Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch

Posted by howiem98 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: howiem98 (---.skbr.com)
Date: November 09, 2006 09:41PM

FOR SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Event: Cornell Mens' Hockey on TV Versus Harvard at Lynah! The Big Red are Undefeated and Battle their Arch-Rivals for ECACHL Supremacy!
Date: 11/10/06
Time: 5:00 P.M. Pacific
RSVP: Not necessary. Feel free to just show up!
More info: HowardMadris howardm1@sbcglobal.net (will check email through game day at 1:30PM)
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2006 01:49PM by howiem98.

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 11:15PM

I hope it is not too early to start this thread.

For anyone in central Indiana, I'm hosting a get together at my place in Lafayette. PM me for details.:-)

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Pensacola, FL
Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 07:26AM

For Panhandle Florida/Lower Alabama:

The Cornell Club of the Emerald Coast is having a get-together at Sideliners Sports Bar on Pensacola Beach.

Not sure if anyone other than me cares, but if you're out there...

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Atlanta, GA
Posted by: rmandel (---.pkfresearch.com)
Date: November 02, 2006 08:51AM

Cornell vs Harvard Men's Hockey
Live from Lynah Rink on CSTV
Friday, November 10 - 8 PM

Join CAAA Viewing Party at:

Jock's and Jill's Brookhaven
4046 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30319
(404) 816-2801

No cover. Everyone pays for his or her own food and beverage. Wear red and bring your fish!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 09:48AM

Liz '05
For Panhandle Florida/Lower Alabama:

The Cornell Club of the Emerald Coast is having a get-together at Sideliners Sports Bar on Pensacola Beach.

Not sure if anyone other than me cares, but if you're out there...
Urgh. If only Pensacola weren't at the END of the panhandle, I could will my way there.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Sierra Vista, Arizona
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 10:34AM

The Cornell Club of Cochise County will be watching at 6pm from:
Paul's Pub
1805 Paseo San Luis
Sierra Vista, AZ

We've got two TVs reserved.

Call my cell if you have any questions: 607.280.1121
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2006 04:52PM by Ben Rocky 04.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch (State College, PA)
Posted by: Bio '04 (128.118.170.---)
Date: November 02, 2006 10:37AM

For anyone stuck in the center of PA (AKA Penn State), I could host a viewing party in my apartment for the game. Just let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2006 07:29PM by Bio '04.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Chicago???
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.dsl.mindspring.com)
Date: November 02, 2006 03:07PM

I will be in Chicago (Hyde Park, specifically) next week. Though I have a work-related dinner and therefore will likely miss the broadcast, I do wonder if anyone is organizing a viewing gathering in Chicago??

LGR, Tom '87

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 03:15PM

Section A Banshee
Urgh. If only Pensacola weren't at the END of the panhandle, I could will my way there.

You have no idea how much I feel your pain.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - D.C.
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 04:52PM

Hockey season is here and the DC Cornell Hockey Gamewatch is back!

Join more than 100 raucous fans for a Big Red Party! Renew your membership at the game for reduced price.

When: Friday, November 10th, 8pm
Where: McFaddens, 2401 Pennsylvania Ave NW (at 24th Street)
Metro: Foggy Bottom (orange, blue)
Food Included: Hot Finger Food Buffet!
Drink: Specials: $2 Domestic Drafts, $4 Rail Drinks
How Much: $10 for members and guest, $15 for non-members
RSVP Requested

Please e-mail Josh at jbn6 <at> cornell.edu with questions and to RSVP.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 06:40PM

Well, with the latest local Cornell Club email touting the basketball team's tilt with Northwestern on the same day, I'm doubting that anything will be formally organized this year. For the last couple broadcasts, a few of us have headed to a place called "Joe's on Weed" (940 W Weed St), at which we haven't had problems getting the game. Yak-zies (3710 N Clark St) has also been a good spot. I will probably head to Joe's if I can get a couple of people to go with me. Otherwise, it's WHRB...
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2006 06:41PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 06:54PM

I'll be watching at home in Flossmoor (about 30 miles due south of the Loop, and about 30 minutes from Hyde Park or 42 minutes from downtown via Metra train). If anyone wants to come down, PM me for directions.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Boston
Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 07:39PM

Something is in the works for watching Cornell-Hahvahd at the Sports Depot in Alson, MA (same place as last year).

Tom Pasniewski is supposedly setting it up.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch
Posted by: Newman (209.253.121.---)
Date: November 02, 2006 08:02PM

Well the Northwestern-Cornell basketball game will be played in an arena close enough to my apartment that I could almost spit on it from my window, so it was going be a tough decision between doing that and going to watch the hockey game at Joe's. But then a friend suggested that I could spit on the basketball arena earlier in the day, freeing me up to go watch hockey in the evening. Why choose, when I can do both?

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: November 02, 2006 09:22PM

SF Bay Area folks, I am trying to arrange for the Ice Oasis in Redwood City. I am actually a member now and so there should be no problem.

It's the perfect place to watch hockey. Just twist your head 45 degrees and you are watching a real game through the glass (well, if you call what we play real hockey)

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 02, 2006 10:24PM

Anyone knwo of any good bars in Philly that might be willing to put the game on?

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2006 12:32AM

Roy 82
SF Bay Area folks, I am trying to arrange for the Ice Oasis in Redwood City. I am actually a member now and so there should be no problem.

It's the perfect place to watch hockey. Just twist your head 45 degrees and you are watching a real game through the glass (well, if you call what we play real hockey)

Hmm, damn, why'd they have to make it on a Friday this year. Count me ion as a likely, but maybe a tad late.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 03, 2006 01:56AM

Well, I suppose it's Joe's on Weed a half-hour before game time, then? I don't think I'll make the trip earlier in the day for the spitting, though.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2006 08:49AM

ftyuv
Anyone knwo of any good bars in Philly that might be willing to put the game on?
I'm working on the Philadelphia situation, ftyuv. Will post something as soon as I know more.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 03, 2006 09:24AM

Hillel Hoffmann
ftyuv
I'm working on the Philadelphia situation, ftyuv. Will post something as soon as I know more.

Cool, thanks. I'd offer to help, but I've never even been to Philly... I think Hershey is about as close as I've gotten :)

Posted by: BCrespi (209.191.175.---)
Date: November 03, 2006 11:59AM

Hey NYC folks, this is my first year home from the hill. Are there any established relationships/places to speak with to set up a location?

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 03, 2006 01:20PM

BCrespi
Hey NYC folks, this is my first year home from the hill. Are there any established relationships/places to speak with to set up a location?

I vote for anywhere that doesn't have a food and drink minimum. And is not on the UES.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 03, 2006 01:29PM

Ship of Fools has always been good to us. 82nd and 2nd. Although it's a pain in the arse for me know, I figure that's where I'll be for the game.

Riveria has also been used.

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.sonomatech.com)
Date: November 03, 2006 03:58PM

Yeah, Redwood City's too far for me to go on a Friday afternoon. I'd have to leave work at 2:30 to make it down there. I'll be watching this one at my house instead.

Where to watch in PHILADELPHIA
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: November 03, 2006 05:32PM

We've found a place to watch the Cornell-Harvard game in Philadelphia.

Please join the Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia at the Fox & Hounds Smokehouse and Tavern at 1501 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia (corner of Spruce & 15th). It's a large space with a lot of screens, but you should be able to find us if you keep looking.

Mass transit is recommended, but we've been told that there is a parking garage above Fox & Hounds (called Parkway Avenue of the Arts Garage?) that may offer discounted parking for the establishment.

I'm sorry to say I won't be there, but please come.

Posted by: mhand06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 03, 2006 05:45PM

what about in ithaca?

Posted by: Avash (---.PUBLIC.LIBRARY.upenn.edu)
Date: November 03, 2006 05:55PM

mhand06
what about in ithaca?

I know of one pretty good place; they recently renovated, too.

;-)

Date: November 03, 2006 05:59PM

lynah rink?,,,,

Date: November 03, 2006 06:03PM

GO RED!!!

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: November 03, 2006 10:19PM

It was mentioned on CSTV tonight that Mike Emrick will be doing the game from Lynah next week.

Date: November 03, 2006 10:57PM

French Rage
Roy 82

Hmm, damn, why'd they have to make it on a Friday this year. Count me ion as a likely, but maybe a tad late.

"Damn" is right. Damn damn damn. It turns out that I can't make it anywhere near on time either and so I have to withdraw this venue (unless another member steps up). Sorry. Stay tuned. Ahhh the good old days when nothing interfered with hockey.

Re: Where to watch in PHILADELPHIA
Date: November 04, 2006 12:42AM

Hillel Hoffmann
We've found a place to watch the Cornell-Harvard game in Philadelphia.

Please join the Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia at the Fox & Hounds Smokehouse and Tavern at 1501 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia (corner of Spruce & 15th). It's a large space with a lot of screens, but you should be able to find us if you keep looking.

Mass transit is recommended, but we've been told that there is a parking garage above Fox & Hounds (called Parkway Avenue of the Arts Garage?) that may offer discounted parking for the establishment.

I'm sorry to say I won't be there, but please come.

That you, Hillel. Can I ask if there's any sort of cover or anything? I'm not a member of any Cornell Club chapter.

Too bad you won't be able to make it!

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 07:51AM

ftyuv
Hillel Hoffmann
We've found a place to watch the Cornell-Harvard game in Philadelphia. Please join the Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia at the Fox & Hounds Smokehouse and Tavern at 1501 Spruce Street in Center City Philadelphia.

any sort of cover or anything?

No cover.

Date: November 04, 2006 11:35AM

Sounds great, thanks!

Posted by: jibjab (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 01:16PM

Roy 82
French Rage
Roy 82

"Damn" is right. Damn damn damn. It turns out that I can't make it anywhere near on time either and so I have to withdraw this venue (unless another member steps up). Sorry. Stay tuned. Ahhh the good old days when nothing interfered with hockey.

Bay Area folks -- we've had good luck with Stanley's (at Logitech in San Jose) in the past. I can give them a call if there's interest. Only potential issue is that driving to SJ during Friday rush hour doesn't make it any easier for those of us who work until 5 or later to get there quickly to watch most of the game... There's also the possibility of the Old Pro in Palo Alto, which I know is closer for a lot of people, but I've heard that they've been kind of flaky lately in terms of promising coverage for non-mainstream games and then refusing to turn them on for people.

Anyway, reply or PM with any interest in either of these two venues...

Jenny

Where in New York City
Posted by: technorat (---.DYNAPOOL.NYU.EDU)
Date: November 05, 2006 03:53PM

I've heard rumors of a place on the Upper East Side that always has the game on. Anybody know where it is? Or, of any other bars that will show the game?

Thanks.

Re: Where in New York City
Posted by: RedAR (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 05, 2006 04:13PM

The place is called Ship of Fools, located on 82nd St. and 2nd Ave. (212-570-2651), and they really are Cornell Hockey friendly. They have required a per person minimum in the past, but if I recall correctly, then the Cornell games were during the NCAA's and competing with squeakball tourney games. They MAY not require a minimum at this point in the season, but that's something for you to negotiate with the bar owner. If you can work out the details, then I'm sure there are plenty of Lynah Faithful who will show up dressed in RED. I just don't have the time to arrange it this year.

Personally, I think it's perfectly reasonable for an establishment to require a minimum if they are reserving half of the bar for a large group, but that's just me.

Posted by: A-ron (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 05, 2006 04:40PM

I spoke with the owner of Ship of Fools last year during the playoffs and he said that he appreciated our patronage and prefers us over the basketball fans. Riviera was cool but felt mixed with other fans...not the same kind of atmosphere we had at SOF. Park Ave country club was also fun but felt more like a Cornell alumni event that happened to have a hockey game on in the background (when compared to SOF).

That being said, I'll be at none of the above since I got tickets for the best viewing party: Lynah!

west palm beach FL ???
Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 05, 2006 09:30PM

anyone else?

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - St. Petersburg, FL?
Posted by: that loud guy with the hair (---.hrbgpa.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 12:55AM

I'll be there visiting family. If anyone knows of any game-watching event or would like to hash one out, please get in touch with me. I should be able to have access to a car that evening.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 02:41PM

Can anybody confirm that a group is actually going to Ship of Fools, or that anybody has made arrangements there? Cornell's Metro Office wanted to know so they could send out an announcement.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: mike00 (65.211.143.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 03:48PM

Cornell Club of Michigan Viewing Party- Friday November 10, 2006 @ 8:00pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
280 W. Nine Mile Road
Ferndale, MI

Date: November 06, 2006 04:31PM

FYI-

I just heard about this on WFAN, and tracked down the article. CSTV is offering the channel free to affiliates this weekend because they are carrying Notre Dame football this weekend. (Of note: This is the first time in 169 games ND is not on CBS/ABC/NBC/ESPN)

[www.cstv.com]

Not sure what the easiest way is to find out if your operator is picking up the channel. I am poking around looking for news regarding Time Warner in NYC. (I sent an "Instant Access" message into the FAN asking about it, hoping one of their producers will read it and do the legwork to find out about all of New Yorks cable and satellite outlets).
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2006 04:42PM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 06, 2006 04:38PM

Jordan 04
Not sure what the easiest way is to find out if your operator is picking up the channel. I am poking around looking for news regarding Time Warner in NYC.
Fingers crossed for Cablevision in Brooklyn. I'm probably going to simply wait and see if I can get the channel by trying to tune it in.

Posted by: Mary '06 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 06:29PM

I would definitely love to watch the Harvard game somewhere in the city! Let's get a group together :)

Date: November 06, 2006 07:31PM

Jordan 04
I am poking around looking for news regarding Time Warner in NYC.

I took a quick look and all I found are indications the free CSTV is "over the weekend". I'm guessing "the weekend" means Saturday-Sunday since the football game is Saturday.

I also found this referring to the football game:
[q]For people who live where the game is not available on cable, such as the South Bend area, they can watch the game on their computers on a pay-per-view basis. It costs $14.95 for people who sign up for the game before Saturday and $19.95 for people who sign up on Saturday.[/q]

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - Northern New Jersey
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 06, 2006 08:17PM

I would like to see a gathering at someone's house in Northern New Jersey on a big screen TV. Going in to New York is okay but once you're older than Class of '90 or '85, you really should be sitting in a La-Z-Boy with a light beer nearer to where you live and with your own kind.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 06, 2006 08:54PM

nyc94

I took a quick look and all I found are indications the free CSTV is "over the weekend". I'm guessing "the weekend" means Saturday-Sunday since the football game is Saturday.

You wouldn't have to guess if you read the article that I put in the post:

CSTV has offered its affiliates a free sneak peek weekend from 7 p.m. Friday, November 10 until midnight, Sunday, November 12, it was announced today by Brian Bedol, President and CEO, CSTV Networks, Inc. Cable systems that currently carry CSTV will be able to move it to their digital or expanded basic tier.

Date: November 06, 2006 08:58PM

Jordan 04
nyc94

CSTV has offered its affiliates a free sneak peek weekend from 7 p.m. Friday, November 10 until midnight, Sunday, November 12, it was announced today by Brian Bedol, President and CEO, CSTV Networks, Inc. Cable systems that currently carry CSTV will be able to move it to their digital or expanded basic tier.

Doesn't mean Time Warner NYC will run it or that they will start at 7 PM Friday. I was referring to Time Warner's site, not CSTV's.

Date: November 06, 2006 09:00PM

nyc94
Jordan 04
nyc94

Doesn't mean Time Warner NYC will run it or that they will start at 7 PM Friday. I was referring to Time Warner's site, not CSTV's.

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Although I'd guess that a given cable operator is deciding yes/no on the parameters laid out by CSTV, and has not said "yes" but is debating "well, should we slightly change the times laid out by CSTV?"

Date: November 06, 2006 09:05PM

Jordan 04
nyc94
Jordan 04
nyc94

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

Although I'd guess that a given cable operator is deciding yes/no on the parameters laid out by CSTV, and has not said "yes" but is debating "well, should we slightly change the times laid out by CSTV?"

I want to be optomistic but we're talking about Time Warner. Their Maine site says 11/10 - 11/12 but doesn't list times. It just says watch ND on Saturday. It wouldn't shock me if someone forgets to throw the switch.

Date: November 06, 2006 09:06PM

nyc94
Jordan 04
nyc94
Jordan 04
nyc94

Ah, ok. Makes sense.

I want to be optomistic but we're talking about Time Warner. Their Maine site says 11/10 - 11/12 but doesn't list times. It just says watch ND on Saturday. It wouldn't shock me if someone forgets to throw the switch.

Yeah. I wish there was a credible way to find out. I'm not either bothering to call their regular customer service line because I won't put any trust in the answer that I receive -- whether it's a yes or no. I suppose I can look around for a corporate number for TW of NYC.

Date: November 07, 2006 09:44AM

Only relevant piece I found online:

The vast majority of cable customers that get CSTV, have it on their digital or expanded basic tier packages. This weekend, CSTV is offering a “Sneak Peak” weekend, where the channel is moved to the lower monthly-cost basic tier, so fans can find the Notre Dame game and sample of the network’s other programming.

CSTV has cut deals with DirecTV, Dish Network and cable giants like Comcast, Brighthouse, Time Warner and Suddenlink to make Notre Dame available on the basic tier in potentially 37 million households. While that’s a significant achievement, consider that ESPN and ESPN2 are both available in more than 90 million homes.

Date: November 07, 2006 10:25AM

That probably means that they don't have a deal with Cablevision yet. Grrrr.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 10:29AM

any word if directv will get it for free this weekend as well? Trying to figure out if I need to sign up for the weekend. By the time the free feed is suppose to start, it'll be too late for me to call in to sign up I think.

EDIT: i saw that they have the deal w/ directv..just wanted to make sure the feed would become free @ 7pm, since that is when I assume the cornell harvard game will be.

I emailed them, hopefully they'll get back to me to confirm the free feed will begin @ 7pm

Jordan 04
nyc94

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2006 10:53AM by jaybert.

Date: November 07, 2006 11:12AM

Does Cablevision carry CSTV at all? For any price? I haven't seen it in my perusals...

Date: November 07, 2006 11:19AM

When I get a chance in the next day or so, I will put in a call to SoF to "officially" arrange something with them.

Date: November 07, 2006 11:24AM

Any in TX btw? Dallas to be specific

adding DirecTV packages by phone
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 07, 2006 11:26AM

I'm pretty sure when I had DirecTV the customer service line worked 24/7. Try calling them at midnight tonight to check. :-)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2006 11:28AM by jtwcornell91.

Re: west palm beach FL ???
Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 12:00PM

well i know that adelphia has it on #175, Dish on #175 and Drect TV #610 so if i can only get a bar to put it on TV....

Date: November 07, 2006 12:03PM

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry but as of this time, we don't have any information if DIRECTV will be carrying a free preview of College Sports Television (CSTV, ch. 610) this upcoming weekend. Please stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and updates about our service as they become available.

On the other hand, aside from CSTV, you will be able to receive all of the year-round sports channel that DIRECTV offers with a subscription to the DIRECTV Sports Pack for $12 or less per month. The Sports Pack also includes the following:

-Diverse sports coverage from the U.S. and around the world, including soccer, rugby, cycling, horse racing, surfing, volleyball, and more.
-Great college and amateur sports from around the country.
-Specialty sports networks include: CSTV: College Sports Television, ESPNU, Fox Soccer Channel, Fox Sports Net, The Outdoor Channel, NBA TV, TVG – Interactive Racing and GolTV.

Please visit [directv.com] for more information about the Sports Pack.

Please be reminded that our Premium Services (movie channels, sports pack and select other services) are offered on a monthly basis. If you disconnect the service before you have had it for 30 days, we may charge a $10 fee to offset the costs of removing channels for services not maintained for 30 days.

Additionally, you can find out when any specific program or sporting event is on DIRECTV by using the online program guide on our web site. You’ll find the program guide at directv.com by clicking on the TV Listings button on the left hand side of the page. The guide can be searched by specific time, by using keywords or by show type. In addition you can click on “Edit Preferences” and personalize your guide to include information specific to your programming package and create a favorite channels list.

You can also find out what's on your DIRECTV System each day by subscribing to ON DIRECTV, the official printed entertainment-programming magazine of DIRECTV. With more than 300 pages of information each month, ON DIRECTV features an easy-to-read grid format that covers each day of DIRECTV programming. ON DIRECTV also has a daily highlights page and separate movie and sports listings. For more information, visit our web site at DIRECTV.com/Guide.

A subscription to ON DIRECTV is only $2.99 a month or $29.94 per year. You can order ON DIRECTV online by signing in at DIRECTV.com/MyDIRECTV (or register if you haven't yet) and click on “Change Or Add Programming” in the “My Package” column or by calling 1-800-531-5000.

I hope you find this information helpful and thank you again for writing.

Sincerely,

Emil
DIRECTV Customer Service

Date: November 07, 2006 12:03PM

Jordan 04
When I get a chance in the next day or so, I will put in a call to SoF to "officially" arrange something with them.

It appears something has been officially arranged. The following was sent out in the Cornell NY Net newsletter:

Friday, November 10th - Cornell vs. Harvard Hockey at Ship of Fools
Break out your newspapers and bring your frozen fish! (Well, don't really bring the fish...) Meet up with Cornellians to cheer the Big Red as we crush the Crimson during the most anticipated Cornell Hockey game of the year! The game will be televised at 8PM at Ship of Fools, 1590 2nd Avenue between 81st and 82nd Streets, NYC. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. No RSVP and no cover to attend! Questions? Call Ship of Fools at 212-570-2651 or visit [shipoffoolsnyc.com].

See you all there! LGR!

Date: November 07, 2006 12:04PM

Excellent. See you Friday.

Where in Albany, NY?
Posted by: pfibiger (---.br1.glv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 12:50PM

Does anyone know if the Cornell Club of the Capital District has set something up, or is there something else planned? I'm going to be in Albany, and I'll set something up if there's nothing doing. If I don't hear anything in a day or so, I'll get it set up and post here.

Date: November 07, 2006 01:03PM

That's because I got a phone call from the person who writes that newsletter, asking if anything official had been arranged, and I was confident enough that someone would arrange something that I told her to go ahead, and the worst that would happen is she'd have to send out another e-mail on Thursday or Friday retracting it. Jordan, please go ahead and continue making arrangements when you can.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Lowell '99 (207.96.13.---)
Date: November 07, 2006 01:28PM

Thanks for setting up SOF. So much better than the "official" gatherings set up by the Metro Alumni group (with no disrespect intended). See everybody there.

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 08:25PM

FYI I just received a message on my cable box (in Lowell, MA) that comcast will be carrying the CSTV weekend preview. It doesn't say when it starts, but I assume it is Friday at 7 like others have said.

It also very nicely tagged the 8-11pm time slot as "College Hockey: Harvard at Cornell (Football)"

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 09:28PM

FYI - CSTV's press release says that the free preview begins Friday evening:
[www.cstv.com]

Posted by: Rich S (12.162.105.---)
Date: November 07, 2006 09:42PM

ok Bill...so invite me already! :-)

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 07, 2006 10:39PM

Rich S
ok Bill...so invite me already! :-)

Rich, you're more than welcome. I'm serious, whether you're joking. We just gotta find somebody with satellite TV in Northern or North-Central NJ. I kept digital cable and turned off DirecTV a couple months ago after my fifth receiver in about five years died of overheating. I'm not betting that Comcast will really have the CSTV free weekend and if they do, it may not kick in until Saturday.

My fallback is to go into New York to watch the game ... or watch the webcast on a big screen TV at home. My recall from the TV games of a year ago is when CSTV picks up the video feed from its studio broadcast (rather than a webcast all the way out of Lynah), the quality is notably better. Assuming the game is webcast. The TV game(s) last year from Lynah were webcast.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2006 10:41PM by billhoward.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 12:11AM

Does anyone know a place to watch in Southern New England?

All we get here is Cox Cable, and Cox doesn't carry CSTV. Perhaps this is because Cox doesn't want its name mixed up with Sucks, for obvious reasons. Nonetheless, Cox carries the Jewelry channel, something with Church Lady 24/7, and all manner of other crap. This leads one to conclude that, Sucks or not, Cox itself sucks.

(Is this posting too unwholesome for Lynah? ;-))

Date: November 08, 2006 09:37AM

Yay not buying CSTV....I emailed them again with the updated link saying Directv was taking in the promotion, and got the following back. They must have got a memo....

Thanks for writing us back. We have late-breaking good news! We will be having a free preview of CSTV - College Sports Television (ch. 610) beginning 6 AM ET on Nov 10, 2006 until 5:59 AM ET on Nov 13, 2006. CSTV will air the Notre Dame at Air Force college football game on Nov 11 during the free preview.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Emil
DIRECTV Customer Service

Posted by: jy3 (---.albyny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 10:52AM

assuming we do not get tickets for this weekend, if anyone is interested in watching in my living room shoot me an email, the old cornell ID jy40 still works

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2006 11:27AM

jaybert
Yay not buying CSTV....I emailed them again with the updated link saying Directv was taking in the promotion, and got the following back. They must have got a memo....

Thanks for writing us back. We have late-breaking good news! We will be having a free preview of CSTV - College Sports Television (ch. 610) beginning 6 AM ET on Nov 10, 2006 until 5:59 AM ET on Nov 13, 2006. CSTV will air the Notre Dame at Air Force college football game on Nov 11 during the free preview.

Thanks again for writing and stay tuned to directv.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Emil
DIRECTV Customer Service

CSTV could learn a thing or twelve from DirecTV about customer service. They're not perfect, but in six years I was happy with them a lot more than not.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: November 08, 2006 11:40AM

Wait, so nothing's been arranged with SoF? I've never been, so I don't really know what to explain to them, but someone should get on this, no? If no one has a relationship/any better idea than me, let me know, and I'll try to find a contact or something...

Date: November 08, 2006 12:07PM

Unless Jordan04 has made those arrangements, as far as I'm aware arrangements have not been made.

- Steve Worona

Date: November 08, 2006 12:34PM

I plan to call this evening.

Not sure what "arragements" have been made in the past but I merely plan to explain that there is a Cornell hockey game Friday evening, many will be attending as in the past, so can they set up/reserve the big middle room for us.

Date: November 08, 2006 12:42PM

Jordan 04
Not sure what "arragements" have been made in the past but I merely plan to explain that there is a Cornell hockey game Friday evening, many will be attending as in the past, so can they set up/reserve the big middle room for us.

I don't think it's much more complicated than that.

- Steve Worona

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd in Buffalo?
Posted by: Tom14850 (---.kntnny.adelphia.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 02:11PM

Anybody know a good place to watch this in Buffalo?

Posted by: cathy (---.chem.ucla.edu)
Date: November 08, 2006 02:39PM

How about LA?

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: November 08, 2006 02:54PM

oceanst41
FYI I just received a message on my cable box (in Lowell, MA) that comcast will be carrying the CSTV weekend preview. It doesn't say when it starts, but I assume it is Friday at 7 like others have said.

billhoward
I'm not betting that Comcast will really have the CSTV free weekend and if they do, it may not kick in until Saturday.

I just spoke with a Comcast customer service person who read me a statement saying that CSTV's free "Sneak Peek Weekend" will apply to all Comcast digital cable customers nationwide from 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 10 to midnight on Sunday, Nov. 12. Key word: digital.

Believe at your own risk.

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch--Boston
Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 03:05PM

All Boston area fans....come to the Sports Depot on Friday evening to watch the game with fellow fans!

Sports Depot
353 Cambridge St
Allston, MA 02134

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 03:37PM

Robin
All Boston area fans....come to the Sports Depot on Friday evening to watch the game with fellow fans!
Unless you're going to be in Ithaca. :-D

Kyle

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 05:14PM

Syracuse (unless you will be in Ithaca)

Tully's
2943 Erie Blvd E.
@7:30

Email cjc31@cornell.edu

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - LOS ANGELES
Date: November 08, 2006 05:28PM

The Cornell Alumni Association will have something in LA/Santa Monica. Check back with me tomorrow for the details. If you have information to communicate to me, email me directly at howardm1@sbcglobal.net.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 05:40PM

Jim Hyla
Oh, come now... there's simply no excuse if you're *that* close. :)

Kyle

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch--Nashville
Posted by: underskill (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 06:42PM

Nashville, TN--Bailey's Sports Bar Downtown at 408 Broadway (7 CT). No one will mention SEC Football at all.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2006 07:37PM by jtwcornell91.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.blackberry.net)
Date: November 08, 2006 06:58PM

We are now "officially" on for Ship of Fools. Just got off the phone and the will set up the whole large room for us.

Based on games of various importance in the past, I estimated 50-75 people. He said the main room seats 80, so that should be good, and overflow will be handled as usual I'm sure.

Also, I will be there fairly early (between 6:30 and 7) on Friday to make sure everything is set up ok.

If I missed anything, let me know and I will follow up with them.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 09:07PM

krose
Jim Hyla
Oh, come now... there's simply no excuse if you're *that* close. :)

Kyle
Let's see we have close to 3000 alums in the CNY area. We give each one a ticket and the rest distributed to all you alsorans.crazy Seems fair to me. And don't say we could drive to Ithaca to watch it on TV there.whistleI figured some wise-ass would pick up on that.:-}

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 08, 2006 10:09PM

Thanks, Jordan! Now I don't have to piss off the Metro office. ;-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 09:31AM

Robin

Sports Depot
353 Cambridge St
Allston, MA 02134

Good to know - I'll try to get a few of us there, whether it's the back room or front.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 10:34AM

Hillel Hoffmann
oceanst41

billhoward
I'm not betting that Comcast will really have the CSTV free weekend and if they do, it may not kick in until Saturday.

I just spoke with a Comcast customer service person who read me a statement saying that CSTV's free "Sneak Peek Weekend" will apply to all Comcast digital cable customers nationwide from 6 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 10 to midnight on Sunday, Nov. 12. Key word: digital.

Believe at your own risk.
For the Brighthouse subscribers in the crowd, the free preview is only Saturday from noon to midnight. So close, and yet so far. doh

Re: Cornell-Hahvahd - where to watch - buffalo!
Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 10:36AM

ps
i am in BUFFALO!
realized i didnt state that and that i was posting from albany

Date: November 09, 2006 12:12PM

I told you Time Warner New York City sucks:

[q]In reference to your inquiry, we regret to advise you that we are not
offering CSTV on free preview this weekend. The channel is available,
however, on our Sports Tier for just $1.95 per month. If you would like
to add it to your service, please call our 24 hour Customer Support
line at 212/718 358-0900.

Sincerely,

Time Warner Cable
Customer Support[/q]

Date: November 09, 2006 12:50PM

nyc94
I told you Time Warner New York City sucks:

[q]In reference to your inquiry, we regret to advise you that we are not
offering CSTV on free preview this weekend. The channel is available,
however, on our Sports Tier for just $1.95 per month. If you would like
to add it to your service, please call our 24 hour Customer Support
line at 212/718 358-0900.

Sincerely,

Time Warner Cable
Customer Support[/q]

Cablevision also said that they will not be participating in the free CSTV weekend (I asked about Brooklyn, but probably anywhere). Someone else suggested that Cablevision may not carry CSTV at all, at any price, which might be true. I didn't pay for any sports tier package so I don't know what might be in it.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: November 09, 2006 01:20PM

Winnabago
Robin

Sports Depot
353 Cambridge St
Allston, MA 02134

Good to know - I'll try to get a few of us there, whether it's the back room or front.

Just want to say that I confirmed the back room at Sports Depot (hang a left and go all the way past the bar) for Friday night. That is unless we have to overflow it some :) (it seats 24).

www.sportsdepotboston.com

Date: November 09, 2006 01:54PM

French Rage

Todd.....er.....I mean, FrenchRage, you should check your private messages or e-mail me. Your Stanford e-mail address is bouncing and we have a solution for you in Palo Alto. Where the heck are you these days anyway?

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: November 09, 2006 02:04PM

Roy 82
French Rage

Todd.....er.....I mean, FrenchRage, you should check your private messages or e-mail me. Your Stanford e-mail address is bouncing and we have a solution for you in Palo Alto. Where the heck are you these days anyway?

Ah, I see it, replied.

The new messages box needs to be a more noticable color.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Cornell-Hahvahd -Los Angeles
Date: November 09, 2006 09:41PM

Event: Cornell Mens' Hockey on TV Versus Harvard at Lynah! The Big Red are Undefeated and Battle their Arch-Rivals for ECACHL Supremacy!
Date: 11/10/06
Time: 5:00 P.M. Pacific
RSVP: Not necessary. Feel free to just show up!
More info: howardm1@sbcglobal.net (will check email through game day at 1:30PM)

Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.z57-155-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 09, 2006 10:40PM

I should be done with my dinner at 8:30 PM CST, so I may head over to join you guys and catch the last period of the game.

Harvard Sucks!

Go Big Red,
Tom

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login