Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell @ Clarkson on TV

Posted by yip_eee 
Cornell @ Clarkson on TV
Posted by: yip_eee (128.253.210.---)
Date: December 05, 2002 09:29AM

[www.ecachockey.org]

Looks like the Clarkson game will be on tv. Hopefully it'll be shown in ithaca...

-Ian

Re: Cornell @ Clarkson on TV
Posted by: Robb (---)
Date: December 05, 2002 08:30PM

Clarkson gets a cable deal and we get CornellPass.... How will we ever compete? :-D

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: December 05, 2002 08:57PM

LOL!! laugh

Posted by: mha (---)
Date: December 05, 2002 09:09PM

That article says the games will be broadcast on "the cable station." I read the thing a few times and couldn't find anything more specific. "Greater Syracuse area" includes us, at least from Time Warner's perspective. Anyone know what channel they're talking about? Will we get it?

I was planning on going up to the north country for those games, but it's looking as though I'll be in California instead. (Anyone out there want to get together to listen to Sunday night's game?)

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: December 06, 2002 04:40PM

It appears from [www.clarkson.edu] that channel 77 in Ithaca/Tompkins County will carry the games.

I'll probably still drive up, since I won't be able to get the games on TV here in NYC.

Beeeej

Posted by: nshapiro (146.145.226.---)
Date: December 06, 2002 06:22PM

Would someone who speaks to Laura Stange see if she can get the satellite coordinates of the feed for the game. Feeds from Lynah have always been in the clear, and if this one is, then anyone in the northeast with a big dish should be able to listen.

If you don't have a big satellite dish, just walk in to your nearest cable head-end and ask them to point one of theirs to your feed.rolleyes

Seriously, If it is in the clear, then many sports bars will be able to get it for you.

Date: December 06, 2002 07:14PM

Ooh, maybe I won't have to drive up, then.

Beeeej

Posted by: jason (---)
Date: December 06, 2002 10:31PM

Hmmm, I wonder if there are enough of us in the NYC area that we could convince a sports bar in Manhattan to put the game on for us.

Date: December 06, 2002 11:15PM

The Riviera on 7th Ave. at W. 4th St. has told me many times that as long as I let them know in advance or show up relatively early, they'll put any sporting event on for me that I want, no matter how obscure. One friend and I watched Cornell vs. Hahvahd football there, despite much larger crowds wanting to watch other games (it's first come, first served).

Really, how tough could it be on a Sunday evening during the NFL post-season (i.e., no 8pm game) to get one TV out of thirty, especially if, say, we show up at 6:30 and start ordering beer and food? :-D

In fact I'll probably try to let the NY Metro Office people know so they can spread the word... ifwe find out the satellite feed is in the open.

Beeeej

Posted by: judy (---)
Date: December 06, 2002 11:20PM

and you make me wonder if there's enough people in the DC area to do this...

between cornell and clarkson fans, there should be enough of us to take over a bar...and it would make for an interesting evening!

Posted by: bigred apple (---)
Date: December 07, 2002 12:25AM

I'm in for an NYC gathering. I watched Jordan's double-nickel comeback game at Riviera. Not good times. :-(

Posted by: jeh25 (---)
Date: December 07, 2002 10:57AM

Micaela and I might be willing to take MetroNorth down to meet up with youse guys. Game is Sat and not Sunday, yes?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: December 07, 2002 01:13PM

Actually the Clarkson game is Sunday.

Date: December 10, 2002 09:54PM

The word came from Laura today that "there are no satellite options" for watching the game; only the Time-Warner cable stations already mentioned will carry it.

Beeeej

Date: December 10, 2002 11:11PM

They're getting it from somewhere. :-) Sounds as though we need to ask one of the cable providers. I'll give it a shot here.

Posted by: nyc94 (---)
Date: December 11, 2002 03:25PM

Do you know of an easy way to find out when games are going to be available in NYC? I was more than a little surprised to see the NCAA games on the Yankee channel (YES). Also, I went to the ESPN Zone to watch the Cornell-
Harvard ECAC Final which I believe was on Empire Sports Network. They were able to pick it up presumably off of some satellite. I had to stand next to the control booth behind the bar on the second floor and watch the game on a tiny monitor without sound - and suffer the agony of a double OT defeat but still. . . It was the best they could do because of college basketball was on just about every TV in the place.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: December 11, 2002 03:52PM

There's a listing of TV games at [pubpages.unh.edu]

As far as sports bars go, I've had good results with Damon's, which has these nifty little personal speakers so different people can listen to different games. Dunno if there's a branch in NYC, though.

I got a minidish so I wouldn't have to do the sports bar thing unless I'm travelling and not at the game.

Date: December 11, 2002 04:54PM

So how would the minidish help, John? Does this mean I can stop my search for a place in DC to try to catch this game if I have one? Or should I continue my hunt and call in any possible favors?

Date: December 11, 2002 05:47PM

DISH Network and DirecTV often have the regional sports channels that tend to carry these games. I actually added the multi-region Fox Sports package to my DISH Network lineup last fall early in the first game at BU, so I could watch both of those via Fox Sports New England.

If the game's on TV, but not on a channel you get, someone with a full-size ("real";) satellite dish can often pull in the game by tuning to the same satellite signal the TV stations are using to receive the game. For example, Time Warner Cable receives ECAC tourney games via satellite to put on cable for Ithaca subscribers.

Date: December 11, 2002 05:52PM

How big is full size? I have a mini dish on my balcony.
I guess I should start cozying up to someone with a full size dish now...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login