Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

An old friend...

Posted by DeltaOne81 
An old friend...
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2007 07:25PM

[echl.com]

PRINCETON, N.J. – The ECHL announced on Friday that it has suspended Idaho right wing Matt Nickerson for 16 games and fined him an undisclosed amount as a result of his actions in ECHL Game #793 against Alaska on Mar. 21.

“During a third-period melee, Mr. Nickerson engaged multiple opponents who clearly did not wish to participate in an altercation,” said ECHL Vice President of Hockey Operations Rod Pasma. “At the conclusion of this incident, Mr. Nickerson delivered two blind-sided sucker punches to an unsuspecting opponent. The ECHL will not tolerate such inappropriate behavior from our players.”

Nickerson will miss Idaho’s remaining eight regular season games and the first eight games of the Kelly Cup Playoffs. If Idaho plays fewer than eight games in the 2007 Kelly Cup Playoffs, Nickerson would serve the remaining games at the start of the 2007-08 regular season.

Re: An old friend...
Posted by: Robb (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: March 23, 2007 07:32PM

Oof. Bad day all around for GK fans...

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: March 23, 2007 07:32PM

I wouldn't put too much blame on him. After prolonged periods of time, syphilis can begin to affect the brain.nut

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 23, 2007 07:40PM

Roy 82
I wouldn't put too much blame on him. After prolonged periods of time, syphilis can begin to affect the brain.nut

Okay, guys, come on - seriously - that's really enough innuendo already. There's a limit to these things, and you're just taking it too far.

I mean, who'd believe he has a brain?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 23, 2007 07:55PM

Beeeej
Roy 82

Okay, guys, come on - seriously - that's really enough innuendo already. There's a limit to these things, and you're just taking it too far.

I'm sure all the babies he ate had brains.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: March 23, 2007 08:00PM

Roy 82

You bastard, that's my line!

Didn't we used to hear how much of a shoe-in he was to make the NHL?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: March 23, 2007 11:22PM

*insert angry, indignant comments from Clarkson fans*

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 23, 2007 11:33PM

This is just another reason why the ECAC only deserves one team in the tournament. ;-)

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 23, 2007 11:35PM

Will
Beeeej
Roy 82

I'm sure all the babies he ate had brains.

Or maybe it's like mad cow disease, but with babies? Mad babies disease nut

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2007 11:14AM

Hey, remember when someone (the name is escaping me right now) on this board wouldn't have any of anyone calling any Clarkson players goons, even in jest? And when someone did, he would respond with something to the effect of "no, you are."

Hornby: 10 minutes and 2 games
Nickerson: 16 games

QED
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 06:35PM by RichH.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2007 11:22AM

RichH
Hornby: 10 minutes and two games
Nickerson: 16 games and consecutive daily intramuscular injections with procaine penicillin
FYP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2007 11:22AM by ugarte.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 24, 2007 11:07PM

Nickerson left college h

ockey three years ago. Is their a point to still bashing the guy? It's tiresome and pointless.

Seems that with cornell not in the NCAAs, you guys have too much time on your hands.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 24, 2007 11:30PM

Rich S
Nickerson left college h

ockey three years ago. Is their a point to still bashing the guy? It's tiresome and pointless.

Seems that with cornell not in the NCAAs, you guys have too much time on your hands.
Yeah, but he was such a jerk it's hard to stop. Sorry Rich, but even I have to say that. To be nice, I did give your band a couple of left over bags of Snickers yesterday. The Roch rink staff were not even checking bags and we didn't even have to sneak them in. However, I couldn't get up enough energy to throw to the fans.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 12:38AM

Rich S
Nickerson left college hockey three years ago. Is their a point to still bashing the guy?

Its funny.

And this is new?

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 02:03AM

Rich S
Nickerson left college h

ockey three years ago. Is their a point to still bashing the guy?

You must have missed all the threads discussing Cornell and ECAC alumni in the pros.

To be fair and behaviorally predictive, I would think there would be a good number of people doing embarrassing and humbling bashing of Cornell alumni on this board if one of them pulled a Chris Simon. Also, I think a large number of people who visit and post here are generally supportive of ECAC alumni in the professional ranks...be it Martin St. Louis, David LeNeveu, or Willie Mitchell.

Ain't that always the truth?? With any off season? Luckily, a good bulk of us have lacrosse to focus on, and there's a handful of the Cornell fanbase attending the Frozen Four as well. With Clarkson and St. Lawrence out of the NCAAs as well, you should join us in this state of college hockey limbo. It's not a bad place with this much good company. :-)

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2007 05:38AM

It's all Nickerson's fault.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 12:37PM

Sometimes I feel like you guys are performing some sort of Pavlonian experiment, and RichS is the oblivious test subject...

I think you've conclusively proven that if you ring the Clarkson bell, he will respond.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 02:47PM

RichH
Rich S
Nickerson left college h

ockey three years ago. Is their a point to still bashing the guy?

You must have missed all the threads discussing Cornell and ECAC alumni in the pros...Also, I think a large number of people who visit and post here are generally supportive of ECAC alumni in the professional ranks...be it Martin St. Louis, David LeNeveu, or Willie Mitchell.

I was excited to see Ken Scuderi (Clarkson '05) playing (well!) in Pensacola last night. Nathan Marsters (RPI '04) also played and got the shootout win...which meant Dave McKee was NOT in goal nor even on the bench :(

Nickerson, on the other hand...let's just say I have fond memories of his shiners. Honestly, he's a goon and has been at least since college. This is not the first time since he's left that he's gotten suspended. I'm allowed to dislike someone that, in my opinion, plays beyond dirty and when I know everyone else here dislikes him too, it's worth posting these stories.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2007 03:26PM

RichH
To be fair and behaviorally predictive, I would think there would be a good number of people doing embarrassing and humbling bashing of Cornell alumni on this board if one of them pulled a Chris Simon. Also, I think a large number of people who visit and post here are generally supportive of ECAC alumni in the professional ranks...be it Martin St. Louis, David LeNeveu, or Willie Mitchell.
Fuck Willie Mitchell. Erik Cole, fine. Willie Mitchell, not a chance.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 03:27PM by Josh '99.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 06:20PM

This was noteworthy enough to be an article in Western College Hockey Blog which rarely covers eastern players. [westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2007 10:17PM

In an item linked from the blog the syphilitic skater's coach gives his opinion:

"Matty Nickerson isn't down here to be a meathead," Laxdal said. "He's down here to learn how to play forward."

As I said, that is his coach's opinion. Matt's physician may have a dissenting opinion.nut
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2007 10:18PM by marty.

Posted by: WillR (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 25, 2007 11:45PM

I have been reading about this guy's syphilis for 2 years and now i finally have to ask for someone to explain how this got started.

Date: March 26, 2007 12:14AM

WillR
I have been reading about this guy's syphilis for 2 years and now i finally have to ask for someone to explain how this got started.

I believe it was a cheer along the lines of "Nickerson has the [clap]," where [clap] was the physical hand motion. Sections A and B didn't like him - he was flicking us off and such and the more we picked on him, the more he responded. We learned his name (Clarkson at the time didn't have names on the backs of their jerseys, and to my knowledge still don't) and picked on him even more. I believe this was the 2003-2004 season, culminating in the playoff series vs. Clarkson that didn't exist, so we got an extra three games at home to mess with him.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2007 12:48AM

Liz '05
WillR

I believe it was a cheer along the lines of "Nickerson has the [clap]," where [clap] was the physical hand motion. Sections A and B didn't like him - he was flicking us off and such and the more we picked on him, the more he responded. We learned his name (Clarkson at the time didn't have names on the backs of their jerseys, and to my knowledge still don't) and picked on him even more. I believe this was the 2003-2004 season, culminating in the playoff series vs. Clarkson that didn't exist, so we got an extra three games at home to mess with him.

The syphilis thing actually started against Dwyer in the WMU series early in 03-04, and came back late in the year against Nickerson. I don't remember if the <clap> part came first, but with the North Country home series ending the year and the playoff series, it had developed fully by game 1.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 09:45AM

How to two people complete whiff on the opportunity to elaborate on Nickerson's possible sexual proclivities when asked how it all got started?

Must be the off-season. We're not at the top of our game.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:04AM

Hooker in a dumpster behind the 7-Eleven.

That better?

Posted by: Chris '03 (137.99.117.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:41AM

CowbellGuy

That better?

The same one where Morris used to hit his players?! :-O

popcornpopcornpopcorn

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:45AM

Same dumpster where Fat Mike gets his donuts. laugh

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:47AM

CowbellGuy

That better?
In the dumpster? Not just next to it or something? That's dedication.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.182.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 10:48AM

Jordan 04
How to two people complete whiff on the opportunity to elaborate on Nickerson's possible sexual proclivities when asked how it all got started?

Coach Schafer is stifling their offense talents and forcing them into a defensive system

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2007 11:29AM

Rich S

Hey, don't knock 'em. Dumpster donuts is good eatin'.pain

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 12:40PM

Dpperk29
Jordan 04

Coach Schafer is stifling their offense talents and forcing them into a defensive system
The game has passed him by.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.nrl.navy.mil)
Date: March 26, 2007 02:10PM

Trotsky
Dpperk29
Jordan 04

The game has passed him by.
Schafer or Nickerson? :-P

Date: March 26, 2007 03:32PM

Jordan 04

Feeble attempt at self-defense:
It was late. I'd been doing homework. I was in a very literal frame of mind.

Basically, I don't heckle well :)

Date: March 26, 2007 03:59PM

Liz '05
You're pretty loud, though.

I mean, for a girl. :-}

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 26, 2007 04:26PM

Liz '05
Jordan 04

Feeble attempt at self-defense:
It was late. I'd been doing homework. I was in a very literal frame of mind.

No worries. No self-defense needed. We're all a team here when it comes to Nickerson.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 05:05PM

Josh '99
Liz '05

This is what passes for a hookup line around here... doh

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 05:18PM

Trotsky
Josh '99
Liz '05

Well that's what it takes to get into her nickers, son.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 26, 2007 08:08PM

Rich S
He needs to find the "One and Done" donut chain that slender George frequents.

Date: March 26, 2007 09:18PM

ftyuv
Trotsky
Josh '99
Liz '05

Well that's what it takes to get into her nickers, son.

:-D

Posted by: Rich S (---.wayneschools.com)
Date: March 27, 2007 11:35AM

RatushnyFan
Rich S
He needs to find the "One and Done" donut chain that slender George frequents.

Didn't you know that Potsdam is the state capital for high quality donuts? No chain for Coach Roll.

I can only guess that Schafer's perpetual lack of a smile is due to the poor quality of donuts he eats. They must be garbage, right out of the Lynah dumpster. :-}

Re: the "One and Done" reference, this was the first appearnace in the NCAAs for Tech under Roll. Tech fans are confident that future appearances will be more succesful.

Re: An old friend... Techster predicts greater success in future
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 27, 2007 11:45AM

Rich S
... [blah blah blah] Tech fans are confident that future appearances [under George Roll] will be more succesful.

That would be a near-certainty. Doing worse than scoring zero goals and exiting in round one is hard to conceive.

But hey, you made it further than Cornell. So enjoy the off-season.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 27, 2007 11:48AM

Rich S
I can only guess that Schafer's perpetual lack of a smile is due to the poor quality of donuts he eats.

Have you ever tried to lift that much cheek flesh?

Posted by: sah67 (128.253.207.---)
Date: March 27, 2007 03:37PM

Trotsky
Josh '99
Liz '05

"You had me at sieve."

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 27, 2007 04:34PM

RichH
Rich S
I can only guess that Schafer's perpetual lack of a smile is due to the poor quality of donuts he eats.

Have you ever tried to lift that much cheek flesh?

uhoh Uhhh..., pass! Pass!

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: July 11, 2007 10:16AM

Jordan 04

Matt Nickerson strikes again!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.orl.fdn.com)
Date: July 11, 2007 11:36AM

... is it wrong that the only thing I took from that is "aww, what a cute little stuffed spirochete"?

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 11, 2007 07:15PM

Section A Banshee
... is it wrong that the only thing I took from that is "aww, what a cute little stuffed spirochete"?

You're not the only one, but it would be more appropriate in green and gold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login