Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Clarkson at Cornell postgame

Posted by billhoward 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Clarkson at Cornell postgame
Posted by: Rita (---.wave.hicv.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:03PM

ebilmes
KP '06
http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20062007/m/02/02/ckn-cor.php

"Freshman Ben Scrivens, who has recently claimed the top spot for the Big Red, finished the game with 26 saves."

Does the writer know something we don't?

Scrivens has started and played well in the last two games. He's brought his SV% above .900 and I would not be surprised to see him start tonight. It's impossible to know what's going on in Schafer's mind, but it's not unreasonable to think Ben is the #1.

I thought Schafer said he was going to a goalie rotation. Maybe the USCHO reporter just made an assumption based on Ben being in net for our only 2 wins in the past month. Granted Ben played solid goal in those two games, but I am not ready to proclaim him (or Davenport) as the top goalie.

I guess we will have to tune it to see who gets the start tonight. Neither the Cornell website nor the Ithaca Journal mentioned who would be in goal against St. Lawrence.
[cornellbigred.cstv.com]
[www.theithacajournal.com]

Posted by: Omie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:11PM

Thanks for pointing my mistakes out. Next time I post at 3:11am while being drunk I'll make sure I have my FWS instructor behind me.

How about addressing the point of the post instead of being a douche?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:13PM

redice
Beeeej
jtwcornell91
Omie
It seems there is nothing the fans can do to impress or even live up to the expectations of old timers. The student section was great against Clarkson and even better against Colgate. They are definitely doing there part.

Well, you could start by spelling like you go to an Ivy League school. rolleyes

Picking on spelling and grammar, unless it's so egregious as to make a post utterly incomprehensible (see, e.g., plrd78), is pointless, obnoxious, pedantic, and just as likely to drive people away from a message board as it is to make them think, "Oh, he's right, I should shape up." And in this case, it's a ridiculous stretch to think that the old timers who aren't impressed with the current students' cheering or enthusiasm in the rink think it has anything to do with their ability to spell an entire post correctly at 3:11 in the morning.

Picking on people who pick on spelling and grammar, on the other hand - well, that's just cool.

I know I'm dating myself. But, one of the interesting parts of the advent of the keyboard-to-keyboard communication is the number of intelligent people who just can not spell. Admittedly, some of it is just sloppiness. But some people just don't have it when it comes to spelling. Spellchecking can help. And, there is always the old-fashioned dictionary. But, if the person thinks they're spelling a word correctly, they're not going to refer to a dictionary. Which brings me to my (somewhat philosophical) age-old question: how is a person supposed to look up a word in a dictionary if they don't know how to spell it? rolleyes

Some of the problem is people are not proofreading. I would like to believe that most Cornell students and graduates know the difference between there, their, and they're.

That said, I just skimmed the Harvard thread at USCHO and Bothman used the phrase "all intensive purposes". uhoh

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:15PM

nyc94
That said, I just skimmed the Harvard thread at USCHO and Bothman used the phrase "all intensive purposes". uhoh

I think he went to Penn.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:29PM

FWIW, Scrivens absolutely embarrassed himself up at Canton a few weeks back. Not sure if what direction that leads Schafer in for tonight...

Scrivens has done well the last two games, played far more conservatively and taking a lot fewer chances. He still doesn't look at all comfortable to me. He makes the easy saves look hard and doesn't really make the hard saves. I will say that he made a series of great stops in the 2nd period last night though. Again, it's just the confidence. When he makes a good stop, he almost looks surprised. His rebound control is far and away the weakest part of his game. Cornell has done a much better job clearing away those rebounds the last two games and controlling the area in front of the net.

To me, Davenport is just a far more polished goaltender.

Date: February 03, 2007 01:52PM

It will be interesting to see how Schafer deals with the goaltending. I think Davenport will (and should) be in net tonight to allow for the rotation scheme to be effective. That said Scrivens has upped his game; he is definitely being more conscious about rebounds (eg when he pounced on the puck vs. Colgate), has stayed in net more, and had some big saves last night. 26 saves and only one goal allowed is pretty good any night.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 01:54PM by Omie.

Posted by: MB (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 01:59PM

You're right, and in hindsight, probably not the best word to describe Romano. His play was great through the night.

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:11PM

there was a particular sequence of moves approaching the blue line in front of section D towards the end of the second period that was absolutely crazy.

romano put the puck backwards between his legs, stopped, 360'd around to get the puck he dropped behind him, then kept going forward towards the net... it didn't really amount to much, but just a ridiculous sequence of jukes.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:18PM

Omie
Thanks for pointing my mistakes out. Next time I post at 3:11am while being drunk I'll make sure I have my FWS instructor behind me.

You needed a college writing course to teach you the difference between "there" and "their"?

Because name-calling is much more mature than correcting spelling.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: February 03, 2007 02:18PM

mttgrmm
romano put the puck backwards between his legs, stopped, 360'd around to get the puck he dropped behind him, then kept going forward towards the net... it didn't really amount to much, but just a ridiculous sequence of jukes.

I loved that. He was waiting for his teammates to clear the zone. And played keep away from four Clarkson players in order to get the faceoff in their zone for the start of the PP.

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:21PM

calgARI '07
FWIW, Scrivens absolutely embarrassed himself up at Canton a few weeks back. Not sure if what direction that leads Schafer in for tonight...

Scrivens has done well the last two games, played far more conservatively and taking a lot fewer chances. He still doesn't look at all comfortable to me. He makes the easy saves look hard and doesn't really make the hard saves. I will say that he made a series of great stops in the 2nd period last night though. Again, it's just the confidence. When he makes a good stop, he almost looks surprised. His rebound control is far and away the weakest part of his game. Cornell has done a much better job clearing away those rebounds the last two games and controlling the area in front of the net.

I think you might be onto somthing with his comfort in net. I've watched him in warm up the last two nights and what really stood out to me then was that he was puting every rebound into the corners. No I do realize that this is just warmup, but the point is that he's clearly capable of doing it, now he just has to get situated enough in a game situation to do when it counts.

Date: February 03, 2007 02:23PM

Robb
evilnaturedrobot
Now both Colgate and Clarkson had the entirety of section O open to them when the band bought tickets, why did they chose the seats right infront of the glass? It's idoitic.
That's not true. 4000 seats / 15 sections = 266 seats per section (or so). The visitors' allotment is only 100 seats, so they have less than half of O to work with, and I'm sure their tickets have seat numbers on them.

I did not realize this, I had always assumed that all of section O was offered to the visiting team and they just failed to sell it out. I guess this makes alot more sense.

Date: February 03, 2007 02:26PM

jtwcornell91
Omie

You needed a college writing course to teach you the difference between "there" and "their"?

The first part was sarcasm. I am sure that you, as a Cornell alum, know what it is.

jtwcornell91
Omie

Because name-calling is much more mature than correcting spelling.

I don’t know; I think me calling you a douche might be at the same level as you correcting my 3:11am post without addressing its main point.

This is a pointless argument anyway. I’ll let you have the last word. Have a good day.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:41PM

KP '06
But you have a huge band at home, right? They have just about a whole section to themselves, IIRC.

Correct. They have a whole section, and they fill it.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 03, 2007 02:45PM

evilnaturedrobot
calgARI '07
His rebound control is far and away the weakest part of his game. Cornell has done a much better job clearing away those rebounds the last two games and controlling the area in front of the net.

I think you might be onto somthing with his comfort in net. I've watched him in warm up the last two nights and what really stood out to me then was that he was puting every rebound into the corners. No I do realize that this is just warmup, but the point is that he's clearly capable of doing it, now he just has to get situated enough in a game situation to do when it counts.

Agreed about the rebounds. A few really juicy rebounds just sat in front of the goal for Tech last night; Ben has to work on either covering those or knocking them into the corner. Those turn into goals when we're playing against forwards with a little more awareness.

Cornell had a big win last night--isn't this supposed to be the time on eLynah when we all get along?

Date: February 03, 2007 03:09PM

Dpperk29
KP '06
But you have a huge band at home, right? They have just about a whole section to themselves, IIRC.

Correct. They have a whole section, and they fill it.

When it's not over break.

Posted by: dto (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 03:09PM

Wow, I can't believe all the talk on the officiating here. I actually thought Hansen called one of the best ECAC games I've seen in quite some time. I can't speak for the dive as I couldn't see it. The Bitz call was legit, the Clarkson player made a clean hit, the ref allowed a push back, the punch to the head was obvious and blatant. The holding the stick call was poor, but one poor call in a game, I'll take it.

Hansen gave the payback holding the stick when Weller was held up by the stick and then just plain old held and nothing was called. He also blew a play dead in front that Scrivens never even covered, the puck was loose outside his glove with the post blocking Hansen's view. I know it's his job to blow it dead when he loses sight of the puck, but that one hurt. The hook on the partial breakaway could have also been called a penalty shot, but I've noticed most ECAC ref's won't give the shot unless it's a free and clear breakaway.

By the way... my first game at Lynah, although unenjoyable because of the result, was an absolute blast. I had tickets in front of the student section and had a great time. The kids were obnoxious toward Clarkson, but at the same time respectful toward me. Very classy and rough at the same time.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 03:10PM

Dpperk29
ebilmes
Every time I hear an opposing band, I am again reminded of how much better our pep band is. Thanks, guys!

it's hard for your band to sound good when only a third of it is at the game and it is crammed right down by the glass.

Metaphor for the Golden Knight offense last night.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:13PM

Yeah, I was talking hockey with one of the ushers during warmups, and he said he loves how Cornell "puts" the opposite band against the glass. Also, Clarkson doesn't travel with their full band due to ticketing limitations, as I'm sure is the case with Cornell too (although I've never seen them at Cheel).

Date: February 03, 2007 03:13PM

ebilmes
Cornell had a big win last night--isn't this supposed to be the time on eLynah when we all get along?

well Clarkson is the one fanbase, aside from cornell that is, that has a pretty reasonable pressance on elynah, so it makes sense that there would be some contention (which I happen to enjoy, who likes preaching to the choir?)

however, it this case I'd say that most of the Clarkson fans have been pretty respectful and a few of the faithful are overreacting.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 03:17PM by evilnaturedrobot.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:21PM

dto
Yeah, I was talking hockey with one of the ushers during warmups, and he said he loves how Cornell "puts" the opposite band against the glass. Also, Clarkson doesn't travel with their full band due to ticketing limitations, as I'm sure is the case with Cornell too (although I've never seen them at Cheel).

Personally, I think that's poor manners on Cornell's part. Clarkson's band was completely muffled all night, they had no chance. I wish the ticketing office would just trust that we can drown themout without any help :-D (though I'm sure the real reason has to do with the 'prime seating boxes' or the concern of some other group of ticket holders.)

And do you meen that you've never seen the Cornell band at Cheel or that you've never seen the full band at Cheel? I was under the impression that the band made the north country trip.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:22PM

I watched Scrivens in warmups ... they were right in front of me in section D and my pizza was already in my belly, so I was pretty much bored. I was not at all impressed with him and I actually thought he was the backup to the backup. He got really lucky on the rebounds tonight; he didn't get them to the sides in the game. The Cornell defense outplayed Clarkson in front of the net though (funny, I remember having this exact conversation about Leggio earlier in the season).

This is a great experience for a freshman and I think he'll serve you well in the future, especially if your defense plays like it did last night. However, you guys really need to get his hat painted.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 03:22PM

DisplacedCornellian
Aww...you all upset Goldie Knight. Copied from the roundtable...

"I guess I will forever wonder what it takes to motivate the Golden Knights to play their best against a team whose fans condemn every penalty call made against Cornell and call Clarkson a group of goons. Their arrogant and insulting chant near the end of the game, "overrated", repeated incessantly, was simply sickening to hear. Reading their posts on elynah will provide Clarkson fans the perfect picture of what true cornell fans are actually like."

Maybe we ought to chant, "Vic [clap] tim [clap] of circumstance [clap clap clap]," but it doesn't have the same ring.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:24PM

dto
Yeah, I was talking hockey with one of the ushers during warmups, and he said he loves how Cornell "puts" the opposite band against the glass.

Since a number of people have commented about this I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I can think of two possible explanations for why the the opposing bands have been pushed down to the glass this year. When the band stands in the middle of the section it obstructs the view of the high rollers in the box seats. Or the band doesn't obstruct their view, but athletics just wants to keep the band as far away from the box seats as possible.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:25PM

I went to Clarkson 92-96 and never saw Cornell's band up there (or if I did, I got way too drunk at happy hour to remember). I watched the game from Cheel this year on the internet and I saw some Red fans, but don't recall seeing or hearing a band.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:26PM

evilnaturedrobot
ebilmes

well Clarkson is the one fanbase, aside from cornell that is, that has a pretty reasonable pressance on elynah, so it makes sense that there would be some contention (which I happen to enjoy, who likes preaching to the choir?)

however, it this case I'd say that most of the Clarkson fans have been pretty respectful and a few of the faithful are overreacting.

I was referring more to the grammar issue. It's expected that our Clarkson posters (with the exception of Drew) get contentious whenever we face each other.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:28PM

dto
I went to Clarkson 92-96 and never saw Cornell's band up there (or if I did, I got way too drunk at happy hour to remember). I watched the game from Cheel this year on the internet and I saw some Red fans, but don't recall seeing or hearing a band.

They were there. I'm guessing about one third of the band made the trip?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 04:47PM by redhair34.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:32PM

Now you know why we don't have names on the road jerseys. Ivy League fans are too cheap to buy programs and thus can't harrass our players. nut

Speaking of harrassment, several of the fans in the student section I was near were upset that you don't have any "special" chants for Clarkson. I was upset that we don't rate well enough for our own chant. (Personally, I like "Around the bowl, down the hole, go Brown go." or "Brown's the color of dog @#$%";)

Date: February 03, 2007 03:35PM

As an outsider, the conversation about grammar is just killing me. Then again, Clarkson is an engineering school, so we aren't expected to have good grammar.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:35PM

dto
Now you know why we don't have names on the road jerseys. Ivy League fans are too cheap to buy programs and thus can't harrass our players. nut

Speaking of harrassment, several of the fans in the student section I was near were upset that you don't have any "special" chants for Clarkson. I was upset that we don't rate well enough for our own chant. (Personally, I like "Around the bowl, down the hole, go Brown go." or "Brown's the color of dog @#$%";)

"Disco Tech" didn't exactly catch on. Nor did "Inbred...Big Red..." It takes a certain level of awareness to know that "Tech" is Clarkson and to understand the "inbred" comments. Kudos to the guy at the top of B singing the Addams family stuff.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:37PM

dto

well we would if Matt Nikerson hadn't gone pro, but alas...even so, I was sort of suprised that syphilis wasn't mention in some capacity, I thought the assumption was that he had spread it to the rest of the team and student body? ;-)

As for the programs, that's really our fault for not printing out a roster in the first place. I was particuarly dissapointed because it meant that noe one knew which player was Grant Clitsome, thus preventing a 'clitsome got licked' chant from starting.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 03:39PM by evilnaturedrobot.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:45PM

dto
I was upset that we don't rate well enough for our own chant.

George Roll has his own.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:46PM

THROW YOUR CLIPBOARD

Posted by: RichH (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: February 03, 2007 03:53PM

dto

I was in the Cornell band from '92-'96 and we made that trip every season (and an extra time in '95 for the ECAC QF series). That era was great time because both bands partied together often and were excellent musically. Far and away the best bands in the league.

Cornell has always treated opposing bands like crap. I can remember only 2-3 times where they weren't put right on the glass. While the Lynah ushers are known to be grouches in general, it's about 3x worse towards the visiting band. It was embarrassing to me, since I knew people in other bands. I wanted to be a good host to our counterparts, but the band really has no control over that.

To be honest, there are other inhospitable arenas in the league. A few have tried to impose the "25 instrument limit" rule that's for NCAA tournament games. Yale has started doing that. Harvard has usually been accomodating, but tries to keep the band in 2 rows, by the glass. Clarkson is very accomodating, and gives us seats at the top of the section, ditto St. Lawrence. Princeton puts us against the wall in the corner, which isn't bad. RPI is horrible, because even with an empty hangar-sized arena and about 7 empty sections between us and actual people, they force us into the rafters in the furthest section from the ice. Vermont was always bad too, crammed way down in a corner against the glass.

Oh, and every arena with a DJ that insists on playing Jock Jams over any bands, including their own, can suck it. Hard. Brown, Colgate, Union, I'm looking at you.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 03:55PM by RichH.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:54PM

Ahh yes, I did hear that clipboard chant. Honestly, I would like to see the names on the backs of the jerseys too... I follow Clarkson hockey, but I don't see every game and I forget the second level players. Poor Grant, that had to be a tough name to live through high school with.

Date: February 03, 2007 03:58PM

Clarkson does the jock jams thing during warmups (or they did when I was there) and I hate it. I could hear that crap on the radio; I'm there for the atmosphere which includes the band (except may Harvard's band, because if I wanted to go to a concert in Potsdam, State has a music school).

Maybe it was toothpaste that didn't bring their band, crap I can't remember now. I wish today I would have stayed with the band for 4 years, but I worked in a bar, and it's tough to get every Friday and Saturday off.

Date: February 03, 2007 04:00PM

dto
Then again, Clarkson is an engineering school, so we aren't expected to have good grammar.

As an engineer who was a TA for a course about technical writing, that's a real shame. Part of being a good engineer/scientist is being able to communicate effectively. For society and schools to say "you don't have to write well because you're an engineer," it's the wrong standard to set.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 04:03PM

redhair34
dto
Yeah, I was talking hockey with one of the ushers during warmups, and he said he loves how Cornell "puts" the opposite band against the glass.

Since a number of people have commented about this I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I can think of two possible explanations for why the the opposing bands have been pushed down to the glass this year. When the band stands in the middle of the section it obstructs the view of the high rollers in the box seats. Or the band doesn't obstruct their view, but athletics just wants to keep the band as far away from the box seats as possible.

People standing in a section, other than in the top row, do not obstruct the view from the box. [Oddly enough, when the top row of the section stands, the first row of the box has to stand and because they did not build in enough height differential between the two rows in the boxes - the ceiling is too low - when the first row of the box stands, the people in the second, top row of the box cannot see, even if they stand. There have been lots of complaints about that - "Townies Up" means the top row of the boxes have obstructed views - not fun when there's a tight, exciting finish to the game.]

I would suspect that that reason for the seating change for the band is that the seats by the glass in that corner are simply perceived to be less desirable if you want to view the whole ice.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 04:05PM

Well that was easily the best first period of the year. From the video feed I could hear that the crowd was somewhat louder than they have been for most games. I don't know if that really helped the fast start, but that combined with the first goal and Cornell played like they smelled blood in the water.

Sawada, Greening and Carefoot continued their great play from the past few games. Add to that players like Milo and Kennedy and Gallagher looking particularly fired up, and you had a Big Red team that was really playing with some confidence. They were continuing that physical play from the 'Gate and Clarkson looked unable to stop Cornell down low. During the second period especially this cycle led to a few PP chances.

As for the referee, I was actually happily surprised to see a game with some flow to it. There was almost, not quite, but almost a penalty free first. Now the penalty on Bitz, while it probably should have been a Clarkson penalty first as captain Bitz should know better than that. That is exactly what the Knights wanted, to get Cornell frustrated enough to take a cheap one and use that to claw back into the game. Luckily, Cornell maintained their big lead and didn't get caught up in that kind of game.

Finally, what was with Leggio? While some of those goals were a result of some hard work and great individual effort he looked like he was in poor position to stop those wrap-arounds. Aside from that he kept the game reasonable, because there were a few saves he probably had no business making.

Date: February 03, 2007 04:15PM

dto
I watched Scrivens in warmups ... they were right in front of me in section D and my pizza was already in my belly, so I was pretty much bored. I was not at all impressed with him and I actually thought he was the backup to the backup. He got really lucky on the rebounds tonight; he didn't get them to the sides in the game. The Cornell defense outplayed Clarkson in front of the net though (funny, I remember having this exact conversation about Leggio earlier in the season).

This is a great experience for a freshman and I think he'll serve you well in the future, especially if your defense plays like it did last night. However, you guys really need to get his hat painted.

Hat? ;-)

Scrivens is one of the most improved players on the team. During the Red/White scrimmage, after Ben fell down and let in a horrible goal, I had a friend turn to me and ask in horror, "is that our goalie now?" Now he's a good bet to get at least one start every week. And I completely trust him to start now.

That said, Scrivens scares the crap out of me. He flops, lunges, and just falls down before the puck is secure way too much for my comfort. I dunno, maybe that's his style, and maybe it forces the defense to take control of the puck quickly when he's down and out. For those who remember Andy Bandurski......yeah.

I completely agree with Ari that Davenport is more polished. He has his weaknesses, but he's calmer and he's better positionally.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 04:19PM by RichH.

Date: February 03, 2007 04:21PM

Dang, now you're picking on my school. We actually had a very good technical communications department when I was there, but there definitely wasn't much focus on the "fine art of the English language." Actually, our equivalent of Literature 101 and 102 was called Great Ideas 1 and 2 and that was the last I remember seeing of literature.

Date: February 03, 2007 04:28PM

Yeah oceans... we've seen that on quite a few occasions this year with Leggio. It seems he has great lateral movement when the play is in front of him, but very little on the wraparounds. With that said, it doesn't seem that Clarkson's defence is interested in controlling the back of the net (I noticed that in the RPI game too). Cornell's defence did a great job of boxing out Clarkson's forwards and not allowing chances on the long rebounds that Scrivens leaves out. They helped compensate for their keeper's weakness, it's about time Clarkson's talented D does the same.

Posted by: KP '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 03, 2007 04:45PM

redhair34
dto

The were there. I'm guessing about one third of the band made the trip?

About a dozen people made it as part of an unofficial alumni band. Last year (during the semester) a more sizable contingent made it up North.

The pep band has 51 tickets to home games. Considering that the full marching band typically has 150-200 people, you could say that only one third of the Big Red Bands gets to go to our home games.

Date: February 03, 2007 05:00PM

yeah i always thought wraparounds were something you did playing Blades of Steel because they almost always resulted in goals (and the AI never controlled the back of the net either)...

i can't think of many times off-hand when a single player has attacked one side, skated around and poked it in on the far side. i can remember a lot where the player skates around and puts it into the slot right in front for a crashing forward, but no single-handed wraps... kinda crazy.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 05:50PM

ebilmes
evilnaturedrobot
ebilmes

I was referring more to the grammar issue. It's expected that our Clarkson posters (with the exception of Drew) get contentious whenever we face each other.
ebilmes, I like to give you guys shit every once in awhile. I try not to make it personal.

Last night, I listened to half the 1st period (since my 5 year old convinced his mother he would sleep over his friends house, in which he lasted until 8:00, then I had to leave the computer, drive in a snowstorm to pick the little crumbsnatcher up! The driving was so horrible it took me forever to get back home,log in and see the game was over and my team lost 5-1 ARGHHHH!) so I couldn't make an educated post or argument on the game. (Not that it stops others).:-P

Ok, so you bastards won, congrats! I have a funny feeling this was not our last tango this year. We will get after it again, hopefully in Albany, where we can meet in a bar, put faces with the names and really beat the shit out of each other.;-)
Cheers!
Drew
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 11:20PM by Drew.

Date: February 03, 2007 05:59PM

Hahaha! I'll have your back Drew ... I'm off to work, but to leave the Lynah faithful one last message ... BEAT SLU!!!

Date: February 03, 2007 06:08PM

Drew
ebilmes
evilnaturedrobot
ebilmes

ebilmes, I like to give you guys shit every once in awhile. I try not to make it personal.

Last night, I only listened to half the 1st period (since my 5 year old convinced his mother he would sleep over his friends house, in which he lasted until 8:00, then I had to leave the computer, drive in a snowstorm to pick the little crumbsnatcher up! The driving was so horrible it took me forever to get back home,log in and see the game was over and my team lost 5-1 ARGHHHH!) so I couldn't make an educated post or argument on the game. (Not that it stops others).:-P

Ok, so you bastards won, congrats! I have a funny feeling this was not our last tango this year. We will get after it again, hopefully in Albany, where we can meet in a bar, put faces with the names and really beat the shit out of each other.;-)
Cheers!
Drew

hey now! we keep this inside the rink! which meens we'll have to find an isolated corner of the pepsi center to rumble (But if they say blades, I say blades. If they say guns, I say guns.)

then we'll go out for a drink:-D
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2007 06:09PM by evilnaturedrobot.

Date: February 03, 2007 07:56PM

Drew

I think you mean "drink each other under the table".

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 09:45PM

quote jtwcornell91]
Drew

I think you mean "drink each other under the table".[/quote]

Yes, all in good fun.drunk

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 10:04PM

Drew

Cheers!
Drew

I hope to go to Albany but can be there only on Friday.

If you guys want to "beat the shit" out of me, go for it. But you gotta pay my bar tab first. :-D

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 03, 2007 10:15PM

Agreed.

I find it perplexing that Tech could come out flat or bring less than their "A" game in any game vs Cornell.

Thought I saw a post last night on this, or another thread in which a fan commented that Schafer's team always seems to stifle Clarkson's offense or suck the life out of them. Credit to him to know the style that is effective against Clarkson and credit to his players for executing the game plan.

I saw it first hand in the 2nd playoff game last March and it sounds like they did much the same last night, with the exception that Leggio wasn't able to stand on his head last night.

Hope to see you guys in Albany!

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.riverside.clarkson.edu)
Date: February 04, 2007 03:35AM

Hey all,

To start, congrats on the win. We got outplayed and outworked, most disappointing. Leggio was spotty at best, but definitely his worst outing of the year in my opinion. Those wrap-arounds were enough to make me heave.

To answer the band question: Arenas in the ECAC have the option of limiting visiting bands to 25 instruments. When we're at home, we typically have 60+ stuffed into Section 17. No, we don't choose where we sit. If we did, we'd be above the glass to get better projection. And saying we're worse than Colgate's band, well that's just laughable and if you were at Starr on Saturday you'd know. Colgate was kind enough to allow us 35 or so instruments inside and give us a section to ourselves.

I think someone else had a question that I was going to answer, but at this point I don't remember and I've got no intention of rereading 150 posts to find it. Whoever made the West Side Story blades/guns reference, very nice, I laughed. I hope we don't see you in the playoffs. I'm tired of losing those games. Good night.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login