Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"Weekend Off"

Posted by calgARI '07 
"Weekend Off"
Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2006 04:47PM

Not the rosiest analysis of last weekend.

[www.elynah.com]

Re: "Weekend Off"
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:00PM

calgARI '07
Not the rosiest analysis of last weekend.

I'm shocked. You were so restrained on the forum.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:06PM

I don't get it. I watched Saturday's game and, as a fan, never felt the game was in doubt. To me, winning a game with little threat, automatically precludes a weekend from being "the shittiest in years."

Date: November 30, 2006 05:13PM

Jordan 04
I don't get it. I watched Saturday's game and, as a fan, never felt the game was in doubt. To me, winning a game with little threat, automatically precludes a weekend from being "the shittiest in years."

Well they played one of the worst teams in college hockey and lost once and didn't blow them out of the water the other game. Cornell played poorly and it was far from entertaining.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:20PM

If the two teams played one hundred times, Cornell should win all 100 games, and by a consistently wide margin, yet they hardly appeared to be even slightly superior this weekend.

Actually, according to KRACH, if they played 100 times, Wayne State should win 15. Not sure what that would be without last week's results, but its not zero - maybe more like 10.

[www.collegehockeynews.com]

Anyway, I didn't see or even hear the games (screw you, CSTV), but the concept of going 100 for 100 is pretty crazy, I don't care who you're playing.

Any team can win any night, its part of hockey. Sure, they may have played poorly, but that doesn't mean the concept of 100 for 100 is grounded at all in reality.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:32PM

Jordan 04

They played well on Saturday, controlling play. Yes, they still have special teams problems, although the kill was good on Saturday. It was hardly the worst weekend in years. In fact, it wasn't even the worst Thanksgiving weekend in years.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:51PM

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 30, 2006 05:55PM

DeltaOne81, quoting Ari
If the two teams played one hundred times, Cornell should win all 100 games, and by a consistently wide margin, yet they hardly appeared to be even slightly superior this weekend.
Ari, do you think the gap between Cornell and WSU is bigger than the gap between Minnesota and HC?

Date: November 30, 2006 06:04PM

ugarte
DeltaOne81, quoting Ari
Ari, do you think the gap between Cornell and WSU is bigger than the gap between Minnesota and HC?

Yeah. Holy Cross last year was at the top of a conference that is getting stronger each year. Wayne State is in an inferior conference and certainly not at the top of it. Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit with the 100 times comment. Doesn't change the fact that Cornell should beat the shit out of teams like Wayne State especially on home ice.

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2006 06:35PM

Trotsky
Jordan 04

They played well on Saturday, controlling play. Yes, they still have special teams problems, although the kill was good on Saturday. It was hardly the worst weekend in years. In fact, it wasn't even the worst Thanksgiving weekend in years.

Are you guys referring to Sunday? I certainly didn't think we controlled anything on Saturday.

Posted by: plrd78 (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2006 07:49PM

Great Job on Nov 30th story..Honest... We all agree with YOU!!! We think your overall statements are correct. Based on the level of players we have it was sh......t
PP-1st Unit on ice way to long no finish, no chances...Whats the point of playing in the corner or like you said, pass to McCutheon,,, do it at the right time.. not every play dump it to the guy...2nd unit-Greening Gallagher Romano..Best line on the team..Excitment every shift...

PK-Sat.-Horrible...PK-Sun. Great...Why SCALI....did not play more, play him on a line, he creates.
Mike Kennedy, yes he is great on the PK...But he can score and see's the ice well...

The Kids have never been at fault...Milo played better..but got short shifted..WHY??? He should be on the POINT... like you said Great outside shot, plus he can make plays... not dump it in the corner or hold it so long it gets blocked, iced whatever..
Hope they wake up...

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 30, 2006 07:50PM

DeltaOne81

Actually, according to KRACH, if they played 100 times, Wayne State should win 15. Not sure what that would be without last week's results, but its not zero - maybe more like 10.
The relative KRACH rankings of Cornell and Wayne State were certainly affected by the results of Saturday's game. I suspect that coming into the weekend KRACH would have predicted a much more lopsided result than 6:1 Cornell.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 30, 2006 08:16PM

fullofgas
Trotsky
Jordan 04

Are you guys referring to Sunday? I certainly didn't think we controlled anything on Saturday.

Yes, I meant Sunday.

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 30, 2006 08:34PM

While I agree Kindret played with urgency and a lot of heart (unlike most of the team), but even calling him servicible I think might be a BIT of a stretch. The guy seemed to have trouble keeping his balance, looked confused on both the offensive and defensive ends, and was constantly out of position. I guess all of these things are expected for any player after not playing in a real game situation for the last 6 months, but he is still not someone I I would be excited about seeing in the lineup anytime in the near future. Mugford, Barlow, and Scali while all being very different players, are each a noticible upgrade.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: December 01, 2006 11:58AM

Jordan 04
fullofgas
Trotsky
Jordan 04

Yes, I meant Sunday.

Me too. doh

Date: December 01, 2006 12:02PM

plrd78
Milo played better..but got short shifted..WHY??? He should be on the POINT... like you said Great outside shot, plus he can make plays... not dump it in the corner or hold it so long it gets blocked, iced whatever...

Does Milo really have a heavy shot? I've seen him do wonders with stick handling -- his signature move seems to be sneaking in behind a guy and poking the pukc loose, then wrapping it up and protecting it with his body like a guard dribbling and protecting with his shoulder. I just haven't seen the big Doug Murray I Will Drill A Hole Through You If I Can Hit You shot from anybody yet.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: December 01, 2006 01:05PM

Trotsky
plrd78
Milo played better..but got short shifted..WHY??? He should be on the POINT... like you said Great outside shot, plus he can make plays... not dump it in the corner or hold it so long it gets blocked, iced whatever...

Does Milo really have a heavy shot? I've seen him do wonders with stick handling -- his signature move seems to be sneaking in behind a guy and poking the pukc loose, then wrapping it up and protecting it with his body like a guard dribbling and protecting with his shoulder. I just haven't seen the big Doug Murray I Will Drill A Hole Through You If I Can Hit You shot from anybody yet.

Yes he has a very heavy shot. Schafer mentioned this in the season preview on the Athletics site. He absolutely ripped the goal he scored in the York game. I haven't really paid attention to his stick skills. Milo strikes me as much more of a goal scorer than a puck-handling playmaking type.

Date: December 01, 2006 01:26PM

Trotsky
plrd78

When I saw him play in the USHL, the whole powerplay seemed to revolve around the one-timer to him. He can really rip it. Watch him during warmups - it's a lot more on display there than during the game.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 01, 2006 01:27PM

Trotsky

Krantz has had some pretty heavy shots from what I can remember. Didn't he win the fastest shot contest at some point a couple years back?

Posted by: redhair34 (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: December 01, 2006 01:32PM

ebilmes
Didn't he win the fastest shot contest at some point a couple years back?

He won last year, and I believe the year before. He also took home the fastest skater award.

Date: December 01, 2006 01:58PM

calgARI '07
When I saw him play in the USHL, the whole powerplay seemed to revolve around the one-timer to him. He can really rip it. Watch him during warmups - it's a lot more on display there than during the game.

Cool. It is an interesting question, then, why he isn't on the point on the power play. What we have aint exactly lighting it up.

According to the ECAC(HL grumble...) site, Cornell ranks 11th in overall special teams in conference. Yikes.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 01, 2006 02:01PM

Greening has a big shot too. Unfortunately I think I've only ever seen it in warmups.

Date: December 01, 2006 02:02PM

Trotsky
calgARI '07

Cool. It is an interesting question, then, why he isn't on the point on the power play. What we have aint exactly lighting it up.

According to the ECAC(HL grumble...) site, Cornell ranks 11th in overall special teams in conference. Yikes.

Really dont know. Milo has been on and off the powerplay all year. What was weird is that he was on the point of the second powerplay for the whole week leading up to last weekend at practice. Then he was taken off after the first powerplay of the first game for Carefoot. That being said, Carefoot set up a goal once he was there and was far better than he was early in the season on the point.

Date: December 01, 2006 02:05PM

CowbellGuy
Greening has a big shot too. Unfortunately I think I've only ever seen it in warmups.

Pretty tough to take a big shot from a foot in front of the net and from the bench.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login