Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

BU at Harvard 11/22

Posted by Jacob '06 
BU at Harvard 11/22
Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 07:43PM

Harvard opens it up with a 5x3 advantage goal about 4 mins in

The game is on cn8's internet feed if you are interested.
[ne.cn8.tv]
click watch it now
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2005 07:43PM by Jacob '06.

Re: BU at Harvard 11/22
Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (205.232.74.---)
Date: November 22, 2005 08:04PM

2-0 Harvard, 4 min left in the first. Really nice quality on the feed.

Posted by: Tub(a) (12.45.28.---)
Date: November 22, 2005 08:17PM

[Q]Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

2-0 Harvard, 4 min left in the first. Really nice quality on the feed.[/q]

And it's free.

How do they do it? rolleyes

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 08:54PM

BU starting to actually play in this game. 2-1 Harvard with 3 minutes left in the 2nd

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 08:57PM

OK, I can't get it on the web. Media Player opens up with nothing. So what am I doing wrong, or doesn't it make it to Syracuse?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 08:57PM

BU appears to have rather grotesque new away unis. Or are theysome kind of retro look? Don't recall their looking like this even back to the 60s. 2-1 nearing end of 2nd.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:03PM

[Q]Tub(a) Wrote:

Pete Godenschwager Wrote:

2-0 Harvard, 4 min left in the first. Really nice quality on the feed.[/Q]
And it's free.

How do they do it? [/q]

The answer is simple. These broadcasts are underwritten by the "Bob Norton is a Hockey God" Foundation. This non-profit organization is dedicated to the proposition that background information about the junior team is much more important than real color commentary.

Played on the US blah blah blah, also played in the Boston sucks gas league. He just let go with one there. These are great games. And I just can't stop my mouth. Some teams win and some don't.

If you get a chance, go see a game. Oh, yeah. Bagwell has done a great job and who the f cares what is going on on the ice.

They're close. We've got a third period......
screwy

I like the Armenian name dropping at the end of the second period. But the dialog is disappointing in that it is just too easy to lampoon.

And by the way Screw BU!

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:09PM

That is weird Jim. I'm on RoadRunner in Troy and picking it up with no trouble.

Try pasting this in the Windows Media Player:

[ne.cn8.tv]

Or try to click on the link a few times. It may be that there are a limited number of connections allowed.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:15PM

[Q]marty Wrote:

Or try to click on the link a few times. It may be that there are a limited number of connections allowed. [/q]Thanks, but still won't open. I get "Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again." Maybe Time-Warner won't let it through?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:21PM

[Q]Jim Hyla Wrote:

marty Wrote:

Or try to click on the link a few times. It may be that there are a limited number of connections allowed. [/Q]
Thanks, but still won't open. I get "Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again." Maybe Time-Warner won't let it through?[/q]
I'm using Time Warner in Ithaca and it works fine.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:32PM

Wow! The quality of the picture and voice is pretty amazing. Looks like they have more HE games programmed than anything else.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:33PM

Donato in a taped interview says he wants to establish Bright Center as a tough place to play ... talks about better attendance the last year and a half ...

... but aren't those a bunch of empty seats we're seeing?

What a treat: A webcast that's free ... that has instant replays.

The BU retro uniforms aren't that bad if you like lots of horizontal white stripes.

Date: November 22, 2005 09:34PM

[Q]Drew Wrote:
Looks like they have more HE games programmed than anything else.[/q]

Lot of HE teams in the Boston TV market.

Date: November 22, 2005 09:35PM

[Q]Drew Wrote: Wow! The quality of the picture and voice is pretty amazing. Looks like they have more HE games programmed than anything else.[/q]... if not the quality of what they're saying. Harvard draws (er, drawrs as they call it) a penalty, then BU picks one up moments later and the color guy notes, "This is not a good thing if you're a BU fan."

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 09:47PM

BU sneaks one through, 2-2 with 1:40 (?) to go

Date: November 22, 2005 09:52PM

Too bad Parker couldn't find a Xavier to put on the line with Yip and Zancanaro.

Posted by: French Rage (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 10:41PM

Ends as a 2-2 tie.

Harvard's gotta win these games agains the Beanpot teams so that they can finish .500 with them at the end of the year. :-D

Date: November 22, 2005 10:46PM

Nice game to watch. Exciting ending. Too bad there aren't 10 games a night like this being streamed. And while I'd pay five bucks to see a Cornell webcast, the only way I'd watch this one was if it's free. CN8 was smart to stream it free ... but then, it's only getting more viewers that way.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 22, 2005 11:21PM

[Q]billhoward Wrote:

What a treat: A webcast that's free ... that has instant replays.

[/q]

Uh, it's a TV station that is being streamed full time, so there's nothing special about having instant replays (or Bob Norton for that matter). Whatever is on CN8 (both the New England and Mid-Atlantic feeds) is always streamed online.

IIRC, the 2004 ECAC's were aired on CN8, and I was able to watch online.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 02:22AM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

BU appears to have rather grotesque new away unis. Or are theysome kind of retro look? Don't recall their looking like this even back to the 60s. [/q]

I thought they actually looked alright, even though I like the clean look of BU's "regular" sweaters.

There were a good number of empty seats, but they were all paid for, since they were selling only standing room at the door. When I called to order three tickets Monday they had no seats together and only about 20 left before they went to SRO. But we had no trouble sitting together anyway.

It was really impressive the way Harvard dominated the first period. The 20-7 shot advantage was probably about right, given how much of the action was at our end of the rink. Nice to see an ECAC team dominate a Hockey Least team, if only for a period.

We were actually in a fun place, next to the main block of BU fans and a couple of sections over from the H band. Actually, it was about one section over from a typical Lynah East seat. Nothing like a Cornell-Harvard atmosphere, but the two groups (maybe 20 on each side) were pretty vocal and mildly entertaining. But nice job to the Crimson moron who started yelling and pointing at the scoreboard as the BU fans were celebrating the goal that made it 1-2. Because that sort of thing never bites you in the ass. rolleyes

BTW, this game was a good counterexample to the NHL's wrong-headed ideas. It was a 2-2 tie, only four goals, no shootout, and still very entertaining. (The 70+ combined shots helped of course.) Oh, also, the fans somehow managed to care without the benefit of a staged fight.

Of course, a tie is also a nice compromise in the face of ambivalent rooting interests.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 10:21AM

I was there as well, sitting just to the left of the BU bench.

It was an entertaining game, all the way to the finish. First period could have been 5-0 Harvard. Harvard skaters were beating BU to virtually every loose puck, passing smartly, interrupting every attempt by BU to get anything organized. In short, they were doing everything you want to see your team doing to the opposition. Fortunately for BU, they stiffened in the 2nd period and finally got on the board. 3rd period saw some good action, with BU keeping the pressure on. Still, Harvard had some good looks and on a couple of occasions I thought they'd put it away. I'd swear one puck was in the air behind the BU goalie and going in, but somehow it didn't, and play continued. OT saw some good back-and-forth action and a few decent shots, but no score.

Have to agree with JTW that it was nothing like when the Red are in there. Yes, the place was pretty full, but it also surprisingly quiet, given that you had two local teams playing. There was one small block of vocal fans for each team, but no one ever got the whole arena going with any organized cheering. Totally unlike when we're in there. I guess it is our house after all.

Posted by: Mark (---.nas.vdot.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 12:38PM

Oh c'mon, Al, those unis aren't that bad. They're actually a retro look from the uniforms that BU wore in the late 1950s and early 1960s before Jack Kelley arrived. In a way they somewhat resemble those grotesque Cornell uniforms from the mid-1970s. ;-)

No question that Curry saved BU's bacon in the first period last night. Harvard's a much better team than I thought they would be with all the graduation losses. I guess it's safe to say the Big Red and Terriers are a bit on the goal-starved side right now.

Good luck against the Purple Eagles this weekend.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2005 12:39PM by Mark.

Date: November 23, 2005 12:55PM

[Q]Mark Wrote:

Oh c'mon, Al, those unis aren't that bad. They're actually a retro look from the uniforms that BU wore in the late 1950s and early 1960s before Jack Kelley arrived. In a way they somewhat resemble those grotesque Cornell uniforms from the mid-1970s.
[/q]
Enough horizontal stripes to make one dizzy. And, yes, about as ugly as those Cornell unis that you mentioned.

Posted by: RichH (---.chvlva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 23, 2005 01:15PM

[Q]Al DeFlorio Wrote:

BU appears to have rather grotesque new away unis. Or are theysome kind of retro look? Don't recall their looking like this even back to the 60s. 2-1 nearing end of 2nd.[/q]

Aren't those considered the "3rd" jerseys? Their website still has photos of the usual road jerseys that we're all used to...the ones made from the Red Wing blanks.

[www.bu.edu]

Also seen here in the 11/13/05 game @ UMass.
[umassathletics.collegesports.com]

Third jersey unveiling (with photo):
[www.uscho.com]

"The Terriers plan to unveil third jerseys, turning back the clock with exact replicas of the 1958 uniforms. Although the design is not radically different from the present-day uniforms, they have additional stripes and an old-fashioned look, apparently including striped leggings."

Oddly enough, the Ivysport Vintage CU jersey is said to be also from 1958.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 01:49PM

for those who haven't seen them in full here's the only pic i could find:
[www.bu.edu]

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 07:55PM

[Q]Killer Wrote:

I was there as well, sitting just to the left of the BU bench.[/q]

Did you bring Little Killer? I saw a kid wearing a Zephyr Cornell Hockey hat as I was picking up my tickets.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 23, 2005 08:00PM

[Q]Killer Wrote:
There was one small block of vocal fans for each team,[/q]

I was sitting in between them. :-D

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.co)
Date: November 26, 2005 11:42PM

[Q]jtwcornell91 Wrote:

Killer Wrote:

I was there as well, sitting just to the left of the BU bench.[/Q]
Did you bring Little Killer? I saw a kid wearing a Zephyr Cornell Hockey hat as I was picking up my tickets.[/q]

No. Little Killer couldn't get too excited about this one, so she opted out. I brought my neighbor and his two sons (10 and 12 - I have to get them to try to get tix for the Cornell game next year, so they can see what we do to that place). Ironically, I wound up sitting next to another Cornellian, probably a few years younger than me, and his two sons, one of whom was wearing a CU Hockey hat. I caught a few others in CU garb as well, including one of the guys checking tickets at the door, who had a Cornell shirt under his rink jacket, courtesy of a buddy of his.

Who knows? Might catch you there again sometime later in the season.

Killer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login