Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Freshman (Tony Romano)

Posted by dre1614 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Freshman (Tony Romano)
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2007 01:37PM

bandrews37
Tell me where in my post did I say last night he was stifled?

Learn to read....

bandrews37
As long as his creativity is stifled under Schafer's direction, he's not going to continue to develop.

I'm sorry, but after tonight's game, I'm starting to believe that what DILLIGAF is saying is true; Romano (among other players) won't be around next year.

Sorry as well, but I guess when you post at 2 AM after a game and you mention that game, I assume your post refers to that game.

If I was wrong I'm sorry.

Now I could put in the seemingly obligatory inflammatory comment, but I'll supress it.cry

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2007 02:03PM

I liked when Romano had the puck at the Q blueline with a possible 3-on-2 and 5 seconds later, he was behind the Cornell net. Surprisingly, he couldn't get the puck out of the zone and Quinnipiac ended up with some sustained pressure as a result.

Posted by: plrd78 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2007 05:57PM

Ari, yes he should of dumped the puck, but did you see his teamates watch him instead of get into some position to support him. Someone has to move to open ice. Watch the game on the net, I am not sticking up for him but this game requires 5 players moving and communicating, but on the blue line in a zero zero game, dump and chase is safe....

Also, anyone who is wondering about the CHL, I spoke to his Father last evening at the game. He did read many of these threads, he laughed and his comments were none to express on the site. He did say he would love to meet a few of the brain trusts who no nothing about his son or Hockey for that matter. Book smart and street smart are night and day. He also asked that please respect his son's name plus the other playes and Coaching staff and stop all the non sense comments. If you have nothing good to say why put someone down... makes sense! They should all find something else to talk about. He also noted that he will never go onto this site again, but he understands the love all the Cornell fans have for this program and great school. He respects the fact the each person is entitled to their own opinion. He felt that some of the comments made are only made by people who wish they could play this game. Monday morning Quaterbacks with their statements are better left with their opinions to themselves. He said the Coaching staff and players do a hell of a job...All should respect this plus its only a game....Also, regarding the comments of going to the CHL, the Devils love him at this School and believe in not only creating great players but smart students make better Hockey players. He said Hockey is like no other sport it is Chess on ice, I liked this statement.

He made a point is saying that Coach Schafer, The NJ DEvils and himself have a better idea of Tonys future the the opinions of this site....

This is how much the Devils think of him. This info. is from the Devils via the 'HF' web site

NJ Devils top 20 NHL prospect list...

Acquired: 6th round, 178th overall, 2006 NHL Draft

The Devils have had great freshman seasons from many of their prospects, but Romano, the former Atlantic Junior Hockey League star gets the top billing. Romano was the leading freshman scorer for the Cornell Big Red, and finished tied for fourth in team scoring with 19 points. His nine goals were also tied for second best on the team. Some were unsure if Romano would be able to carry over his excellent play from the lesser-known AJHL to the NCAA ranks, but he proved this season that he was definitely game.

Romano possesses a fantastic set of offensive tools. Though only standing at 5’11, Romano bulked has up 15 lbs to 185, showing a commitment to get stronger. As a more diminutive player, there will always be knocks on Romano’s strength, but his superb skating skills and willingness to go to the high traffic areas will more than help offset that perceived weakness. Romano went from not being ranked at the beginning of this season, to almost making it into the Top 10 by mid-season. The Devils have to be thrilled at how quickly and easily Romano adjusted to the step up in competition and the best part about his rapid development is that he is only 19 and still has three years of college eligibility remaining. He is only going to get better.
One more thing, Ari he also likes your write ups and honesty, but these are NCAA Hockey players not paid professionals, go easy....

Anyway LGR
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2007 12:13AM by plrd78.

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 11, 2007 08:24AM

Thank you for making a great post. I Thank Tony's dad for his wise comments. And I thank Tony for an enjoyable and fun season along with all of his Big RED teammates. For this one Lynah fan he helped make the year better than I had hoped at the start of the season.

Yes he has things to learn but he made huge strides over the season and worked extremely hard - - I am excited about continuing to be a fan of his over the next several years!!

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login