Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Eating @ Dartmouth

Posted by Jim Hyla 
Eating @ Dartmouth
Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 04:52PM

I don't think I've ever had enough time to eat before the game. Anybody have suggestions for someplace within walking distance and easy parking?

Re: Eating @ Dartmouth
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (129.2.170.---)
Date: February 21, 2007 05:08PM

Do NOT eat at EBA (Everything But Anchovies). Slowest service EVER.

Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: February 21, 2007 05:36PM

Molly's, just off campus near Dartmouth Coop, great tavern food.

Hanover Inn - bring Money.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 06:18PM

Ben Rocky 04
Do NOT eat at EBA (Everything But Anchovies). Slowest service EVER.
The pizza there is good if you've got loads of time, but Ben's caveat is absolutely right. Compare it to the Nines, perhaps.

Posted by: mha (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 08:47PM

I would have had trouble coming up with the name of Everything But Anchovies if you asked, but that's where we had a great pre-game dinner a year and a half ago, last time we were in Hanover. I thought it was great, and I don't remember there being a major problem getting in and out. But, as with the Nines, we made sure to get there early!

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 10:06PM

mha
I would have had trouble coming up with the name of Everything But Anchovies if you asked, but that's where we had a great pre-game dinner a year and a half ago, last time we were in Hanover. I thought it was great, and I don't remember there being a major problem getting in and out. But, as with the Nines, we made sure to get there early!

As with most restaurants, party size probably makes a big difference. I seem to recall our group being somewhat smaller than Ben's. We were also there earlier, probably before the real dinner rush began.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:38PM

Will
As with most restaurants, party size probably makes a big difference. I seem to recall our group being somewhat smaller than Ben's. We were also there earlier, probably before the real dinner rush began.

I was in Ben's group. The only reason we got seated at all was because they thought we were a different group of 9(ish). We ended up getting takeout boxes and checks with our meals, then making a mad dash for the rink. (More pizza and less other would probably have made our service quicker, but I still wouldn't go back there with limited time.)

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:50PM

Jim and others,

There's a gathering of Cornellians at an alums house which is right behind the rink on a residential street in Hanover. There will be a light dinner served and you can park right in their huge driveway and it's a 5-minute walk to the front door of the rink. Here's the info:

INFORMATION REGARDING PRE-GAME GET-TOGETHER TO BE HELD FEBRUARY 23, 2007 PRIOR TO THE CORNELL- DARTMOUTH HOCKEY GAME

DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2007
TIME: BEGINNING at 5:00 p.m.
LOCATION: 6 CHASE ROAD, HANOVER, NH, HOME OF JOE & ROBIN PYCH

DIRECTIONS:
From I-91: Exit 13 and go towards Hanover At 3rd light, take right onto South Park Street 1st left onto Valley Road 3rd right onto Chase Road
We are yellow ranch on the left #6

From I-89: Exit 18 and go towards Hanover Travel on Rte 120 for 4.5 miles (bearing right at fork at Mobil gas station) Right onto Valley Road 3rd right onto Chase Road We are yellow ranch on the left #6

If you get lost... Call the Pych’s at (603) 643-1294 and they will help you!

PARKING:
There is no parking on Chase road. You are guaranteed to get a parking ticket if you park on Chase Road on a hockey night. Instead, your best choice is to park on Valley road at the intersection with Chase. You are also welcome to park in the Pych’s driveway, but you may get blocked in!

Please RSVP as soon as possible with the number of people in your group attending to Nancy Tierney at 448-4722 ( messages left on voicemail are fine) or at nstierney4@aol.com.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2007 01:46AM

Tom Pasniewski 98
There's a gathering of Cornellians at an alums house which is right behind the rink on a residential street in Hanover. There will be a light dinner served and you can park right in their huge driveway and it's a 5-minute walk to the front door of the rink. Here's the info:

I doubt their huge driveway can fit several dozen cars. As someone who attended this event last year as a guest of a CCNH member, it was a nice event. That said, I'm not sure Joe & Robin would be ready for the entire CU contingent to descend upon their house, especially since they have young children.

I don't think this invite was meant to be posted on the internet as a "come one, come all" event, Tom. But if you did clear it with them before posting it here, then fine.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2007 01:47AM by RichH.

Posted by: RedintheGreen (---.KishHeaterRoad.nhvt.cust.seg.NET)
Date: February 22, 2007 01:59AM

A few places to eat....

Murphy's on the green: Right on main street across from hanover inn...decent pub fare and $2 PBR's.
Canoe Club: Further down main street. Pricey but usually good dining. The also have $2 PBR on tap.
Molly's: At the intersection of Main and Lebanon Street. Better selection than Murphy's and $2 margaritas served all day.
Ramunto's Pizza: They moved to a new location on the corner of South Street and Currier Place. Their pizza is much better than EBA's and the Hanover parking garage opposite the building with 1st half hour of parking free.

If you are looking for something really fast there is a Subway on Lebanon street and a Burrito joint (Bolocos) on main street between canoe club and molly's.

Hope I could help. Cheers!

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 22, 2007 02:17AM

RedintheGreen
A few places to eat....

Murphy's on the green: Right on main street across from hanover inn...decent pub fare and $2 PBR's.
Canoe Club: Further down main street. Pricey but usually good dining. The also have $2 PBR on tap.
Molly's: At the intersection of Main and Lebanon Street. Better selection than Murphy's and $2 margaritas served all day.
Ramunto's Pizza: They moved to a new location on the corner of South Street and Currier Place. Their pizza is much better than EBA's and the Hanover parking garage opposite the building with 1st half hour of parking free.

If you are looking for something really fast there is a Subway on Lebanon street and a Burrito joint (Bolocos) on main street between canoe club and molly's.

Hope I could help. Cheers!

Thanks! Though I have to say I'd be a little worried about drinking a $2 margarita.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2007 02:40AM

redhair34
Thanks! Though I have to say I'd be a little worried about drinking a $2 margarita.

Is it giant and blue?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2007 08:19AM

redhair34

Not after the first few, you wouldn't.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 22, 2007 09:58AM

Beeeej
redhair34

Not after the first few, you wouldn't.
:-D

Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 22, 2007 03:41PM

Not in walking distance, but I've been told that Margaritas in Lebanon has great Mexican food and margaritas. It's a small, family-owned chain, and a friend of mine worked at the one in Exeter... and came out still loving the food and the owners. (That's a neat trick.)

So, thinking about trying that tomorrow if time allows. Murphy's also looked good last time, and I'm glad to hear it's decent.

Posted by: WillR (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 22, 2007 04:51PM

Also good filling eats if you are after a diner is the Truck Stop in Lebanon. It's about 5-8 min south of town. I think it is open late. At the very least it is a great way to start off the day after a long night.

Posted by: RedintheGreen (129.170.162.---)
Date: February 22, 2007 05:10PM

WillR
Also good filling eats if you are after a diner is the Truck Stop in Lebanon. It's about 5-8 min south of town. I think it is open late. At the very least it is a great way to start off the day after a long night.

Truck stop is good, GREASY, and fairly cheap compared to other things in Hanover. I prefer Gusanoz in Lebanon for Mexican food. It's a little cheaper than Margaritas and I think it tastes a little bit more authentic. However, I think the portions are bigger at Margaritas and they their namesake drinks are very good but definitely more than $2.

On a side note, I think Friday at Thompson is white out night and I think the first 1,000 that show up get free towels or something.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: February 22, 2007 05:13PM

RedintheGreen
On a side note, I think Friday at Thompson is white out night and I think the first 1,000 that show up get free towels or something.

That'll go right with my Union towel and the RPI lamestix.

Why is it when Cornell comes to town, our opponents like to shower/bribe their own fans with gifts? whistle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login