Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Ammo for Dekanich tomorrow and Sat.

Posted by sah67 
Ammo for Dekanich tomorrow and Sat.
Posted by: sah67 (---.clarityconnect.net)
Date: January 24, 2007 09:42PM

A bit OT, but not too bad what with the upcoming games:

The folks over at the the Cornell Poke-the-sieve group on Facebook managed to uncover a group on Colgate's facebook community, dedicated to Mark Dekanich, and titled "Mark 'Dexshow' Dekanich for the 2007 Hobey Baker Award".

Clearly some of the Colgate students are mesmerized by Dekanich and Colgate's stellar performances this year, but what's even more funny is a exchange that happened on the group's "wall" (a public message board for those of you foreign to Facebook).

Starting on December 7th prior to Colgate being swept in a series against St. Cloud State, a St. Cloud student named Travis Weldon posted the following: "Dekanich's numbers are good, i'll give him that.....but when the powerhouses of Union, Princeton, Harvard, and Bentley are shooting, it lacks a certain credibility to it...We will see this weekend..."

After a few other St. Cloud students/players joined in on the ribbing, especially after the sweep, Dekanich maturely responded with:
"alright travis, houston, and you fat bitch briana or whatever your fuckin name is.....glad you guys got drafted to the show, nice credibility"

The "discussion" only gets better, as St. Cloud student Brian Aeikens adds: "At least we are in a real conference", and Dekanich responds: "brian, what level figure skating are you in???? you fuckin fairy"

Another Dekanich gem directed at Aeikens reads: "my scholarship is worth more than ur life.....im ur idol", with Aeikens' well-crafted response reading: "scholarship on a losing team like colgate not sure i would want to except that". Obviously Dekanich took offense to that, so with a crafty redirect, he adds "brian, what round were u drafted again??"

I won't post the the remaining entirety of this extremely mature discussion (those of you on facebook can read it at: [cornell.facebook.com]), but some additional Dekanich-isms include:
"my scholarship is worth more than ur house...go get drafted to the show tough guy and im sure u are a big part of the st.cloud hockey program...good for u, go get an IQ"

and:

"thats just the worst comeback of all time......will i see any ice[in the NHL]??? buddy, you've never come close to playing any level of hockey that i have, take a look in the mirror..."

Clearly, our friendly sieve Mark has a bit of an issue with opposing players and fans calling his skill and Colgate's success into question. I'm glad to see he responds so cogently and maturely though. He's also very confident of his upcoming NHL-celebrity career. I wonder what Don Vaughan would think if he knew this was all publically viewable... ;)

Anyhow, I don't quite know if any of this can be turned into chants against him, but seeing how he reacts to some online-teasing, we might want to wear kevlar vests when we start a sieve chant against him.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2007 09:57PM by sah67.

Re: Ammo for Dekanich tomorrow and Sat.
Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 24, 2007 10:02PM

Wow, thanks for digging that one up. It's clear that "Dexshow" has a tremendous ego. It's one thing to have your buddies make a nice Facebook group for you, but it's quite another to be the group's admin and insist on bantering back and forth with people on the wall. Kudos for St. Cloud for getting a few of their people on board, and shame on Dekanich for his huge ego.

Compare to Cornell players' (generally) very limited Facebooks and rules against wearing Cornell hockey clothes.

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 12:34AM

first off, note that they couldn't spell "dexshow" properly... spelled differently in his name and in the group's name.

and his profile isn't private, so if you change your "networks" to include Vancouver, BC, you can see his whole profile and all his pictures. i got bored of looking through it, but attached find a PDF of his profile.

note the *nsync, "some BSB", mariah carey all in his music. also notice an interesting AIM conversation pasted into his favorite quotes.

anyway, enjoy.

Attachments:
open | download - dekanich facebook.pdf (112.4 KB)
open | download - dekanich picture.pdf (75.8 KB)
Date: January 25, 2007 12:54AM

Wonder who his one friend at Cornell is...

Date: January 25, 2007 12:55AM

"Hey Dekanich! Your Facebook group is an embarrassment to Colgate hockey, and Colgate hockey sucks!"

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2007 04:03AM

ebilmes
"Hey Dekanich! Your Facebook group is an embarrassment to Colgate hockey, and Colgate hockey sucks!"

Shouldn't that be "You're an embarrassment to facebook..."? :-P

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 10:36AM

jtwcornell91
ebilmes

Shouldn't that be "You're an embarrassment to facebook..."? :-P

Facebook is an embarrassment to...well, everything. And I say that fully aware that I'm the founder of the Lynah Faithful group on Facebook, too.

Nevertheless, not counting phone numbers (let us never go down that road again), I have to admit that Facebook is wonderful for digging up these great bits of ammo. Since I can't be there tonight, I hope everyone will be able to get into his head at Starr.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: January 25, 2007 11:03AM

Women's studies? I think thats enough ammo right there.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2007 12:04PM

Will
Facebook is an embarrassment to...well, everything.

Well, it comes from Harvard. And Harvard sucks.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 25, 2007 03:48PM

here's a good general taunt for the colgate games....
"PRE-SEASON FAV-ORITES" clap clap clapclapclap

Posted by: ftyuv (---.techtarget.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 03:49PM

Jacob '06
Women's studies? I think thats enough ammo right there.
I assume that's a reference to what a playah he is. Like someone who lists I Phelta Thi as their fraternity.

imafrshmn, given how we've been ranked in polls and the record we've posted this month, I don't know if an "overrated," or variant thereof, is really wise. Yesterday, BU was beating BC 4-1, so near the end the BC fans started cheering, "BU football! clap clap clapclapclap." The BU fans replied just with "BC hockey! clap clap clapclapclap" which shut BC up pretty quick. Calling Colgate overrated carries a similar risk, I think.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2007 03:52PM by ftyuv.

Posted by: Izcornellastateskyl? (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 05:41PM

Apparently all Corn. U. "scholars" have to "busy" themselves with?..well,
great minds think alike!.....

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 05:49PM

Izcornellastateskyl?

What?

I'm considering reposting this on my new favorite Facebook group, I judge you when you use bad grammar.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 06:25PM

Izcornellastateskyl?

omg ur screenname iz so kool!!!!11!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 06:49PM

Liz '05
Izcornellastateskyl?
with?..well,

What?

You really don't get it? IZCornell is saying we busy ourselves with a question-well. We know that we do not know everything, so instead of looking for wells of knowledge -- which anybody can find on Wikipedia -- we seek wells of questions. The ellipsis separating the two words, instead of a hyphen, symbolizes that we pause to consider what a question-well entails even as we coin the phrase; its incompleteness simultaneously reflects the inherent incompleteness of such an intellectual journey and lauds us for not harping on any one issue too long (that is, the pause itself is incomplete), since we would otherwise get stuck forever on our first question. Finally, removing the space between "with" and "(question)" is a nod to our civilization's Greek roots, where prepositions truly joined with, instead of simply preceding, the words that followed them.

As for why he wrote "?" instead of typing out "question" in full -- just laziness, I assume. w/e it's the internet.

Posted by: Izcornellastateskyl? (---.washdc.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 25, 2007 08:57PM

glad you enjoyed it, "french rage"..what is that, an std?

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: January 25, 2007 09:23PM

Izcornellastateskyl?
glad you enjoyed it, "french rage"..what is that, an std?

Nah, if you look here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexually_transmitted_disease), it does not appear to be the name of any STD.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: January 26, 2007 02:07AM

ftyuv, I think you're my new favorite person. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login