Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"Silence in Section A"

Posted by Chris '03 
"Silence in Section A"
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2006 12:24PM

From yesterday's(?) Sun:
[cornellsun.com]

He had me until about this:

Besides, asshole isn’t a swear.

Re: "Silence in Section A"
Posted by: RazzBaronZ (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 21, 2006 01:44PM

He has a point, though. I'm also in A and the ushers are constantly there.

They actually singled me out during the Dartmouth game. I was saying "rough 'em" up and the lady pointed at me, came up to me, and said "You should not be cursing. We've been getting a lot of complaints about this section." I denied any wrongdoing and looked her right in the eyes, and she backed down and went "I meant the section." I then asked her why she singled me out. She just said "Tell your friends."

I figure it's because I was joking around with the people around me, and was pretty loud. Still, it didn't feel very good and I had to keep glancing over at the usher the entire game. It's definitely a problem.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 22, 2006 11:48AM

At least they haven't threatened to mace anyone yet this year...

By the way, I'd also like to thank athletics for successfully killing the nonoffensive, nonagressive, nondelaying (except when a moron does it later in the game), and totally unique tradition of throwing fish for the Harvard game. I could have counted the number of fish thrown on two hands.

I wonder when they'll demand the students sit for the whole game...

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 22, 2006 01:18PM

Chris '03
From yesterday's(?) Sun:
[cornellsun.com]

He had me until about this:

Besides, asshole isn’t a swear.

At any rate it's not profanity. Unless you're an ass-worshipping rim-jobber.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: BMac (---.dsl.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 24, 2006 07:12PM

I sit behind RazzBaronZ, and I remarked to him during Dartmouth that I've lost a significant part of my enjoyment for the games: the ability to be obnoxious. I never swear; however, I've had to stop being so loud and annoying because there's an usher next to our row (I'm on the A-B aisle) the ENTIRE GAME, all the time. It's really a killer, because they just STARE at you every time something loud's coming out.

I really, really hate it.

Posted by: nr53 (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 24, 2006 09:58PM

BMac
I sit behind RazzBaronZ, and I remarked to him during Dartmouth that I've lost a significant part of my enjoyment for the games: the ability to be obnoxious. I never swear; however, I've had to stop being so loud and annoying because there's an usher next to our row (I'm on the A-B aisle) the ENTIRE GAME, all the time. It's really a killer, because they just STARE at you every time something loud's coming out.

I really, really hate it.

I definitely agree. I was getting glares the entire harvard game for wearing my "Harvard Sucks" shirt. I feel as if there's nothing more that usher would like to do than throw me out of the game. If I think a particular call is crap, I should be able to express that (within reason of course... I'm not a huge fan of the ref chants) without dreading a tap on the shoulder. My greatest ambition is to be able to donate tons of money to the athletics department with the stipulation that the ushers lay off a bit (among other things of course). Of course by the time I make anywhere near the amount of money to do this I'll be one of the cranky old guys complaining about those dang young'uns with their loud music and such so my complaints will only make the problem worse. smashfreak

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login