Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Alumni in the Pros - February 2007

Posted by Rita 
Posted by: Rita (---.wave.hicv.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 12:25AM

Hey, it is groundhog day, thus definitely February. What did Punxsutawney Phil have to say about the arrival of spring?

Obligatory hockey content: the Hurricanes got to meet President Bush today.
[www.nhl.com]

Edit: Here is some better hockey content; as speculated in the other thread, Bâby will be assigned to Springfield according to the Tampa Bay press release.
[www.tampabaylightning.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 12:35AM by Rita.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - February 2007
Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:48AM

Jonny Gleed has been called up to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL... still under Montreal for NHL affiliation, but he's moved up.

[www.intotheboards.net]

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 08:41AM

From the Thursday Dallas Stars game:

Douglas Murray single handedly got the crowd into the game three minutes into the second period with his inspired bout with Dallas goon Krys Barch. Dallas forward Eric Lindros (six-foot-four, 245-pounds) took a run at Murray (six-foot-three, 240-pounds) and clipped him with a dangerous knee-to-knee hit. Murray, who lost his balance on the collision, inadvertently hit Lindros with a high-stick in the process. Lindros flailed to the ice before flying in at Murray with a cheap shot cross-check aimed at Murray’s head. Lindros then stepped aside and let Barch take his fight, an instigator penalty and a beating at the hands of the noticeably stronger Murray.

The result of the mess was a power play for San Jose, but the Sharks were unable to convert. Instead it was Dallas that would strike while Murray and Barch were serving their fighting majors. The goal would eventually hold up to be the game winner.

“I don’t know what the explanation is, but this can’t go on,” said Murray

I could not find a video clip of the fight.

Posted by: BigRedBrouhaha (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 11:14AM

Here's the fight on YOUTUBE and Wow Lindros is an ass.

Posted by: mgl11 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 11:15AM

enjoy...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2007 11:36AM

Brian
Douglas Murray single handedly got the crowd into the game three minutes into the second period with his inspired bout with Dallas goon Krys Barch. Dallas forward Eric Lindros (six-foot-four, 245-pounds) took a run at Murray (six-foot-three, 240-pounds) and clipped him with a dangerous knee-to-knee hit. Murray, who lost his balance on the collision, inadvertently hit Lindros with a high-stick in the process. Lindros flailed to the ice before flying in at Murray with a cheap shot cross-check aimed at Murray’s head. Lindros then stepped aside and let Barch take his fight, an instigator penalty and a beating at the hands of the noticeably stronger Murray.

Somewhat to my surprise, this seemingly one-sided description of events looks more or less accurate based on the video. The only thing it doesn't mention is that Lindros had his back turned to Murray when Murray's stick clipped him in the back of the head, so he probably assumed Murray was deliberately whacking him in retaliation for the hit. But how ridiculous is fighting in the NHL if Lindros cross-checks Murray to start a fight and then steps out of the way and lets his goon fight for him?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 11:38AM

BigRedBrouhaha
Here's the fight on YOUTUBE and Wow Lindros is an ass.

I'd like to think he learned some of that during double-secret practices at Cornell.

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:28PM

HUGE hit by Doug:

Reel of big Sharks hits, Doug's got one or two in there:

i miss those days when teams would play cornell fearing the big guys. nice to see doug making an impact!

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:43PM

Maybe the reason Lindros didn't fight was because he didn't like the fight that drafted him, and wanted to fight for a better fight. asshole

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:49PM

jtwcornell91
Somewhat to my surprise, this seemingly one-sided description of events looks more or less accurate based on the video. The only thing it doesn't mention is that Lindros had his back turned to Murray when Murray's stick clipped him in the back of the head, so he probably assumed Murray was deliberately whacking him in retaliation for the hit. But how ridiculous is fighting in the NHL if Lindros cross-checks Murray to start a fight and then steps out of the way and lets his goon fight for him?

The applicable term would be "mercenary" or "Shabbos goy." Not that I envision either one rolling off the tongue of Don Cherry.

Date: February 03, 2007 04:24PM

Doug Murray not in the line-up for the game this morning (afternoon) against Chicago. I briefly looked through the SJ website, but could not find any mention as to why Doug is a scratch.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 03, 2007 04:27PM

Rita
Doug Murray not in the line-up for the game this morning (afternoon) against Chicago. I briefly looked through the SJ website, but could not find any mention as to why Doug is a scratch.

I'm pretty sure he was scratched because of a very bad decision that lead to the Stars' 4th goal the other night. When McLaren comes back he probably won't see much playing time--unless they start playing 7D again.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 07:40PM

billhoward
The applicable term would be "mercenary" or "Shabbos goy."

Wait, the game was Thursday night. wtf

Date: February 03, 2007 07:45PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

The Sharks played Dallas in San Jose both on Tuesday 1/30 and Thursday 2/1, and lost both games. Thursday was the Doug Murray-Eric Lindros incident.

Today the Sharks hosted the Chicago Blackhawks (and won 4-2?) in a matinee (CA time) or late morning tangle on HST :).

Aloha.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: February 03, 2007 08:19PM

DougLAS Murray.

It is official now. The Sharks will list him as such. He always prefered it and his mom prefers it too (according to an article in the SJ Mercury News).

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 08:26PM

redhair34
Rita

I'm pretty sure he was scratched because of a very bad decision that lead to the Stars' 4th goal the other night. When McLaren comes back he probably won't see much playing time--unless they start playing 7D again.

It was a bad decision...but can you really blame him for trying to take a run at Lindros? Just didn't work out since another shark had the same idea, and whammo, it's a shark sandwich and Lindros escapes unscathed. I hate you so much, Lindros.

Date: February 03, 2007 08:40PM

Rita
Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

The Sharks played Dallas in San Jose both on Tuesday 1/30 and Thursday 2/1, and lost both games. Thursday was the Doug Murray-Eric Lindros incident.

Today the Sharks hosted the Chicago Blackhawks (and won 4-2?) in a matinee (CA time) or late morning tangle on HST :).

Aloha.

Rita, the thursday night comment was a joke about it not being Shabbos. Admittedly a pretty weak one...

Date: February 03, 2007 08:51PM

Just saw on the Flyers game that Tampa Bay picked up the rights to Bâby.

Baby stories
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 10:21PM

Trade announcement from Springfield
[www.falconsahl.com]
Arrives and plays in first game
[www.falconsahl.com]

Date: February 03, 2007 10:42PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita
Jeff Hopkins '82
billhoward

The Sharks played Dallas in San Jose both on Tuesday 1/30 and Thursday 2/1, and lost both games. Thursday was the Douglas Murray-Eric Lindros incident.

Aloha.

Rita, the thursday night comment was a joke about it not being Shabbos.
Admittedly a pretty weak one...

Now I know that Jewish Sabbath = Shabbos, and a "goy" is someone who will work on the sabbath and/or fight Eric Lindros's battles.

I hope these little tidbits come in handy next time I get stuck on crossword puzzle clues that relate to Jewish culture :).

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2007 10:46PM

Rita
Now I know that Jewish Sabbath = Shabbos, and a "goy" is someone who will work on the sabbath and/or fight Eric Lindros's battles.

Just to save you some crossword puzzle confusion, "goy" is a derisive term for a non-Jew. It's the entire phrase "Shabbos goy" that represents the non-Jew who helps a Jew by performing tasks the Jew cannot on the Sabbath.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: February 07, 2007 11:16PM

jtwcornell91
Lindros is one concussion away from being a vegetable. He can't fight anymore. It was actually pretty brave of Barch to step in and fight Doug(las) so that Lindros doesn't end up in a coma.

By the way, Doug(las) gets great style points in my book. I love how unsnaps his chin strap and tosses his helmet aside. That's a manly move that all too many fighters bypass in the heat of the moment.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 07, 2007 11:19PM

RatushnyFan
jtwcornell91
Lindros is one concussion away from being a vegetable. He can't fight anymore. It was actually pretty brave of Barch to step in and fight Doug(las) so that Lindros doesn't end up in a coma.

By the way, Doug(las) gets great style points in my book. I love how unsnaps his chin strap and tosses his helmet aside. That's a manly move that all too many fighters bypass in the heat of the moment.

Didn't he take it off when he thought he was going to fight Lindros? :-)

Date: February 08, 2007 01:43AM

nyc94
RatushnyFan
jtwcornell91

Didn't he take it off when he thought he was going to fight Lindros? :-)

Douglas was out of the line up for the next several games following the Lindros incident, but got to play tonight in a 3-2 win over the Ducks. Murray was even, no goals, no assists but 1 hit according the the super stat sheet on nhl.com.

Posted by: profudge (---.ct.us.ibm.com)
Date: February 08, 2007 10:12AM

Ryan V. Scored the game winner last night and had an assist:
Binghamton Press and Sun Bulletin
... B-Sens finally solved the Rochester Americans, rallying for a 4-2 victory and extending their winning streak to a season-high three games.
... Ryan Vesce and Jeff Heerema each added a goal and an assist in the third, and goalie Kelly Guard stopped 39 of 41 shots.
... "We're starting to play really well," said Vesce, whose goal at the 17:01 mark proved to be the game-winner. "We're starting to learn how to defend some leads, and go after it at the end of the game. So we've got a long way to go, but it's a good feeling right here today."

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.chem.cornell.edu)
Date: February 08, 2007 11:35AM

RatushnyFan
jtwcornell91

Does Doug still wear a half-shield? I think there's an additional penalty if you fight while wearing a shield. Regardless, it does look cool to toss off the helmet before rumbling .

Posted by: kaaren (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 10, 2007 09:05PM

Pokulok was cleared to play yesterday and was sent down to the ECHL South Carolina Stingrays from Hershey for rehab, flying into Charlotte (an away game against the Charlotte Checkers) an hour and a half before game time. He was +1 with an assist in a 3-2 loss.

Today,at a home game in Charleston, he had a goal and an assist against the Daytona Bombers and was named the first star of the game in a 3-2 victory. WTG Sasha!

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 12, 2007 12:01AM

kaaren
Pokulok was cleared to play yesterday and was sent down to the ECHL South Carolina Stingrays from Hershey for rehab, flying into Charlotte (an away game against the Charlotte Checkers) an hour and a half before game time. He was +1 with an assist in a 3-2 loss.

Today,at a home game in Charleston, he had a goal and an assist against the Daytona Bombers and was named the first star of the game in a 3-2 victory. WTG Sasha!
There's a posting on the WashCaps message boards that says that Pokulok could be in SC for the rest of the season... I wouldn't be surprised to see an extended stay in SC.. to get his legs under him and get some confidence again and assuming he looks good, they'll call him up to Hershey for their AHL playoff run. I don't expect Hershey to try to defend their Calder Cup with defensive supplements from SC and would expect a couple guys (Schultz, and Nycholat if he can clear waivers) sent back down from the Caps also to bolster the D corps, once they get healthy up there.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 12, 2007 02:13PM

Wherever he winds up doing it, it'd be great to see Sasha get back to being completely healthy.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2007 04:17PM

Phoenix RoadRunners (ECHL) aquire F Greg Hornby from the Victoria Salmon Kings

[www.phxroadrunners.com]

Date: February 18, 2007 06:09PM

Murray logged over 18 minutes of ice time this afternoon as the Stars beat the Sharks 5-2. I can't remember him seeing that much time all season. Perhaps they are showcasing him for a trade?

Leneveu Article
Date: February 19, 2007 12:40PM

[www.cbc.ca]

Re: Leneveu Article
Posted by: cth95 (---.hsd1.vt.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2007 04:55AM

Good to here. Just yesterday I was wondering how David was doing.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 07:23PM

Sharks vs. the Capitals on TSN (and NHL center ice). Halfway through the first 1-0 Caps, and Murray already a -1. :-/

Date: February 21, 2007 07:25PM

Rita
and Murray already a -1. :-/

Was he at all responsible?

Date: February 21, 2007 08:12PM

redhair34
Rita
and Murray already a -1. :-/

Was he at all responsible?

He made a hit at center ice, along the boards, but the puck went into the SJ zone, and the Sharks were slow at covering and gave the Caps too much space. Douglas did get a "+" on the Sharks goal later in the period, thus now even.

2-1 Caps, 7 minutes into the 2nd.

Posted by: Roy 82 (192.5.67.---)
Date: February 21, 2007 08:37PM

The Sharks announcers were just discussing Walker vs. Cheel but I didn't catch the context. I assume that there is a Clarkson alum on the Caps but a quick look at the roster didn't enlighten me.

Date: February 21, 2007 09:03PM

Murray draws a penalty, Matt Carle ties it up on the PP. 2-2 14 min left in the 3rd.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 21, 2007 09:06PM

Roy 82
The Sharks announcers were just discussing Walker vs. Cheel but I didn't catch the context. I assume that there is a Clarkson alum on the Caps but a quick look at the roster didn't enlighten me.
Chris Clark (Clarkson '98).

Date: February 21, 2007 10:55PM

I was at the game... I did not notice Murray all that much (which for a D-man, I usually consider a good thing)... i thought he maybe got 10-12 minutes.. but checking the scoresheet I see he had 18! he kept it simple getting rid of the pucks and was engaging Caps in front of the net. Doesn't have the speed to keep up at times, but seemed to make up for it with good positioning. Also wasn't getting knocked off the puck... I had forgotten how big McLaren is... Murray definitely looked better than the Caps rookie D-man (Schultz - who looked tentative at times).

Besides Clark, Craig Laughlin who is one of the Caps announcers also went to Clarkson and mentions it at least every other broadcast.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 21, 2007 11:11PM

Josh '99
Roy 82
Chris Clark (Clarkson '98).

Clark is the Caps captain and with 24 (?) goals, has established a career high I believe.

Lenny in Rochester, NY on 2/21/07
Posted by: redice (---.usadatanet.net)
Date: February 22, 2007 07:54AM

Lenney posted a 2-0, 26-save shutout over the Rochester Amerks last night. And, I didn't realize he would be playing in NY until just before game time. So, I missed it. :-( GO LENNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snippets from the Amerks' website:
Amerks goalie Adam Dennis: "Their goalie played really well,”.....
Amerks coach Randy Cunneyworth: “I think for two games now, we’ve been beaten by a good goalie,”

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: February 22, 2007 02:34PM

redGrinch
I was at the game... I did not notice Murray all that much (which for a D-man, I usually consider a good thing)... i thought he maybe got 10-12 minutes.. but checking the scoresheet I see he had 18! he kept it simple getting rid of the pucks and was engaging Caps in front of the net. Doesn't have the speed to keep up at times, but seemed to make up for it with good positioning. Also wasn't getting knocked off the puck... I had forgotten how big McLaren is... Murray definitely looked better than the Caps rookie D-man (Schultz - who looked tentative at times).

Besides Clark, Craig Laughlin who is one of the Caps announcers also went to Clarkson and mentions it at least every other broadcast.

I am surprised that you didn't notice Murray more. The Sharks radio announcers were marveling over how strong he is. They said that one of his hits actually knocked Clark out of the game. They then claimed that the speedy Ovechkin took a full speed run at Murray and, rather than knocking him down, Ovechkin actually ended up bouncing off and falling on the ice himself. (I suppose that he should have gotten a standing ovechkin for that:))

On the other hand, like you say, maybe it is a good thing not to be noticed too much. I would hate to think of Murray getting a reputation as a goon (somehow I feel compelled to insert an obligatory Clarkson joke here).

Posted by: cmoberg (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: February 23, 2007 11:38AM

There is a picture of Murray putting a hit on the Blackhawks Brian Smolinski in the San Francisco Chronicle (Friday, Feb 23)

Picture can be found at [sfgate.com]
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2007 12:23PM by cmoberg.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 23, 2007 02:05PM

cmoberg
There is a picture of Murray putting a hit on the Blackhawks Brian Smolinski in the San Francisco Chronicle (Friday, Feb 23)

Picture can be found at [sfgate.com]

Apparently the sfgate did not get the memo about Douglas Murray. Last night I did notice that the announcers were using Douglas and not Doug.

I'm hoping to see Murray when the Sharks return to Chicago on 3/21/07.

Date: February 23, 2007 10:34PM

Roy 82
redGrinch

I am surprised that you didn't notice Murray more. The Sharks radio announcers were marveling over how strong he is. They said that one of his hits actually knocked Clark out of the game. They then claimed that the speedy Ovechkin took a full speed run at Murray and, rather than knocking him down, Ovechkin actually ended up bouncing off and falling on the ice himself. (I suppose that he should have gotten a standing ovechkin for that:))

On the other hand, like you say, maybe it is a good thing not to be noticed too much. I would hate to think of Murray getting a reputation as a goon (somehow I feel compelled to insert an obligatory Clarkson joke here).
I definitely did notice Murray when Ovechkin bounced off him. I don't remember the Clark hit... but now Clark is reportedly out 7-10 days.

Re: Doug Murray has issues
Date: February 25, 2007 08:01PM

At least according to Joe Thornton. In this week's ESPN The Magazine there is an article entitled "8 things you should know about the Sharks" by Joe Thornton.

"Doug Murray has issues. he's the worst snorer and also the worst driver. Always in a hurry. Not the good kind, where you get there on time; the bad kind, where your're afraid for your life."

Other things you should know:
Scott Hannan is the team heartthrob, Patrick Marleau is always picking up the tab, Scott Parker is the best fighter and Josh Gorges is the most sensitive and his favorite movie is "The Notebook".

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2007 09:05PM

Sharks have acquired Craig Rivet (for Josh Georges) which could push Murray out of the top six. Hannan, McLaren, Ehrhoff, Rivet, Vlasic, Carle, Murray, Davison.

Date: February 25, 2007 09:41PM

calgARI '07
Sharks have acquired Craig Rivet (for Josh Georges) which could push Murray out of the top six. Hannan, McLaren, Ehrhoff, Rivet, Vlasic, Carle, Murray, Davison.

Murray (and the other Sharks) didn't have a very good game last night. He got beat on some rushes, the commentators mentioned his lack of speed. Murray was on the ice at the end of the 2nd and the start of the 3rd when Calgary scored, and he didn't play for the rest of the 3rd period.

Date: February 25, 2007 09:57PM

Rita

Murray (and the other Sharks) didn't have a very good game last night.

Yeah, to my pleasure. At least the Calgary won. San Jose needed more experience on the backend and they got it. Still, terrible deal for them giving up a young defenseman and a 1st rounder for a guy who has been a healthy scratch multiple times in the last month. Rivet is a UFA this summer so he will likely be gone then. Go Flames.

Posted by: Ronald '09 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 02:27PM

Mike Wall was traded from Anaheim to Colorado for Brad May. How does this impact McKee? Does this mean he's now third in the organizational depth chart?

Date: February 27, 2007 02:37PM

Harvard products Noah Welch and Dominic Moore have both been moved today.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:19PM

I like the wording on NHL.com
[Q]The Moore trade completes the purge of Harvard players from the Penguins' lineup. Earlier Tuesday, the Penguins acquired left wing Gary Roberts from the Florida Panthers in exchange for former Crimson defenseman Noah Welch.
[/Q]
Full article at:

[www.nhl.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: February 27, 2007 03:30PM

Well, Welch is a scoring threat for both teams on the ice. :-D

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: February 27, 2007 04:54PM

Ronald '09
Mike Wall was traded from Anaheim to Colorado for Brad May. How does this impact McKee? Does this mean he's now third in the organizational depth chart?
"Wall" is a good name for a goalie.

Date: February 27, 2007 05:15PM

Josh '99
Ronald '09

Even better than Shields.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 27, 2007 05:16PM

Josh '99
Ronald '09
I assume he is like Irbe.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 27, 2007 09:23PM

Much better than Scrivens, which is awful close to Sieve-ens.

Date: February 27, 2007 10:26PM

ugarte
Josh '99
Ronald '09
... Latvian?

Date: February 27, 2007 10:41PM

Moulson had 2 goals tonight and was named the 1st Star in Manchester's 4-3 win over Norfolk. I don't think it would be all that surprising to see Matt get a cup of coffee with the Kings before the end of the season.

Date: February 27, 2007 11:09PM

redhair34
Moulson had 2 goals tonight and was named the 1st Star in Manchester's 4-3 win over Norfolk. I don't think it would be all that surprising to see Matt get a cup of coffee with the Kings before the end of the season.

Yeah, seems pretty likely. John Zeiler, who played at SLU last year before leaving towards the end of the season, was called up to LA recently and scored his first NHL goal last week.

Date: February 28, 2007 12:00AM

calgARI '07
Yeah, seems pretty likely. John Zeiler, who played at SLU last year before leaving towards the end of the season, was called up to LA recently and scored his first NHL goal last week.

I always thought Zeiler was underrated when he played in the league. Trevelyan got all of the press, but I don't think he would have been nearly as effective if Zeiler wasn't skating on his line.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2007 12:16AM

It wouldn't be surprising, especially since LA seems intent on trading away everyone on the ice this season for prospects.
(Norstrom and Pushkarev are now Stars)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 28, 2007 12:56AM

Josh '99
ugarte
Josh '99
Ronald '09
... Latvian?
Well, I'm just saying if Irbe is Like Wall...

Posted by: DFORD '94 (---.bownet.org)
Date: February 28, 2007 08:35AM

Nice article on Matt Moulson from last nights Monarchs win. Matt is really playing well right now for the 1st place Kings affiliate. If LA keeps trading people away maybe he will get his chance.

Article is in the sports section at www.unionleader.com

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: March 02, 2007 01:25PM

Shane Hynes reassigned to portland, making the AHL Clear Day roster. No such luck for McKee or Pokulok, who will stay in the ECHL.

Re: Alumni in the Pros - Jersey shopping
Date: March 02, 2007 03:48PM

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2007 10:48PM

Moeser is still playing?! That's freakin' remarkable.

Though I suppose no more remarkable than that Joe was still playing a few months ago.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 03, 2007 12:22AM

Beeeej
Moeser is still playing?! That's freakin' remarkable.

Though I suppose no more remarkable than that Joe was still playing a few months ago.
According to Hockeydb, 04-05 (the year of that ugly jersey) was Moeser's last year playing. He played 15 seasons with the Augsburg Panthers, with interruptions in the 92-93 season, which he played with the Berlin Polar Bears (JTW would say "Eisbaeren";), and two games with the Rosenheim Star Bulls at the beginning of 94-95.

Moeser's teammates in Augsburg included Scott Campbell (93-97, Colorado College), Glenn Anderson (94-96, yes, THE Glenn Anderson), Dave Reierson (95-96, Michigan Tech), Rob Mendel (95-97, Wisconsin), Terry Campbell (95-97, Union), Andre Faust (1996-00, Princeton), Shawn Rivers (96-97, SLU), Mike Hudson (97-98, 7 NHL teams from 1989-97), Greg Bullock (1998-99, UMass-Lowell), Kurt Miller (1999-00, LSSU), Jason Muzzatti (2000-01, MSU, 4 NHL teams), Reid Simonton (2001-03, Union), PC Drouin (02-03, Cornell '96, now of the Morzine-Avoriaz Pingouins in France), and Shawn Carter (02-05, Wisconsin).

From what I can figure of the team website, it looks like Moeser is now a coach for Augsburg and a naturalized German. Guys playing for him include Shane Joseph (MSU-Mankato, played against Cornell in the 2003 regionals and with Douglas Murray in Cleveland), Craig Darby (PC), and Mark Murphy (RPI).

The preceding has been brought to you by our sponsors, beer and boredom.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 03, 2007 02:13AM

Josh '99
the 92-93 season, which he played with the Berlin Polar Bears (JTW would say "Eisbaeren";)

I was going to guess that they were still called EHC Dynamo back then, but it turns out 1992 is when they stopped being Dynamo and started being the Eisbären, officially at least.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login