Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

SLU @ Clarkson- Now (7PM Tues.) Free Video.

Posted by Chris '03 
SLU @ Clarkson- Now (7PM Tues.) Free Video.
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:06PM

Watch the north country rivals face off with free video: [www.clarksonathletics.com]

EDIT: What is Clarkson wearing? The stream isn't great quality but it looks like both teams wearing not so flattering throwbacks (CCT in particular).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 07:08PM by Chris '03.

Re: SLU @ Clarkson- Now (7PM Tues.) Free Video.
Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:13PM

Would someone mind posting the url to cut and paste into WMP? I get a "Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again" error message.

Thanks.

Posted by: Avash (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:15PM

Rita
Would someone mind posting the url to cut and paste into WMP? I get a "Cannot open the file. Verify that the path and filename are correct and try again" error message.

Thanks.

[nick8.surfernetwork.com]

Re: SLU 0 @ Clarkson 1 (end 1)
Date: December 05, 2006 07:31PM

Weller on the PP at 19:53 for clarkson.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 07:32PM by Chris '03.

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 08:20PM

clarkson still up 1-0 over slu(t) after 2

Re: SLU 1 @ Clarkson 1 (3rd)
Date: December 05, 2006 08:45PM

SLU ties it shorthanded.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: December 05, 2006 08:55PM

wow that bell is annoying.

Posted by: WillR (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 08:55PM

Can someone explain what the deal is the with the chuck wagon dinner bell?

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 08:57PM

Clarkson scores on a powerplay, but under review. Video has instant replay -- what a concept :-D

Date: December 05, 2006 08:59PM

Goal waived off ... probably first ECACHL goal called off as a result of replay.

Date: December 05, 2006 08:59PM

Overturned, no real explanation why.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:00PM

WillR
Can someone explain what the deal is the with the chuck wagon dinner bell?

Nobody's sabotaged it in a while, which is a shame.

Not that anyone would ever advocate destruction of property...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 09:00PM by Trotsky.

Date: December 05, 2006 09:00PM

Did anyone notice the SLU player toss down the clarkson guy after the (non)-goal and not get called for it?

Re: SLU 1 @ Clarkson 2
Date: December 05, 2006 09:01PM

No doubt this time. Knights lead.

Date: December 05, 2006 09:01PM

Clarkson scores for real 2-1

Date: December 05, 2006 09:03PM

that was a nice one

Date: December 05, 2006 09:10PM

Boy, those Clarkson uniforms are putrid.

Re: SLU @ Clarkson- Free Video (comparison to No Access)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:13PM

i haven't seen any of the games on CSTVs no access service but how does this compare to what we have? Also any idea who pays for this service that Clarkson provides? Would be interested in any comparison anyone has.

-WillR

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:16PM

clarkson puts in an empty netter.

well this keeps SLU from passing us for first in the ECAC standings and leaves both SLU and Clarkson 1 point behind up with 1 game in hand.

Posted by: evilnaturedrobot (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:19PM

WillR
i haven't seen any of the games on CSTVs no access service but how does this compare to what we have? Also any idea who pays for this service that Clarkson provides? Would be interested in any comparison anyone has.

-WillR

based on the one game I watched last year I'd say that the quality of the CSTV pitcure is a little better but that's negated by the fact that it doesn't work for longer than 3 to 5 minutes.

this picture, while grainy, was seemless.

Posted by: Clarksy (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:22PM

This is a brand new service this year. The University is currently paying for it. It's a broadcast of the student tv station. Rumor has it it will go for pay eventually. Things started out very rough but this week was a pretty smooth feed. There must have been a lot of people watching and it handled it pretty well.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:22PM

evilnaturedrobot
based on the one game I watched last year I'd say that the quality of the CSTV pitcure is a little better but that's negated by the fact that it doesn't work for longer than 3 to 5 minutes.

this picture, while grainy, was seemless.

I agree picture is a tad inferior, but the camera work is vastly superior--they must have someone older than a 5 year old operating the camera(s).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2006 09:29PM by redhair34.

Posted by: fink (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 09:38PM

I didn't start watch until 19:53 into the 1st period, but from what I saw the Clarkson feed was vastly superior:
-Free, vs. 7$/month (I'm unsure whether this feed is normally free, or was simply free for a rivalry game)
-Scoreboard
-Several replays (they weren't the most cleanly executed, but the idea was certainly there and they were passable)
-I never lost the feed, as opposed to taking for granted that I'll miss a period of every game w/ no-access.
-No annoying commercial before every attempt to connect along with not having error messages assuming that "The event has not yet begun" (clearly all errors are due to user negligence, right?)
-Camerawork/angles were better, as opposed to constantly getting a close-up of the ice where the puck used to be.
-Presentation via streaming video (I used WMP), as opposed to some proprietary flash POS.

The Clarkson student commentators weren't particularly amazing, but were certainly adequate. There is also something to be said for having commentators who are involved in the overall production instead of simply hijacking a radio feed.

It is a rather sad statement that a student-run (so far as I can tell from [www.wckn.com]) station can provide a free broadcast that is superior in basically every way to a subscription based service run by a national corporation.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 10:20PM

fink '09
It is a rather sad statement that a student-run (so far as I can tell from [www.wckn.com]) station can provide a free broadcast that is superior in basically every way to a subscription based service run by a national corporation.
I don't suppose anyone from Cornell Athletics who might be involved in the webcasting decision for next year would have been watching this and reaching the same conclusion. panic

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.201.---)
Date: December 05, 2006 10:39PM

that was feola's only mistake of the night was not throwing Rank's ass all the way back to canton for that. It was intentional, unprovoked, and dangerous, and Dirty... terrible that it wasn;t called. The linesman obviously saw it because he came flying right to Rank... terrible no-call

Date: December 05, 2006 10:49PM

I know you probably don't care, but here is my take on the game.

This was the first time I have seen the new third jersey's, and I love them. They are deffinatly different color wise, but they are just really cool.

The Bell... Drunk Frat boys, people (myself included) continously yell at them to stop constantly ringing it, but they listen like drunk frat boys.

The game was great. Feola actually called a very good game. with the exception of a few minutes in the second where it was a penalty parade, the penalties were reasonable and seemed even.

Rank deserved to be thrown out for assaulting one of our players after the no-goal. that was feola's only major mistake.

SLU has a good team, solid goaltender in Tisi, and an impressive offense (Leggio played an amazing game from my view).

Clarkson showed that they really are the great team I thought they were tonight. They didn't slow down once they got a lead. They played clean. They killed penalties (3 5x3s). And They didn;t get discouraged after the no-goal.

I won;t bore you anymore.
-perk

Date: December 05, 2006 11:18PM

Dpperk-
Do you know why the goal was called back? On the low quality replay it looked like if anything an SLU player kicked it in.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 11:24PM

Dpperk29
-perk

Please, Dpperk...nobody is going to yell at you (non-ironically...Beeeej) for going too in depth with college hockey content on this board. Your analysis and thoughts are very welcome here.

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 11:31PM

RichH
Dpperk29
-perk

Please, Dpperk...nobody is going to yell at you (non-ironically...Beeeej) for going too in depth with college hockey content on this board. Your analysis and thoughts are very welcome here.

rich wants a post longer than thirty words that doesn't involve guns, racists, or litigation.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2006 11:34PM

Jacob 03
RichH
Dpperk29
-perk

rich wants a post longer than thirty words that doesn't involve guns, racists, or litigation.

Well, there are only so many shiny objects in my apartment I can stare at.

Oh crap...but I don't want to be labeled as the thread police. Pay no attention to Jacob's insinuation that I think the other topics aren't welcome either.

Date: December 06, 2006 12:12AM

from where I was... I am not sure the puck crossed the line before the net came off.

and I was half being sarcastic (and half realizing that the woman was going to hang me if I didn;t get off the computer and help her with physics) with the not boring you guys comment. If you want to know more about the bikini clad women or Fat kid-Sluzzer beat down... you'll have to either PM me for details, track me down at the Cornell-Sacred Heart Game, or come to the Cornell-CCT game...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 12:15AM by Dpperk29.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: December 06, 2006 12:54AM

Jacob 03
RichH
Dpperk29
-perk

You forgot bitching about All-Access and ushers - only tangentally related to college hockey ;-)

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.riverside.clarkson.edu)
Date: December 06, 2006 03:18AM

The only explanation I can come up with for the no goal is the net coming off the moorings, but if that was the case SLU probably should have taken a penalty for it because it seemed it was going to be a goal if the player hadn't knocked his own net off. The penalty couldn't be assessed because the replay is meant to be used for goal/no goal purposes only, according to some of the people around me. Not a big deal, and I liked that they used the replay. I'd rather win or lose fair and square than off a cheap call. My back was turned for the SLU goal, apparently it was a bad bounce off the boards or something and Leggio misplaying the puck?

I was really quite impressed with Feola tonight, he let both teams play without letting anything get out of control. Apparently Rank got away with a bad hit that I didn't see, and Guthrie may have got off a little easy with a charging penalty on what a lot of ECAC refs would've called a major hitting from behind, even though IMO the hit didn't warrant 5min. Even, consistent officiating... what a novel concept! I'll give you 1:1 odds Feola botches the next game he refs something awful.

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: December 06, 2006 07:42AM

Dpperk29
from where I was... I am not sure the puck crossed the line before the net came off.

and I was half being sarcastic (and half realizing that the woman was going to hang me if I didn;t get off the computer and help her with physics) with the not boring you guys comment. If you want to know more about the bikini clad women or Fat kid-Sluzzer beat down... you'll have to either PM me for details, track me down at the Cornell-Sacred Heart Game, or come to the Cornell-CCT game...

What a tease... or is it "what a slu(t)?" ;-)

Please keep posting here Dpperk29, it is nice to have other viewpoints. Good luck with your finals.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2006 09:43AM by Rita.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.180.---)
Date: December 06, 2006 09:13AM

Rita
Dpperk29

What a tease... or is what a slu(t)? ;-)

Please keep posting here Dpperk29, it is nice to have other viewpoints. Good luck with your finals.

Don;t worry, I won;t stop posting. Someone has to be the voice of reason when you guys all sart crapping about reffing(I do it too)/ushers/dressing 3 goalies/getting tickets to harvard...

-Perk

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: December 06, 2006 10:05AM

RichH
Dpperk29
-perk

Beeeej? It's my line. Jerk.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: December 06, 2006 11:17AM

ugarte
RichH
Dpperk29
-perk

Beeeej? It's my line. Jerk.

Typical. rolleyes

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: December 06, 2006 11:41AM

ugarte
Beeeej? It's my line. Jerk.[/quote]

My reasoning: 1) Beeeej can control it. 2) He did it most recently whilst calling for the ban of the automobile.

Oh, and I know you are, but what am I?

Posted by: Avash (---.wireless-pennnet.upenn.edu)
Date: December 08, 2006 07:25PM

St. Lawrence vs. UNH video here (live right now, 0-0 in the first) -- [www.nhptv.org] . "Watch now" link is on the right of the page.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login