Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Congrats Age...USCHO front page

Posted by bigggreddd77 
Congrats Age...USCHO front page
Posted by: bigggreddd77 (---)
Date: November 27, 2002 01:19AM

Maybe I've missed other pictures of Age's on the USCHO website so this may just be old news. But, when looking at the home page I couldn't help but notice the 'elynah.com' credit below the picture of the Dartmouth goalie. Do you have a contract with them? Did they just find your picture and decide to use it? Anywaaay...it was pretty cool to see...congrats on making it to the big time. This week USCHO...next week...the WOOOOORLD!!! :-D

Re: Congrats Age...USCHO front page
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: December 02, 2002 09:26AM

And another =]

At least I get to see this pic. I was away and internetless for a week and never got to see the Boucher pic. USCHO used some of my pics for the Brown and Harvard games. They also have permission to use anything from eLynah. But no, there's not contract or anything. hehe

Posted by: Adam '01 (---)
Date: December 02, 2002 10:32AM

Might as well charge them oh, say, $7 a month.

Just kidding. nut

Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: December 02, 2002 01:49PM

You think maybe we could get USCHO.com to post the "Screw Cornell Athletics" logo? :-P

Posted by: crodger1 (198.105.0.---)
Date: December 02, 2002 02:18PM

Age,

USCHO seems to be scooping eLynah when it comes to the photos. ;-)

When do you think the Harvard/Brown and BU photos might hit eLynah?

Date: December 02, 2002 02:30PM

Well, I have about 125 photos from each of the last 4 games to dig through and I've been away since last Sunday. Sending a few pics to USCHO after the games is an entirely different proposition... Just caught the database up after fixing a couple problems. Photos are next. Hopefully they'll all get up this week.

Posted by: JDeafv (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 12:19AM

The database is really sweet. BUT, something always bothers me when I see the scores listed as 1-5 (W). Isn't it normal to list your score first so it would read 5-1 (without the W).

Also, the recaps by Adam are awesome, and Age's photos complement the articles very nicely. They are some of the most complete recaps anywhere on the site, including those from last year's frozen four games.

Last random thing: Who is the gentleman standing in the corner beneath section O taking pictures with a huge digital camera? His camera will take multiple shots very rapidly (Age - can yours do this?) and they create some awesome sequential shots, especially when Lenny slides across the goal to make a save. Anyway, if anybody knows where this vault of photos is kept and could share that would make for some awesome viewing.

Posted by: marty (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 03:19AM

Thanks for the photos in general. I am using a nice shot of Knoepfli for my wallpaper...and this displaced a beautiful photo of my wife. uhoh

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 06:51AM

The gentleman standing at the bottom of section "O" is Mr. Marr (Todd's father). He is a super nice guy.

Date: December 03, 2002 09:24AM

A 35mm pro film camera with a motor drive can push 7 frames per second (which is frightening considering what it costs to shoot film). The problem with digital cameras (which gets harder to overcome as resolution increases) is that images have to be written to a buffer first and then written to the slower compact flash card as fast as it can until the buffer fills. At current RAM speeds, the best they can do is about 3 frames per second, which is what my Nikon D100 does until the buffer fills after about 8 pics, then it slows down until you stop shooting and the camera has a chance to dump its buffer completely. So there's more than you ever wanted to know about that subject. The short answer is, if he's actually shooting digital, I can probably match him. I'm planning on buying some new lenses this week, so things should be getting better soon.

As for the database question, normal convention in hockey is to have the home team at the bottom or on the right.

Date: December 03, 2002 10:19AM

Meanwhile, here's an eLF exclusive. rolleyes

Those of us unfortunate enough to see it in person can't be alone with the burden.

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: December 03, 2002 10:34AM

yark

It's the freaky Ellen clone!

yark

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 10:35AM

That's not marketing. It's a cry for help.

Perhaps a few competent people should break into their offices, throw away all their stuff, and leave them good designs?

Head to toe
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 10:50AM

Thanks a lot; I had actually managed to suppress that memory. yark

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: December 03, 2002 10:58AM

Um...do you have permission to show that? worry

Another embarrassing effort from the people who brought us CornellPass.

Posted by: Robb (---)
Date: December 04, 2002 11:21PM

Oh my. Where is that monstrosity posted? Not somewhere that potential recruits can see, I hope?

Posted by: rhovorka (---)
Date: December 04, 2002 11:44PM

That one is on Rt. 13N between Horseheads and Ithaca, I believe...right after that one traffic light. There are similar ones on Rt. 96 near Trumansburg and on Rt. 13 between Ithaca and Dryden. Those other 2 don't feature the Freaky Ellen Clone (FEC), but are just as sad.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: December 05, 2002 01:00AM

There is also a FEC billboard on Route 79 as you approach Ithaca from the East (Whitney Point). help

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: December 05, 2002 08:39AM

One has to wonder if the cost of erecting these embarrassments to the University exceeded what the cost would have been to maintain free Internet broadcasts. How could someone moan about a tight budget and then squander money like this?

Could anyone really have thought these atrocities would result in increased attendance at football games? Seriously? There must be insufficient ventilation in the bunker. worry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login