Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

game-worn question

Posted by sah67 
game-worn question
Posted by: sah67 (---.eeb.cornell.edu)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:23PM

I just picked up another game-worn jersey from Bill Reynolds a few days ago, Red #26, assuming it was Topher's.

It is a men's CCM jersey (size 56), but the CCM logo is on the left shoulder, which according to this post means it came from the 03-04 season. However, Topher was not yet at Cornell, and according to the rosters, there was no #26 that year. So whose jersey is this? It obviously belonged to someone since there are puck-marks, but I can't make out the imprint of the removed nameplate very well (which I fortunately could on my Carefoot jersey)...any thoughts?

Re: game-worn question
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:34PM

I'm gonna guess Scott Krahn: [db.elynah.com]

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:39PM

I think Chris is right. It could be Krahn's 2002-03 jersey, but if he never dressed for a single game that season, then the presence of the marks is strange. I guess it could be a 2001-02 jersey, but I don't know how it would differ from 2002-03 and 2003-04, if it differs at all.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:51PM

I think in 04-05 the new red jerseys didn't come in until later in the season, and the team wore the previous year's red jerseys for a while. So, in the Fall of 04 Topher could have been wearing Krahn's jersey from the previous year.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2007 03:55PM by Pete Godenschwager.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 04:04PM

sah67
I just picked up another game-worn jersey from Bill Reynolds a few days ago, Red #26, assuming it was Topher's.

It is a men's CCM jersey (size 56), but the CCM logo is on the left shoulder, which according to this post means it came from the 03-04 season. However, Topher was not yet at Cornell, and according to the rosters, there was no #26 that year. So whose jersey is this? It obviously belonged to someone since there are puck-marks, but I can't make out the imprint of the removed nameplate very well (which I fortunately could on my Carefoot jersey)...any thoughts?

Well, Rich is right, since here's Topher's red jersey from his freshman year, 2004-05, with the CCM squarely in the middle of the chest. No idea who had 26 the year before.

You know, it must be some sort of optical illusion that Topher looks so small when he's on the ice. Little Killer tells me she's 5'9".

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 04:47PM

Pretty sure Topher's about my height, and I'm 5'5. Meet the Big Red confirms this and says he's 5'6. Looks like it's the stadium seating in that pic?

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 27, 2007 04:56PM

las224
Looks like it's the stadium seating in that pic?
I'm pretty sure that (a) Killer was joking and (b) Killer took the picture.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 04:56PM

Killer
You know, it must be some sort of optical illusion that Topher looks so small when he's on the ice. Little Killer tells me she's 5'9".
I think he's standing one step higher than she is.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 05:08PM

ugarte
las224
Looks like it's the stadium seating in that pic?
I'm pretty sure that (a) Killer was joking and (b) Killer took the picture.

Indeed, (a) I was and (b) I did. It was at Lynah after the 3-1 victory over Dartmouth last February. Topher had just signed the jersey for Somers and he was standing one row above her when I took the shot. When they were on the same level, it was damn near reversed.

Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 06:12PM

How do you get game worn jerseys? I wish i had one.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 07:20PM

mhand06
How do you get game worn jerseys? I wish i had one.

Check FAQ

Posted by: redheadfanatic (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 07:25PM

The only thing about the FAQ is that the jersey's are $125 from the Teagle Issue room, not $100

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 07:34PM

redheadfanatic
The only thing about the FAQ is that the jersey's are $125 from the Teagle Issue room, not $100

Hey, Bill's gotta eat too!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 10:38PM

I won't say anything, Killer. ;-)

Thanks again for the Dartmouth tickets. It was fun even if the game itself wasn't so great.

Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2007 07:04PM

thanks for the help

Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2007 10:32AM

What time of year are they generally available? The FAQ doesn't mention it, I always thought it was at the beginning of the season, around Red/White, but there have been a few posts lately about purchases made now.

If I can go the next time I'm in Ithaca, that would be good news.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 01, 2007 10:51AM

Winnabago
What time of year are they generally available? The FAQ doesn't mention it, I always thought it was at the beginning of the season, around Red/White, but there have been a few posts lately about purchases made now.

Generally, they become available once the new jerseys arrive, and thus the old jerseys are no longer needed. Unfortunately, when the new jerseys arrive in any given year is anyone's guess. Ideally, it should probably be before the season begins, but at least in recent years (perhaps beyond that?), the team has been forced to use the old jerseys for the first few games of the new season. Additionally, I think the players (and their mothers) get first crack at the jerseys when they become available.

Remember, the game-worn jerseys do NOT come with the nameplates, so make sure you know which numbered uniform(s) you're looking for before checking out the selection.

Posted by: Giffy (132.236.105.---)
Date: March 01, 2007 11:11AM

Will
Winnabago

Generally, they become available once the new jerseys arrive, and thus the old jerseys are no longer needed. Unfortunately, when the new jerseys arrive in any given year is anyone's guess. Ideally, it should probably be before the season begins, but at least in recent years (perhaps beyond that?), the team has been forced to use the old jerseys for the first few games of the new season. Additionally, I think the players (and their mothers) get first crack at the jerseys when they become available.

Remember, the game-worn jerseys do NOT come with the nameplates, so make sure you know which numbered uniform(s) you're looking for before checking out the selection.

It doesn't even completely depend on when the new jerseys come. This year for example, the new jerseys were here and were used for the red/white game. Yet the old jerseys weren't for sale until December.

Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 01, 2007 11:34AM

Will
Winnabago

Thanks. I'm not so concerned about getting a certain player's sweater (or even that it was worn in a game), I just like the cut and quality of the game worns better than anything available online. So, with all this in mind, perhaps there will be an opportunity for me to swing by soon.

I had always heard that they sold out immediately, but I now have hope!

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: March 01, 2007 03:45PM

Winnabago

This year I believe they were around for at least a week or two. Bill sent out an email (presumably to people who had emailed him asking about it) telling us when they went on sale, but I can't vouch for whether he's done that in years past, or whether he will in years to come.

Posted by: sah67 (128.253.207.---)
Date: March 01, 2007 03:57PM

Winnabago

As of yesterday (2/28/07), there are about 20 jerseys left in red and white (about 50/50 for each color). But these are from assorted years dating back to 03-04 and possibly before. There are no red jerseys left from 05-06, but there might be some in white...check with Bill via Email to be sure beforehand. Some are also not game-used, as the numbers were created but not used by any players...check for puck-marks and the imprint of the old nameplate (which is usually fairly visible).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login