Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Who will come out when Carefoot comes back?

Posted by Dpperk29 
Who will come out when Carefoot comes back?
Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 11:54AM

Until last night, I was sure it would be kennedy... but now I am not sure. Maybe sitting Bitz down for a game would be a good idea, but I really don't know... anythoughts?

Re: Who will come out when Carefoot comes back?
Posted by: redhair34 (---.bflony.adelphia.net)
Date: November 27, 2005 12:05PM

It will be very interesting. Schafer isn't going to want to break up the freshman line, especially considering his postgame comments. I'm guessing a lot of who comes out is going to be decided in this week's practices--because I don't think it was decided on the ice this weekend.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:05PM

my guess is kindret.

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:29PM

[Q]Oat Wrote:

my guess is kindret.[/q]

I dunno. He had two goals this weekend, and I believe his line had a total of four. I question whether Schafer will mess with that kind of success.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:30PM

I think he should disperse the freshmen through the lineup. I think Barlow and Kindret will alternate games next weekend should Carefoot come back. Cornell's worst forwards this weekend were Moulson, Scott, and the Abbotts but I don't see any of them coming out of the lineup. I think it's time that Schafer totally shook up the lineup though.

Moulson-Kennedy-McCutcheon
Abbott-Abbott-Sawada
Barlow-Pegoraro-Carefoot
Kindret/Mugford-Bitz-Scott

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 01:54PM

IDK, those freshman seem to be clicking, why break up a good thing? I think Moulson-Pegs-McCutcheon could be an interesting mix...

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 02:08PM

If the freshmen keep producing, my guess is that Cam Abbott comes out. This of course assumes Carefoot is still playing well post-injury.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 27, 2005 02:13PM

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think I'd take Cam out for Friday if Carefoot is ready to go. I'd put him back in the lineup Saturday depending on how the freshman line made out.

Here's what I'd do with the lines for at least Friday assuming Carefoot returns to the lineup.

Moulson-Bitz-McCutcheon
Scott-Pegoraro-Carefoot
Mugford-Abbott-Sawada
Barlow-Kennedy-Kindret

If Coach doesn't bench Cam (my guess is he won't) and Kindret comes out.

Moulson-Bitz-McCutcheon
Scott-Pegoraro-Carefoot
Abbott-Abbott-Sawada
Barlow-Kennedy-Mugford

I'd really like to see how McCutcheon handles skating on the top line. There's no telling how he'll perform without giving him a shot. I also wouldn't be opposed to putting Sawada back on the top line again.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2005 03:00PM by redhair34.

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 03:46PM

Who sits should Carefoot come back?

I think it’d be interesting to see McCutcheon on the top line. Possibly with paired with Chris Abbott and Matty M. Despite sub-par production from Chris and Pegs, they are our best draw men so they have to stay. Topher has been a solid workhorse and should also stay in. His contributions are not limited to the box score (a la J. Downs). I think maybe putting Bitz and Sawada back together along with the spunky Mugford might spark them into action. They are looking very solid but are just having trouble getting things going. The B-K-K freshman line was producing versus a lesser opponent, so I’d give them at least a game or two together and see what happens. This leaves Cam as the odd man out. After this weekend I’d like to see Tyler get some time with some other physical players and sit Cam for a game or two. Assuming people are healthy, I’d like to see the following lines:

Moulson-Chris Abbott-McCutcheon/(Carefoot)
Mugford-Bitz-Sawada
Scott-Pegoraro-Carefoot/(McCutcheon)
Barlow-Kennedy-Kindret

Glover/Davenport-O’Byrne
Salmela-Gleed/Krantz
Seminoff-Pokulok

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2005 04:36PM by ben03.

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 04:41PM

[Q]bigred06 Wrote:

McCutheon-Bitz-Moulson would be an interesting combanation if McCuchron can play on the left side i know Bitz can play center (he has before). I think this line would have size, speed and a lot of talent. Also add the finishing ability of Moulson with the playmaking ability of McCutheon and Bitz should open up some ice this could be a very effective combination.[/q]

I said this on November,14th becuase the offense was struggling and needed a change. McCutcheon was successful in juniors as a goal scorer not a 3rd line grinder or a 4th liner. I was thinking putting him on a scoring line could spark something.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 27, 2005 04:45PM

[Q]bigred06 Wrote:

bigred06 Wrote:

McCutheon-Bitz-Moulson would be an interesting combanation if McCuchron can play on the left side i know Bitz can play center (he has before). I think this line would have size, speed and a lot of talent. Also add the finishing ability of Moulson with the playmaking ability of McCutheon and Bitz should open up some ice this could be a very effective combination.[/Q]
I said this on November,14th becuase the offense was struggling and needed a change. McCutcheon was successful in juniors as a goal scorer not a 3rd line grinder or a 4th liner. I was thinking putting him on a scoring line could spark something.[/q]

Why not just keep Moulson on the left?

Posted by: bigred06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 27, 2005 06:19PM

yeh my bad McCutcheon on the right Moulson on the left.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login