Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Poke the sieve

Posted by BMac 
Poke the sieve
Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 03, 2006 01:14PM

In the grand tradition of stealing good ideas from other schools when those ideas lead to bothering the sieve even more....

I present Poke the Sieve (Cornell Edition)

It's a facebook group (which we should all join) where I'll put up a link to poke the opposing goalie. Thus, right before he plays Cornell, he gets a million bajillion pokes (because we have a million bajillion members), and that pisses him off.

Links are up for UHN, Maine, and WMU.

Re: Poke the sieve
Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: December 03, 2006 01:53PM

I think that ranks up there with chanting the goalies phone number on the retarded meter. Actually... it spikes the meter... good job... you just copied a retarded idea from some other school. Way to be original!

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2006 02:05PM

I agree with the Clarkson troll ( ;) ). I've always liked the "keep it in the rink" rule, which this violates. Plus you don't even know if he'll get the pokes (especially for a Sat. game), and it's just a pain in the ass for him to clear. It's spam, is what it is. I vote no.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 03, 2006 05:49PM

Yes, let's not poke the sieve before the game, but rather taunt the sieve during the game.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: December 03, 2006 06:58PM

You kids and your crazy facebook schemes.

I could never imagine using the facebook for hockey related taunting purposes whistle

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: December 03, 2006 08:23PM

Tub(a)

I could never imagine using the facebook for hockey related taunting purposes whistle

Seriously. You young'uns need to go past the poking and dig deeper into their profiles. Find some pictures of, say, a bunch of Clarkson players in a small hot tub (or something).

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2006 03:59AM

Liz '05
Tub(a)

Seriously. You young'uns need to go past the poking and dig deeper into their profiles. Find some pictures of, say, a bunch of Clarkson players in a small hot tub (or something).

A friend of mine got a screenshot of the RPI goalie's facebook page courtesy of a friend who goes to RPI and he brought it along with him to the game. It worked reasonably well when we started to read off of it towards the end of the game when we were making our comeback.

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2006 01:19PM

nr53
Liz '05
Tub(a)

A friend of mine got a screenshot of the RPI goalie's facebook page courtesy of a friend who goes to RPI and he brought it along with him to the game. It worked reasonably well when we started to read off of it towards the end of the game when we were making our comeback.

That sounds like a great idea. There's plenty of dirt on everybody's facebook.

Posted by: sah67 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 04, 2006 05:13PM

Of course that means we should also be careful not to make incriminating Facebook photos of our own players/alums *cough* Chris Abbott and Glover wearing diapers and pacifiers *cough* available, even if they are publically visible on Facebook *cough cough*.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 10:05AM

sah67
Of course that means we should also be careful not to make incriminating Facebook photos of our own players/alums *cough* Chris Abbott and Glover wearing diapers and pacifiers *cough* available, even if they are publically visible on Facebook *cough cough*.

Ummm... where do you see those? I have never seen those pics, and I just went back through both of their profiles to check. Also, I know coach asked all the guys on the team to either take themselves off Facebook or make their profiles only visible by friends. I realize this doesn't apply to Chris anymore, but isn't Danny friends-only?

Posted by: Omie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 11:40AM

tsk tsk. what a poor display of facebooking skills. you have to look a little deeper in their profiles (ie they are not tagged).

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 05, 2006 12:10PM

I found what you're talking about, but... since that isn't Danny, and Chris isn't on the team... I think we're okay.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login