this game. I hope to take my nephews and convert them to the religion that is Cornell Hockey.

Although I am thrilled that the game will be packed, my dream that I could just stroll up at the last minute and by good seats in the Cornell section is gone.

Yet, I keep seeing references in the above posts to "opening up new sections" or "such and such a club or Cornell Athletics getting a new block of seats.

Can I reasonably expect a block of decent seats to become available if I just wait? Or do I need to start fishing around resale sites if I want some decent seats? As pointed out above, StubHub does have some seats, but the prices are not reasonable.

I just need for someone to tell me what to do....or I will just continue to wait and hope until it is too late.

I trust the Wisdom of this Crowd.
Thanks.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: October 31, 2007 07:51AM

Roy 82
I am the Great Procrastinator but it looks reasonably sure that I will be going to this game. I hope to take my nephews and convert them to the religion that is Cornell Hockey.

Although I am thrilled that the game will be packed, my dream that I could just stroll up at the last minute and by good seats in the Cornell section is gone.

Yet, I keep seeing references in the above posts to "opening up new sections" or "such and such a club or Cornell Athletics getting a new block of seats.

Can I reasonably expect a block of decent seats to become available if I just wait? Or do I need to start fishing around resale sites if I want some decent seats? As pointed out above, StubHub does have some seats, but the prices are not reasonable.

I just need for someone to tell me what to do....or I will just continue to wait and hope until it is too late.

I trust the Wisdom of this Crowd.
Thanks.

In the words of the immortal Clint Eastwood, "Do ya feel lucky, punk?" If you don't want to gamble, buy what's available now either at the Garden or on Ticketmaster. The Cornell athletics office may also have some, and it's worth the call. When I called them over the summer, I could get better tickets from the other sources. I think only nosebleed section tickets are available now.

Alternatively, you can wait. I seriously doubt the Garden is holding back good tickets at this point. You can try walking up. Maybe the Garden will still have some tickets, or maybe people will be selling them in front. If it were me, I wouldn't choose this option, especially with kids. Nonetheless, we report, you decide.

Swampy

Posted by: CUlater 89 (---.ambac.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 04:40PM

New batch of tickets available now, in section 115.

Posted by: cp20 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 04:45PM

Through where ?

Posted by: CUlater 89 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: October 31, 2007 07:34PM

Ticketmaster

Posted by: cp20 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 07:23AM

Thanks ! CUlater89

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.host.starwoodhotels.com)
Date: November 01, 2007 12:51PM

Geez, why do they do that? Just to frustrate the hell out of the consumer who purchased tickets 2 weeks ago?

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: November 01, 2007 01:11PM

Jordan 04
Geez, why do they do that? Just to frustrate the hell out of the consumer who purchased tickets 2 weeks ago?

Nope. They do it so the next time you hear that an event is sold out, you'll remember this and visit their website anyway, and even if there AREN'T any tickets for your event, maybe you'll buy something else instead.

Jerks.

Posted by: Roy 82 (128.18.14.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 03:05PM

Swampy

In the words of the immortal Clint Eastwood, "Do ya feel lucky, punk?" If you don't want to gamble, buy what's available now either at the Garden or on Ticketmaster. The Cornell athletics office may also have some, and it's worth the call. When I called them over the summer, I could get better tickets from the other sources. I think only nosebleed section tickets are available now.

Alternatively, you can wait. I seriously doubt the Garden is holding back good tickets at this point. You can try walking up. Maybe the Garden will still have some tickets, or maybe people will be selling them in front. If it were me, I wouldn't choose this option, especially with kids. Nonetheless, we report, you decide.

Swampy

Well I wasn't feeling lucky but I did manage to get 5 in 214. I will take that at this point. I can only hope that it is behind the goal CU shoots on for 2 periods.

These tix and the 115s we heard about becoming available are behind the goal and I suspect that they weren't selling these sections until they filled in the sides a bit more. Just speculation.

Anyway, thanks for your inputs.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 03:07PM by Roy 82.

Posted by: ugarte (---.247.72-86.rev.gaoland.net)
Date: November 01, 2007 08:17PM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---.ms.com)
Date: November 05, 2007 12:56PM

I just went onto Ticketmaster and only see 2 tix up in 427...uggh. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can sit any closer? HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! :-)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:27PM

bigggreddd77
I just went onto Ticketmaster and only see 2 tix up in 427...uggh. Anyone have any suggestions for how I can sit any closer? HEEEEELLLLPPPP!!!! :-)
Ignore everyone here next year and order early?

Kyle

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:31PM

bigggreddd77

Perfect time travel? Wish for a healthy scalping scene at the arena?

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2007 11:41PM

bigggreddd77

Oh, this is easy. Check out StubHub and fork over up to $238 per ticket.cry

Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 09, 2007 12:22AM

Yeah...been there...not gonna do it...and $238 is about the middle of the road price. I was thinking of getting the whole lower level VIP box for $2,223 but decided against it. :-P

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.med.nyu.edu)
Date: November 09, 2007 12:54AM

Yeah, that's an unfortunate aspect of having the game at a venue like the Garden. People who make their livings reselling tickets put up prices that would be "appropriate" for the Rangers games rather than college hockey. They don't know/care about the event and will just take the loss when no one buys and let the tickets go to waste.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 09, 2007 01:32AM

Cactus12
Yeah, that's an unfortunate aspect of having the game at a venue like the Garden. People who make their livings reselling tickets put up prices that would be "appropriate" for the Rangers games rather than college hockey. They don't know/care about the event and will just take the loss when no one buys and let the tickets go to waste.

<insert Kyle's position on the efficiency of free markets>

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: November 09, 2007 02:08AM

nyc94
Cactus12

<insert Kyle's position on the efficiency of free markets>
Clearly it's inefficient here because of lack of correct information about college hockey market.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login