Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell's ice-skating treadmill

Posted by PinkyGen 
Cornell's ice-skating treadmill
Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DYNAPOOL.NYU.EDU)
Date: December 08, 2006 04:20PM

CSTV and youtube are good for something after all.

The video's been floating around the net, and just made an appearance on Deadspin, which, per the blog's rule, ridiculed the concept. Don't take it personally.

[www.deadspin.com]

Re: Cornell's ice-skating treadmill
Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: December 08, 2006 05:04PM

I Like some of the comments:

"boy, that kevin mcleod is a good-lookin' kid, huh?

Yeah, his fivehead is hyoooge."

"He looks like the love child of Gary Sinise and Fulton from Mighty Ducks."

"Little known fact: The a capella group, "Here Comes Treble", also uses the ice-skating treadmill..."

Also didnt MTU have one before us?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2006 05:18PM

My favorite comment: "Looks as painful as being stuck in an arena with Cornell hockey fans." I sense a jealous rival... :)

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: December 08, 2006 05:52PM

French Rage

Also didnt MTU have one before us?

No, we've had ours for a couple of years and they just got theirs this offseason.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 08, 2006 06:50PM

But MTU fans on USCHO spent the whole summer bragging about it. :) It seems to have helped them. ;)

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: December 08, 2006 08:02PM

ursusminor
But MTU fans on USCHO spent the whole summer bragging about it. :) It seems to have helped them. ;)

Not tonight, at least after 1 period... they are losing to the evil gophers 3-0.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2006 02:46PM

Anyone know if non-team members are allowed to use the treadmill?

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: December 11, 2006 03:02PM

Anyone know what the plastic ice-like surface is? How often does it need to be replaced? Can it be resurfaced with heat?

Since I live here in beautiful Califonia, I am wondering if you could make an entire rink out of it and how differentit would be from ice (rollerblades just aren't the same). I suspect that it is much higher friction than ice. A quick online search supports this notion:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Posted by: Tom Lento (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 11, 2006 04:11PM

Roy 82
Anyone know what the plastic ice-like surface is? How often does it need to be replaced? Can it be resurfaced with heat?

Since I live here in beautiful Califonia, I am wondering if you could make an entire rink out of it and how differentit would be from ice (rollerblades just aren't the same). I suspect that it is much higher friction than ice. A quick online search supports this notion:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

I don't know about the treadmill, but I was in Wilmington, Delaware for a first night celebration (sort of a family-oriented, publicly sponsored, early evening New Year's Eve party) and I saw an outdoor rink made of a DuPont material (as far as I can tell, DuPont basically owns downtown Wilmington, in case you were wondering). They just threw down this white plastic stuff right on the street and set up some low dasher boards and bingo - instant ice. I didn't try to walk on it, but it seemed like it was slippery enough to skate, and kids were cruising around on your typical rental hockey skates. If you can call it cruising. Cute, but I dunno if it'd make a decent hockey rink, and I imagine that things like stopping would be dramatically different from ice.

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: December 11, 2006 04:34PM

An ill-advised investment into a synethic ice rink sent Bryan Trottier into bankruptcy a decade ago.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: December 11, 2006 05:01PM

Roy 82

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Yes in fact you can make an entire rink out of it. Someone I know opened a hockey training center in Santa Clara a couple years ago. He's since moved to Denver and the web address no longer works so I'm guessing it didn't work out that well.

Posted by: LaJollaRed (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 11, 2006 09:53PM

It's the strangest thing...Today I was in the Ramin room, trying to break into one of the side rooms to get to some gear of mine that had been mistakenly locked in there.

Anyway--While I was climbing over rusty fitness bikes, I came across this holy Treadmill...The surface is a rough, cottony glass...strange!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login